• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:53
CEST 04:53
KST 11:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9365 users

Major Balance Patch Poll

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
ByuuN
Profile Joined November 2016
Poland678 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-14 15:30:15
November 14 2016 15:20 GMT
#1
My polls about upcoming changes to Legacy Of The Void :

TERRAN

Poll: Cyclone

I don`t know (233)
 
46%

Bad change (158)
 
31%

Good change (114)
 
23%

505 total votes

Your vote: Cyclone

(Vote): Good change
(Vote): Bad change
(Vote): I don`t know


Poll: Siege Tank

Good change (393)
 
78%

Bad change (91)
 
18%

I don`t know (23)
 
5%

507 total votes

Your vote: Siege Tank

(Vote): Good change
(Vote): Bad change
(Vote): I don`t know


Poll: Thor

Good change (328)
 
80%

I don`t know (59)
 
14%

Bad change (21)
 
5%

408 total votes

Your vote: Thor

(Vote): Good change
(Vote): Bad change
(Vote): I don`t know


Poll: Liberator

Good change (212)
 
58%

Bad change (82)
 
22%

I don`t know (72)
 
20%

366 total votes

Your vote: Liberator

(Vote): Good change
(Vote): Bad change
(Vote): I don`t know


Poll: Banshee

Good change (177)
 
55%

I don`t know (73)
 
23%

Bad change (70)
 
22%

320 total votes

Your vote: Banshee

(Vote): Good change
(Vote): Bad change
(Vote): I don`t know


Poll: Viking

Good change (235)
 
74%

I don`t know (52)
 
16%

Bad change (30)
 
9%

317 total votes

Your vote: Viking

(Vote): Good change
(Vote): Bad change
(Vote): I don`t know


Poll: Battlecruiser

Good change (259)
 
80%

I don`t know (35)
 
11%

Bad change (30)
 
9%

324 total votes

Your vote: Battlecruiser

(Vote): Good change
(Vote): Bad change
(Vote): I don`t know



ZERG

Poll: Swarm Host

Bad change (164)
 
49%

Good change (86)
 
26%

I don`t know (82)
 
25%

332 total votes

Your vote: Swarm Host

(Vote): Good change
(Vote): Bad change
(Vote): I don`t know


Poll: Hydralisk

Good change (228)
 
65%

Bad change (92)
 
26%

I don`t know (31)
 
9%

351 total votes

Your vote: Hydralisk

(Vote): Good change
(Vote): Bad change
(Vote): I don`t know


Poll: Baneling

Bad change (176)
 
48%

Good change (127)
 
35%

I don`t know (61)
 
17%

364 total votes

Your vote: Baneling

(Vote): Good change
(Vote): Bad change
(Vote): I don`t know


Poll: Infestor

Bad change (184)
 
53%

Good change (121)
 
35%

I don`t know (40)
 
12%

345 total votes

Your vote: Infestor

(Vote): Good change
(Vote): Bad change
(Vote): I don`t know


Poll: Brood Lord

Good change (186)
 
62%

Bad change (66)
 
22%

I don`t know (49)
 
16%

301 total votes

Your vote: Brood Lord

(Vote): Good change
(Vote): Bad change
(Vote): I don`t know


Poll: Ultralisk

Good change (286)
 
86%

Bad change (33)
 
10%

I don`t know (12)
 
4%

331 total votes

Your vote: Ultralisk

(Vote): Good change
(Vote): Bad change
(Vote): I don`t know



PROTOSS

Poll: Tempest

Good change (135)
 
42%

Bad change (118)
 
37%

I don`t know (67)
 
21%

320 total votes

Your vote: Tempest

(Vote): Good change
(Vote): Bad change
(Vote): I don`t know


Poll: Zealot

Good change (228)
 
80%

Bad change (31)
 
11%

I don`t know (27)
 
9%

286 total votes

Your vote: Zealot

(Vote): Good change
(Vote): Bad change
(Vote): I don`t know


Poll: Carrier

Good change (184)
 
69%

Bad change (52)
 
20%

I don`t know (29)
 
11%

265 total votes

Your vote: Carrier

(Vote): Good change
(Vote): Bad change
(Vote): I don`t know


Poll: Dark Templar

Bad change (201)
 
61%

Good change (75)
 
23%

I don`t know (53)
 
16%

329 total votes

Your vote: Dark Templar

(Vote): Good change
(Vote): Bad change
(Vote): I don`t know


Poll: Warp Prism

Good change (201)
 
74%

Bad change (46)
 
17%

I don`t know (23)
 
9%

270 total votes

Your vote: Warp Prism

(Vote): Good change
(Vote): Bad change
(Vote): I don`t know


Poll: Void Ray

Good change (137)
 
51%

Bad change (77)
 
29%

I don`t know (53)
 
20%

267 total votes

Your vote: Void Ray

(Vote): Good change
(Vote): Bad change
(Vote): I don`t know




EDIT: Adept shade vison nerf
Poll: Adept shade vision nerf

Good change (224)
 
69%

Bad change (71)
 
22%

I don`t know (29)
 
9%

324 total votes

Your vote: Adept shade vision nerf

(Vote): Good change
(Vote): Bad change
(Vote): I don`t know


Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
November 14 2016 15:23 GMT
#2
I dont even know what some of those changes are. For example Thor, Liberator or Broodlord.
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
KOtical
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany451 Posts
November 14 2016 15:24 GMT
#3
On November 15 2016 00:23 Yrr wrote:
I dont even know what some of those changes are. For example Thor, Liberator or Broodlord.


in that case choose i don´t know
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
November 14 2016 15:26 GMT
#4
On November 15 2016 00:24 KOtical wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2016 00:23 Yrr wrote:
I dont even know what some of those changes are. For example Thor, Liberator or Broodlord.


in that case choose i don´t know

Why not add the changes.
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
Edowyth
Profile Joined October 2010
United States183 Posts
November 14 2016 15:27 GMT
#5
Void ray, warp prism, and adept changes missing, possibly others. See the TL thread with comprehensive changelist. :D

I feel like you still can't get to carriers and the DT change only has impact in mined-out scenarios.
"Q. How do I check a valid [e-]mail address? A. You can't, at least, not in real time. Bummer, eh?" /r/programming
Of course, you could just send them a validation email.
ByuuN
Profile Joined November 2016
Poland678 Posts
November 14 2016 15:27 GMT
#6
Up to date changes are here http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/20241475/major-balance-changes-testing-now-available-11-11-2016
ByuuN
Profile Joined November 2016
Poland678 Posts
November 14 2016 15:30 GMT
#7
POLL UPDATED: Ultralisk, Warp Prism, Void Ray
Gwavajuice
Profile Joined June 2014
France1810 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-14 15:38:26
November 14 2016 15:38 GMT
#8
That's so many changes really you can't decide which are good and which are bad, it's the whole new meta that has to be analysed and you can't do this without a couple of months of playing and watching pros.

Unless you're lucky and got plenty of interersting games of the test map already, but this is not my case.

For the moment, I will trust people involved in balance discussion with blizzard and think positively of this patch, even if some aspects of it seems wierd to me.
Dear INno and all the former STX boys.
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-14 15:42:03
November 14 2016 15:39 GMT
#9
it's a good patch overall imho, definitely more fun for Zerg with strong mid game units

ofc protoss flying units should just be nerfed into non-existence, because they are the living definiton of cancer, but well
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
KOtical
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany451 Posts
November 14 2016 15:39 GMT
#10
On November 15 2016 00:26 Yrr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2016 00:24 KOtical wrote:
On November 15 2016 00:23 Yrr wrote:
I dont even know what some of those changes are. For example Thor, Liberator or Broodlord.


in that case choose i don´t know

Why not add the changes.


i dont know... i havent made this poll
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-14 15:46:12
November 14 2016 15:41 GMT
#11
You can link to this thread or just quote it and add the changes in a spoiler if you want.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/516351-lotv-balance-test-map-changes-compilation

Edit: Personally I love the changes for zerg, since it feels like the mid game is back and it's no longer a rush to hive. That's what I hope anyway, didn't play enough games to be sure.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
ByuuN
Profile Joined November 2016
Poland678 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-14 15:43:04
November 14 2016 15:42 GMT
#12
As a Terran player I really like the update, it addresses my two biggest LoTV complains: tankivacs and 8 armor ultralisks
KOtical
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany451 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-14 15:44:24
November 14 2016 15:43 GMT
#13
On November 15 2016 00:42 ByuuN wrote:
As a Terran player I really like the update, it addresses my two biggest LoTV complains: tankivacs and 8 armor ultralisks

and finally after 7 years we get the tank buff... "hell it´s about time"
ByuuN
Profile Joined November 2016
Poland678 Posts
November 14 2016 15:46 GMT
#14
On November 15 2016 00:43 KOtical wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2016 00:42 ByuuN wrote:
As a Terran player I really like the update, it addresses my two biggest LoTV complains: tankivacs and 8 armor ultralisks

and finally after 7 years we get the tank buff... "hell it´s about time"

David Kim 2016 Make Terran Mech Again!
Gwavajuice
Profile Joined June 2014
France1810 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-14 15:54:58
November 14 2016 15:53 GMT
#15
On November 15 2016 00:23 Yrr wrote:
I dont even know what some of those changes are. For example Thor, Liberator or Broodlord.



Oh this ones are EZPZ :

*Reduced BL range now matches Thor's anti air.
*liberator : now liberators do not counter muta as nicely as they did
*Thors anti air spalsh dmg radius : now Thors are countering muta better
* thors prioritization : now thors are good anti air in late game against armored units (they don't derp and target broodlings like they do now)

=> result :
this change is meant to allow mech compostion to use thor as their primary anti air and make mech stronger vs Zerg, cause it seemed that a lot of people playing mech where complaining about the late game full air zerg armies...




Oops misread you, though you where asking what these changes are for

ignore me
Dear INno and all the former STX boys.
Ryu3600
Profile Joined January 2016
Canada470 Posts
November 14 2016 16:46 GMT
#16
Idk if this is a good suggestion but like I always thought of the sentry's attack looking like a chain that should slow people. Would it be a potential good change if Sentry's when their attack was hitting a unit would slow that unit? Like maybe by half the % of Concussive shells?
Maru is the best Terran ever.
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-14 16:55:35
November 14 2016 16:52 GMT
#17
Don't know about anything. Some things are definitely sensible (for instance 6 supply tempests, armor ultra nerf, which are long overdue), some look really strange to me (hello blink DTs or speed banshees). I would need to play the balance test map extensively to give a legit opinion but it's excruciatingly hard to find opponents, queues are like 10 minutes.
Topher_Doll
Profile Joined August 2015
United States76 Posts
November 14 2016 18:02 GMT
#18
The fact people can vote without knowing or testing the changes kind of ruins the meaningfulness of the poll doesn't it?
I'm a bear of very little brains and big words bother me.
MockHamill
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden1798 Posts
November 14 2016 19:12 GMT
#19
On November 15 2016 01:52 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Don't know about anything. Some things are definitely sensible (for instance 6 supply tempests, armor ultra nerf, which are long overdue), some look really strange to me (hello blink DTs or speed banshees). I would need to play the balance test map extensively to give a legit opinion but it's excruciatingly hard to find opponents, queues are like 10 minutes.


The que time used to be 3-4 minutes but in the last few days it is much faster. Usually less then 1 minute. This is EU Diamond level though.
KOtical
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany451 Posts
November 14 2016 21:54 GMT
#20
On November 15 2016 03:02 Topher_Doll wrote:
The fact people can vote without knowing or testing the changes kind of ruins the meaningfulness of the poll doesn't it?


ya kinda
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings116
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 223
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10576
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1097
NeuroSwarm198
febbydoto22
League of Legends
Doublelift5331
JimRising 712
Counter-Strike
taco 238
minikerr51
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King341
hungrybox127
Other Games
summit1g9411
Maynarde237
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick468
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 195
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo695
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 7m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 7m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 7m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.