• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:03
CEST 19:03
KST 02:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9255 users

New Mountains to Climb: soO's 2018 Journey Begins - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
46 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Mun_Su
Profile Joined December 2012
France2063 Posts
January 15 2018 20:47 GMT
#21
On January 16 2018 05:33 Mizenhauer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2018 05:13 pvsnp wrote:
I'm not a soO fan and can't say I was sad to watch him lose in 2014. But seeing it happen all over again in 2017 was kind of painful, even for a detached observer.

I may not be a fan, but I will still cheer for him to break his curse and finally lift a GSL trophy. Nobody with a heart could do any less. Though until that happens, I reserve the right to meme about his second places.

Great writing as usual, Mizenhauer. Though I gotta say, the frequency of these soO articles is a bit.....blatant.


I have written a fair number of articles about soO, but I think you'd be shocked to know the other player I've written about the most. Note: I'll be excluding previews from GSL Season 1 because that system was scrapped and the topic was forced rather than chosen.

By my count, I wrote four articles about soO in 2017 (VSL Preview/Eo Yun Soo/BlizzCon/Weekly Focus). Two others were written as GSL final previews by other people. I wrote three articles about Inno during the same time period (VSL Preview/GSL S3 Preview/Weekly Focus). Two more articles were written for BlizzCon and SSL Season 1 by other writers. There was just an Inno/Maru article and now a soO article. So the two are pretty even on how frequently they've been covered in my tenure. It's not my fault soO's story, and by extension the articles about him, are more interesting and stick out so much more than other players in the scene like INnoVation.



In that case these articles, while good to read, feel a little bit redundant. Articles about INno (or better, his interviews) are by far the best

Also the INno / Maru article was just a way for you to put some shine on a missing player while putting some salt on Innovation.
INno <3 - TY - Maru - Taeja - Rain <3 - Classic <3 - Stephano <3 - soO <3 - Soulkey - Dark - SERRAL =O / END REGION LOCK
pvsnp
Profile Joined January 2017
7676 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-15 20:58:23
January 15 2018 20:55 GMT
#22
On January 16 2018 05:33 Mizenhauer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2018 05:13 pvsnp wrote:
I'm not a soO fan and can't say I was sad to watch him lose in 2014. But seeing it happen all over again in 2017 was kind of painful, even for a detached observer.

I may not be a fan, but I will still cheer for him to break his curse and finally lift a GSL trophy. Nobody with a heart could do any less. Though until that happens, I reserve the right to meme about his second places.

Great writing as usual, Mizenhauer. Though I gotta say, the frequency of these soO articles is a bit.....blatant.


I have written a fair number of articles about soO, but I think you'd be shocked to know the other player I've written about the most. Note: I'll be excluding previews from GSL Season 1 because that system was scrapped and the topic was forced rather than chosen.

By my count, I wrote four articles about soO in 2017 (VSL Preview/Eo Yun Soo/BlizzCon/Weekly Focus). Two others were written as GSL final previews by other people. I wrote three articles about Inno during the same time period (VSL Preview/GSL S3 Preview/Weekly Focus). Two more articles were written for BlizzCon and SSL Season 1 by other writers. There was just an Inno/Maru article and now a soO article. So the two are pretty even on how frequently they've been covered in my tenure. It's not my fault soO's story, and by extension the articles about him, are more interesting and stick out so much more than other players in the scene like INnoVation.

That's not what I meant. Since finals previews are, well, finals previews, you obviously don't control who the subject is. I was referring instead to the articles that focus on particular players, like the one about soO, or Dear, or Classic, or Rogue.

IIRC this is the third such article about soO (Eo Yun Soo, Sisyphus, and now this), whereas everyone else has only had one at most.
Denominator of the Universe
TL+ Member
Mizenhauer
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
United States1967 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-15 21:00:25
January 15 2018 20:58 GMT
#23
On January 16 2018 05:55 pvsnp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2018 05:33 Mizenhauer wrote:
On January 16 2018 05:13 pvsnp wrote:
I'm not a soO fan and can't say I was sad to watch him lose in 2014. But seeing it happen all over again in 2017 was kind of painful, even for a detached observer.

I may not be a fan, but I will still cheer for him to break his curse and finally lift a GSL trophy. Nobody with a heart could do any less. Though until that happens, I reserve the right to meme about his second places.

Great writing as usual, Mizenhauer. Though I gotta say, the frequency of these soO articles is a bit.....blatant.


I have written a fair number of articles about soO, but I think you'd be shocked to know the other player I've written about the most. Note: I'll be excluding previews from GSL Season 1 because that system was scrapped and the topic was forced rather than chosen.

By my count, I wrote four articles about soO in 2017 (VSL Preview/Eo Yun Soo/BlizzCon/Weekly Focus). Two others were written as GSL final previews by other people. I wrote three articles about Inno during the same time period (VSL Preview/GSL S3 Preview/Weekly Focus). Two more articles were written for BlizzCon and SSL Season 1 by other writers. There was just an Inno/Maru article and now a soO article. So the two are pretty even on how frequently they've been covered in my tenure. It's not my fault soO's story, and by extension the articles about him, are more interesting and stick out so much more than other players in the scene like INnoVation.

That's not what I meant. Since finals previews are, well, finals previews, you obviously don't control who the subject is. I was referring instead to the articles that focus on particular players, like the one about soO, or Dear, or Classic, or Rogue.

IIRC this is the third such article about soO (Eo Yun soO, Sisyphus, and now this), whereas everyone else has only had one at most.


soO agrees to work with us and other pros haven't. Tweet at your favorite player and ask them to do the same and you might get the article you so desire.

If stuff like this is something people want to talk about, I can write a blog post explaining why I write what I write, but I'm not responding in this thread anymore because I think it distracts from the piece.
┗|∵|┓Second Place in LB 28, Third Place in LB 29 and Destined to Be a Kong
pvsnp
Profile Joined January 2017
7676 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-15 20:59:03
January 15 2018 20:58 GMT
#24
On January 16 2018 05:58 Mizenhauer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2018 05:55 pvsnp wrote:
On January 16 2018 05:33 Mizenhauer wrote:
On January 16 2018 05:13 pvsnp wrote:
I'm not a soO fan and can't say I was sad to watch him lose in 2014. But seeing it happen all over again in 2017 was kind of painful, even for a detached observer.

I may not be a fan, but I will still cheer for him to break his curse and finally lift a GSL trophy. Nobody with a heart could do any less. Though until that happens, I reserve the right to meme about his second places.

Great writing as usual, Mizenhauer. Though I gotta say, the frequency of these soO articles is a bit.....blatant.


I have written a fair number of articles about soO, but I think you'd be shocked to know the other player I've written about the most. Note: I'll be excluding previews from GSL Season 1 because that system was scrapped and the topic was forced rather than chosen.

By my count, I wrote four articles about soO in 2017 (VSL Preview/Eo Yun Soo/BlizzCon/Weekly Focus). Two others were written as GSL final previews by other people. I wrote three articles about Inno during the same time period (VSL Preview/GSL S3 Preview/Weekly Focus). Two more articles were written for BlizzCon and SSL Season 1 by other writers. There was just an Inno/Maru article and now a soO article. So the two are pretty even on how frequently they've been covered in my tenure. It's not my fault soO's story, and by extension the articles about him, are more interesting and stick out so much more than other players in the scene like INnoVation.

That's not what I meant. Since finals previews are, well, finals previews, you obviously don't control who the subject is. I was referring instead to the articles that focus on particular players, like the one about soO, or Dear, or Classic, or Rogue.

IIRC this is the third such article about soO (Eo Yun soO, Sisyphus, and now this), whereas everyone else has only had one at most.


soO agrees to work with us and other pros haven't. Tweet at your favorite player and ask them to do the same and you might get the article you so desire.

It wasn't criticism. You're free to write whatever you please, obviously, and I appreciate everything you put out. It was just an observation that you like writing about your favorite player (shocker, I know).

Sorry if it came off differently.
Denominator of the Universe
TL+ Member
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
January 15 2018 21:21 GMT
#25
I've not read it yet but it's cool to have another article about soO.
However he won't ever win a starleague.
As a MKP fan it's cool to see another player take the Kong Line tho
WriterMaru
zealotstim
Profile Joined February 2015
United States455 Posts
January 15 2018 21:40 GMT
#26
soO has already repaid us with his dedication, great gamers, and fighting spirit.
fishjie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1519 Posts
January 15 2018 21:46 GMT
#27
soo is the best he is a true hero, rogue is a pretender hope he fails miserably and crumbles like sniper

what a jerk

User was warned for this post
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-15 21:48:50
January 15 2018 21:48 GMT
#28
On January 16 2018 06:46 fishjie wrote:
soo is the best he is a true hero, rogue is a pretender hope he fails miserably and crumbles like sniper

what a jerk

Mizenhauer alt?
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
argonautdice
Profile Joined January 2013
Canada2722 Posts
January 15 2018 23:03 GMT
#29
I believe soO got a hex put on him by the one he defeated at the final of 2012 MLG vs Proleague Invitational to win $10k in first place. That man's name? The Wizard of Oz.
very illegal and very uncool
Argonauta
Profile Joined July 2016
Spain4967 Posts
January 15 2018 23:12 GMT
#30
As am easy manipulable person, Can somebody take away the blizzcon trophey from rogue, kick him in the ass and give it to soO?
Rogue | Maru | Scarlett | Trap
TL+ Member
Shuffleblade
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden1903 Posts
January 15 2018 23:52 GMT
#31
Really liked the article, thanks for this.
Maru, Bomber, TY, Dear, Classic, DeParture and Rogue!
Taco87
Profile Joined February 2012
Norway72 Posts
January 16 2018 00:48 GMT
#32
Lets hope for a first place this year! :D
fishjie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1519 Posts
January 16 2018 02:03 GMT
#33
On January 16 2018 06:48 GumBa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2018 06:46 fishjie wrote:
soo is the best he is a true hero, rogue is a pretender hope he fails miserably and crumbles like sniper

what a jerk

Mizenhauer alt?


NO. and boooom rogue got REKT by scarlett. EXCELLENT!!!!!!
Nakajin
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
Canada8991 Posts
January 16 2018 02:05 GMT
#34
On January 16 2018 06:46 fishjie wrote:
soo is the best he is a true hero, rogue is a pretender hope he fails miserably and crumbles like sniper

what a jerk


Why is he a jerk?
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/9p6ufcB.jpg
EEk1TwEEk
Profile Joined June 2017
Russian Federation193 Posts
January 16 2018 14:12 GMT
#35
We all respect soO, but there's too much articles about him. Mizenhauer is clearly his fan
This man suffers from a bad heart, but I have plenty of medicine.
FrkFrJss
Profile Joined April 2015
Canada1208 Posts
January 16 2018 14:51 GMT
#36
On January 16 2018 05:13 pvsnp wrote:
I'm not a soO fan and can't say I was sad to watch him lose in 2014. But seeing it happen all over again in 2017 was kind of painful, even for a detached observer.

I may not be a fan, but I will still cheer for him to break his curse and finally lift a GSL trophy. Nobody with a heart could do any less. Though until that happens, I reserve the right to meme about his second places.

Great writing as usual, Mizenhauer. Though I gotta say, the frequency of these soO articles is a bit.....blatant.


I wholeheartedly agree with this. I will admit that I've cheered against him on every final he's faced against a Protoss....which has been like all of them except sOs and herO.

But his reaction every time he loses in a finals is heartbreaking. And just like foreigners tend to "go full foreigner," soO goes full soO in the finals. During Blizzcon, you could visibly see when his spirit began to wane.

I don't know if I'd cheer for him in a Blizzcon finals, but it is his time to hoist a GSL trophy.
"Keep Moving Forward" - Walt Disney
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-16 18:41:48
January 16 2018 18:40 GMT
#37
Kudos to all the people who keep cheering him on. It's obviously hardest on soo, but I know how hard it is to see your favorite come so close time and time again only to fail. Being a Jaedong fan in 2013 was super hard, and it seems like soO will go down in history as the player with the most 2nd places ever.
Gotta respect the guy for continuing onwards. A lot of people would have broken down at this point, but it seems like he never gives up. I really hope he'll eventually win a GSL or a blizzcon. But there will always be these kind of players. They look like gods time and time again, yet they never get the championship they deserve. Every eSport has these kind of players, but soO truly is the king of kongs.
I'd love to see an interview with Yellow about soO. It must be hard to see others suffer the same fate as you have.
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
January 16 2018 18:45 GMT
#38
On January 16 2018 23:12 EEk1TwEEk wrote:
We all respect soO, but there's too much articles about him. Mizenhauer is clearly his fan

You're not forced to read them.
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
January 16 2018 20:24 GMT
#39
Great read.

In case you would have the way to reach out sOs - drunk him and then ask him whether he's really that insane or good! I need to know the truth.

So far I am satisfied with him being insanely good
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
January 16 2018 20:29 GMT
#40
Do you really believe it's even possible for him to win after so many 2nd places ?
Is there a guy in professionnal sport that always got 2nd but managed to finally win?
WriterMaru
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem438
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 438
IndyStarCraft 194
Railgan 68
BRAT_OK 40
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24366
Shuttle 2396
BeSt 469
Larva 377
Soma 165
Mind 162
Dewaltoss 110
Last 86
Sexy 68
hero 66
[ Show more ]
Sea.KH 54
Zeus 52
Hyun 44
Killer 39
ToSsGirL 25
NaDa 23
Bale 20
Rock 18
PianO 18
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5255
qojqva2890
Dendi1272
420jenkins438
Counter-Strike
fl0m4128
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3661
Khaldor1322
Liquid`Hasu1059
MindelVK13
Other Games
FrodaN2090
singsing1825
byalli934
B2W.Neo818
ArmadaUGS190
Hui .169
KnowMe134
QueenE93
Mew2King56
CosmosSc2 27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1061
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 24
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 44
• FirePhoenix2
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3981
League of Legends
• Nemesis2749
Other Games
• Shiphtur287
• WagamamaTV234
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 57m
Replay Cast
5h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 57m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
17h 57m
Monday Night Weeklies
22h 57m
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 17h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.