• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:37
CEST 16:37
KST 23:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8152 users

Fruit Dealer's Keyboard - Page 6

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 33 Next All
Tabbris
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Bangladesh2839 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-04 02:08:24
October 04 2010 02:07 GMT
#101
Hmm i do have a spare $130 But i never used mechanical before. looks liek a good time to start
cmh
Profile Joined December 2005
United States88 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-04 02:40:59
October 04 2010 02:22 GMT
#102
On October 04 2010 08:22 slowzerg wrote:
From what I saw from Artosis' GSL qualifier video Tester/sSKS has the same model. I wonder if it's TSL's official keyboard? Anyone see what Clide was using?


Clide doesnt have a Filco, I can't remember what he is using at the moment. TSL is sponsored by nKeyboard and near the end of GSL Fruit Dealer used a nKeyboard once vs oGsTOP. After that I figured they all would be obligated to use nKeyboard, but next match Tester was still using his Filco and Fruit Dealer went back to his after that. I'm sure their manager is trying his best to influence them to promote their sponsors, but even having a Filco shows you did a little research for a good keyboard and its hard to make compromises.

I can attest to the build quality of Filco keyboards. It feels expensive just holding one. Not a cheap quality on it, and rightfully so when you pay that much for one lol. I used a DT35 for 7 years and my first impressions after getting my Filco was that I probably could of been content using the DT35 and saving $100 USD. That much for a keyboard is hard to justify, but after a week of using the Filco my DT35 will never return out of my closet only to collect dust. Even if you are not a gamer typing on a mechanical keyboard feels great.

If you get one don't waste your money on NKRO, when are you really going to need to press 6 buttons down and the same time?! Does anyone here have 6 fingers on one hand? Both Tester and Fruit Dealer have the one without NKRO.
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
October 04 2010 02:27 GMT
#103
Cool just made Elitekeyboards a lot of money...
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
illgottengains
Profile Joined July 2010
83 Posts
October 04 2010 02:39 GMT
#104
On October 04 2010 08:03 CaptainFwiffo wrote:
I'm not certain, but I believe the apple is a Fuji.


I'm no apple expert, but it does look like a fuji.
imyzhang
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada809 Posts
October 04 2010 02:45 GMT
#105
On October 04 2010 08:58 GTR wrote:
fuji are the best because they have the crunch factor no other variety of apple has.


agreed ^^, and I was thinking about buying this keyboard too. But i'm waiting on my friend's to come, so i can try it out before I buy it.
bleh
xiaofan
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States513 Posts
October 04 2010 03:02 GMT
#106
When did fruitseller become a dealer? O_o
CaptainFwiffo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States576 Posts
October 04 2010 03:05 GMT
#107
"Fruit Vendor" is a more common/normal phrase in English, so it's probably a better translation.
"Even though they don't drink milk, milk comes out of their nose, disturbingly." - Tasteless
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
October 04 2010 03:24 GMT
#108
Actually we are all going back to the past. Mechanical keyboard is nothing new. Computer in the mid-90 use those, I had an old Compag mechanicall keyboard back in 2002, its like 10 years old or something, very heavy and damn good quality, Mechanical keyboard last like 10 times longer than those cheap membrance keyboard most people are using today.
Terran
ShivaN
Profile Joined January 2007
United States933 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-04 03:33:54
October 04 2010 03:32 GMT
#109
Haha, I picked up this same keyboard almost a year ago for my birthday. Really glad to see all these people picking them up now for gaming. I haven't been able to say enough good things about mine since I've gotten it. Without a doubt it's by far best keyboard I've ever typed/gamed on!

If you're in the market for a new keyboard and don't mind spending a good bit on an extremely high quality keyboard, definitely look into getting a Filco! These things are not cheap, you definitely get what you're paying for. The keyboard itself is over 5lbs!
JIJI_
Profile Joined October 2010
United States123 Posts
October 04 2010 04:47 GMT
#110
He should not be trying to vendor his fruits during the tourney!
All hail King IdrA!
Drayne
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada239 Posts
October 04 2010 07:52 GMT
#111
i was planning on getting this keyboard , my 3 current keyboards are all junk and/or overused.
i wasnt sure if it was worth it, but seeing fruit dealer use is really putting the pressure.. i need to buy it now, if filco gave him this keyboard i am total fish.
Yammiez
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada186 Posts
October 04 2010 07:59 GMT
#112
I feel like I`m in the same boat as above. Been thinking about getting a keyboard for a while, and I did come into some extra money. It would be pretty sweet to have a keyboard I can really rely on.

If I get what I`m paying for, will I be honestly able to say it`ll last me for 5 yearsÉ

I do like clicky blues =D
Smash fear, learn anything; except for spiders
IKenshinI
Profile Joined April 2010
United States132 Posts
October 04 2010 08:10 GMT
#113
On October 04 2010 11:22 cmh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2010 08:22 slowzerg wrote:
From what I saw from Artosis' GSL qualifier video Tester/sSKS has the same model. I wonder if it's TSL's official keyboard? Anyone see what Clide was using?


Clide doesnt have a Filco, I can't remember what he is using at the moment. TSL is sponsored by nKeyboard and near the end of GSL Fruit Dealer used a nKeyboard once vs oGsTOP. After that I figured they all would be obligated to use nKeyboard, but next match Tester was still using his Filco and Fruit Dealer went back to his after that. I'm sure their manager is trying his best to influence them to promote their sponsors, but even having a Filco shows you did a little research for a good keyboard and its hard to make compromises.

I can attest to the build quality of Filco keyboards. It feels expensive just holding one. Not a cheap quality on it, and rightfully so when you pay that much for one lol. I used a DT35 for 7 years and my first impressions after getting my Filco was that I probably could of been content using the DT35 and saving $100 USD. That much for a keyboard is hard to justify, but after a week of using the Filco my DT35 will never return out of my closet only to collect dust. Even if you are not a gamer typing on a mechanical keyboard feels great.

If you get one don't waste your money on NKRO, when are you really going to need to press 6 buttons down and the same time?! Does anyone here have 6 fingers on one hand? Both Tester and Fruit Dealer have the one without NKRO.


How many keys does the non-NKRO allow you to press at a time? (including modifiers but listed separate)
A cat is fine too
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4455 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-04 08:25:42
October 04 2010 08:12 GMT
#114
On October 04 2010 10:38 theqat wrote:
It's not necessarily pointless. Ret has talked about buying a new keyboard per month or every three months or something to keep his equipment in prime shape.

sounds like total overkill , even membranes last for years with good maintenance

as i mentioned before im typing on this american made IBM Model M mechanical keyboard made in 1991 , all i do is clean it every few months and it looks and types as good as new

the filco looks pretty good , the only downside i see with it is the keys could rub off easier than the ibm (something to do with laser etching vs using ink) and also it has windows keys which isn't preferable.On the plus side it doesn't take up as much real estate and weighs less (better for shipping etc)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
October 04 2010 08:24 GMT
#115
That's a huge plus, IMO. Even the 104 key FILCOs take less real estate than a huge majority of the keyboards of it's size. I look at a FILCO and just see efficiency.
Everyone needs a nemesis.
Grebliv
Profile Joined May 2006
Iceland800 Posts
October 04 2010 08:31 GMT
#116
On October 04 2010 08:01 IKenshinI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2010 07:51 torq wrote:any1 knows what that mouse is ??


Mouse is G9 // G9x by logitech. No real difference between the two



There's a big difference in tracking but for rts, yes no difference really. If you play fps games at anything but high sens the orignal is not a good choice.
ESV Mapmaking!
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4455 Posts
October 04 2010 08:33 GMT
#117
On October 04 2010 17:24 lynx.oblige wrote:
That's a huge plus, IMO. Even the 104 key FILCOs take less real estate than a huge majority of the keyboards of it's size. I look at a FILCO and just see efficiency.

yes theres less junk keys like sleep , shut down , media keys and all the other clutter they put on keyboards now.

if anyone is interested they did make a space saver ibm model m with no numpad keys , there was also an ergonomic model similar to those microsoft keyboards that split in the middle but better build quality.of course these special models don't come cheap or easy to find.probably easier to stick with these modern boards and keep an eye out at charity stores and computer recyclers etc for the older mechanical boards for use as backups or to give to friends etc.it is a shame to see superior keyboards going to landfill when they work perfectly fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4455 Posts
October 04 2010 09:50 GMT
#118
also id be interested in a poll here on whether people use mechanical , scissor or membrane keyboards , seems like mechanical suddenly got popular within the last year or so
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
NET
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States703 Posts
October 04 2010 10:03 GMT
#119
On October 04 2010 11:27 Jibba wrote:
Cool just made Elitekeyboards a lot of money...


No kidding. Was thinking the same thing.

I'm using the filco tenkeyless black switch keyboard. It almost makes me wanna get the brown switch. Almost. Many people assume you need to press the key down all they way, but I can barely tap the key and it will be recognized by the computer. I think theres a reason why all the "gaming" keyboards use the black switch... But, it could also be preference. Anyone out there that can help clarify why browns are better for RTS's, because I really don't see them being better then blacks (the extra force needed to press the keys is really dismal, at least imo).
"Dark Templar are the saviors of the Protoss Race." -Artosis
vek
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia936 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-04 12:46:33
October 04 2010 12:44 GMT
#120
On October 04 2010 16:59 Yammiez wrote:
I feel like I`m in the same boat as above. Been thinking about getting a keyboard for a while, and I did come into some extra money. It would be pretty sweet to have a keyboard I can really rely on.

If I get what I`m paying for, will I be honestly able to say it`ll last me for 5 years?

I do like clicky blues =D


It will defintely last more than 5 years. I still have a DEC mechanical keyboard that was manufactured in the early 90s (can't remember exactly what date). It still works today - my brother is using it. I prefer my Filco with MX browns though and it is going great. Mechanical keyboards are built to last, they don't slide around your desk like a cheap bit of plastic, they are hefty pieces of serious hardware.

Once you've gotten used to it for a couple of weeks you will turn your nose up at having to use your friends cheap membrane keyboards, I know I do You will not be disapointed.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 33 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 389
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32754
Bisu 3063
Shuttle 1731
Hyuk 1311
EffOrt 718
Mini 696
Larva 361
Soma 282
ZerO 259
firebathero 234
[ Show more ]
Zeus 100
hero 92
Last 85
Sexy 70
Hyun 43
Mong 40
Killer 40
Pusan 35
Trap 35
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 33
PianO 32
Aegong 28
Hm[arnc] 28
sorry 20
zelot 18
Rock 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
JulyZerg 8
Noble 8
Sacsri 7
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7423
qojqva1440
Dendi835
Counter-Strike
fl0m2210
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1355
crisheroes937
Liquid`Hasu575
Lowko450
Other Games
singsing2636
B2W.Neo1372
Beastyqt393
Livibee207
Hui .189
Liquid`VortiX161
KnowMe87
ArmadaUGS86
Mew2King84
elazer64
CosmosSc2 24
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 41
• Adnapsc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 9058
• WagamamaTV181
League of Legends
• Jankos1924
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 23m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 23m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 23m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 23m
INu's Battles
21h 23m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.