• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:01
CEST 07:01
KST 14:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9821 users

Micro AI Bot - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
klipik12
Profile Joined March 2012
United States241 Posts
November 06 2015 18:40 GMT
#61
What happens if you put the bot vs another bot?
<(^_^)> || Axiom - CoL - mYi - Prime - ROOT - EG - Acer || WCS Teamleague pls ;-;
TheoMikkelsen
Profile Joined June 2013
Denmark196 Posts
November 06 2015 19:55 GMT
#62
Whats kinda funny is that there are no good ways to make micro ai with protoss cuz in theory, protoss is the weakest race. The blink micro clip wasnt really that far from human micro.
Any sufficiently cheesy build is indistinguishable in skill
crbox
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1181 Posts
November 06 2015 20:12 GMT
#63
The marine splits are fucking insane lol
Leviance
Profile Joined November 2009
Germany4079 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-06 21:32:59
November 06 2015 21:30 GMT
#64
Im still waiting for the AI that can both macro and micro well. Is it possible to implement this into other A.I. projects that focus on macro?

Like Dorfl? Can you guys collaborate and create the grandmaster A.I.? Plz make it happen
"Blizzard is never gonna nerf Terran because of those American and European fuck" - Korean Netizen
TheBalanceIssue
Profile Joined June 2015
Singapore41 Posts
November 07 2015 01:47 GMT
#65
On November 07 2015 06:30 Leviance wrote:
Im still waiting for the AI that can both macro and micro well. Is it possible to implement this into other A.I. projects that focus on macro?

Like Dorfl? Can you guys collaborate and create the grandmaster A.I.? Plz make it happen


Will ask him. I guess if there are no conflicts between the 2 AI's actions it may be possible.
Nuclease
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1049 Posts
November 08 2015 07:40 GMT
#66
So awesome! Can I ask what language you did this in, and what packages, if any, you used to program the behavior of the AI?

I would have done it in Python with the various sexy ML and AI packages that Python offers, but I'd be curious to see what you did it in.
Zealots, not zee-lots. | Never forget, KTViolet, Go)Space. | You will never be as good as By.Flash, and your drops will never be as sick as MMA.
Leviance
Profile Joined November 2009
Germany4079 Posts
November 08 2015 11:35 GMT
#67
On November 07 2015 10:47 TheBalanceIssue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2015 06:30 Leviance wrote:
Im still waiting for the AI that can both macro and micro well. Is it possible to implement this into other A.I. projects that focus on macro?

Like Dorfl? Can you guys collaborate and create the grandmaster A.I.? Plz make it happen


Will ask him. I guess if there are no conflicts between the 2 AI's actions it may be possible.


oh god this would be so fucking awesome. A playable AI that has axcellent micro,macro, an actual bo that makes sense and scouting etc.

Wet dream.
"Blizzard is never gonna nerf Terran because of those American and European fuck" - Korean Netizen
TheBalanceIssue
Profile Joined June 2015
Singapore41 Posts
November 08 2015 12:38 GMT
#68
On November 08 2015 16:40 Nuclease wrote:
So awesome! Can I ask what language you did this in, and what packages, if any, you used to program the behavior of the AI?

I would have done it in Python with the various sexy ML and AI packages that Python offers, but I'd be curious to see what you did it in.


I didn't use any programming language, I built the AI using the StarCraft Map Editor by Blizzard.
UberNuB
Profile Joined December 2010
United States365 Posts
November 08 2015 16:59 GMT
#69
On November 07 2015 04:55 TheoMikkelsen wrote:
Whats kinda funny is that there are no good ways to make micro ai with protoss cuz in theory, protoss is the weakest race. The blink micro clip wasnt really that far from human micro.


On the other hand, it could be seen as the easiest to micro..
the absence of evidence, is not the evidence of absence.
Nuclease
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1049 Posts
November 08 2015 17:21 GMT
#70
On November 08 2015 21:38 TheBalanceIssue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2015 16:40 Nuclease wrote:
So awesome! Can I ask what language you did this in, and what packages, if any, you used to program the behavior of the AI?

I would have done it in Python with the various sexy ML and AI packages that Python offers, but I'd be curious to see what you did it in.


I didn't use any programming language, I built the AI using the StarCraft Map Editor by Blizzard.


Ah! Interesting. Wouldn't have imagined it would be capable of such impressive multitasking, but I guess it's nothing more than mapping behaviors when it really comes down to it.

Thanks man!
Zealots, not zee-lots. | Never forget, KTViolet, Go)Space. | You will never be as good as By.Flash, and your drops will never be as sick as MMA.
TheBalanceIssue
Profile Joined June 2015
Singapore41 Posts
November 09 2015 03:09 GMT
#71
On November 09 2015 02:21 Nuclease wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2015 21:38 TheBalanceIssue wrote:
On November 08 2015 16:40 Nuclease wrote:
So awesome! Can I ask what language you did this in, and what packages, if any, you used to program the behavior of the AI?

I would have done it in Python with the various sexy ML and AI packages that Python offers, but I'd be curious to see what you did it in.


I didn't use any programming language, I built the AI using the StarCraft Map Editor by Blizzard.


Ah! Interesting. Wouldn't have imagined it would be capable of such impressive multitasking, but I guess it's nothing more than mapping behaviors when it really comes down to it.

Thanks man!


Yeah the SC2 engine is pretty strong and capable
JAG.war
Profile Joined May 2010
United States76 Posts
November 09 2015 13:10 GMT
#72
Very impressive! Would love to see more work on this.
sOs, Parting, MC and JAGW.
[Tek]Darktek
Profile Joined March 2013
United States28 Posts
November 09 2015 16:33 GMT
#73
Lol very impressive. But don't they already have something like this? If you go to youtube and search up Starcraft 2 Micro Gods, there is a short part (@1:00) in the video where 2 Ultralisk is surrounded by a few medivacs with tanks. The AI perefectly micro'd the tanks by lifting them up in down on all sides of the ultras.
Always make room for improvement. -Total Elite Killas-
[Tek]Darktek
Profile Joined March 2013
United States28 Posts
November 09 2015 16:37 GMT
#74
Also, can anyone tell me if there are hacks that allow people to play like this? I got matched up against an unranked zerg one time. And his micro seemed in human. He was controling 5 fronts at one point. And it was almost perfect.
Always make room for improvement. -Total Elite Killas-
TaNtaLum
Profile Joined November 2015
4 Posts
November 10 2015 02:30 GMT
#75
On November 10 2015 01:37 [Tek]Darktek wrote:
Also, can anyone tell me if there are hacks that allow people to play like this? I got matched up against an unranked zerg one time. And his micro seemed in human. He was controling 5 fronts at one point. And it was almost perfect.


There are marine split and blink hacks (I see people post about them in reddit quite often). As far as I know there aren't many other micro hacks out there, plus its patch 3.0 so there would be zero / few hackers. Can you provide us with a replay?
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
November 10 2015 16:10 GMT
#76
this was really cool to watch
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
November 10 2015 16:27 GMT
#77
On November 10 2015 11:30 TaNtaLum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2015 01:37 [Tek]Darktek wrote:
Also, can anyone tell me if there are hacks that allow people to play like this? I got matched up against an unranked zerg one time. And his micro seemed in human. He was controling 5 fronts at one point. And it was almost perfect.


There are marine split and blink hacks (I see people post about them in reddit quite often). As far as I know there aren't many other micro hacks out there, plus its patch 3.0 so there would be zero / few hackers. Can you provide us with a replay?

There also is or used to be roach burrow/burrow move hacks.
TheBalanceIssue
Profile Joined June 2015
Singapore41 Posts
November 13 2015 10:37 GMT
#78
On November 08 2015 20:35 Leviance wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2015 10:47 TheBalanceIssue wrote:
On November 07 2015 06:30 Leviance wrote:
Im still waiting for the AI that can both macro and micro well. Is it possible to implement this into other A.I. projects that focus on macro?

Like Dorfl? Can you guys collaborate and create the grandmaster A.I.? Plz make it happen


Will ask him. I guess if there are no conflicts between the 2 AI's actions it may be possible.


oh god this would be so fucking awesome. A playable AI that has axcellent micro,macro, an actual bo that makes sense and scouting etc.

Wet dream.


It MAY come true, I have collaborated with Turtles (the creator of Dorfl) to make a great AI capable of making decisions

Still a long way to go to creating a "Grandmaster AI", but this, I feel, has potential :D
Leviance
Profile Joined November 2009
Germany4079 Posts
November 13 2015 13:59 GMT
#79
On November 13 2015 19:37 TheBalanceIssue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2015 20:35 Leviance wrote:
On November 07 2015 10:47 TheBalanceIssue wrote:
On November 07 2015 06:30 Leviance wrote:
Im still waiting for the AI that can both macro and micro well. Is it possible to implement this into other A.I. projects that focus on macro?

Like Dorfl? Can you guys collaborate and create the grandmaster A.I.? Plz make it happen


Will ask him. I guess if there are no conflicts between the 2 AI's actions it may be possible.


oh god this would be so fucking awesome. A playable AI that has axcellent micro,macro, an actual bo that makes sense and scouting etc.

Wet dream.


It MAY come true, I have collaborated with Turtles (the creator of Dorfl) to make a great AI capable of making decisions

Still a long way to go to creating a "Grandmaster AI", but this, I feel, has potential :D


Awesome!!! Plz keep us updated with a YouTube vid here and there No matter if it still plays bad, just put it vs Blizz AI
"Blizzard is never gonna nerf Terran because of those American and European fuck" - Korean Netizen
[Tek]Darktek
Profile Joined March 2013
United States28 Posts
November 13 2015 16:48 GMT
#80
I tried to find the replay but I forget which computer i was on when it happened. If i ever experience it again Ill post it on here. Ill write down your name buddy <3
Always make room for improvement. -Total Elite Killas-
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings126
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 180
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 249
BeSt 214
sorry 39
Mind 29
Bale 18
Terrorterran 16
ZergMaN 9
Noble 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1017
League of Legends
JimRising 702
Counter-Strike
taco 397
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King142
Other Games
summit1g9711
Maynarde189
RuFF_SC2125
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick473
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH347
• Hupsaiya 119
• practicex 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2116
League of Legends
• Rush1129
• Stunt313
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 59m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 59m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 59m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.