• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:15
CEST 04:15
KST 11:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9625 users

Community Update - September 21 - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
145 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
prabuty
Profile Joined October 2016
Poland26 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-22 06:32:13
September 22 2017 06:31 GMT
#61
As a protoss player, I don't like those intended changes at all. The statement that with the MSC removal protoss scouting ability is reduced a bit makes no sense to me. Where in 2017 you saw any pro protoss scouting with MSC? Even if you move it away from your nexus in your main to scout the perimeter, there are very good chances that adepts will shade in and decimate your mineral line, so this premise can be made by someone who doesn't really play the game. Adepts were pain in the ass for so many races soon after LOTV was released so they got nerfed properly, but it looks like we are getting back to something that we were already through. Returning energy to nexi is also stupid as fuck as it makes toss macro even harder as, in addition to firewarping your units, you need to be constantly looking at the minimap if (mine)(doom) drops are coming, and on top of that, you also need to cast retarded chronoboosts that is a mundane task and was removed with the HOTS proper demise. Nerfing blink was another reason to make the game more attractive as expanding in PvP became significantly easier, but now it will be impossible with buffed stalkers so we are getting back to 2013-15 with 1 base PvP play that is terrible. Do you really want to watch some PvP finals with blink wars again? The memory of me leaving the IEM Katowice 2015 venue so that I didn't have to watch Zest punishing some protoss who wanted to expand with his blink play is still fresh...
hiroshOne
Profile Joined October 2015
Poland425 Posts
September 22 2017 06:33 GMT
#62
"I think that would definitely be healthy for zergs endgame."

No it wouldn't.
Ultima Ratio Regum
MockHamill
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden1798 Posts
September 22 2017 07:02 GMT
#63
Balance whining is more effective than a good strategy. A good strategy may win you a single match but a good balance whine will win you the game.
DieuCure
Profile Joined January 2017
France3713 Posts
September 22 2017 07:06 GMT
#64
Protoss players will have to learn multitask without the easy defense behind

I can't wait to see them panic
TL+ Member
zyce
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States649 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-22 07:43:43
September 22 2017 07:07 GMT
#65
So it's just a shield. Not a battery.

Edit: To be more constructive - they should set the energy max to 150 at least, maybe make it larger.
Beauty is not the goal of competitive sports, but high-level sports are a prime venue for the expression of human beauty. The relation is roughly that of courage to war.
Couguar
Profile Joined April 2010
Russian Federation54 Posts
September 22 2017 07:10 GMT
#66
On September 22 2017 16:06 DieuCure wrote:
Protoss players will have to learn multitask without the easy defense behind

I can't wait to see them panic


terrans and zerg will have to remember how to counter random timing warp-in pushes with 100% boosted gateways. GL
ThunderJunk
Profile Joined December 2015
United States741 Posts
September 22 2017 07:26 GMT
#67
On September 22 2017 07:01 highsis wrote:
I hate oracle changes. It's been only like weeks since Classic first showed mass oracle strategy, which had never even been dominant, and it's already getting nerfed? It was an interesting strategy to watch.


I mostly agree.

I am OKAY with everything except for the stasis wards duration imposition. Being able to have lots of stasis wards everywhere until they catch units or get killed was really nice. It was one of my favorite things about Protoss.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
DieuCure
Profile Joined January 2017
France3713 Posts
September 22 2017 07:35 GMT
#68
But for real, all we are all waiting for is the tankivac return right ?
TL+ Member
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
September 22 2017 07:36 GMT
#69
On September 22 2017 16:35 DieuCure wrote:
But for real, all we are all waiting for is the tankivac return right ?

No, never
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3550 Posts
September 22 2017 07:55 GMT
#70
On September 22 2017 16:06 DieuCure wrote:
Protoss players will have to learn multitask without the easy defense behind

I can't wait to see them panic

Finally us Protoss f2'ers will have our time to shine. Not losing the MsCore every 4 min will prove to be an incredible boon to our economy.
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
DieuCure
Profile Joined January 2017
France3713 Posts
September 22 2017 07:59 GMT
#71
Now they should change WP mechanic, we saw it with MajOr, it's a little bit too much in late game, why not a limit
TL+ Member
seemsgood
Profile Joined January 2016
5527 Posts
September 22 2017 08:11 GMT
#72
I have no problem about 25 mineral/25 gas mule.Tell me how the fuck could terran play turtle when ravens got redesigned ????? Hope blizz will revisit gas mule again soon.
yht9657
Profile Joined December 2016
1810 Posts
September 22 2017 08:25 GMT
#73
I have a feeling that after these changes come into effect there's gonna be another drop in the number of Protoss on ladder, since not everyone is willing to study new openings and timings from scratch.
prabuty
Profile Joined October 2016
Poland26 Posts
September 22 2017 08:42 GMT
#74
On September 22 2017 17:25 yht9657 wrote:
I have a feeling that after these changes come into effect there's gonna be another drop in the number of Protoss on ladder, since not everyone is willing to study new openings and timings from scratch.


Exactly that.
DieuCure
Profile Joined January 2017
France3713 Posts
September 22 2017 09:26 GMT
#75
On September 22 2017 17:25 yht9657 wrote:
I have a feeling that after these changes come into effect there's gonna be another drop in the number of Protoss on ladder, since not everyone is willing to study new openings and timings from scratch.



In hots most of the protoss was protoss because of overpowered allins, so when lotv came out and the allins got weaker, they switched to a funnier race for them.

But since most of the protoss are protoss because they find it funny, I don't know why they would switch.

Nobody stopped terran after tankivac change for example, and it was a bigger deal than msc ( you don't have that much to learn from msc, but tankivac micro position timings etc , yes ).
TL+ Member
VHbb
Profile Joined October 2014
692 Posts
September 22 2017 09:39 GMT
#76
On September 22 2017 18:26 DieuCure wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2017 17:25 yht9657 wrote:
I have a feeling that after these changes come into effect there's gonna be another drop in the number of Protoss on ladder, since not everyone is willing to study new openings and timings from scratch.



In hots most of the protoss was protoss because of overpowered allins, so when lotv came out and the allins got weaker, they switched to a funnier race for them.


are there data on this, or is it your speculation?
My life for Aiur !
DBooN
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany2727 Posts
September 22 2017 09:57 GMT
#77
All these changes seem sensible to me, though I'm not sure if leaving Hydra-Ling-Bane untouched is gonna work out well.

If the Hydra needs a nerf however, I think they shouldn't revert the HP buff and instead lower their DPS, since they never really worked as hyper glass cannon unit.
Also maybe Banes and Immortals could use some looking into aswell?
DieuCure
Profile Joined January 2017
France3713 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-22 10:00:48
September 22 2017 10:00 GMT
#78
It's an extrapolation, dont take it too literally. Just like when you told that

there's gonna be another drop in the number of Protoss

Just look at graphs :

http://www.rankedftw.com/stats/races/1v1/#v=2&r=-2&l=-2

Terran was the most played race from 04/2014 to LoTV release

Protoss and Zerg number was pretty close right before LoTV release, 29 % each of the playerbase.

Then sharp rise for zerg population when LoTV came out then a normalization, Protoss lost 2% players if you compare with others race, and terran has won 2% before the ladder revamp.

Wow what a slump, 2% in comparison. Big Drop.
TL+ Member
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12133 Posts
September 22 2017 10:20 GMT
#79
On September 22 2017 19:00 DieuCure wrote:
It's an extrapolation, dont take it too literally. Just like when you told that

Show nested quote +
there's gonna be another drop in the number of Protoss

Just look at graphs :

http://www.rankedftw.com/stats/races/1v1/#v=2&r=-2&l=-2

Terran was the most played race from 04/2014 to LoTV release

Protoss and Zerg number was pretty close right before LoTV release, 29 % each of the playerbase.

Then sharp rise for zerg population when LoTV came out then a normalization, Protoss lost 2% players if you compare with others race, and terran has won 2% before the ladder revamp.

Wow what a slump, 2% in comparison. Big Drop.

So, first things first
6k - MARU IS DA BEST. $O$ IS DA BEST!!!! Long live the Marine Prince and the Lord of Chaos.


Now to the nice and pretty page you presented. Have you looked a little deeper?

Protoss representation in leagues(I will ignore GM and since I'm at work I cannot merge it with masters, that's because of the club that GM is and the low player numbers in there(600)).
Master - 35 - 25 -35 - 5 (Z-P-T-R)
Diamond - 35 - 21(!!) - 31 - 9
Platinum - 33 - 25 - 30 - 10
Gold - 27 - 30 - 33

Every league from Platinum up has severely underrepresented Protoss. So, if you play 1 000 games you get 380:280:330 +- based on randoms(100 random games equally split). That's actually noticeable difference, but it feels OKish.

Now the fun part, diamond. 380-240-350. That is a HUGE difference. Back in HotS i had this ration(similar) when I was playing but with the least amount being Terrans. It felt horrible, it felt like no one on the ladder is Terran. Everyone and their mother was Protoss or Zerg. Terrans were nonexistant. This has an impact on the ladder, it makes it less entertaining. That's why I started playing unranked - so I can leave PvP or PvZ if I was full of it. Once I left 15 matches(!!!!!!!) to play against Terran. That poor guy never see it coming(Dia vs Gold).

Master is similar - 370 - 270 - 370.

If all these leagues will see a dive in Protoss numbers(and they will see the dive - even if the only reason is the temporary Protoss MMR dump because of the big changes) the ladder will be dominated by Terrans and Zergs. And how long will you like playing only TvT and TvZ? ;-)

Have I been at home I would have merged GM with master which would make it a little bit more stable as there's a big number of P players in GM. But Diamond and Platinum will feel very deserted. That's not a healthy state of ladder. I had it in HotS and it was a horrible state and I believe I wasn't the only one.

Now - all the Protoss players stopped playing Protoss cheese and moved to Zerg cheese as it's more tasty. Nonsense, e.g. I moved from Protoss to a different game, because LotV changes were/are retarded for me and Protoss didn't feel Protossy enough. Mind you that the last time I cheesed someone was back in WoL beta. I am a "spoon Protoss" player.

BTW -
On September 22 2017 16:06 DieuCure wrote:
Protoss players will have to learn multitask without the easy defense behind

I can't wait to see them panic

I didn't notice feedback being nerfed
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
AkashSky
Profile Joined May 2014
United States257 Posts
September 22 2017 10:32 GMT
#80
On September 22 2017 05:29 JWD[9] wrote:
Wow, I like the ideas presented!

I can't however really warm up for the shield battery as a defensive tool (it is fun for some rushes though xD).
Like, Photon overcharge, and even Nexus shield regen were given for free(or a one time investment) and were stronger.
However, we do have free Recall now if we get caught out of position, so shield battery is probably meant for holding some very specific early timings. I am not to much in the loop.

What do other Protosses think of the shield battery in Sc2?


I think its more useful now than it was before (6 range and 100 energy upon spawning). So basically u get 300 shields for 75 minerals, or a 400 total hp target if your opponent wants to snipe it.

I usually use them offensivly, rushing them against opponent bases if they expand too greedily in early game, (i.e. if a protoss oponent goes nexus first , or if a zerg player takes a really fast third hatchery)

If theshield battery gets up, its really easy to deny the base. I have not really used them defensivly, as I tend to make photon cannons for that purpose.

However, I think they may end up being too strong for containment strategies

Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings94
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 262
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10719
Dota 2
monkeys_forever959
NeuroSwarm170
febbydoto44
League of Legends
Doublelift6016
JimRising 669
Counter-Strike
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox855
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g8594
Maynarde218
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick392
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 200
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo286
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 46m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 46m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.