• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:46
CEST 09:46
KST 16:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10994 users

DeMusliM leaves Evil Geniuses

Forum Index > SC2 General
208 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
adymus
Profile Joined August 2011
Romania140 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-02 20:30:22
February 02 2015 20:12 GMT
#1
Benjamin "DeMusliM" Baker leaves Evil Geniuses after more than 4 years playing for one of the biggest teams in the world.

Evil Geniuses:
ca Chris HuK Loranger
us Geoff INcontroL Robinson
kr Lee Jaedong Jae Dong
us Conan Suppy Liu
se Marcus ThorZaIN Eklöf
us Libo Xenocider Chang




https://www.facebook.com/DeMusliMUK/posts/784222698313230:0


Statement from DeMusliM :
Haven't wrote a blog in quite some time, especially not one that hits so home emotionally for me, so forgive me if I go off tangent a little.

EG first entered my life back in 2010. The first Starcraft 2 event happened in Cologne where the world had its first taste of Starcraft 2 on the big stage, it was a spectacular event for many reasons ranging from Amazing, to 5 rax reaper.

But the most pivotal thing of this event was me running into a man that I was very scared of initially meeting, as his reputation was that of a raging bull. I went up to him in person, and I believe I said something along the lines of "Wow, you're not as tall as I thought you'd be!" In which a little banter was shared, and that's how I met Greg "IdrA" Fields.

I played him on the big stage and lost 1-2, in which he did something I didn't hear him do often, and he complimented me in the after game interview, or at least, that's how I took him not absolutely tearing me a new one.
A couple of weeks passed, and I received message from my new found American buddy if I'd be interested in joining EG, and him in Korea. A message that changed my life from that point onwards.

Since then, it's been a roller coaster. I gave up 4 months of my Salary to assist with the buyout from my former team, and went on to joining a team with some of the best players around, including that of former team buddies such as Grubby.
Since that journey started, I had bumps, and I mean bumps. -- From breaking my Arm twice within the space of 5 weeks, to ending up in Jail the Day before an MLG at border control, Falling over in relay races and opening a freshly made scar, the list goes on... And unfortunately on of rather unfortunate events.

But, besides all the tragedies, I did what few could dream about.
I uprooted and left everything behind and moved to America for my gaming team, I made friends with some absolutely glorious people, I was experiencing a life I never knew could begin from just playing games at a desk in my bedroom, a beautiful life.
For the most part I have a lot to thank EG for, as without them this story so far would not have been possible.
After this past year, and moving back to Europe, it became evident that my relationship in playing for EG would not be able to last through the move. EG being an American based organisation, and being the sole European on the team, after a month's worth of negotiations, I believe both parties are quite content with parting ways.

While this leaving happens at an unfortunate time, Right after moving to Stockholm, Sweden and finally having a setup to play from, along with the WCS qualifiers, I'm happier than I have been in a long time with my new Starcraft situation.
I wish my former team mates the best of luck in each one of their Endeavours, a lot of them are great people, and they're worth everything they've worked for.
I'll be open to talks with other parties in the near future. I anticipate the future, but more than anything look forward to it.
Those that have supported EG through me, I hope you continue to do so, and vice versa but cheekily I hope the guys that supported me because I was on EG still cheer me on even more so smile emoticon.
Thanks to the sponsors, Thanks to my friends, and most importantly, Thanks to you, the fans, I wouldn't be here if it were not for you.

Farewell.


Facebook Twitter Reddit
https://www.twitch.tv/adymustv
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-02 20:14:32
February 02 2015 20:14 GMT
#2
Saw this coming, he changed his twitter a while ago, but he insisted on stream that he was still on EG. I guess today it's finally official.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
luxon
Profile Joined August 2012
United States117 Posts
February 02 2015 20:14 GMT
#3
No
TerranHwaiting
Profile Joined December 2014
Korea (North)179 Posts
February 02 2015 20:15 GMT
#4
I wondered why they did not kick him out like 2 Years ago...
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
February 02 2015 20:15 GMT
#5
Will be extremely weird not seeing him in an EG shirt
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
February 02 2015 20:16 GMT
#6
I wonder what will happen now.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
February 02 2015 20:18 GMT
#7
Leaving EG but no retirement? Interested in what comes next. Best of luck to him
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
February 02 2015 20:20 GMT
#8
The real question is why do all these progamers change their Twitter a few days/week before the actual announcement. Oh, and since he's in Sweden now, maybe it's time to reform Alliance? d:
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
February 02 2015 20:22 GMT
#9
Best of luck to Demuslim. Will definitely be weird seeing him with another team
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Legio
Profile Joined December 2008
Sweden235 Posts
February 02 2015 20:25 GMT
#10
Now EG can pick up Naniwa!
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
February 02 2015 20:26 GMT
#11
I've always been chering for DeMusliM and will continue to do so. Now he will have to prove his worth again, but I think he can . Good luck Ben, can't wait to see more of the Devil Terran!

Another video from back then. Nice fpov and they speak english at the end.

Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Sjokola
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands800 Posts
February 02 2015 20:35 GMT
#12
Excited to see you him continue to play. Always liked him.
Saechiis
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands4989 Posts
February 02 2015 20:35 GMT
#13
Ben is a good ol' chap, hope he continues to play.
I think esports is pretty nice.
Aveng3r
Profile Joined February 2012
United States2411 Posts
February 02 2015 20:35 GMT
#14
Hate to say I saw this one coming.

I really hope he doesn't quit altogether, he's like the last of the streaming peak of 2011 and really my only connection to the game anymore
I carve marble busts of assassinated world leaders - PM for a quote
Rocket-Bear
Profile Joined July 2014
3070 Posts
February 02 2015 20:46 GMT
#15
So from the original Idra, Demuslim, Incontrol, Machine, Strifecro and Axslav there is only Incontrol left.

Wow how things have changed.
Favorite players: Gh and Zai
robopork
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States511 Posts
February 02 2015 20:47 GMT
#16
Best of luck to you Ben
“This left me alone to solve the coffee problem - a sort of catch-22, as in order to think straight I need caffeine, and in order to make that happen I need to think straight.”
plgElwood
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany518 Posts
February 02 2015 20:48 GMT
#17
The show must go on.
*blinks back tears*

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
vult
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States9400 Posts
February 02 2015 20:48 GMT
#18
Wowowow that is a huge loss for EG. Though he may not be so competi tipi be abymore, he had high stream numbers and was a good PR person for them. Will be interesting to see what happens next.
I used to play random, but for you I play very specifically.
Shuffleblade
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden1903 Posts
February 02 2015 20:48 GMT
#19
Well this really brings mixed feelings, what matters is that Demuslim himself isn't too upset about it. It rather sounds like he has a very good outlook on life at the moment, I'm looking forward to seeing him climb high in the coming years =)
Maru, Bomber, TY, Dear, Classic, DeParture and Rogue!
spoonmaster
Profile Joined May 2012
United States347 Posts
February 02 2015 20:52 GMT
#20
Sad to see the EG SC2 roster shrinking smaller and smaller. Hope DeMu finds what he's looking for SC2-wise soon, I still think he has the talent to do well.
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 610
soO 529
Hyuk 401
BeSt 397
Mind 38
Shinee 36
Bale 26
Mong 26
Killer 22
ZergMaN 10
[ Show more ]
yabsab 9
Dota 2
monkeys_forever961
XaKoH 603
XcaliburYe184
League of Legends
JimRising 536
Counter-Strike
ceh9521
Other Games
summit1g9655
olofmeister783
Happy315
Livibee160
Mew2King86
ArmadaUGS48
crisheroes7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick566
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH364
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2293
League of Legends
• Rush1295
• Stunt438
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 14m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
3h 14m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 14m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.