• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:28
CEST 13:28
KST 20:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10800 users

Scelight 6.0: Patch 3.0 + LotV support - Page 22

Forum Index > SC2 General
927 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 47 Next All
RedHoodlum
Profile Joined December 2013
United States9 Posts
November 12 2014 14:17 GMT
#421
Great program, still love using it. I noticed in the build orders tab, it doesn't show evolving a Lair or Hive. Is there an option for doing this?
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
November 14 2014 20:24 GMT
#422
On November 12 2014 23:17 RedHoodlum wrote:
Great program, still love using it. I noticed in the build orders tab, it doesn't show evolving a Lair or Hive. Is there an option for doing this?

Sorry, forgot to answer this.

The Build Orders tab operates on a stream (a part/component) in the replay. This tab visualizes events from this tracker stream which does not include Lair and Hive mutations, so I can't add those.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-20 14:38:44
November 20 2014 14:35 GMT
#423
Is it possible with a plugin for Scelight to have it parse replays and output a win/loss counter to a text document? I was thinking if streamers, including myself could with this have an automatically updating counter to show how it's gone in the session. Possibly even a separate text file for wins, and one for losses so they can be setup with different colors by OBS (green / red).
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
November 20 2014 16:46 GMT
#424
On November 20 2014 23:35 Firkraag8 wrote:
Is it possible with a plugin for Scelight to have it parse replays and output a win/loss counter to a text document? I was thinking if streamers, including myself could with this have an automatically updating counter to show how it's gone in the session. Possibly even a separate text file for wins, and one for losses so they can be setup with different colors by OBS (green / red).

Yes, it is possible. This is something that is very easily doable with a Scelight External Module.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Debian
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada95 Posts
November 23 2014 05:37 GMT
#425
No matter where I put it, it's saying I don't have write permission. I even tried to take ownership of it, no dice. Any suggestions? Tried putting it in program files, downloads folder, documents, desktop etc.
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
November 23 2014 12:39 GMT
#426
On November 23 2014 14:37 Debian wrote:
No matter where I put it, it's saying I don't have write permission. I even tried to take ownership of it, no dice. Any suggestions? Tried putting it in program files, downloads folder, documents, desktop etc.

If you put it in your user home folder, then you will surely have write permissions to it.

Note that you have to extract the zip file you download. It's not appropriate or right to starting it from within the zip file.

If you still have problems, please post more details like screenshot, log files etc.
https://repmastered.icza.net
geezii
Profile Joined November 2014
2 Posts
November 24 2014 03:33 GMT
#427
I've tried everything i can not get scelight to update scelight_admin.exe this file isn't even in the orginal DL, is there an option for manual update instead of using the launcher?
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
November 24 2014 14:36 GMT
#428
On November 24 2014 12:33 geezii wrote:
I've tried everything i can not get scelight to update scelight_admin.exe this file isn't even in the orginal DL, is there an option for manual update instead of using the launcher?

The downloadable archive is the Scelight Launcher. It's a zip file, you have to extract it somewhere where you have write permissions (e.g. your home folder).

Once you extract it you can start it with the Scelight.exe file on Windows. It also contains the Scelight-admin.exe. If you don't see these files, that means you haven't extracted the downloaded file. Trust me, the zip file contains these.

If you're still having problems, please post more details (e.g. screenshots, log files, what is it exactly you tried and how did it fail etc.).
https://repmastered.icza.net
hypnotoad.410
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany29 Posts
November 24 2014 15:32 GMT
#429
is there a reason why there is no MMR tracker anymore?
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
November 24 2014 18:14 GMT
#430
On November 25 2014 00:32 hypnotoad.410 wrote:
is there a reason why there is no MMR tracker anymore?

The MMR Plugin was not part of Sc2gears, it was a separate plugin. I was not involved in its development and maintenance. You should ask this question in their thread.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Jellicent
Profile Joined November 2012
Germany23 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-11 20:06:51
January 11 2015 18:11 GMT
#431
I would like to see an option to change the default replay folder additionally to the replay backup folder location.

It defaults to some really, really weird place on my Arch Linux installation, rendering it unable to monitor the actual replay folder. Working around this with a symlink doesn't seem to work.

Default location (which doesn't even exist on my system): $HOME/Documents/StarCraft II/Accounts
Created a symlink to where my replays actually are (this is the path I'd like to set it to): $HOME/winapps/scii/drive_c/users/queen/My Documents/StarCraft II/Accounts

Also, an option to enable monitoring on manually added folders would be nice. I actually missed an option. Oops.

Both of these options would be nice for people that don't default their "My *" folders from Wine to $HOME, but to somewhere else.

If you need any more info, please let me know.

Edit: I should add that I'm aware of the option adding other folders and simply disabling the default replay folder. I'm suggesting this because an option listed under replay options would be a tad user friendlier for most people.

Edit 2: I just realised that the "game ended" and "game started" voices don't work. I suspect this happens with the APM alert, too.
"Replay saved" when the replay is backed up works though.

Edit 3: I found something else funky going on.
When Scelight is open, this happens: http://a.pomf.se/kjncev.png
The orange part is something from Scelight that makes my background visible and is on top of everything else, even fullscreen applications. I have no way of selecting or moving it, so I don't know what exactly it is. All I know is that it goes away if I close Scelight.
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-11 20:57:36
January 11 2015 20:56 GMT
#432
On January 12 2015 03:11 Jellicent wrote:
I would like to see an option to change the default replay folder additionally to the replay backup folder location.

It defaults to some really, really weird place on my Arch Linux installation, rendering it unable to monitor the actual replay folder. Working around this with a symlink doesn't seem to work.

Default location (which doesn't even exist on my system): $HOME/Documents/StarCraft II/Accounts
Created a symlink to where my replays actually are (this is the path I'd like to set it to): $HOME/winapps/scii/drive_c/users/queen/My Documents/StarCraft II/Accounts

Also, an option to enable monitoring on manually added folders would be nice. I actually missed an option. Oops.

Both of these options would be nice for people that don't default their "My *" folders from Wine to $HOME, but to somewhere else.

If you need any more info, please let me know.

Edit: I should add that I'm aware of the option adding other folders and simply disabling the default replay folder. I'm suggesting this because an option listed under replay options would be a tad user friendlier for most people.

Edit 2: I just realised that the "game ended" and "game started" voices don't work. I suspect this happens with the APM alert, too.
"Replay saved" when the replay is backed up works though.

Edit 3: I found something else funky going on.
When Scelight is open, this happens: http://a.pomf.se/kjncev.png
The orange part is something from Scelight that makes my background visible and is on top of everything else, even fullscreen applications. I have no way of selecting or moving it, so I don't know what exactly it is. All I know is that it goes away if I close Scelight.

As you already wrote, there is a simple workaround: anybody can add new Replay folders, and the monitoring property can be enabled/disabled on any Replay folder.

The features of the SC2 Game Monitor (game start, game end detection, Live APM overlay) rely on the data SC2 outputs to the Windows registry. This is not available on Linux (or not in the same way), so these only work on Windows.

Replay backup does not rely on the Windows Registry, so you'll hear "replay saved" voice when replays are backed up on Linux too.

I've never seen something like the screenshot you posted. But if it is always on top, it may be the Live APM info or Last game info overlay cards. You can toggle them (show/hide) in the Tools menu.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Jellicent
Profile Joined November 2012
Germany23 Posts
January 11 2015 21:47 GMT
#433
On January 12 2015 05:56 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
As you already wrote, there is a simple workaround: anybody can add new Replay folders, and the monitoring property can be enabled/disabled on any Replay folder.

The features of the SC2 Game Monitor (game start, game end detection, Live APM overlay) rely on the data SC2 outputs to the Windows registry. This is not available on Linux (or not in the same way), so these only work on Windows.

Replay backup does not rely on the Windows Registry, so you'll hear "replay saved" voice when replays are backed up on Linux too.

I've never seen something like the screenshot you posted. But if it is always on top, it may be the Live APM info or Last game info overlay cards. You can toggle them (show/hide) in the Tools menu.


Thanks for explaining why things work and not work.

As for the APM overlay, it doesn't seem to be that. Tools > Live APM is greyed out, so I can't even turn it on. Not sure if that means something is broken or not.
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
January 11 2015 22:08 GMT
#434
On January 12 2015 06:47 Jellicent wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2015 05:56 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
As you already wrote, there is a simple workaround: anybody can add new Replay folders, and the monitoring property can be enabled/disabled on any Replay folder.

The features of the SC2 Game Monitor (game start, game end detection, Live APM overlay) rely on the data SC2 outputs to the Windows registry. This is not available on Linux (or not in the same way), so these only work on Windows.

Replay backup does not rely on the Windows Registry, so you'll hear "replay saved" voice when replays are backed up on Linux too.

I've never seen something like the screenshot you posted. But if it is always on top, it may be the Live APM info or Last game info overlay cards. You can toggle them (show/hide) in the Tools menu.


Thanks for explaining why things work and not work.

As for the APM overlay, it doesn't seem to be that. Tools > Live APM is greyed out, so I can't even turn it on. Not sure if that means something is broken or not.

You're right, I forgot about that. It's grayed out on Linux (disabled) because Live APM is not available on Linux.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Jellicent
Profile Joined November 2012
Germany23 Posts
January 11 2015 22:23 GMT
#435
On January 12 2015 07:08 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2015 06:47 Jellicent wrote:
On January 12 2015 05:56 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
As you already wrote, there is a simple workaround: anybody can add new Replay folders, and the monitoring property can be enabled/disabled on any Replay folder.

The features of the SC2 Game Monitor (game start, game end detection, Live APM overlay) rely on the data SC2 outputs to the Windows registry. This is not available on Linux (or not in the same way), so these only work on Windows.

Replay backup does not rely on the Windows Registry, so you'll hear "replay saved" voice when replays are backed up on Linux too.

I've never seen something like the screenshot you posted. But if it is always on top, it may be the Live APM info or Last game info overlay cards. You can toggle them (show/hide) in the Tools menu.


Thanks for explaining why things work and not work.

As for the APM overlay, it doesn't seem to be that. Tools > Live APM is greyed out, so I can't even turn it on. Not sure if that means something is broken or not.

You're right, I forgot about that. It's grayed out on Linux (disabled) because Live APM is not available on Linux.


All right, so does that mean that I have a window going on I cannot really control because it shouldn't be available? Haha. XD
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
January 11 2015 22:30 GMT
#436
On January 12 2015 07:23 Jellicent wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2015 07:08 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
On January 12 2015 06:47 Jellicent wrote:
On January 12 2015 05:56 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
As you already wrote, there is a simple workaround: anybody can add new Replay folders, and the monitoring property can be enabled/disabled on any Replay folder.

The features of the SC2 Game Monitor (game start, game end detection, Live APM overlay) rely on the data SC2 outputs to the Windows registry. This is not available on Linux (or not in the same way), so these only work on Windows.

Replay backup does not rely on the Windows Registry, so you'll hear "replay saved" voice when replays are backed up on Linux too.

I've never seen something like the screenshot you posted. But if it is always on top, it may be the Live APM info or Last game info overlay cards. You can toggle them (show/hide) in the Tools menu.


Thanks for explaining why things work and not work.

As for the APM overlay, it doesn't seem to be that. Tools > Live APM is greyed out, so I can't even turn it on. Not sure if that means something is broken or not.

You're right, I forgot about that. It's grayed out on Linux (disabled) because Live APM is not available on Linux.


All right, so does that mean that I have a window going on I cannot really control because it shouldn't be available? Haha. XD

No, it doesn't mean that. It was just a guess to explain what you experience, but I don't know what's that. And since APM Live is disabled on your OS, it is most likely not the case.
https://repmastered.icza.net
SC2Frozen
Profile Joined November 2012
Switzerland23 Posts
January 12 2015 23:36 GMT
#437
sc2gears had a file naming token for the season (very useful for splitting replays into folders on auto-save), but I can't seem to find it in scelight -- am I missing it?
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
January 13 2015 20:42 GMT
#438
On January 13 2015 08:36 SC2Frozen wrote:
sc2gears had a file naming token for the season (very useful for splitting replays into folders on auto-save), but I can't seem to find it in scelight -- am I missing it?

The season info is not stored in the replay. In Sc2gears it was decided by an internal season-date table which requires manual update on each season. This was not added/implemented in Scelight, and it is not correct anymore in Sc2gears as it was not updated for a long time now.
https://repmastered.icza.net
wUndertUnge
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1126 Posts
January 14 2015 04:50 GMT
#439
What is the best way to show the winner of a match in your file save parsing? My ideal way would just to show if I won or not, and I currently have this:

[dateTimeShort] [O][matchup][C] [map]

I tried putting in [winners], but it doesn't seem to be taking. Do I also need to include player names? It just seems a bit redundant...
Clan: QQGC - wundertunge#1850
TL+ Member
Jellicent
Profile Joined November 2012
Germany23 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-14 11:30:57
January 14 2015 11:26 GMT
#440
On January 12 2015 07:30 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
No, it doesn't mean that. It was just a guess to explain what you experience, but I don't know what's that. And since APM Live is disabled on your OS, it is most likely not the case.


Weirdly enough, the problem is gone. No funny rectangle anymore. It seems that it was a one time occurence only. Restarting Scelight itself didn't make it go away, but on the next boot it was gone.

If it happens again and I find out what the heck it is, I'll let you know.

Update: Right after posting this it's back again. I opened up the options and played around with the rename replays pattern option.
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 587
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs AqueroN
CranKy Ducklings164
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21402
Shuttle 11410
FanTaSy 1795
Hyuk 925
Horang2 577
BeSt 499
Mini 257
Stork 256
Pusan 240
Killer 136
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 134
Zeus 127
Last 123
Mind 98
ggaemo 67
Hyun 60
sorry 52
PianO 45
Snow 39
Bale 33
Sea.KH 31
ToSsGirL 30
JYJ 27
Hm[arnc] 26
Aegong 21
zelot 14
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe411
Counter-Strike
fl0m2022
byalli967
x6flipin241
Other Games
gofns27588
singsing2825
B2W.Neo663
ArmadaUGS85
Mew2King59
Livibee6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick731
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 32m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 32m
Replay Cast
11h 32m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 32m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 32m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.