• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:00
CEST 18:00
KST 01:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7957 users

TLMC #15: Finalists and Voting Phase! - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
88 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Callynn
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands917 Posts
July 09 2021 09:19 GMT
#81
On July 09 2021 01:13 scbroodsc2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2021 23:36 Callynn wrote:
I think this cannot be overstated. Also for new mapmakers, having to abide by all these (hidden) rules makes it a very niche and delicate process to get into, and leaving very little room for real advancements.


This is basicly what I'm trying to point out, how there are so many little rules that basicly restrict how much a mapmaker can imagine wild new maps. I really wish the game to get more and more fun and a bit less "standar" with very thight build and timings. That's my point of view, that is probably not shared with everyone, but that is fine. A bit of both is totally fine, wild maps and standar maps together.


Imagine all Best of Series must have the ace match played on a "wild map" (non-standard).
That would make for some very interesting series
Comparing BW with SCII is like comparing a beautiful three-master sailing ship with a modern battlecruiser. Both are beautiful in their own way, both perform the same task, but they are worlds apart in how they are built and how they are steered.
Pixel452
Profile Joined July 2021
1 Post
July 09 2021 15:28 GMT
#82
I have to say that Scavenger is on a different quality level from the others, it's the only one I really hope I get to play on ladder.

Aqueducts is also well done.

Jacaranda is fine, even if 4 spawning point... nor really sure it my cup of thea

The rest, I went through and exclusion process and I am not sure they are any better than what we already have. Treadmill, I am not sure what the purpose of the fast lane is, doesn't really achieve much, plus the units tend to stick to the borders so the effect is lessen a bit.

I played all of them and I am a bit disappointed by the texture quality, Enchanted Isle seems a 10 years old map.

More deserving maps have been left out of the selection I think, for instance, I really enjoyed Seaside Resort, but it's no where to be seen.

It seems I just complain, by I am super happy by all submissions, some of them are truly beautiful, I just wish there was a way to play more of them even if not on ladder, creating custom games is basically playing with friend or AI.
StarWars1
Profile Joined July 2020
Germany17 Posts
July 09 2021 20:24 GMT
#83
Missed a few games. Cant remember any game on Berlingrad in particular. Where they memorable?
What I have seen mostly solidified my opinion.
Yamatai just keeps delivering cool games. its my favorite now followed my treadmill and aqueducts.
At this point I would also vote for Curious Minds although it feels a bit Terran favored.
The Byun Rogue game on Bullwark was amazing to see why spectators might love 4p maps and players hate them.
Usually I would advocate for the spectator opinion, because pro-Players not willing to adapt feels just lazy. But this is more a thing for the weird freestyle maps. The fun of the 4p maps is just a short one and then it gets frustrating for everyone. Its really a shame we have only one archetype of Multispawn in the tournament.
Fancy middle part of Macro maps still don't do much. Sanguinite sticks out for being best executed not for being special.
I feel like repeating myself, but as long as it pushes the thread I'm happy
qtsha1
Profile Joined August 2019
2 Posts
July 09 2021 21:18 GMT
#84
Thanks for kind words for my map! Much appreciated <3
StarWars1
Profile Joined July 2020
Germany17 Posts
July 09 2021 21:50 GMT
#85
One small detail that I particularly like on Yamatai is the dynamic of the top-left and bottom-right bases during long games.
They are so close and easy to defenend together, that the map is not really split along the symmetry axis.
Might be more of an academic point, but I saw it in the Elazer Showtime game.
Legan
Profile Joined June 2017
Finland597 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-07-12 15:52:11
July 12 2021 15:50 GMT
#86
15 hours before voting ends. Any final thoughts?

Was nice to have some discussion about the maps and not just "voted" messages as in some previous threads. I would have liked if some pros had shared their thoughts here also and not only on their streams.
Creator of Gresvan, Tropical Sacrifice, Taitalika, and Golden Forge
MarianoSC2
Profile Joined June 2015
Slovakia1855 Posts
July 12 2021 17:21 GMT
#87
A difficult vote, I like many of the maps, in the end my top 5 is (not ordered): Yamatai, Berlingrad, Jacaranda, Bulwark and Oblivion.
But many great maps have been left out as well, which is a shame. I would say that a lot of the maps that didnt make the cut were more interesting than some of these.
Top 11: Rogue, Maru, Inno, Zest, Life, sOs, Stats, Dark, soO, Mvp, Classic/Trap/MC/Rain
MayOnFire
Profile Joined March 2021
England47 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-07-12 17:39:06
July 12 2021 17:38 GMT
#88
Good luck, everyone

I really enjoyed the tournament, and especially liked:
Aquaducts
Scavenger
Berlingrad
Treadmill
Yamatai
Curious Minds
Pride of Altaris

And my 4p pick is definitely Jacaranda.

I wish more Agaton's maps could go through, but I'm still quite happy with the finalists.

Not sure if there's gonna be another TLMC anytime soon, but participating was fun. I'm still not sure what went wrong with my other maps, so for the time being I'll reserve myself for making FFA and fun arcade maps and take off my mind of the discussion about judging and imbalance. I appreciate everyone who helped organising TLMC 15!
Ladder Map Pool : Curious Minds, Amphion, Cosmic Sapphire, Royal Blood, Dragon Scales, Hard Lead, Whispers of Gold + four times TLMC finalist, and other sc2 related content // https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/MayOnFire
ZAWGURN
Profile Joined July 2018
96 Posts
July 13 2021 02:37 GMT
#89
Yamatai is a BEAUTIFUL map.
CJ herO #1 fan.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TaKeTV 67
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 12
RotterdaM 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4368
Shuttle 1199
Bisu 1136
Stork 541
BeSt 402
EffOrt 363
Mini 354
actioN 285
Rush 265
Horang2 257
[ Show more ]
hero 134
Mind 131
Light 113
910 88
Yoon 88
Zeus 74
Mong 73
Snow 58
Shinee 54
sorry 53
Sea.KH 48
Barracks 45
JYJ 37
Bale 25
Killer 24
Sexy 24
ToSsGirL 23
Terrorterran 23
HiyA 21
yabsab 15
scan(afreeca) 14
zelot 12
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5592
qojqva2822
Dendi1317
Counter-Strike
fl0m3661
Fnx 710
Other Games
singsing2608
TKL 1018
hiko945
ceh9383
Livibee340
XBOCT289
Hui .219
Beastyqt215
Liquid`VortiX193
XaKoH 151
Trikslyr30
Chillindude15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix13
• iopq 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2790
Other Games
• Shiphtur151
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
7h
Afreeca Starleague
18h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
19h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.