• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:45
CEST 00:45
KST 07:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8064 users

The future of Protoss. Is there any hope? - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 46 Next All
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12552 Posts
November 28 2021 16:38 GMT
#181
On November 29 2021 00:21 highsis wrote:
For IEM Katowice we have 1 confirmed protoss, 6 terrans and 4 zergs. In top EPT points standings, TRAP is the only protss at top 15. We will likely end up with 1 protoss in the tournament out of 16.

At this point I don't even care if protoss players suck balls and are untalened. Yeah, whatever you talents rhetoric arguers say. I just want more protoss representations at the top levels and protoss buffed to achieve it.


It's an unreasonable request, if the top protoss just happen to be worse than the top zergs and top terrans you don't get to demand that they win an equal amount of representation, that would be silly.
No will to live, no wish to die
Drfilip
Profile Joined March 2013
Sweden592 Posts
November 28 2021 16:55 GMT
#182
On November 27 2021 04:35 Vision_ wrote:
[...]I proposed [...] to remove the tag armor. In this way, Stalkers become good against many more expensive units as Immortal, Void Ray, Marauder, Siege Tank, Viking (in Fighter Mode), Ultralisk, Spine Crawler and Lurkers.

Two issues with this list:
1. Fighter mode Vikings only hit air units. Stalkers are not air units. Assault mode Vikings are the ones that can hit Stalkers, but they do not have a bonus vs armored. They have bonus vs mechanical.
2. Ultralisks have no bonus damage. They deal a flat 35 to everything.
So neither Vikings nor Ultralisks would be affected by removing the armored tag from Stalkers.

Well, technically, in team games a Phoenix can lift up a Stalker for a Viking to hit in Fighter mode. That way the armored tag matters.
Random Platinum EU
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-11-28 18:50:00
November 28 2021 18:47 GMT
#183
On November 29 2021 00:21 highsis wrote:
For IEM Katowice we have 1 confirmed protoss, 6 terrans and 4 zergs. In top EPT points standings, TRAP is the only protss at top 15. We will likely end up with 1 protoss in the tournament out of 16.

At this point I don't even care if protoss players suck balls and are untalened. Yeah, whatever you talents rhetoric arguers say. I just want more protoss representations at the top levels and protoss buffed to achieve it.

We have 2 confirmed Protosses, Neeb and Trap. Sure, Neeb won't probably qualify for the main event as he's starting at the RO36 but still, we have 2 confirmed. At this moment we have Zest and Zoun close to go and for example recently retired Parting is still at #10 of the Korean EPT standings, sOs is 12th. And the fact Protoss will suck heavily was known almost 3 years ago. Do you remember when Classic went into the army? Some people were already claiming the doom & gloom of Protoss, because Stats was closely the next one. We were left with Trap, Zest and Zoun and of this trio it looks like Zest entered the pre-army Stats phase (playing for the lulz).

Edit> Also Maxpax, Showtime and Astrea are near being fully qualified.
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
highsis
Profile Joined August 2011
259 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-11-29 14:53:47
November 29 2021 14:52 GMT
#184
On November 29 2021 01:38 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2021 00:21 highsis wrote:
For IEM Katowice we have 1 confirmed protoss, 6 terrans and 4 zergs. In top EPT points standings, TRAP is the only protss at top 15. We will likely end up with 1 protoss in the tournament out of 16.

At this point I don't even care if protoss players suck balls and are untalened. Yeah, whatever you talents rhetoric arguers say. I just want more protoss representations at the top levels and protoss buffed to achieve it.


It's an unreasonable request, if the top protoss just happen to be worse than the top zergs and top terrans you don't get to demand that they win an equal amount of representation, that would be silly.


I think this whole "protoss players suck" argument is a baseless BS. Buff protoss and I will start saying Terran & Zerg players suck and it's not not their race in the exactly same logic. If that BS justify protoss' current state, might as well buff protoss so I can sprout the same rhetoric of how untalented Z&T players are and they need to work harder while protoss comfortably wins tournaments. I was being sarcastic.
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
November 29 2021 15:11 GMT
#185
On November 29 2021 23:52 highsis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2021 01:38 Nebuchad wrote:
On November 29 2021 00:21 highsis wrote:
For IEM Katowice we have 1 confirmed protoss, 6 terrans and 4 zergs. In top EPT points standings, TRAP is the only protss at top 15. We will likely end up with 1 protoss in the tournament out of 16.

At this point I don't even care if protoss players suck balls and are untalened. Yeah, whatever you talents rhetoric arguers say. I just want more protoss representations at the top levels and protoss buffed to achieve it.


It's an unreasonable request, if the top protoss just happen to be worse than the top zergs and top terrans you don't get to demand that they win an equal amount of representation, that would be silly.


I think this whole "protoss players suck" argument is a baseless BS. Buff protoss and I will start saying Terran & Zerg players suck and it's not not their race in the exactly same logic. If that BS justify protoss' current state, might as well buff protoss so I can sprout the same rhetoric of how untalented Z&T players are and they need to work harder while protoss comfortably wins tournaments. I was being sarcastic.

It's not like apart from Clem in Europe and Maru in his waves Terrans have so many finalists or titles either. Currently the only race which has more top players are Zergs with Reynor, Rogue, Dark and Serral, followed by Scarlett, DRG and Solar. Name 7 Terrans where 4 of them are contenders for a title. Well, we can stay with - name 7 Terran who are this good Protoss is at the same stage, but with Zoun not being the toppest top and Trap being in bad form. Imagine if Maru was at bad form - who would have Terrans then? Clem when the road is TvZ only or Cure when the road is TvP only?
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
jpg06051992
Profile Joined July 2015
United States580 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-11-29 15:16:39
November 29 2021 15:14 GMT
#186
On November 29 2021 23:52 highsis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2021 01:38 Nebuchad wrote:
On November 29 2021 00:21 highsis wrote:
For IEM Katowice we have 1 confirmed protoss, 6 terrans and 4 zergs. In top EPT points standings, TRAP is the only protss at top 15. We will likely end up with 1 protoss in the tournament out of 16.

At this point I don't even care if protoss players suck balls and are untalened. Yeah, whatever you talents rhetoric arguers say. I just want more protoss representations at the top levels and protoss buffed to achieve it.


It's an unreasonable request, if the top protoss just happen to be worse than the top zergs and top terrans you don't get to demand that they win an equal amount of representation, that would be silly.


I think this whole "protoss players suck" argument is a baseless BS. Buff protoss and I will start saying Terran & Zerg players suck and it's not not their race in the exactly same logic. If that BS justify protoss' current state, might as well buff protoss so I can sprout the same rhetoric of how untalented Z&T players are and they need to work harder while protoss comfortably wins tournaments. I was being sarcastic.


I don't think top level Protoss players suck, but I can't think of a single foreign Protoss player that could realistically take Serral down.

I know it isn't the supreme gospel of anything, but for October, Aligulac has Protoss at 49.5 % vs. Terran, and 54% vs. Zerg. Quite frankly I don't think balance is an issue, out of all the premier tournaments where Protoss didn't take 1st place, they took 2nd place 5 times, the 6th time they took 2nd was because a Protoss took first, so while I would be in favor of a very slight Stalker buff and or Adept change, is Protoss really so weak?

I know it's dealing in what ifs and make believes, but I firmly believe that if Serral was playing Protoss right now, he would still be crushing, and the topic would be, "Is Protoss overpowered or is Serral just better then everyone?"
"SO MANY BANELINGS!"
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
November 29 2021 15:17 GMT
#187
Maru doesn't have bad Protoss offracing, make him switch
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12552 Posts
November 29 2021 15:17 GMT
#188
On November 29 2021 23:52 highsis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2021 01:38 Nebuchad wrote:
On November 29 2021 00:21 highsis wrote:
For IEM Katowice we have 1 confirmed protoss, 6 terrans and 4 zergs. In top EPT points standings, TRAP is the only protss at top 15. We will likely end up with 1 protoss in the tournament out of 16.

At this point I don't even care if protoss players suck balls and are untalened. Yeah, whatever you talents rhetoric arguers say. I just want more protoss representations at the top levels and protoss buffed to achieve it.


It's an unreasonable request, if the top protoss just happen to be worse than the top zergs and top terrans you don't get to demand that they win an equal amount of representation, that would be silly.


I think this whole "protoss players suck" argument is a baseless BS. Buff protoss and I will start saying Terran & Zerg players suck and it's not not their race in the exactly same logic. If that BS justify protoss' current state, might as well buff protoss so I can sprout the same rhetoric of how untalented Z&T players are and they need to work harder while protoss comfortably wins tournaments. I was being sarcastic.


Ok then you don't think it's the case; that doesn't really matter to me. It's a possibility, so we can't exclude it when talking about the situation.
No will to live, no wish to die
QOGQOG
Profile Joined July 2019
834 Posts
November 29 2021 17:06 GMT
#189
On November 30 2021 00:17 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2021 23:52 highsis wrote:
On November 29 2021 01:38 Nebuchad wrote:
On November 29 2021 00:21 highsis wrote:
For IEM Katowice we have 1 confirmed protoss, 6 terrans and 4 zergs. In top EPT points standings, TRAP is the only protss at top 15. We will likely end up with 1 protoss in the tournament out of 16.

At this point I don't even care if protoss players suck balls and are untalened. Yeah, whatever you talents rhetoric arguers say. I just want more protoss representations at the top levels and protoss buffed to achieve it.


It's an unreasonable request, if the top protoss just happen to be worse than the top zergs and top terrans you don't get to demand that they win an equal amount of representation, that would be silly.


I think this whole "protoss players suck" argument is a baseless BS. Buff protoss and I will start saying Terran & Zerg players suck and it's not not their race in the exactly same logic. If that BS justify protoss' current state, might as well buff protoss so I can sprout the same rhetoric of how untalented Z&T players are and they need to work harder while protoss comfortably wins tournaments. I was being sarcastic.


Ok then you don't think it's the case; that doesn't really matter to me. It's a possibility, so we can't exclude it when talking about the situation.


Except it's not really a possibility. If you look at mid to high level there's, if anything, a disproportionately high number of Protoss players in basically every scene except EU. Even then, look at those endless round robins for the regionals—tons of Protoss. But none of them can get anything done, and that seems to be the case over all, even in refine with strong pros.

Just saying "oh, they're all just bad" is, beyond being more than a little insulting, not something that lines up with the evidence. Since they have more pro and semi pro players, they have more chances to get strong players, and they indeed have had a ton of strong players. Even just in the past couple years you've got Trap, Stats, Zest, Parting, Classic, herO, Zoun, etc. Players who can win series against the best in the world, repeatedly. They're also world class. It's just that the closest one to really getting the results you'd expect from his calibre is Trap and even he gets called the king of tier 2 because he can't seem to win a Code S or Global Finals.

There are a lot of reasons this might be. But if you want to argue that this is because Trap and every other Protoss is secretly bad, it's on you to prove that. It's not something suggested by any evidence though, as there's more Protoss playing than the other races and the best ones have proved themselves repeatedly.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12552 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-11-29 17:41:52
November 29 2021 17:38 GMT
#190
I don't want to argue that. I want to argue that it can either be balance/design or that the top 7-8 best players who play this game just happened to choose other races. Can I prove that if Serral had picked protoss instead of zerg a few years ago he wouldn't be dominating right now, no I can't, so I won't attempt to. All I'm saying is that it's obviously not just bad luck on the protoss side, and therefore, in the context of this thread, I can state that there isn't much hope.

Based on that, yesterday instead of watching the TSL, I watched Wheel of Time! Cool show, didn't make me angry or sad.
Today at work I would usually have watched the Ro8 of the Super Tournament! But I didn't, instead I played all 5 of the daily killer sudoku. Didn't make me angry or sad either. Good choices on my part.
No will to live, no wish to die
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
November 29 2021 19:04 GMT
#191
On November 30 2021 02:38 Nebuchad wrote:
I don't want to argue that. I want to argue that it can either be balance/design or that the top 7-8 best players who play this game just happened to choose other races. Can I prove that if Serral had picked protoss instead of zerg a few years ago he wouldn't be dominating right now, no I can't, so I won't attempt to. All I'm saying is that it's obviously not just bad luck on the protoss side, and therefore, in the context of this thread, I can state that there isn't much hope.

Based on that, yesterday instead of watching the TSL, I watched Wheel of Time! Cool show, didn't make me angry or sad.
Today at work I would usually have watched the Ro8 of the Super Tournament! But I didn't, instead I played all 5 of the daily killer sudoku. Didn't make me angry or sad either. Good choices on my part.


If it makes you feel any better, I also stopped watching due to protoss.

The only difference is I play zerg
Cereal
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-11-29 20:00:05
November 29 2021 19:20 GMT
#192
I guess a lot of players also stopped playing because of Protoss. Way less anger / impression of wasting your time against skytoss and cheeses, although the new maps seemed to alleviate the proxy issues by a lot
WriterMaru
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12552 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-11-29 19:40:02
November 29 2021 19:33 GMT
#193
And there we have the actual reason for the asisine side quests in this thread, without the obfuscating bullshit: "There is no hope for protoss, but we think it's a good thing, because we hate you."
No will to live, no wish to die
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
November 29 2021 20:00 GMT
#194
No one's talking about the topic because none of the stats support it. Just look at the open cups - 111 wins for protoss. Same as terran, 40 more than zerg.

It's a sample size of 295 tournaments, every week for nearly 2 years. Protoss is fine.

Cereal
Snakestyle11
Profile Joined December 2018
191 Posts
November 29 2021 21:40 GMT
#195
On November 29 2021 01:02 highsis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2021 00:40 Snakestyle11 wrote:
On November 29 2021 00:21 highsis wrote:
For IEM Katowice we have 1 confirmed protoss, 6 terrans and 4 zergs. In top EPT points standings, TRAP is the only protss at top 15. We will likely end up with 1 protoss in the tournament out of 16.

At this point I don't even care if protoss players suck balls and are untalened. Yeah, whatever you talents rhetoric arguers say. I just want more protoss representations at the top levels and protoss buffed to achieve it.



So you want the game to die? Can you imagine what will happen to ladder if they buff protoss even more with no other changes? I know most ppl who watch this game dont play, but damn dude. More protoss buff, and GM will be 60% protoss or more.



SC2 balance has never been focused on ladder, has it? Why should it be specifically balanced at GM? How about masters, diamond, gold, etc? Also at this point the pro scene is pretty much dead if you think 60% GM protoss is bad, IEM has 1 protoss out of 16 and unless protoss wins dreamhack last chance (protoss has been barrent with tier 1 victory for years) that's confirmed.



Do you think a pro scene can survive with 5000 viewers average on twitch for biggest tournament? If the population keeps dying, this is where we are heading. Bad balance on ladder level means more ppl quitting (mostly zergs, terran and protoss will follow when they can only play vs toss). Less ppl playing, means less ppl watching.

I am pretty sure pros would rather have 50 000 viewers watching events with a game balance that cares about ladder players more, than to have 10 000 viewers on a good day for the biggest events.

Money talks, and with low viewer count, the scene wont live as long as you think it would if they only balance for the pros. Right now protoss is making so many ppl quit, and you want them to become even stronger, which is insane. Look at top EU pros, they only play vs toss already. Look at top GM of NA. 1 zerg in top 20, a million toss.

You make this even worse and the game is officially dead. IF you played in masters/GM you would know that.


deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
November 29 2021 22:43 GMT
#196
On November 30 2021 06:40 Snakestyle11 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2021 01:02 highsis wrote:
On November 29 2021 00:40 Snakestyle11 wrote:
On November 29 2021 00:21 highsis wrote:
For IEM Katowice we have 1 confirmed protoss, 6 terrans and 4 zergs. In top EPT points standings, TRAP is the only protss at top 15. We will likely end up with 1 protoss in the tournament out of 16.

At this point I don't even care if protoss players suck balls and are untalened. Yeah, whatever you talents rhetoric arguers say. I just want more protoss representations at the top levels and protoss buffed to achieve it.



So you want the game to die? Can you imagine what will happen to ladder if they buff protoss even more with no other changes? I know most ppl who watch this game dont play, but damn dude. More protoss buff, and GM will be 60% protoss or more.



SC2 balance has never been focused on ladder, has it? Why should it be specifically balanced at GM? How about masters, diamond, gold, etc? Also at this point the pro scene is pretty much dead if you think 60% GM protoss is bad, IEM has 1 protoss out of 16 and unless protoss wins dreamhack last chance (protoss has been barrent with tier 1 victory for years) that's confirmed.



Do you think a pro scene can survive with 5000 viewers average on twitch for biggest tournament? If the population keeps dying, this is where we are heading. Bad balance on ladder level means more ppl quitting (mostly zergs, terran and protoss will follow when they can only play vs toss). Less ppl playing, means less ppl watching.

I am pretty sure pros would rather have 50 000 viewers watching events with a game balance that cares about ladder players more, than to have 10 000 viewers on a good day for the biggest events.

Money talks, and with low viewer count, the scene wont live as long as you think it would if they only balance for the pros. Right now protoss is making so many ppl quit, and you want them to become even stronger, which is insane. Look at top EU pros, they only play vs toss already. Look at top GM of NA. 1 zerg in top 20, a million toss.

You make this even worse and the game is officially dead. IF you played in masters/GM you would know that.



Do you think Blizzard will touch this game and miraculously fixes the issues? Most of the issues has been identified as being design flaws, so my bet is that no matter what they do (and mind you, they said they will not touch this game) other issues arise.
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12552 Posts
November 29 2021 22:49 GMT
#197
On November 30 2021 07:43 deacon.frost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2021 06:40 Snakestyle11 wrote:
On November 29 2021 01:02 highsis wrote:
On November 29 2021 00:40 Snakestyle11 wrote:
On November 29 2021 00:21 highsis wrote:
For IEM Katowice we have 1 confirmed protoss, 6 terrans and 4 zergs. In top EPT points standings, TRAP is the only protss at top 15. We will likely end up with 1 protoss in the tournament out of 16.

At this point I don't even care if protoss players suck balls and are untalened. Yeah, whatever you talents rhetoric arguers say. I just want more protoss representations at the top levels and protoss buffed to achieve it.



So you want the game to die? Can you imagine what will happen to ladder if they buff protoss even more with no other changes? I know most ppl who watch this game dont play, but damn dude. More protoss buff, and GM will be 60% protoss or more.



SC2 balance has never been focused on ladder, has it? Why should it be specifically balanced at GM? How about masters, diamond, gold, etc? Also at this point the pro scene is pretty much dead if you think 60% GM protoss is bad, IEM has 1 protoss out of 16 and unless protoss wins dreamhack last chance (protoss has been barrent with tier 1 victory for years) that's confirmed.



Do you think a pro scene can survive with 5000 viewers average on twitch for biggest tournament? If the population keeps dying, this is where we are heading. Bad balance on ladder level means more ppl quitting (mostly zergs, terran and protoss will follow when they can only play vs toss). Less ppl playing, means less ppl watching.

I am pretty sure pros would rather have 50 000 viewers watching events with a game balance that cares about ladder players more, than to have 10 000 viewers on a good day for the biggest events.

Money talks, and with low viewer count, the scene wont live as long as you think it would if they only balance for the pros. Right now protoss is making so many ppl quit, and you want them to become even stronger, which is insane. Look at top EU pros, they only play vs toss already. Look at top GM of NA. 1 zerg in top 20, a million toss.

You make this even worse and the game is officially dead. IF you played in masters/GM you would know that.



(and mind you, they said they will not touch this game)


Yeah that's another thing that I don't get, isn't it quite obvious that there won't be any more patches? Why are so many people crying about this, you've already won that battle
No will to live, no wish to die
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
November 29 2021 23:07 GMT
#198
Well some pros seemed to hint at another patch, but it’s not sure anything will come at all. It’s not 0% chance though, I guess?
WriterMaru
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12552 Posts
November 29 2021 23:10 GMT
#199
On November 30 2021 08:07 Poopi wrote:
Well some pros seemed to hint at another patch, but it’s not sure anything will come at all. It’s not 0% chance though, I guess?


Oh I missed that, do you have a link or something?
No will to live, no wish to die
Xain0n
Profile Joined November 2018
Italy3963 Posts
November 30 2021 00:01 GMT
#200
At this point it seems clear that Skytoss is hard to beat for Zerg who don't have godlike control of their spellcasters or are capable of executing a Queen Walk perfectly; it is also clear that, at the highest level, Skytoss is far from being dominant and, worse, it looks like the only logical option if you are not capable of taking out the Zerg early.
Lurkers shut down ground options too efficiently it seems.

It would be definitely possible to limit the power of Skytoss, limiting the overrepresantation of Protoss in GM and below, AND make the race more competitive at the highest level by adding some strong high skill ceiling option; Warp Prism's pickup range seemed oppressive for a while but it gave top tier players a way to outmicro their opponents in a way your average Master wouldn't have been able to(it had to be nerfed but Blizzard went too far).
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 46 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta19
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE76
Nina 70
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 182
Dewaltoss 73
Hyuk 63
Noble 26
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm137
League of Legends
Doublelift4137
Counter-Strike
Fnx 729
minikerr3
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King79
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5505
Khaldor741
Other Games
summit1g8141
FrodaN2078
shahzam515
JimRising 319
KnowMe284
C9.Mang0255
ZombieGrub94
ArmadaUGS68
Trikslyr48
PPMD34
CosmosSc2 20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH347
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2784
Other Games
• imaqtpie797
• Shiphtur177
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
11h 15m
Online Event
12h 15m
FEL
17h 15m
AI Arena Tournament
18h 15m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 15m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 13h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.