• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:26
CEST 21:26
KST 04:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8943 users

Avilo banned from ESL and DreamHack - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
214 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
This thread is related to the harassment/abuse thread that was posted earlier last month.

https://tl.net/forum/starcraft-2/560609-harassment-abuse-in-starcraft-2

Spreading misinformation will absolutely not be tolerated. Expect harsh mod actions if you try to incite victim blaming. Be very wary of what you post.
jimminy_kriket
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Canada5542 Posts
July 20 2020 23:06 GMT
#41
Theres currently someone named atira signed up for the ESL NA cup. Who wants to bet that it is avilo?
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
KappaKingPrime
Profile Joined May 2014
United States468 Posts
July 20 2020 23:10 GMT
#42
On July 21 2020 08:06 jimminy_kriket wrote:
Theres currently someone named atira signed up for the ESL NA cup. Who wants to bet that it is avilo?

That's actually her: twitch.tv/atira
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27451 Posts
July 20 2020 23:18 GMT
#43
On July 21 2020 06:31 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2020 06:18 zalem95 wrote:
I've seen this guy Avilo play since 2011 and I quickly realize that he got serious mental problems is a shock that no one in his family or close friends have told him to seek guidance or mental help... its sad though.

For the record, over the past 10+ years Avilo has on occasion flamed me on both GR.Org and on TL.Net.
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2020 02:02 Wombat_NI wrote:
Took a while, rather bloody overdue

Avilo is a borderline case. I strongly prefer how TL dealt with him on here and I'm glad it took a while for him to get banned on here. I prefer to live in a tolerant community that gives people who misbehave in minor ways several additional chances.

Avilo was given several chances.. he ran out of them... now he is gone.

Fair treatment for behaviour misconduct is never perfect ... at best it can be approximately correct. I think Dreamhack, TL , and ESL dealt with Avilo as close to correct as one can hope.

I do like TL’s general approach to redemption for sure.

I wouldn’t consider Avilo as remotely borderline at this point though. Every time he gets a ban from one platform or another he gets actively worse.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
jimminy_kriket
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Canada5542 Posts
July 20 2020 23:21 GMT
#44
On July 21 2020 08:10 KappaKingPrime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2020 08:06 jimminy_kriket wrote:
Theres currently someone named atira signed up for the ESL NA cup. Who wants to bet that it is avilo?

That's actually her: twitch.tv/atira

oh I didn't know she actively played. Good to know, seemed like a total avilo thing to do though.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
ProtossTears
Profile Joined July 2020
3 Posts
July 20 2020 23:36 GMT
#45
Good. Dude needs to get therapy
“Winning is what I do” - David Moyes
MinixTheNerd
Profile Joined July 2019
200 Posts
July 21 2020 02:33 GMT
#46
better late than never i suppose
col_jung
Profile Joined October 2017
139 Posts
July 21 2020 02:43 GMT
#47
On July 21 2020 03:59 Musicus wrote:
Avilo just posted a 41 page google doc eplaining his side and "clearing his name".

No way I will read this, but I guess he has the right to tell his story and maybe someone is interesed.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Scs0t06_FQhf63JJDgiifXjc6EBGhlWAMaXzycPj-bc/edit


Thanks for posting this. I just read Atira's post and was immediately curious if Avilo had made a reply.

I believe it's important to have both sides of the story before commenting.
jimminy_kriket
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Canada5542 Posts
July 21 2020 02:53 GMT
#48
Have fun reading 41 pages of insanity, complete with hundreds of screenshots of private discord conversations.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
ProTech
Profile Joined November 2010
United States497 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-07-21 03:04:35
July 21 2020 02:54 GMT
#49
While I don't think Avilo is all there psychologically, that 41 page thesis about what happened does look rather compelling and makes you wonder if this was just a stunt from atira to gain followers/subs/donators.

I don't quite know how you would confirm the validity of the screenshots but either way, I don't really think Avilo has much to lose at this point, and as far as I know all the criminal charges were dropped in his case.

I think it's about time people start looking at the other side of the story, rather than incriminating him because you simply don't like him.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27451 Posts
July 21 2020 03:13 GMT
#50
On July 21 2020 11:54 ProTech wrote:
While I don't think Avilo is all there psychologically, that 41 page thesis about what happened does look rather compelling and makes you wonder if this was just a stunt from atira to gain followers/subs/donators.

I don't quite know how you would confirm the validity of the screenshots but either way, I don't really think Avilo has much to lose at this point, and as far as I know all the criminal charges were dropped in his case.

I think it's about time people start looking at the other side of the story, rather than incriminating him because you simply don't like him.

Compelling how?

The way he frames things, not to mention the whole 41 pages of rambling and dumping private stuff out there isn’t a defence so much as a validation of the charges.

If I was some arbiter, who knew nothing of either party and Atira came in alleging harassment, I asked Avilo for his counter and he presented that document I’d just grant her the restraining order immediately.

Your bar for believing accusations of harassment seems to be orders of magnitude beyond your bar for believing someone is maphacking.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
KappaKingPrime
Profile Joined May 2014
United States468 Posts
July 21 2020 03:27 GMT
#51
On July 21 2020 04:17 TelecoM wrote:
I may grab a bag of popcorn for this 41 page Avilo explanation, this has got to be good. I wish someone would read it / summarize it in a video in a humorous way instead. =P

mikedupp
Profile Joined May 2020
233 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-07-21 03:38:04
July 21 2020 03:37 GMT
#52
On July 21 2020 11:54 ProTech wrote:
While I don't think Avilo is all there psychologically, that 41 page thesis about what happened does look rather compelling and makes you wonder if this was just a stunt from atira to gain followers/subs/donators.

I don't quite know how you would confirm the validity of the screenshots but either way, I don't really think Avilo has much to lose at this point, and as far as I know all the criminal charges were dropped in his case.

I think it's about time people start looking at the other side of the story, rather than incriminating him because you simply don't like him.



she gets like 80-150 viewers before and after this madness. why don't you look up her viewer statistics before making this incredibly ignorant post.


the only part of the story I care about is atira saying "no" and "stop".

DeepElemBlues
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5080 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-07-21 04:18:09
July 21 2020 04:01 GMT
#53
atira isn't the one who couldn't disengage and cavalierly plunged into insane e-drama again and again and again. ESL and Dreamhack and whoever else aren't obligated to associate themselves with a person that causes so much turmoil through his lack of control over himself and he may think in his mind that this shows him a victim but it's just more of the same. His perspective is the only one that matters, atira's repeated expressions of discomfort and attempts to get away don't matter because she just didn't see how it was the right and proper thing to do to cling back as hard as avilo clung to her. She didn't see her obligation to him was boundless. This is resentment born of narcissism and another attempt to control. His response is always to manipulate by claiming victimhood. With those he doesn't have a hold over it's whining I am the one put upon you should be on my side, with those women that he wormed his way close to it's the abusive domineering along with the whining. Good riddance to him.

Doctor avilo telling people to stop taking their medication because Doctor avilo's deviant needs are supreme. Those kinds of medicines can have seriously bad effects when not taken the way a doctor instructs you to take them, which includes just stopping out of nowhere because deeply troubled e-guy tells you to. (I don't know if atira did stop taking her PRESCRIPTION MEDICINE PRESCRIBED BY A REAL DOCTOR, I hope she didn't unless at a real doctor's direction.)
no place i'd rather be than the satellite of love
I wasbanned fromthis
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
113 Posts
July 21 2020 04:17 GMT
#54
Hope your tooth gets better. keep flossin
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-07-21 05:01:58
July 21 2020 04:47 GMT
#55
On July 21 2020 12:13 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2020 11:54 ProTech wrote:
While I don't think Avilo is all there psychologically, that 41 page thesis about what happened does look rather compelling and makes you wonder if this was just a stunt from atira to gain followers/subs/donators.

I don't quite know how you would confirm the validity of the screenshots but either way, I don't really think Avilo has much to lose at this point, and as far as I know all the criminal charges were dropped in his case.

I think it's about time people start looking at the other side of the story, rather than incriminating him because you simply don't like him.

Compelling how?

The way he frames things, not to mention the whole 41 pages of rambling and dumping private stuff out there isn’t a defence so much as a validation of the charges.

If I was some arbiter, who knew nothing of either party and Atira came in alleging harassment, I asked Avilo for his counter and he presented that document I’d just grant her the restraining order immediately.

Your bar for believing accusations of harassment seems to be orders of magnitude beyond your bar for believing someone is maphacking.

Not to mention, the guy's got a track record.
Like ilikeredheads was saying before Atira was Maria (though not in exactly the same way). I watched 3 hours and 40 minutes as Destiny tried to talk him down. Three hours and forty minutes that I will never get back on his 'proofs' (mostly claims that he had them, but wouldn't show) and cyclical argumentation back then. In that case, he was utilizing as evidence some reddit account that was supposed to be Maria's... she didn't even use reddit. He also had made up screenshots (or at least screenshots of things she never said- at best he was trolled by someone pretending to be Maria. At worst he faked them himself.) Point is- he's had very bad 'evidence' in the past.

In that case, Maria asked many times for him to stop- the guy can't take no for an answer. Kept claiming she was being manipulated by others (that paranoid, conspiratorial mindset). As far as I can tell, incapable of admitting fault for any length of time (at best a temporary admittance, loop back into more accusations of conspiracy and his own victim hood.) He's not in a good state and writing a 40 pages is pretty good evidence that he's not in a good state.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
MockHamill
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden1798 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-07-21 05:12:50
July 21 2020 05:02 GMT
#56
I feel sorry för Avilo. I always thougt he was an excentric but entertaining streamer.

But he cleary has mental problems. I hope he gets professional help.

In a way he reminds me of Trump. An entertainer unable to see his own mental problems, instead always blaiming someone else.
RandomPlayer416
Profile Joined January 2019
84 Posts
July 21 2020 05:15 GMT
#57
Okay I'm not sticking up for Avilo, he clearly has issues and his idea of a relationship between 2 people is pretty wacked out. But this girl is to blame as well. If you look at the screen shots Avilo posted, clearly she was playing with him or leading him on. Maybe not to a regular person but to someone as weird as Avilo, he would cling to the things she says and cherish the thought of fooling around with a woman.

This girl saying her mental health was deteriorating?? I call BS on that. Blocking someone takes literally 1 second on any platform. The fact she couldnt find a way to get this parasite out of her life is on her 100%.
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18759 Posts
July 21 2020 05:55 GMT
#58
On July 21 2020 14:15 RandomPlayer416 wrote:
Okay I'm not sticking up for Avilo, he clearly has issues and his idea of a relationship between 2 people is pretty wacked out. But this girl is to blame as well. If you look at the screen shots Avilo posted, clearly she was playing with him or leading him on. Maybe not to a regular person but to someone as weird as Avilo, he would cling to the things she says and cherish the thought of fooling around with a woman.

This girl saying her mental health was deteriorating?? I call BS on that. Blocking someone takes literally 1 second on any platform. The fact she couldnt find a way to get this parasite out of her life is on her 100%.


These kinds of drama you usually find the truth in between both. Pretty sure Atira lied about things (I only looked at a few screenshots but this is far from being a total victim) but this doesn't excuse Avilo's behaviour.
h20Fanatic
Profile Joined July 2020
22 Posts
July 21 2020 05:59 GMT
#59
I think they are both crazy.
"He used to fly airlines, but it was agitating him spiritually. He had become famous and they were wanting him to pray for them and all that. This dope filled world. You get in an airplane, you get in a long tube with a bunch of demons. And it's deadly."
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10864 Posts
July 21 2020 06:25 GMT
#60
On July 21 2020 14:02 MockHamill wrote:

In a way he reminds me of Trump.



/thread
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason62
BRAT_OK 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22127
Mini 381
Dewaltoss 148
Hyuk 147
firebathero 115
ggaemo 89
ZZZero.O 55
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7686
febbydoto22
League of Legends
Doublelift889
Counter-Strike
fl0m961
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4201
Khaldor1445
crisheroes964
Liquid`Hasu758
Other Games
FrodaN2317
summit1g2061
Beastyqt922
mouzStarbuck326
KnowMe306
ArmadaUGS128
Mew2King56
Trikslyr35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1103
BasetradeTV161
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 100
• StrangeGG 49
• Adnapsc2 23
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 47
• 80smullet 19
• Azhi_Dahaki13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8075
• WagamamaTV424
Other Games
• imaqtpie823
• Shiphtur258
• tFFMrPink 14
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 34m
INu's Battles
16h 34m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 34m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 34m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.