• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:30
CEST 06:30
KST 13:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202612Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8864 users

Avilo banned from ESL and DreamHack - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
214 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
This thread is related to the harassment/abuse thread that was posted earlier last month.

https://tl.net/forum/starcraft-2/560609-harassment-abuse-in-starcraft-2

Spreading misinformation will absolutely not be tolerated. Expect harsh mod actions if you try to incite victim blaming. Be very wary of what you post.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
July 20 2020 19:20 GMT
#21
On July 21 2020 04:17 TelecoM wrote:
I may grab a bag of popcorn for this 41 page Avilo explanation, this has got to be good. I wish someone would read it / summarize it in a video in a humorous way instead. =P

If anyone can make it through all 41 pages (with additional hyperlink sources) they deserve a fucking medal. I’m only on page 1 and my brain is already hurting.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10090 Posts
July 20 2020 19:22 GMT
#22
whos gonna fight for last place now?
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-07-20 19:29:58
July 20 2020 19:25 GMT
#23
On July 21 2020 03:59 Musicus wrote:
Avilo just posted a 41 page google doc eplaining his side and "clearing his name".

No way I will read this, but I guess he has the right to tell his story and maybe someone is interesed.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Scs0t06_FQhf63JJDgiifXjc6EBGhlWAMaXzycPj-bc/edit

A couple years ago, when we were figuring out what to do with Avilo based on other accusations, I bothered to listen to hours and hours of him 'telling his side of the story'- Destiny was trying to talk him down for some reason. Anyways, from that I concluded there is a tendency to imagine relationship where there is none, and when told no he is seemingly incapable of letting go in any sort of healthy manner with constant attempts to circumvent blocked communications, extreme accusations, cyclical patterns of thinking himself as the victim and that there is conspiracy against him. Looked like a very negative, unhealthy paranoid cycle of thinking back then. Doesn't look like things improved. I'm just glad TL was ahead of the curve in cutting him loose. I just hope he can find a path out.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
mikedupp
Profile Joined May 2020
233 Posts
July 20 2020 19:28 GMT
#24
avilo clearly has some form of psychosis. I hope his family gets him help.
AlgeriaT
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden2197 Posts
July 20 2020 19:34 GMT
#25
He's certainly not doing himself a service sharing all those screenshots. If they're actually authentic, what they really prove is that he was recording their interactions, including very private, intimate stuff, even before there were any issues. Complete psychopath behaviour. And probably illegal too.
CORN GIRL + Flash + FanTaSy + CholeraSC + iNcontroL 4 eva <3
Solar424
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
United States4001 Posts
July 20 2020 19:37 GMT
#26
Bye!
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
July 20 2020 19:40 GMT
#27
On July 21 2020 04:17 TelecoM wrote:
I may grab a bag of popcorn for this 41 page Avilo explanation, this has got to be good. I wish someone would read it / summarize it in a video in a humorous way instead. =P

I wait for the movie.


Avilo should have been banned from streaming platforms for some time already. Same applies for SC2 professional.
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
aringadingding
Profile Joined September 2010
481 Posts
July 20 2020 19:41 GMT
#28
Better late than never. Good.
outscar
Profile Joined September 2014
2832 Posts
July 20 2020 19:48 GMT
#29
What does it change? Don't think he's even capable of qualifying for any of them anymore lol.
sunbeams are never made like me...
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
July 20 2020 20:05 GMT
#30
On July 21 2020 04:25 Falling wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2020 03:59 Musicus wrote:
Avilo just posted a 41 page google doc eplaining his side and "clearing his name".

No way I will read this, but I guess he has the right to tell his story and maybe someone is interesed.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Scs0t06_FQhf63JJDgiifXjc6EBGhlWAMaXzycPj-bc/edit

A couple years ago, when we were figuring out what to do with Avilo based on other accusations, I bothered to listen to hours and hours of him 'telling his side of the story'- Destiny was trying to talk him down for some reason. Anyways, from that I concluded there is a tendency to imagine relationship where there is none, and when told no he is seemingly incapable of letting go in any sort of healthy manner with constant attempts to circumvent blocked communications, extreme accusations, cyclical patterns of thinking himself as the victim and that there is conspiracy against him. Looked like a very negative, unhealthy paranoid cycle of thinking back then. Doesn't look like things improved. I'm just glad TL was ahead of the curve in cutting him loose. I just hope he can find a path out.

That must have been exhausting.

I concur, hope he can. Not sure how that happens given how warped his view on reality but I think most people would rather not see a train wreck continue in perpetuity.

As an aside would be nice if ESL had given an actual reason for the ban. I’m assuming quite a lot of people who follow SC2 aren’t particularly au fait with what Avilo’s been up to, seems that way from some of the responses to the Tweet anyway.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
mikedupp
Profile Joined May 2020
233 Posts
July 20 2020 20:25 GMT
#31
"Atira that told me many times that she was near suicide and suffered from depression, initially because of being stuck in her marriage which she told me “felt like a prison at home” but also from what had happened regarding her getting my stream banned and me and her.


Because I cared about her I looked up the SSRI medicine online that she told me she was prescribed called escitalopram or lexapro. I looked up the side effects

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/escitalopram-oral-tablet#important-warnings


A lot of the side effects seemed worse than what the medicine would be trying to help her with, and I told her I was worried about her taking it and that it would turn her into a zombie, or increase her thoughts of suicide since she mentioned to me about suicidal thoughts previously...so yes, I did tell her I was worried and to not take it and I had her best interests at heart when I told her this."

This just makes Avilo look so much worse. Jesus christ he is a monster.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46503 Posts
July 20 2020 20:32 GMT
#32
Good!
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
whiterabbit
Profile Joined June 2009
2675 Posts
July 20 2020 20:48 GMT
#33
Avilo banned from ESL and DreamHack

Ohh noooo competitive scene lost 5k mech terran player, we will need time to recover from this I am sure. Did he ever advance higher than 2nd round in those open cups?
NUTELLA y u no make me skinny?!?
followZeRoX
Profile Joined March 2011
Serbia1451 Posts
July 20 2020 21:11 GMT
#34
If I lived in USA I would crack his arms honestly. What an imbecile... Hope this girl wont have traumas from him. He should be banned from all competitions.
zalem95
Profile Joined January 2011
Peru187 Posts
July 20 2020 21:18 GMT
#35
I've seen this guy Avilo play since 2011 and I quickly realize that he got serious mental problems is a shock that no one in his family or close friends have told him to seek guidance or mental help... its sad though.
nothing special
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17916 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-07-20 21:32:58
July 20 2020 21:31 GMT
#36
On July 21 2020 06:18 zalem95 wrote:
I've seen this guy Avilo play since 2011 and I quickly realize that he got serious mental problems is a shock that no one in his family or close friends have told him to seek guidance or mental help... its sad though.

For the record, over the past 10+ years Avilo has on occasion flamed me on both GR.Org and on TL.Net.
On July 21 2020 02:02 Wombat_NI wrote:
Took a while, rather bloody overdue

Avilo is a borderline case. I strongly prefer how TL dealt with him on here and I'm glad it took a while for him to get banned on here. I prefer to live in a tolerant community that gives people who misbehave in minor ways several additional chances.

Avilo was given several chances.. he ran out of them... now he is gone.

Fair treatment for behaviour misconduct is never perfect ... at best it can be approximately correct. I think Dreamhack, TL , and ESL dealt with Avilo as close to correct as one can hope.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Warcloud
Profile Joined May 2010
United States97 Posts
July 20 2020 21:34 GMT
#37
This post is proof that being toxic makes you more popular than being a good starcraft player.
ilikeredheads
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada1995 Posts
July 20 2020 22:34 GMT
#38
he has some serious mental problems. Not only is he an toxic personality, but he has a history of harassment and mental breakdowns. This guy has trouble taking rejection from women and seems to lash out at them. Even before Atira, there was Maria. He thought he was in a relationship with her even though he only met her online, and when given a reality check he went on a emotional rampage.
AzAlexZ
Profile Joined September 2016
Australia3303 Posts
July 20 2020 22:45 GMT
#39
On July 21 2020 03:59 Musicus wrote:
Avilo just posted a 41 page google doc explaining his side and "clearing his name".

No way I will read this, but I guess he has the right to tell his story and maybe someone is interested.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Scs0t06_FQhf63JJDgiifXjc6EBGhlWAMaXzycPj-bc/edit

After reading the first 11 pages I am done. He posted so much of his kinky conversations on Discord with Atira, it's honestly unsettling.
Apparently Avilo claims that he never forced Atira to do anything that was non-consensual, and judging by the discord provided, it seems he is believable.
but 11 pages is quite enough, I have a headache now
Faker is the GOAT!
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-07-20 22:51:51
July 20 2020 22:51 GMT
#40
all I remember of him was some rant about how he went for some build and his opponent had found out he was going to do it so he basically ragequit the series.


Does ESL need to give any explanation for the ban? (actual reasons are obvious just wondering if there's any potential consequences of them not giving an official reason. I know in the US with sports leagues there's all sorts of anti trust and agreements with the players that cause issues see Ray Rice for example).
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 178
ProTech141
Nina 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2993
Shuttle 1561
Sharp 117
Dewaltoss 81
Mong 37
Noble 11
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm188
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox648
Other Games
summit1g7690
WinterStarcraft521
C9.Mang0288
Sick124
ViBE120
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 33
• StrangeGG 16
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota259
League of Legends
• Lourlo824
• Stunt316
Other Games
• Shiphtur495
Upcoming Events
OSC
18h 30m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 5h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.