• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:26
CEST 04:26
KST 11:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)24Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10049 users

WCS EU Season 3 Ro16 Groups - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
87 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
braller
Profile Joined January 2013
96 Posts
September 19 2013 07:17 GMT
#61
On September 19 2013 06:29 Otolia wrote:
It's funny to see NA citizens come here and brag about the strength of NA ... or should I say the strength of korean on foreign teams.

My rebuttal will be this one : Production quality and entertainment.


WCS KR has the strongest players, something that people have said many times, yet for some reason when people say that it isn't "bragging."
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
September 19 2013 07:21 GMT
#62
On September 19 2013 16:17 braller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2013 06:29 Otolia wrote:
It's funny to see NA citizens come here and brag about the strength of NA ... or should I say the strength of korean on foreign teams.

My rebuttal will be this one : Production quality and entertainment.


WCS KR has the strongest players, something that people have said many times, yet for some reason when people say that it isn't "bragging."

Because almost nobody posts on here from Korea, and the people that do don't need to brag about it because everybody knows it's true anyways.
¯\_(シ)_/¯
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
September 19 2013 07:54 GMT
#63
Genius will win this season
I believe
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
azzih
Profile Joined October 2012
Germany98 Posts
September 19 2013 07:59 GMT
#64
Will be interesting at least a few foreigners stand a chance to advance.
My predictions:
A: Stardust, Welmu
B: Vortix ,MC (Happy)
C: ForGG, Nerchio
D: Duckdeok, MMA

Well, at least we gonna see some foreigner vs. korean action here. Not like AM , witch is actually a WCS KR2 ...
Germany
Big-t
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria1351 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-19 08:37:41
September 19 2013 08:31 GMT
#65
Is it a coincidence that there are 2P 1Z 1T in every group or were those groups intentionally designed?
Anyway, my wishful predictions:

A: Happy - Welmu
B: Vortix - Thorzain
C: Nerchio - Genius
D: MMA - Titan
monchi | IdrA | Flash
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
September 19 2013 08:47 GMT
#66
I really hope more Koreans join WCS EU. We have very good players. Some are capable of taking down Koreans in all of their match ups and we have some players that can take down Koreans in their prime match up. Lots of good European players did really blow the ball this season.

Naniwa/TLO/Grubby/LucifroN/HasuObs ... they all seem to have performed below their standard level of play. I am not trying to bash them, I am really just suprised. One main point the Koreans are simply superior to non Koreans is consistency. You really don't have that many players in Korea that are shaky in their play. Obviously you have less consistency in them placing high, but thats due to insane skill levels in Korea moreso than them being shaky in their play.

There are exceptions, but less frequently than in Europe and America. anyways, looking forward to see how my Terran folks can do
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
Nerchio
Profile Joined October 2009
Poland2633 Posts
September 19 2013 08:59 GMT
#67
On September 19 2013 17:47 NarutO wrote:
I really hope more Koreans join WCS EU. We have very good players. Some are capable of taking down Koreans in all of their match ups and we have some players that can take down Koreans in their prime match up. Lots of good European players did really blow the ball this season.

Naniwa/TLO/Grubby/LucifroN/HasuObs ... they all seem to have performed below their standard level of play. I am not trying to bash them, I am really just suprised. One main point the Koreans are simply superior to non Koreans is consistency. You really don't have that many players in Korea that are shaky in their play. Obviously you have less consistency in them placing high, but thats due to insane skill levels in Korea moreso than them being shaky in their play.

There are exceptions, but less frequently than in Europe and America. anyways, looking forward to see how my Terran folks can do

Not sure what you are talking about, all the players are inconsistent in bigger tournaments beause that's how Starcraft2 works. Just look at Bomber, Life, DRG who are up and down all the time. Also bringing more koreans to europe will kill the scene and Starcraft2 with it. Imagine let's say if some 2 semi-good koreans came to europe and decided they want to play all day and take part in the tournaments including on-line ones leaving foreigners with no money sustain and there is a lot of them(mostly from ukraine/russia) that still play just because they can get that money.
Progamer"I am the best" - Nerchio , 2017.
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-19 09:09:18
September 19 2013 09:06 GMT
#68
On September 19 2013 17:59 Nerchio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2013 17:47 NarutO wrote:
I really hope more Koreans join WCS EU. We have very good players. Some are capable of taking down Koreans in all of their match ups and we have some players that can take down Koreans in their prime match up. Lots of good European players did really blow the ball this season.

Naniwa/TLO/Grubby/LucifroN/HasuObs ... they all seem to have performed below their standard level of play. I am not trying to bash them, I am really just suprised. One main point the Koreans are simply superior to non Koreans is consistency. You really don't have that many players in Korea that are shaky in their play. Obviously you have less consistency in them placing high, but thats due to insane skill levels in Korea moreso than them being shaky in their play.

There are exceptions, but less frequently than in Europe and America. anyways, looking forward to see how my Terran folks can do

Not sure what you are talking about, all the players are inconsistent in bigger tournaments beause that's how Starcraft2 works. Just look at Bomber, Life, DRG who are up and down all the time. Also bringing more koreans to europe will kill the scene and Starcraft2 with it. Imagine let's say if some 2 semi-good koreans came to europe and decided they want to play all day and take part in the tournaments including on-line ones leaving foreigners with no money sustain and there is a lot of them(mostly from ukraine/russia) that still play just because they can get that money.


You read my post so I am not sure why you point out Bomber, Life and DRG. Besides the standard volatility in results of Starcraft 2 games, there are players that are most stable and consistent compared to others. In addition I mentioned that the lack of consistency in Korea comes from

a) volatility of the game
b) skill difference being smaller

If you would send (as you said) good Koreans to Europe, they will perform better on average compared to non-Koreans. Not just because they are better, but also because they are better on average. They are more likely to perform well and more likely to perform better the higher the boX gets.

Also, I care about the highest level of play so while you have concerns about your future which I can completely relate to, I still want to see good players as often as possible, if this means more Koreans and fewer foreign players, I don't mind it at all.

That is not me saying I don't want to see foreign players. You are not my race but if you perform well against a good Korean, I am happy, because I think you deserve your time in the spotlight. Likewise I do like if HasuObs, Grubby or LucifroN do well against Koreans, but I don't think just because its WCS Europe, Europeans are entitled to that money. I believe they should have a hard time when they participate in such a high value league with the chance of global finals.

I don't want to see america and europe send 5/6 players each only to get the floor mobbed with at the Global Finals. I want the foreigners we sent to be worthy. I can name a few that would stand a chance even against good Koreans, those are rare but thats what makes it very cool to cheer for them, because they deserve the cheers (just my opinion)
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
Nerchio
Profile Joined October 2009
Poland2633 Posts
September 19 2013 09:10 GMT
#69
On September 19 2013 18:06 NarutO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2013 17:59 Nerchio wrote:
On September 19 2013 17:47 NarutO wrote:
I really hope more Koreans join WCS EU. We have very good players. Some are capable of taking down Koreans in all of their match ups and we have some players that can take down Koreans in their prime match up. Lots of good European players did really blow the ball this season.

Naniwa/TLO/Grubby/LucifroN/HasuObs ... they all seem to have performed below their standard level of play. I am not trying to bash them, I am really just suprised. One main point the Koreans are simply superior to non Koreans is consistency. You really don't have that many players in Korea that are shaky in their play. Obviously you have less consistency in them placing high, but thats due to insane skill levels in Korea moreso than them being shaky in their play.

There are exceptions, but less frequently than in Europe and America. anyways, looking forward to see how my Terran folks can do

Not sure what you are talking about, all the players are inconsistent in bigger tournaments beause that's how Starcraft2 works. Just look at Bomber, Life, DRG who are up and down all the time. Also bringing more koreans to europe will kill the scene and Starcraft2 with it. Imagine let's say if some 2 semi-good koreans came to europe and decided they want to play all day and take part in the tournaments including on-line ones leaving foreigners with no money sustain and there is a lot of them(mostly from ukraine/russia) that still play just because they can get that money.


You read my post so I am not sure why you point out Bomber, Life and DRG. Besides the standard volatility in results of Starcraft 2 games, there are players that are most stable and consistent compared to others. In addition I mentioned that the lack of consistency in Korea comes from

a) volatility of the game
b) skill difference being smaller

If you would send (as you said) good Koreans to Europe, they will perform better on average compared to non-Koreans. Not just because they are better, but also because they are better on average. They are more likely to perform well and more likely to perform better the higher the boX gets.

Also, I care about the highest level of play so while you have concerns about your future which I can completely relate to, I still want to see good players as often as possible, if this means more Koreans and fewer foreign players, I don't mind it at all.

For some reason I ignored the second part of your post in my brain but obviously they will be more consistent. What i don't understand is that you have Koreans playing in every region except EU and they all take part in non-WCS tournaments and yet you still want them to see in 1 tournament where foreigners can win something. People say they want to see the best games but sometimes it would be good if we saw something else as well. I hope you don't want to tell Kas you don't care about his sacrafice for the game just because he is not as good as Koreans?
Progamer"I am the best" - Nerchio , 2017.
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-19 09:16:02
September 19 2013 09:14 GMT
#70
I edited my post, you might want to read the edit as well. In fact, I would love to see more foreign events. I mean - foreign events for foreign players. European and American events. Smaller events with a pricepool that its worth fighting for but is enough to make progamers able to live their dream and sustain themselves.

I simply believe the biggest stage should not be locked from other players. If I had the money I would totally copy TotalBusicuit and Shoutcraft for Europe. I would run leagues with pricemoney in Europe. Unfortunately I am not a company. I don't want the foreign scene to d ie, I simply want the bigger stages (Dreamhack, WCS, MLG, IEM) to be open to anyone, while I want smaller tournaments (pricepool 5000€ .. maybe?) seperately for foreigners.

I hope you understand my point. I acknowledge all of the foreign players who put in a shit ton of work and I am not saying "step up your game, you suck". I know in fact a lot are working hard so I would never take away credit from them. I was very sad with Kas yesterday, but thats the life of a progamer. I simply wish there would be more tournaments with smaller prices.

Btw: Didn't you just win 2000$ ? And you can manage to get through that group as well, making it 3500$ :D!
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
holmesgenius
Profile Joined February 2013
Vietnam65 Posts
September 19 2013 09:28 GMT
#71
best players from NA: Liquid Taeja, EG Jaedong, Acer Scarlett, CM Polt, Liquid Hero
best players from KR: So many (i hope Flash is doing well this season)
Scarlett reminds me of Stephano. We need more experience players. That's why i miss season 1.
Terran imbalance ---- Zerg wins ---- Protoss advances
Avicularia
Profile Joined February 2012
540 Posts
September 19 2013 09:53 GMT
#72
I also think that Koreans in WCS Europe is not something we should watch - so any climatic. That's why WCS of each region is the elimination no main event, where all the best players from each continent meet. It's like letting Spain play in Africa football cup.
Well, some of Koreans live here for longer period of time. So let's say that's it's fine then. But coming to Europe just to beat some medium players (in their opinion) is not fair.
They can make more seeds from Korean region or something.
hipo
Profile Joined November 2010
France482 Posts
September 19 2013 11:43 GMT
#73
Heart:
Group A: Stardust and Welmu
Group B: MC and Vortix
Group C: ForGG and Genius
Group D: MMA and Duckdeok
NeThZOR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa7387 Posts
September 19 2013 12:09 GMT
#74
My predictions for these groups are:

Group A
Welmu and Stardust

Group B
Babyknight and Thorzain

Group C
ForGG and Showtime

Group D
MMA and duckdeok
SuperNova - 2015 | SKT1 fan for years | Dear, FlaSh, PartinG, Soulkey, Naniwa
Buchinsky
Profile Joined July 2013
Belgium10 Posts
September 19 2013 13:53 GMT
#75
On September 19 2013 12:40 NovemberstOrm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2013 11:57 tdt wrote:
How do they choose these groups? Seems rigged to have 4 groups with exactly 2 toss 1 zerg 1 terran.


Anyways...gogogo MC time to reclaim presidency from these upstarts.

2 1st place finishers + 2 2nd place finishers from the ro32 groups, anyone who played against each other in the ro32 cannot be placed into the same group as the other in the ro16. Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong on any of this.


That seems to be correct at first glance and how it should be, but I would also expect a fixed format.
Like group A in Ro16 consist of 1st place A and B and 2nd place C and D of Ro32.
I compared EU with KR and they have different setups it seems so i'm guessing they just wing it?

DinosaurPoop
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
687 Posts
September 19 2013 15:26 GMT
#76
TL user logic: group b has lots of recognizable names so its probably the hardest group
When cats speak, mice listen.
AlternativeEgo
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden17309 Posts
September 19 2013 16:01 GMT
#77
On September 20 2013 00:26 DinosaurPoop wrote:
TL user logic: group b has lots of recognizable names so its probably the hardest group


It's the weakest judged by average Aligulac points. Aligulac knows.
Mark Munoz looks like Gretorp
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
September 19 2013 16:39 GMT
#78
On September 20 2013 00:26 DinosaurPoop wrote:
TL user logic: group b has lots of recognizable names so its probably the hardest group

Probably weaker than D and C at least. But people see Thorzain and MC and think 2011/2012 Thorzain and MC.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
September 19 2013 16:42 GMT
#79
On September 20 2013 00:26 DinosaurPoop wrote:
TL user logic: group b has lots of recognizable names so its probably the hardest group

It is hardest to predict. You can predict possible outcomes of other groups judging by nobody will get to Ro8 thingy, yet Group B has 3 of 'em.
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
DinosaurPoop
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
687 Posts
September 19 2013 18:41 GMT
#80
On September 20 2013 01:42 lolfail9001 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2013 00:26 DinosaurPoop wrote:
TL user logic: group b has lots of recognizable names so its probably the hardest group

It is hardest to predict. You can predict possible outcomes of other groups judging by nobody will get to Ro8 thingy, yet Group B has 3 of 'em.

Wait so hardest group simply means hardest to predict?
When cats speak, mice listen.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 145
Nina 109
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12980
Rain 2149
Artosis 660
Dewaltoss 36
Bale 30
NaDa 30
Noble 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever458
NeuroSwarm168
League of Legends
Doublelift4937
Counter-Strike
taco 649
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1565
ArmadaUGS283
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1345
WinterStarcraft575
Other Games
summit1g9147
JimRising 630
PiGStarcraft350
C9.Mang0201
Maynarde180
ViBE105
ZombieGrub15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick876
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream125
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 113
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 34m
OSC
10h 34m
Stellar Fest
10h 34m
OSC
21h 34m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.