• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:38
CEST 01:38
KST 08:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8836 users

Road to BlizzCon #5 - CMStorm_Polt - WCS 2015 - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
28 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
TNRGP
Profile Blog Joined September 2015
10 Posts
October 27 2015 01:57 GMT
#21
Well to elaborate further, (Since I stuck my foot out, I should either put it in my mouth or stick it in the door) these articles don't take the newer player, or the person who has been away from competitive Starcraft in mind.

Now I understand there is a theme with these articles. There should always been room for parody and humor with Starcraft, and some of the best content is in seeing a high ranking player become the meme of the month.

That said, when I see an article entitled "Road to Blizzcon" I expect to see at best, some highlights of the star player being mentioned. Some backstory,how they grew as a competitive player, and where the writer thinks his game is going into the next expansion, and do they have a shot at grabbing the title.

Maybe I just have a problem with the title, but I feel that something as serious as Blizzcon is a chance to bring newer players up to date with some of the old guard, because LOTV has changed a lot, and we are actually getting fresh people into the community. Which is great. We just have to keep them around.

Articles making vague nods at accomplishments and being silly is fine for those in the know, but for the person out of the loop, they are going to have to read another article and watch some old casts to see what all the hubbub is about.

And you know what, I don't even think the humor part is in question, it's just that in the article, links to vods, pictures of accomplishments, and the players themselves; are strangely absent.

But that is just my feedback. I'm not trying to be a smart ass, and I don't mean anyone disrespect, I was just largely thrown off by the style of the content, and was expecting something largely different by the titles name.

Maybe I'm just not in the Halloween spirit, because I may be tricking my self rather then finding the treat.



http://retrogamingperspective.tumblr.com/
Draconicfire
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2562 Posts
October 27 2015 02:09 GMT
#22
Did you click on the player spotlight and analysis buttons at the top? They do address some of those points.
@Drayxs | Drayxs.221 | Drayxs#1802
TNRGP
Profile Blog Joined September 2015
10 Posts
October 27 2015 02:14 GMT
#23
On October 27 2015 11:09 Draconicfire wrote:
Did you click on the player spotlight and analysis buttons at the top? They do address some of those points.


Strangely enough this did not display on my LG, and this actually expands the flavor of the articles considerably. So I resend my statement. I thought it odd that I was not seeing anything I mentioned, and now I know why, my bad.
http://retrogamingperspective.tumblr.com/
munch
Profile Joined July 2014
Mute City2363 Posts
October 27 2015 02:32 GMT
#24
On October 27 2015 11:14 TNRGP wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2015 11:09 Draconicfire wrote:
Did you click on the player spotlight and analysis buttons at the top? They do address some of those points.


Strangely enough this did not display on my LG, and this actually expands the flavor of the articles considerably. So I resend my statement. I thought it odd that I was not seeing anything I mentioned, and now I know why, my bad.


why you no read instructions :/
WriterForm is temporary, MMA is permanent || http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/508630-article-archive
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
October 27 2015 02:43 GMT
#25
On October 27 2015 11:32 thecrazymunchkin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2015 11:14 TNRGP wrote:
On October 27 2015 11:09 Draconicfire wrote:
Did you click on the player spotlight and analysis buttons at the top? They do address some of those points.


Strangely enough this did not display on my LG, and this actually expands the flavor of the articles considerably. So I resend my statement. I thought it odd that I was not seeing anything I mentioned, and now I know why, my bad.


why you no read instructions :/


This seems to be a common enough problem that you guys should probably add hyperlinks that explicitly say "Go to the Player Spotlight" and "Go to the Analysis" right under the map.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
October 27 2015 02:56 GMT
#26
On October 27 2015 11:43 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2015 11:32 thecrazymunchkin wrote:
On October 27 2015 11:14 TNRGP wrote:
On October 27 2015 11:09 Draconicfire wrote:
Did you click on the player spotlight and analysis buttons at the top? They do address some of those points.


Strangely enough this did not display on my LG, and this actually expands the flavor of the articles considerably. So I resend my statement. I thought it odd that I was not seeing anything I mentioned, and now I know why, my bad.


why you no read instructions :/


This seems to be a common enough problem that you guys should probably add hyperlinks that explicitly say "Go to the Player Spotlight" and "Go to the Analysis" right under the map.


i suggested lens flares but no one believed me
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Stolker
Profile Joined March 2013
United States96 Posts
October 27 2015 04:57 GMT
#27
On October 27 2015 10:57 TNRGP wrote:
Well to elaborate further, (Since I stuck my foot out, I should either put it in my mouth or stick it in the door) these articles don't take the newer player, or the person who has been away from competitive Starcraft in mind.

Now I understand there is a theme with these articles. There should always been room for parody and humor with Starcraft, and some of the best content is in seeing a high ranking player become the meme of the month.

That said, when I see an article entitled "Road to Blizzcon" I expect to see at best, some highlights of the star player being mentioned. Some backstory,how they grew as a competitive player, and where the writer thinks his game is going into the next expansion, and do they have a shot at grabbing the title.

Maybe I just have a problem with the title, but I feel that something as serious as Blizzcon is a chance to bring newer players up to date with some of the old guard, because LOTV has changed a lot, and we are actually getting fresh people into the community. Which is great. We just have to keep them around.

Articles making vague nods at accomplishments and being silly is fine for those in the know, but for the person out of the loop, they are going to have to read another article and watch some old casts to see what all the hubbub is about.

And you know what, I don't even think the humor part is in question, it's just that in the article, links to vods, pictures of accomplishments, and the players themselves; are strangely absent.

But that is just my feedback. I'm not trying to be a smart ass, and I don't mean anyone disrespect, I was just largely thrown off by the style of the content, and was expecting something largely different by the titles name.

Maybe I'm just not in the Halloween spirit, because I may be tricking my self rather then finding the treat.






Noone cares about your thoughts


User was warned for this post
LDenning
Profile Joined October 2015
1 Post
October 29 2015 12:36 GMT
#28
Hey Zealously,after reading what you said in this comment thread, I sent you PM about a writing position. Please check it out! Cheers.
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 30 2015 17:53 GMT
#29
I hope Polt crafts some ridiculous builds like his legendary biomech attack vs Classic. You can pull something like this vs Rain in at least one game.
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft435
ViBE119
Nina 103
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13795
firebathero 116
Hyuk 52
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm152
febbydoto81
League of Legends
Doublelift4510
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King71
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5149
Other Games
summit1g8584
FrodaN2288
JimRising 468
mouzStarbuck377
KnowMe220
ArmadaUGS85
Trikslyr18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1143
BasetradeTV174
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 108
• musti20045 32
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 22m
INu's Battles
12h 22m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
15h 22m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 22m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 22m
Replay Cast
23h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.