• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:28
CEST 11:28
KST 18:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9926 users

Changes for balance test map live - Page 34

Forum Index > SC2 General
1190 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 60 Next
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-13 11:02:11
August 13 2013 09:50 GMT
#661
"vipers are too vulnerable to feedback starting out with full energy" -- I think you can just waste energy if you feel you have excess, it adds some micro but I doubt it makes the unit weaker.

"vipers are too powerful versus mech now" -- vipers already have ways to gain energy quickly at only a small cost. Maxing your vipers out on energy usually takes less than a minute in game time, which is significant but manageable. It's going to make zerg more potent reacting, since by spawning new vipers they are likely to have more vipers with full energy so that instead of going into a rebuilding phase they can immediately counter and so on. I think it's a buff, but it's going to probably be not that much stronger than it already is. (outside of some timings which I am not knowledgeable about)

"blinding cloud should only be 10 seconds" -- most actual battles actually don't even last that long. The 20 second duration creates some positional maneuvering that would be lost otherwise.

"blinding cloud should reduce range by -5 instead of straight to 1" -- it would be preferred to have an ability have a straightforward effect of removing all range, only reducing it by -5 creates some exceptions and makes it more difficult to understand and instead of a clean ability it becomes more of a debuff. Though there is some precedent for this, as an example: EMP doesn't remove all the energy/shield from the enemy, it's capped at 100. This sometimes creates awkward situations where you hit a high templar that can still retaliate with feedback. But I guess it's more important to have good gameplay rather than have 'elegant gameplay'.
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
KawaiiRice
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2914 Posts
August 13 2013 09:51 GMT
#662
On August 13 2013 18:31 Tsubbi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 18:29 Ramiz1989 wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:06 Snowbear wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:02 MattD wrote:
On August 13 2013 17:56 Snowbear wrote:
I'm getting SICK of all these zergs acting like TvZ is TERRAN FAVOURED. Stop that. Seriously. Check out the GM ladder and you will notice how zergs are doing BETTER against terrans than terrans are doing against zerg. Yes, some zergs are losing in tournaments. But god forbid that the terrans they lose to are just better!

I also wondered why those zergs don't constantly link aligulac reports, like they did a month ago. Then I checked the site and I saw TvZ 51%. http://aligulac.com/reports. Seriously guys??? Trying to create the end of WOL all over again? Blizz is nice and gives a faster overseer and better vipers, but if you read the zerg comments then "it is not enough". Really, what is wrong with you guys?

So sad that 1 unit forces zerg micro, and oooohh it has to go down ASAP! So sad



You should actually try playing the game, it's pretty obvious to everyone that Terran reaches a point where the have so much bio and so many widow mines its impossible for zerg to get a cost efficient engagement, no one is saying the match up is un-winnable by any means, but most people acknowledge there are some issues with it. Percentages don't tell you shit about how the match up plays out.

I'd like to see you micro against 10-15 widow mines and come out of it decently


I play the game. I had to practice for 3 years to be able to get my micro up. I need to split like a madman. That's insanely hard. I need to multitask like a beast. I need to drop everywhere, while moving my army, burrowing in time, splitting my marines and actually targetting with my mines. Oh, and meanwhile I need to macro. Not hard enough?

But you poor puppy need need to split his ling bling now? You can't 1a anymore like in WOL? How unacceptable! Let's ask for widowmine nerfs.

And by the terran reaches so much 3-3 bio and mines, you should've moved away from muta ling bling. Your race is created for techswitches so please...

And "percentages don't tell us shit"? That's easy. Then I claim that ultralisks and broodlords are too strong. Why? Because it feels that way. Nooo noo noo, don't show me stats, they don't count! My own feeling is what counts. See what I did there?

You claim that something is strong, with 0 backup, just like you did in WOL. Blizzard listened in WOL, and the whole matchup went in zergs favour. Why? Because there was not a single problem with TvZ. If you change a matchup where there are no problems, then you create a problem. And so we went into 1 year of zerg domination.


Just lol. Let me quote KawaiiRice here:
On August 13 2013 04:36 KawaiiRice wrote:
i dont understand how overseer speed is supposed to help z keep up with 3 base bio rally when the biggest issue is the mechanical skill required/higher difficulty of controlling from z than t ?
how in the world in what planet was detection the problem? did they ask a z pro and they were like "WE REALLY NEED OVERSEER SPEED" ??

And right now, I completely agree with him. He is playing both Zerg and Terran at solid level, so I am pretty sure that at least he knows what he is talking about, if we don't.


exactly, this patch is doing nothing to solve the biggest problems and will probably add new ones with the viper and mech change

the only super hard part about zvt right now is the 3 base bio rally if T gets it running with momentum relatively unhindered. however there are many things Z can do to tip the scales in their favor: either by greeding harder upon seeing 3 CC (faster 4th, 85+ drones) or doing aggressive timings (2 base roach bane, 3 base saturation roach ling speedbane, 3 base ling speedbane). If those timings trade well, and they have a high chance of doing so since Z gets much more units than T at ~11-12 min if they want to spam units, T loses momentum completely and its ridiculously hard to come back in the game.

if something about T gets nerfed overly hard (such as mine nerfs) then tvz winrates are going to plummet because their other options are doing aggressive 2 base timings (which are terrible and rely on Z not scouting), mech (which flat out sucks) and marine tank, which is vastly inferior in mobility and gets crushed by blinding cloud. marine tank mine could be interesting but at the same time mines would be like bigger tank shots in the big army.

the current state of TvZ is theoretically better for zerg because of larva mechanic but of course games don't go 100% perfectly because z's make mistakes, and mines punish them for that. it would be really hard for blizz to nerf the 3 base bio mine rally without completely destroying the current meta of tvz.
@KawaiiRiceLighT
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
August 13 2013 09:52 GMT
#663
On August 13 2013 18:31 Tsubbi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 18:29 Ramiz1989 wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:06 Snowbear wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:02 MattD wrote:
On August 13 2013 17:56 Snowbear wrote:
I'm getting SICK of all these zergs acting like TvZ is TERRAN FAVOURED. Stop that. Seriously. Check out the GM ladder and you will notice how zergs are doing BETTER against terrans than terrans are doing against zerg. Yes, some zergs are losing in tournaments. But god forbid that the terrans they lose to are just better!

I also wondered why those zergs don't constantly link aligulac reports, like they did a month ago. Then I checked the site and I saw TvZ 51%. http://aligulac.com/reports. Seriously guys??? Trying to create the end of WOL all over again? Blizz is nice and gives a faster overseer and better vipers, but if you read the zerg comments then "it is not enough". Really, what is wrong with you guys?

So sad that 1 unit forces zerg micro, and oooohh it has to go down ASAP! So sad



You should actually try playing the game, it's pretty obvious to everyone that Terran reaches a point where the have so much bio and so many widow mines its impossible for zerg to get a cost efficient engagement, no one is saying the match up is un-winnable by any means, but most people acknowledge there are some issues with it. Percentages don't tell you shit about how the match up plays out.

I'd like to see you micro against 10-15 widow mines and come out of it decently


I play the game. I had to practice for 3 years to be able to get my micro up. I need to split like a madman. That's insanely hard. I need to multitask like a beast. I need to drop everywhere, while moving my army, burrowing in time, splitting my marines and actually targetting with my mines. Oh, and meanwhile I need to macro. Not hard enough?

But you poor puppy need need to split his ling bling now? You can't 1a anymore like in WOL? How unacceptable! Let's ask for widowmine nerfs.

And by the terran reaches so much 3-3 bio and mines, you should've moved away from muta ling bling. Your race is created for techswitches so please...

And "percentages don't tell us shit"? That's easy. Then I claim that ultralisks and broodlords are too strong. Why? Because it feels that way. Nooo noo noo, don't show me stats, they don't count! My own feeling is what counts. See what I did there?

You claim that something is strong, with 0 backup, just like you did in WOL. Blizzard listened in WOL, and the whole matchup went in zergs favour. Why? Because there was not a single problem with TvZ. If you change a matchup where there are no problems, then you create a problem. And so we went into 1 year of zerg domination.


Just lol. Let me quote KawaiiRice here:
On August 13 2013 04:36 KawaiiRice wrote:
i dont understand how overseer speed is supposed to help z keep up with 3 base bio rally when the biggest issue is the mechanical skill required/higher difficulty of controlling from z than t ?
how in the world in what planet was detection the problem? did they ask a z pro and they were like "WE REALLY NEED OVERSEER SPEED" ??

And right now, I completely agree with him. He is playing both Zerg and Terran at solid level, so I am pretty sure that at least he knows what he is talking about, if we don't.


exactly, this patch is doing nothing to solve the biggest problems and will probably add new ones with the viper and mech change


Well, I disagree with KawaiiRice on the Overseer. It's not a megabuff, but I think it will help quite a bit in many situations. Like, Overseers cannot get stimmed down easily anymore, Overseers keep up with mutas, so you don't have to rally mutas, then wait 20seconds before you harass, because the overseer(s) haven't caught up. Little stuff like that.
Also overseers aren't that bad at triggering a mine themselves, so you may sometimes just zoom in and trigger a mine with them now, as they can't get picked off by the marines as easily. Just little stuff like that.
Snowbear
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)1925 Posts
August 13 2013 09:52 GMT
#664
On August 13 2013 18:41 Swisslink wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 17:56 Snowbear wrote:
I'm getting SICK of all these zergs acting like TvZ is TERRAN FAVOURED. Stop that. Seriously. Check out the GM ladder and you will notice how zergs are doing BETTER against terrans than terrans are doing against zerg. Yes, some zergs are losing in tournaments. But god forbid that the terrans they lose to are just better!

I also wondered why those zergs don't constantly link aligulac reports, like they did a month ago. Then I checked the site and I saw TvZ 51%. http://aligulac.com/reports. Seriously guys??? Trying to create the end of WOL all over again? Blizz is nice and gives a faster overseer and better vipers, but if you read the zerg comments then "it is not enough". Really, what is wrong with you guys?

So sad that 1 unit forces zerg micro, and oooohh it has to go down ASAP! So sad

Go ask any highmaster - grandmaster terran about his TvZ. A lot of them will tell you the story about TvZ being their worst matchup, or as good as their other. But their best matchup? No.


You see absolutely no issues in TvZ? I mean, it's absolutely ok that Zerg has to Roach/Bane all in every game unless they're just miles ahead skillwise?
As soon as the Terran reaches 3/3, the Zerg is basically dead, almost every single professional tournament in the last few month proves that point. If there isn't a huge skill difference between the players with the Zerg being the better one (Scarlett vs alive as an example) Zerg will barely win a map past the 15min mark. That's simply a fact and there has been more than enough prove for it lately.

You seem to forget a few things, because you're obviously terribly biased towards Terran:

1. You can micro against Banelings, right. But you shouldn't really compare them to Widow Mines. In contrast to banelings, Widow Mines are invisible and no one's able to split once the widow mine shot is on the way. Because... You know... The shot moves kinda fast.

2. Zerg should tech switch? How many pro-games ZvT have you seen lately? The Zerg normally needs ALL his larva to stay alive while the Terran is on 2/2. And: Tech Switches before Hive Tech don't really help - and normally it's over once the Zerg reaches Hive Tech, because the Terran already got 3/3 before any Ultralisks are out.
The Zerg is in a purely defensive position, you can't expect them to be able to tech switch in such a situation, because it's not really possible if the Terran plays the style properly. Even for Zerg a tech switch needs some time - and you'll never get this time.

3. Well... Ask the top Zerg how they think about ZvT... They probably won't like it, simply because... Who likes to lose all the time? :-)

Nobody wants Late WoL back, because free wins in late game are boring - You seem to feel different if its the Terran who's unstoppable as soon as 3/3 hits.
And btw: it's not too much fun to play if you have to defend all game long, never even leaving the 4th base because you need every single unit to stay alive. Even if you completely ignore the facts (-> Balance issues), the gameplay for Zerg just sucks right now in ZvT and somehow has to be changed.


If what you say is true, then I would see a ton of roach ling bling allins in ZvT progames atm. Guess what mate, I see 70% macrogames. Then why is TvZ so balanced at the toplevel? http://aligulac.com/reports/ here you go.

1. The widowmine shots fast, agreed. But you got a FAST MOVING widowmine, aka the baneling .

2. Zergs are trading fine in the midgame. Meanwhile you can tech. Then instead of making 50 lings, you make higher techunits. There is your larvae . Watch scarlett against alive, then come back.

3. The top zergs lose all the time? Take a nice look at this post: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=255254&currentpage=681#13615
It shows how the top zergs win more against the terran then the terrans win against zergs. Hello .

Terran unstoppable once they hit 3-3? You trolling?

When I read your post, I expect bad tvz winrates. Then again, why is it 51%? http://aligulac.com/reports
SsDrKosS
Profile Joined March 2013
330 Posts
August 13 2013 09:52 GMT
#665
On August 13 2013 18:42 Snowbear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 18:20 double1185 wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:06 Snowbear wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:02 MattD wrote:
On August 13 2013 17:56 Snowbear wrote:
I'm getting SICK of all these zergs acting like TvZ is TERRAN FAVOURED. Stop that. Seriously. Check out the GM ladder and you will notice how zergs are doing BETTER against terrans than terrans are doing against zerg. Yes, some zergs are losing in tournaments. But god forbid that the terrans they lose to are just better!

I also wondered why those zergs don't constantly link aligulac reports, like they did a month ago. Then I checked the site and I saw TvZ 51%. http://aligulac.com/reports. Seriously guys??? Trying to create the end of WOL all over again? Blizz is nice and gives a faster overseer and better vipers, but if you read the zerg comments then "it is not enough". Really, what is wrong with you guys?

So sad that 1 unit forces zerg micro, and oooohh it has to go down ASAP! So sad



You should actually try playing the game, it's pretty obvious to everyone that Terran reaches a point where the have so much bio and so many widow mines its impossible for zerg to get a cost efficient engagement, no one is saying the match up is un-winnable by any means, but most people acknowledge there are some issues with it. Percentages don't tell you shit about how the match up plays out.

I'd like to see you micro against 10-15 widow mines and come out of it decently


I play the game. I had to practice for 3 years to be able to get my micro up. I need to split like a madman. That's insanely hard. I need to multitask like a beast. I need to drop everywhere, while moving my army, burrowing in time, splitting my marines and actually targetting with my mines. Oh, and meanwhile I need to macro. Not hard enough?

But you poor puppy need need to split his ling bling now? You can't 1a anymore like in WOL? How unacceptable! Let's ask for widowmine nerfs.

And by the terran reaches so much 3-3 bio and mines, you should've moved away from muta ling bling. Your race is created for techswitches so please...

And "percentages don't tell us shit"? That's easy. Then I claim that ultralisks and broodlords are too strong. Why? Because it feels that way. Nooo noo noo, don't show me stats, they don't count! My own feeling is what counts. See what I did there?

You claim that something is strong, with 0 backup, just like you did in WOL. Blizzard listened in WOL, and the whole matchup went in zergs favour. Why? Because there was not a single problem with TvZ. If you change a matchup where there are no problems, then you create a problem. And so we went into 1 year of zerg domination.

I dont think a Z equally lvl as a T has to do any less multitask so please cut the crap of u have to do so much, i dont know where u look at but clearly in the scene of pro SC2 atm the rate of Z is really low as low as some of the first day of WoL and every terran TvZ go bio-mine just like every Z at the end of WoL go broodlord/infestor so either there is not a good enough Z player at the same lvl as current top T players or simply there is a problem w/ the game and i go for the second one


Zergs now need to work as hard as the terran. That's what I'm saying. You can't 1a anymore and you need to practice now. The freewin WOL days are OVER.

And this IS the proscene: http://aligulac.com/reports. It says 51%. Thats BALANCED. So please, stop with your fiction.


Bro. read this and say something.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Game_Balance
Snowbear
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)1925 Posts
August 13 2013 09:54 GMT
#666
On August 13 2013 18:29 Ramiz1989 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 18:06 Snowbear wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:02 MattD wrote:
On August 13 2013 17:56 Snowbear wrote:
I'm getting SICK of all these zergs acting like TvZ is TERRAN FAVOURED. Stop that. Seriously. Check out the GM ladder and you will notice how zergs are doing BETTER against terrans than terrans are doing against zerg. Yes, some zergs are losing in tournaments. But god forbid that the terrans they lose to are just better!

I also wondered why those zergs don't constantly link aligulac reports, like they did a month ago. Then I checked the site and I saw TvZ 51%. http://aligulac.com/reports. Seriously guys??? Trying to create the end of WOL all over again? Blizz is nice and gives a faster overseer and better vipers, but if you read the zerg comments then "it is not enough". Really, what is wrong with you guys?

So sad that 1 unit forces zerg micro, and oooohh it has to go down ASAP! So sad



You should actually try playing the game, it's pretty obvious to everyone that Terran reaches a point where the have so much bio and so many widow mines its impossible for zerg to get a cost efficient engagement, no one is saying the match up is un-winnable by any means, but most people acknowledge there are some issues with it. Percentages don't tell you shit about how the match up plays out.

I'd like to see you micro against 10-15 widow mines and come out of it decently


I play the game. I had to practice for 3 years to be able to get my micro up. I need to split like a madman. That's insanely hard. I need to multitask like a beast. I need to drop everywhere, while moving my army, burrowing in time, splitting my marines and actually targetting with my mines. Oh, and meanwhile I need to macro. Not hard enough?

But you poor puppy need need to split his ling bling now? You can't 1a anymore like in WOL? How unacceptable! Let's ask for widowmine nerfs.

And by the terran reaches so much 3-3 bio and mines, you should've moved away from muta ling bling. Your race is created for techswitches so please...

And "percentages don't tell us shit"? That's easy. Then I claim that ultralisks and broodlords are too strong. Why? Because it feels that way. Nooo noo noo, don't show me stats, they don't count! My own feeling is what counts. See what I did there?

You claim that something is strong, with 0 backup, just like you did in WOL. Blizzard listened in WOL, and the whole matchup went in zergs favour. Why? Because there was not a single problem with TvZ. If you change a matchup where there are no problems, then you create a problem. And so we went into 1 year of zerg domination.


Just lol. Let me quote KawaiiRice here:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 04:36 KawaiiRice wrote:
i dont understand how overseer speed is supposed to help z keep up with 3 base bio rally when the biggest issue is the mechanical skill required/higher difficulty of controlling from z than t ?
how in the world in what planet was detection the problem? did they ask a z pro and they were like "WE REALLY NEED OVERSEER SPEED" ??

And right now, I completely agree with him. He is playing both Zerg and Terran at solid level, so I am pretty sure that at least he knows what he is talking about, if we don't.


Let me quote kawairice for you:

On August 13 2013 18:51 KawaiiRice wrote:
the current state of TvZ is theoretically better for zerg because of larva mechanic but of course games don't go 100% perfectly because z's make mistakes, and mines punish them for that. it would be really hard for blizz to nerf the 3 base bio mine rally without completely destroying the current meta of tvz.

Snowbear
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)1925 Posts
August 13 2013 09:54 GMT
#667
On August 13 2013 18:52 SsDrKosS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 18:42 Snowbear wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:20 double1185 wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:06 Snowbear wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:02 MattD wrote:
On August 13 2013 17:56 Snowbear wrote:
I'm getting SICK of all these zergs acting like TvZ is TERRAN FAVOURED. Stop that. Seriously. Check out the GM ladder and you will notice how zergs are doing BETTER against terrans than terrans are doing against zerg. Yes, some zergs are losing in tournaments. But god forbid that the terrans they lose to are just better!

I also wondered why those zergs don't constantly link aligulac reports, like they did a month ago. Then I checked the site and I saw TvZ 51%. http://aligulac.com/reports. Seriously guys??? Trying to create the end of WOL all over again? Blizz is nice and gives a faster overseer and better vipers, but if you read the zerg comments then "it is not enough". Really, what is wrong with you guys?

So sad that 1 unit forces zerg micro, and oooohh it has to go down ASAP! So sad



You should actually try playing the game, it's pretty obvious to everyone that Terran reaches a point where the have so much bio and so many widow mines its impossible for zerg to get a cost efficient engagement, no one is saying the match up is un-winnable by any means, but most people acknowledge there are some issues with it. Percentages don't tell you shit about how the match up plays out.

I'd like to see you micro against 10-15 widow mines and come out of it decently


I play the game. I had to practice for 3 years to be able to get my micro up. I need to split like a madman. That's insanely hard. I need to multitask like a beast. I need to drop everywhere, while moving my army, burrowing in time, splitting my marines and actually targetting with my mines. Oh, and meanwhile I need to macro. Not hard enough?

But you poor puppy need need to split his ling bling now? You can't 1a anymore like in WOL? How unacceptable! Let's ask for widowmine nerfs.

And by the terran reaches so much 3-3 bio and mines, you should've moved away from muta ling bling. Your race is created for techswitches so please...

And "percentages don't tell us shit"? That's easy. Then I claim that ultralisks and broodlords are too strong. Why? Because it feels that way. Nooo noo noo, don't show me stats, they don't count! My own feeling is what counts. See what I did there?

You claim that something is strong, with 0 backup, just like you did in WOL. Blizzard listened in WOL, and the whole matchup went in zergs favour. Why? Because there was not a single problem with TvZ. If you change a matchup where there are no problems, then you create a problem. And so we went into 1 year of zerg domination.

I dont think a Z equally lvl as a T has to do any less multitask so please cut the crap of u have to do so much, i dont know where u look at but clearly in the scene of pro SC2 atm the rate of Z is really low as low as some of the first day of WoL and every terran TvZ go bio-mine just like every Z at the end of WoL go broodlord/infestor so either there is not a good enough Z player at the same lvl as current top T players or simply there is a problem w/ the game and i go for the second one


Zergs now need to work as hard as the terran. That's what I'm saying. You can't 1a anymore and you need to practice now. The freewin WOL days are OVER.

And this IS the proscene: http://aligulac.com/reports. It says 51%. Thats BALANCED. So please, stop with your fiction.


Bro. read this and say something.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Game_Balance


Bro. The numbers are 51%. Your balance claims are fiction.
5unrise
Profile Joined May 2009
New Zealand646 Posts
August 13 2013 09:55 GMT
#668
On August 13 2013 18:54 Snowbear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 18:29 Ramiz1989 wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:06 Snowbear wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:02 MattD wrote:
On August 13 2013 17:56 Snowbear wrote:
I'm getting SICK of all these zergs acting like TvZ is TERRAN FAVOURED. Stop that. Seriously. Check out the GM ladder and you will notice how zergs are doing BETTER against terrans than terrans are doing against zerg. Yes, some zergs are losing in tournaments. But god forbid that the terrans they lose to are just better!

I also wondered why those zergs don't constantly link aligulac reports, like they did a month ago. Then I checked the site and I saw TvZ 51%. http://aligulac.com/reports. Seriously guys??? Trying to create the end of WOL all over again? Blizz is nice and gives a faster overseer and better vipers, but if you read the zerg comments then "it is not enough". Really, what is wrong with you guys?

So sad that 1 unit forces zerg micro, and oooohh it has to go down ASAP! So sad



You should actually try playing the game, it's pretty obvious to everyone that Terran reaches a point where the have so much bio and so many widow mines its impossible for zerg to get a cost efficient engagement, no one is saying the match up is un-winnable by any means, but most people acknowledge there are some issues with it. Percentages don't tell you shit about how the match up plays out.

I'd like to see you micro against 10-15 widow mines and come out of it decently


I play the game. I had to practice for 3 years to be able to get my micro up. I need to split like a madman. That's insanely hard. I need to multitask like a beast. I need to drop everywhere, while moving my army, burrowing in time, splitting my marines and actually targetting with my mines. Oh, and meanwhile I need to macro. Not hard enough?

But you poor puppy need need to split his ling bling now? You can't 1a anymore like in WOL? How unacceptable! Let's ask for widowmine nerfs.

And by the terran reaches so much 3-3 bio and mines, you should've moved away from muta ling bling. Your race is created for techswitches so please...

And "percentages don't tell us shit"? That's easy. Then I claim that ultralisks and broodlords are too strong. Why? Because it feels that way. Nooo noo noo, don't show me stats, they don't count! My own feeling is what counts. See what I did there?

You claim that something is strong, with 0 backup, just like you did in WOL. Blizzard listened in WOL, and the whole matchup went in zergs favour. Why? Because there was not a single problem with TvZ. If you change a matchup where there are no problems, then you create a problem. And so we went into 1 year of zerg domination.


Just lol. Let me quote KawaiiRice here:
On August 13 2013 04:36 KawaiiRice wrote:
i dont understand how overseer speed is supposed to help z keep up with 3 base bio rally when the biggest issue is the mechanical skill required/higher difficulty of controlling from z than t ?
how in the world in what planet was detection the problem? did they ask a z pro and they were like "WE REALLY NEED OVERSEER SPEED" ??

And right now, I completely agree with him. He is playing both Zerg and Terran at solid level, so I am pretty sure that at least he knows what he is talking about, if we don't.


Let me quote kawairice for you:

Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 18:51 KawaiiRice wrote:
the current state of TvZ is theoretically better for zerg because of larva mechanic but of course games don't go 100% perfectly because z's make mistakes, and mines punish them for that. it would be really hard for blizz to nerf the 3 base bio mine rally without completely destroying the current meta of tvz.



You guys are really just posting bits of his post that suits your viewpoints and ignoring the rest. I think the argument he advanced is more balanced, with a slight caution to the design team on how they should proceed.
SsDrKosS
Profile Joined March 2013
330 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-13 10:00:09
August 13 2013 09:58 GMT
#669
On August 13 2013 18:54 Snowbear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 18:52 SsDrKosS wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:42 Snowbear wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:20 double1185 wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:06 Snowbear wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:02 MattD wrote:
On August 13 2013 17:56 Snowbear wrote:
I'm getting SICK of all these zergs acting like TvZ is TERRAN FAVOURED. Stop that. Seriously. Check out the GM ladder and you will notice how zergs are doing BETTER against terrans than terrans are doing against zerg. Yes, some zergs are losing in tournaments. But god forbid that the terrans they lose to are just better!

I also wondered why those zergs don't constantly link aligulac reports, like they did a month ago. Then I checked the site and I saw TvZ 51%. http://aligulac.com/reports. Seriously guys??? Trying to create the end of WOL all over again? Blizz is nice and gives a faster overseer and better vipers, but if you read the zerg comments then "it is not enough". Really, what is wrong with you guys?

So sad that 1 unit forces zerg micro, and oooohh it has to go down ASAP! So sad



You should actually try playing the game, it's pretty obvious to everyone that Terran reaches a point where the have so much bio and so many widow mines its impossible for zerg to get a cost efficient engagement, no one is saying the match up is un-winnable by any means, but most people acknowledge there are some issues with it. Percentages don't tell you shit about how the match up plays out.

I'd like to see you micro against 10-15 widow mines and come out of it decently


I play the game. I had to practice for 3 years to be able to get my micro up. I need to split like a madman. That's insanely hard. I need to multitask like a beast. I need to drop everywhere, while moving my army, burrowing in time, splitting my marines and actually targetting with my mines. Oh, and meanwhile I need to macro. Not hard enough?

But you poor puppy need need to split his ling bling now? You can't 1a anymore like in WOL? How unacceptable! Let's ask for widowmine nerfs.

And by the terran reaches so much 3-3 bio and mines, you should've moved away from muta ling bling. Your race is created for techswitches so please...

And "percentages don't tell us shit"? That's easy. Then I claim that ultralisks and broodlords are too strong. Why? Because it feels that way. Nooo noo noo, don't show me stats, they don't count! My own feeling is what counts. See what I did there?

You claim that something is strong, with 0 backup, just like you did in WOL. Blizzard listened in WOL, and the whole matchup went in zergs favour. Why? Because there was not a single problem with TvZ. If you change a matchup where there are no problems, then you create a problem. And so we went into 1 year of zerg domination.

I dont think a Z equally lvl as a T has to do any less multitask so please cut the crap of u have to do so much, i dont know where u look at but clearly in the scene of pro SC2 atm the rate of Z is really low as low as some of the first day of WoL and every terran TvZ go bio-mine just like every Z at the end of WoL go broodlord/infestor so either there is not a good enough Z player at the same lvl as current top T players or simply there is a problem w/ the game and i go for the second one


Zergs now need to work as hard as the terran. That's what I'm saying. You can't 1a anymore and you need to practice now. The freewin WOL days are OVER.

And this IS the proscene: http://aligulac.com/reports. It says 51%. Thats BALANCED. So please, stop with your fiction.


Bro. read this and say something.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Game_Balance


Bro. The numbers are 51%. Your balance claims are fiction.

Bro. READ
quoting from http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Game_Balance

(Quote) Balance vs. Fairness
Myth: If a player wins 50% of the time when playing against an equally skilled player, the game is balanced.

Gimps and OP units don't necessarily affect the probability of victory. Consider a game similar to rock-paper-scissors that has one more option "pinky" which always loses when used. The game rock-paper-scissors-pinky is imbalanced because it has a "gimp". No player would ever use the "pinky". Rock-paper-scissors-pinky is a fair game but its units aren't well balanced
(Quote)

The game is fair. I never said the game itself is so broken as hell. what I said was one 'specific unit' is not balanced (not totally broken, but broken.)

KawaiiRice
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2914 Posts
August 13 2013 10:06 GMT
#670
On August 13 2013 18:52 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 18:31 Tsubbi wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:29 Ramiz1989 wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:06 Snowbear wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:02 MattD wrote:
On August 13 2013 17:56 Snowbear wrote:
I'm getting SICK of all these zergs acting like TvZ is TERRAN FAVOURED. Stop that. Seriously. Check out the GM ladder and you will notice how zergs are doing BETTER against terrans than terrans are doing against zerg. Yes, some zergs are losing in tournaments. But god forbid that the terrans they lose to are just better!

I also wondered why those zergs don't constantly link aligulac reports, like they did a month ago. Then I checked the site and I saw TvZ 51%. http://aligulac.com/reports. Seriously guys??? Trying to create the end of WOL all over again? Blizz is nice and gives a faster overseer and better vipers, but if you read the zerg comments then "it is not enough". Really, what is wrong with you guys?

So sad that 1 unit forces zerg micro, and oooohh it has to go down ASAP! So sad



You should actually try playing the game, it's pretty obvious to everyone that Terran reaches a point where the have so much bio and so many widow mines its impossible for zerg to get a cost efficient engagement, no one is saying the match up is un-winnable by any means, but most people acknowledge there are some issues with it. Percentages don't tell you shit about how the match up plays out.

I'd like to see you micro against 10-15 widow mines and come out of it decently


I play the game. I had to practice for 3 years to be able to get my micro up. I need to split like a madman. That's insanely hard. I need to multitask like a beast. I need to drop everywhere, while moving my army, burrowing in time, splitting my marines and actually targetting with my mines. Oh, and meanwhile I need to macro. Not hard enough?

But you poor puppy need need to split his ling bling now? You can't 1a anymore like in WOL? How unacceptable! Let's ask for widowmine nerfs.

And by the terran reaches so much 3-3 bio and mines, you should've moved away from muta ling bling. Your race is created for techswitches so please...

And "percentages don't tell us shit"? That's easy. Then I claim that ultralisks and broodlords are too strong. Why? Because it feels that way. Nooo noo noo, don't show me stats, they don't count! My own feeling is what counts. See what I did there?

You claim that something is strong, with 0 backup, just like you did in WOL. Blizzard listened in WOL, and the whole matchup went in zergs favour. Why? Because there was not a single problem with TvZ. If you change a matchup where there are no problems, then you create a problem. And so we went into 1 year of zerg domination.


Just lol. Let me quote KawaiiRice here:
On August 13 2013 04:36 KawaiiRice wrote:
i dont understand how overseer speed is supposed to help z keep up with 3 base bio rally when the biggest issue is the mechanical skill required/higher difficulty of controlling from z than t ?
how in the world in what planet was detection the problem? did they ask a z pro and they were like "WE REALLY NEED OVERSEER SPEED" ??

And right now, I completely agree with him. He is playing both Zerg and Terran at solid level, so I am pretty sure that at least he knows what he is talking about, if we don't.


exactly, this patch is doing nothing to solve the biggest problems and will probably add new ones with the viper and mech change


Well, I disagree with KawaiiRice on the Overseer. It's not a megabuff, but I think it will help quite a bit in many situations. Like, Overseers cannot get stimmed down easily anymore, Overseers keep up with mutas, so you don't have to rally mutas, then wait 20seconds before you harass, because the overseer(s) haven't caught up. Little stuff like that.
Also overseers aren't that bad at triggering a mine themselves, so you may sometimes just zoom in and trigger a mine with them now, as they can't get picked off by the marines as easily. Just little stuff like that.

overseer buff is helpful but my point was it doesnt address the most problematic or "imbalanced" (i dont think its imba, but it is t favored) scenario we see in current tvz. obviously it helps in a lot of other scenarios.
@KawaiiRiceLighT
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-13 10:09:10
August 13 2013 10:08 GMT
#671
1. Overseer - meh. I dabble in Zerg offrace sometimes and I play random in 4v4 so I get it there but not enough to know how much this will effect anything. Good buff I guess? Doesn't really effect anything except making it a little easier to keep them alive, although it'll make it more annoying to do anything with DTs.


2. Combined upgrades - worth a try out anyway. If nothing else it'll quieten a bunch of Terran complaints over this kind of thing.


3. Viper - Ok, as long as we can get Khaydarin Amulet back, no joke.

So...Vipers...not only do they regenerate energy as normal they ALSO can get energy from consuming buildings AND start with full energy? Thats not going to be absolutely ridiculous in ZvP no sir. Or how about that blinding cloud against Terran hmmm? Vipers are already a solid choice in both non-mirror matchups either for picking off key targets or (especially in TvZ) for blinding the enemy before an engagement letting you close the distance. What, exactly, needed a buff here?
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-13 10:13:20
August 13 2013 10:12 GMT
#672
On August 13 2013 19:06 KawaiiRice wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 18:52 Big J wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:31 Tsubbi wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:29 Ramiz1989 wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:06 Snowbear wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:02 MattD wrote:
On August 13 2013 17:56 Snowbear wrote:
I'm getting SICK of all these zergs acting like TvZ is TERRAN FAVOURED. Stop that. Seriously. Check out the GM ladder and you will notice how zergs are doing BETTER against terrans than terrans are doing against zerg. Yes, some zergs are losing in tournaments. But god forbid that the terrans they lose to are just better!

I also wondered why those zergs don't constantly link aligulac reports, like they did a month ago. Then I checked the site and I saw TvZ 51%. http://aligulac.com/reports. Seriously guys??? Trying to create the end of WOL all over again? Blizz is nice and gives a faster overseer and better vipers, but if you read the zerg comments then "it is not enough". Really, what is wrong with you guys?

So sad that 1 unit forces zerg micro, and oooohh it has to go down ASAP! So sad



You should actually try playing the game, it's pretty obvious to everyone that Terran reaches a point where the have so much bio and so many widow mines its impossible for zerg to get a cost efficient engagement, no one is saying the match up is un-winnable by any means, but most people acknowledge there are some issues with it. Percentages don't tell you shit about how the match up plays out.

I'd like to see you micro against 10-15 widow mines and come out of it decently


I play the game. I had to practice for 3 years to be able to get my micro up. I need to split like a madman. That's insanely hard. I need to multitask like a beast. I need to drop everywhere, while moving my army, burrowing in time, splitting my marines and actually targetting with my mines. Oh, and meanwhile I need to macro. Not hard enough?

But you poor puppy need need to split his ling bling now? You can't 1a anymore like in WOL? How unacceptable! Let's ask for widowmine nerfs.

And by the terran reaches so much 3-3 bio and mines, you should've moved away from muta ling bling. Your race is created for techswitches so please...

And "percentages don't tell us shit"? That's easy. Then I claim that ultralisks and broodlords are too strong. Why? Because it feels that way. Nooo noo noo, don't show me stats, they don't count! My own feeling is what counts. See what I did there?

You claim that something is strong, with 0 backup, just like you did in WOL. Blizzard listened in WOL, and the whole matchup went in zergs favour. Why? Because there was not a single problem with TvZ. If you change a matchup where there are no problems, then you create a problem. And so we went into 1 year of zerg domination.


Just lol. Let me quote KawaiiRice here:
On August 13 2013 04:36 KawaiiRice wrote:
i dont understand how overseer speed is supposed to help z keep up with 3 base bio rally when the biggest issue is the mechanical skill required/higher difficulty of controlling from z than t ?
how in the world in what planet was detection the problem? did they ask a z pro and they were like "WE REALLY NEED OVERSEER SPEED" ??

And right now, I completely agree with him. He is playing both Zerg and Terran at solid level, so I am pretty sure that at least he knows what he is talking about, if we don't.


exactly, this patch is doing nothing to solve the biggest problems and will probably add new ones with the viper and mech change


Well, I disagree with KawaiiRice on the Overseer. It's not a megabuff, but I think it will help quite a bit in many situations. Like, Overseers cannot get stimmed down easily anymore, Overseers keep up with mutas, so you don't have to rally mutas, then wait 20seconds before you harass, because the overseer(s) haven't caught up. Little stuff like that.
Also overseers aren't that bad at triggering a mine themselves, so you may sometimes just zoom in and trigger a mine with them now, as they can't get picked off by the marines as easily. Just little stuff like that.

overseer buff is helpful but my point was it doesnt address the most problematic or "imbalanced" (i dont think its imba, but it is t favored) scenario we see in current tvz. obviously it helps in a lot of other scenarios.


oh well, that's true. But do we want them to straight up adress what players struggle with currently?
I like their approach. Doesn't really change the strategies, but statistically makes zerg stronger because more forgiving against mines in many applications.
raga4ka
Profile Joined February 2008
Bulgaria5679 Posts
August 13 2013 10:16 GMT
#673
On August 13 2013 04:26 Plansix wrote:
Blizzard's plans: Buff everything.

I endorse this plan.


A lot better then their plan in WOL - Which is nerf everything .
goody153
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
44306 Posts
August 13 2013 10:17 GMT
#674
On August 13 2013 19:16 raga4ka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 04:26 Plansix wrote:
Blizzard's plans: Buff everything.

I endorse this plan.


A lot better then their plan in WOL - Which is nerf everything .


Me too !
this is a quote
Swisslink
Profile Joined March 2011
2958 Posts
August 13 2013 10:18 GMT
#675
On August 13 2013 18:52 Snowbear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 18:41 Swisslink wrote:
On August 13 2013 17:56 Snowbear wrote:
I'm getting SICK of all these zergs acting like TvZ is TERRAN FAVOURED. Stop that. Seriously. Check out the GM ladder and you will notice how zergs are doing BETTER against terrans than terrans are doing against zerg. Yes, some zergs are losing in tournaments. But god forbid that the terrans they lose to are just better!

I also wondered why those zergs don't constantly link aligulac reports, like they did a month ago. Then I checked the site and I saw TvZ 51%. http://aligulac.com/reports. Seriously guys??? Trying to create the end of WOL all over again? Blizz is nice and gives a faster overseer and better vipers, but if you read the zerg comments then "it is not enough". Really, what is wrong with you guys?

So sad that 1 unit forces zerg micro, and oooohh it has to go down ASAP! So sad

Go ask any highmaster - grandmaster terran about his TvZ. A lot of them will tell you the story about TvZ being their worst matchup, or as good as their other. But their best matchup? No.


You see absolutely no issues in TvZ? I mean, it's absolutely ok that Zerg has to Roach/Bane all in every game unless they're just miles ahead skillwise?
As soon as the Terran reaches 3/3, the Zerg is basically dead, almost every single professional tournament in the last few month proves that point. If there isn't a huge skill difference between the players with the Zerg being the better one (Scarlett vs alive as an example) Zerg will barely win a map past the 15min mark. That's simply a fact and there has been more than enough prove for it lately.

You seem to forget a few things, because you're obviously terribly biased towards Terran:

1. You can micro against Banelings, right. But you shouldn't really compare them to Widow Mines. In contrast to banelings, Widow Mines are invisible and no one's able to split once the widow mine shot is on the way. Because... You know... The shot moves kinda fast.

2. Zerg should tech switch? How many pro-games ZvT have you seen lately? The Zerg normally needs ALL his larva to stay alive while the Terran is on 2/2. And: Tech Switches before Hive Tech don't really help - and normally it's over once the Zerg reaches Hive Tech, because the Terran already got 3/3 before any Ultralisks are out.
The Zerg is in a purely defensive position, you can't expect them to be able to tech switch in such a situation, because it's not really possible if the Terran plays the style properly. Even for Zerg a tech switch needs some time - and you'll never get this time.

3. Well... Ask the top Zerg how they think about ZvT... They probably won't like it, simply because... Who likes to lose all the time? :-)

Nobody wants Late WoL back, because free wins in late game are boring - You seem to feel different if its the Terran who's unstoppable as soon as 3/3 hits.
And btw: it's not too much fun to play if you have to defend all game long, never even leaving the 4th base because you need every single unit to stay alive. Even if you completely ignore the facts (-> Balance issues), the gameplay for Zerg just sucks right now in ZvT and somehow has to be changed.


If what you say is true, then I would see a ton of roach ling bling allins in ZvT progames atm. Guess what mate, I see 70% macrogames. Then why is TvZ so balanced at the toplevel? http://aligulac.com/reports/ here you go.

1. The widowmine shots fast, agreed. But you got a FAST MOVING widowmine, aka the baneling .

2. Zergs are trading fine in the midgame. Meanwhile you can tech. Then instead of making 50 lings, you make higher techunits. There is your larvae . Watch scarlett against alive, then come back.

3. The top zergs lose all the time? Take a nice look at this post: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=255254&currentpage=681#13615
It shows how the top zergs win more against the terran then the terrans win against zergs. Hello .

Terran unstoppable once they hit 3-3? You trolling?

When I read your post, I expect bad tvz winrates. Then again, why is it 51%? http://aligulac.com/reports


1. I see 70% macro games too - just barely ever see a Zerg winning. Have watched almost every single WCS Game (+ some other tournaments) the last few weeks and if someone would ask me which Zerg actually won agains Terran in a macro game... Scarlett vs alive, someone again Theognis and Hyun beat a terran, don't know which. Almost all the other Zerg eithe all inned (hyvaa) or lost.
And to adress the example of Scarlett - alive: Scarlett simply outclassed him. Or... Alive tried to do too mich at once and his miltitasking was too bad for what he tried to do. I think he would have done better wirhout the constant deops behind the bio/mine aggression.

2. Zerg trade well in midgame? Well... After a clash, how many units has the Zerg left midgame? Mutalisks, the rest is normally gone. Wouldn't consider that a good trade - it's not bad, but it doesn't give you the security to switch your Tech.

3. Ladder stats are bad, because you don't know who they play and HOW they win. Especially in Korea most players don't really practice on ladder.

4. Nope, not trolling, normally the Terran wins as soon as he hits 3/3 if he doesn't screw up (Again: alive - Scarlett)
Everlong
Profile Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1973 Posts
August 13 2013 10:18 GMT
#676
Seems like they are digging their grave deeper and deeper. There are clear huge design and balance issues (Swarm Host for example) and instead of acknowladging and trying to fix them in a correct way, they just put in more insane, weird, stupid, imbalanced stuff hoping it somehow fixes everything. This is not going to end well. Unless they really hire someone new for LotV, it's going to end up as a huge dissapointing free-for all clusterfuck.
SsDrKosS
Profile Joined March 2013
330 Posts
August 13 2013 10:18 GMT
#677
On August 13 2013 19:16 raga4ka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 04:26 Plansix wrote:
Blizzard's plans: Buff everything.

I endorse this plan.


A lot better then their plan in WOL - Which is nerf everything .


But I like BW style better.
being 2#$@# for a while then suddenly BOOM and fixes.
I guess I have to wait till LotV.
If LotV don't fix the major problems, i'm not buying it.
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-13 10:59:32
August 13 2013 10:21 GMT
#678
On August 13 2013 18:58 SsDrKosS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 18:54 Snowbear wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:52 SsDrKosS wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:42 Snowbear wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:20 double1185 wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:06 Snowbear wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:02 MattD wrote:
On August 13 2013 17:56 Snowbear wrote:
I'm getting SICK of all these zergs acting like TvZ is TERRAN FAVOURED. Stop that. Seriously. Check out the GM ladder and you will notice how zergs are doing BETTER against terrans than terrans are doing against zerg. Yes, some zergs are losing in tournaments. But god forbid that the terrans they lose to are just better!

I also wondered why those zergs don't constantly link aligulac reports, like they did a month ago. Then I checked the site and I saw TvZ 51%. http://aligulac.com/reports. Seriously guys??? Trying to create the end of WOL all over again? Blizz is nice and gives a faster overseer and better vipers, but if you read the zerg comments then "it is not enough". Really, what is wrong with you guys?

So sad that 1 unit forces zerg micro, and oooohh it has to go down ASAP! So sad



You should actually try playing the game, it's pretty obvious to everyone that Terran reaches a point where the have so much bio and so many widow mines its impossible for zerg to get a cost efficient engagement, no one is saying the match up is un-winnable by any means, but most people acknowledge there are some issues with it. Percentages don't tell you shit about how the match up plays out.

I'd like to see you micro against 10-15 widow mines and come out of it decently


I play the game. I had to practice for 3 years to be able to get my micro up. I need to split like a madman. That's insanely hard. I need to multitask like a beast. I need to drop everywhere, while moving my army, burrowing in time, splitting my marines and actually targetting with my mines. Oh, and meanwhile I need to macro. Not hard enough?

But you poor puppy need need to split his ling bling now? You can't 1a anymore like in WOL? How unacceptable! Let's ask for widowmine nerfs.

And by the terran reaches so much 3-3 bio and mines, you should've moved away from muta ling bling. Your race is created for techswitches so please...

And "percentages don't tell us shit"? That's easy. Then I claim that ultralisks and broodlords are too strong. Why? Because it feels that way. Nooo noo noo, don't show me stats, they don't count! My own feeling is what counts. See what I did there?

You claim that something is strong, with 0 backup, just like you did in WOL. Blizzard listened in WOL, and the whole matchup went in zergs favour. Why? Because there was not a single problem with TvZ. If you change a matchup where there are no problems, then you create a problem. And so we went into 1 year of zerg domination.

I dont think a Z equally lvl as a T has to do any less multitask so please cut the crap of u have to do so much, i dont know where u look at but clearly in the scene of pro SC2 atm the rate of Z is really low as low as some of the first day of WoL and every terran TvZ go bio-mine just like every Z at the end of WoL go broodlord/infestor so either there is not a good enough Z player at the same lvl as current top T players or simply there is a problem w/ the game and i go for the second one


Zergs now need to work as hard as the terran. That's what I'm saying. You can't 1a anymore and you need to practice now. The freewin WOL days are OVER.

And this IS the proscene: http://aligulac.com/reports. It says 51%. Thats BALANCED. So please, stop with your fiction.


Bro. read this and say something.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Game_Balance


Bro. The numbers are 51%. Your balance claims are fiction.

Bro. READ
quoting from http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Game_Balance

(Quote) Balance vs. Fairness
Myth: If a player wins 50% of the time when playing against an equally skilled player, the game is balanced.

Gimps and OP units don't necessarily affect the probability of victory. Consider a game similar to rock-paper-scissors that has one more option "pinky" which always loses when used. The game rock-paper-scissors-pinky is imbalanced because it has a "gimp". No player would ever use the "pinky". Rock-paper-scissors-pinky is a fair game but its units aren't well balanced
(Quote)

The game is fair. I never said the game itself is so broken as hell. what I said was one 'specific unit' is not balanced (not totally broken, but broken.)


I don't want to promote lesswrong, but before discussing these things please read this article. :o
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
Faust852
Profile Joined February 2012
Luxembourg4004 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-13 10:29:01
August 13 2013 10:26 GMT
#679
Meh @people saying that T is favor against Z only based on Polt and Innovation's performances. It's been 3 lists already on Aligulac that zerg is a little bit ahead in stats (around 48% for T).
SsDrKosS
Profile Joined March 2013
330 Posts
August 13 2013 10:32 GMT
#680
On August 13 2013 19:21 Grumbels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 18:58 SsDrKosS wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:54 Snowbear wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:52 SsDrKosS wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:42 Snowbear wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:20 double1185 wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:06 Snowbear wrote:
On August 13 2013 18:02 MattD wrote:
On August 13 2013 17:56 Snowbear wrote:
I'm getting SICK of all these zergs acting like TvZ is TERRAN FAVOURED. Stop that. Seriously. Check out the GM ladder and you will notice how zergs are doing BETTER against terrans than terrans are doing against zerg. Yes, some zergs are losing in tournaments. But god forbid that the terrans they lose to are just better!

I also wondered why those zergs don't constantly link aligulac reports, like they did a month ago. Then I checked the site and I saw TvZ 51%. http://aligulac.com/reports. Seriously guys??? Trying to create the end of WOL all over again? Blizz is nice and gives a faster overseer and better vipers, but if you read the zerg comments then "it is not enough". Really, what is wrong with you guys?

So sad that 1 unit forces zerg micro, and oooohh it has to go down ASAP! So sad



You should actually try playing the game, it's pretty obvious to everyone that Terran reaches a point where the have so much bio and so many widow mines its impossible for zerg to get a cost efficient engagement, no one is saying the match up is un-winnable by any means, but most people acknowledge there are some issues with it. Percentages don't tell you shit about how the match up plays out.

I'd like to see you micro against 10-15 widow mines and come out of it decently


I play the game. I had to practice for 3 years to be able to get my micro up. I need to split like a madman. That's insanely hard. I need to multitask like a beast. I need to drop everywhere, while moving my army, burrowing in time, splitting my marines and actually targetting with my mines. Oh, and meanwhile I need to macro. Not hard enough?

But you poor puppy need need to split his ling bling now? You can't 1a anymore like in WOL? How unacceptable! Let's ask for widowmine nerfs.

And by the terran reaches so much 3-3 bio and mines, you should've moved away from muta ling bling. Your race is created for techswitches so please...

And "percentages don't tell us shit"? That's easy. Then I claim that ultralisks and broodlords are too strong. Why? Because it feels that way. Nooo noo noo, don't show me stats, they don't count! My own feeling is what counts. See what I did there?

You claim that something is strong, with 0 backup, just like you did in WOL. Blizzard listened in WOL, and the whole matchup went in zergs favour. Why? Because there was not a single problem with TvZ. If you change a matchup where there are no problems, then you create a problem. And so we went into 1 year of zerg domination.

I dont think a Z equally lvl as a T has to do any less multitask so please cut the crap of u have to do so much, i dont know where u look at but clearly in the scene of pro SC2 atm the rate of Z is really low as low as some of the first day of WoL and every terran TvZ go bio-mine just like every Z at the end of WoL go broodlord/infestor so either there is not a good enough Z player at the same lvl as current top T players or simply there is a problem w/ the game and i go for the second one


Zergs now need to work as hard as the terran. That's what I'm saying. You can't 1a anymore and you need to practice now. The freewin WOL days are OVER.

And this IS the proscene: http://aligulac.com/reports. It says 51%. Thats BALANCED. So please, stop with your fiction.


Bro. read this and say something.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Game_Balance


Bro. The numbers are 51%. Your balance claims are fiction.

Bro. READ
quoting from http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Game_Balance

(Quote) Balance vs. Fairness
Myth: If a player wins 50% of the time when playing against an equally skilled player, the game is balanced.

Gimps and OP units don't necessarily affect the probability of victory. Consider a game similar to rock-paper-scissors that has one more option "pinky" which always loses when used. The game rock-paper-scissors-pinky is imbalanced because it has a "gimp". No player would ever use the "pinky". Rock-paper-scissors-pinky is a fair game but its units aren't well balanced
(Quote)

The game is fair. I never said the game itself is so broken as hell. what I said was one 'specific unit' is not balanced (not totally broken, but broken.)


I don't want to promote lesswrong, but before discusing these things please read this article. :o

oh my... What have I just read... I'm confused. WHY DO YOU MAKE ME USE MY BRAIN DUDE

BUT this problem is a bit different, isn't it? the sample question is a 'paradox' question. No one knows the true answer.

what I meant by was that ppl tries to win with Allin, cheese, etc,. that constitutes the 'overall' balance.
So no matter one unit is imba, overall games can be ok.
But for players, that is painful :'(
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 2276
Bisu 470
Hyuk 422
Killer 105
Dewaltoss 94
Larva 91
Leta 80
Sexy 78
EffOrt 76
Soma 68
[ Show more ]
ZerO 62
Light 49
ToSsGirL 47
soO 41
Yoon 34
Sharp 34
Aegong 28
Sacsri 22
Bale 20
NaDa 16
Hm[arnc] 15
sorry 14
Shinee 13
JulyZerg 10
Rush 8
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Fuzer 135
League of Legends
JimRising 365
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss854
byalli749
kRYSTAL_35
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor949
crisheroes554
Other Games
gofns29737
singsing1473
olofmeister999
ceh9641
Mew2King86
ArmadaUGS46
ZerO(Twitch)11
B2W.Neo1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream149
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2389
League of Legends
• Stunt404
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3h 33m
OSC
12h 33m
CranKy Ducklings
1d
Online Event
1d 1h
FEL
1d 6h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.