• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:50
CEST 00:50
KST 07:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10823 users

WSL (Women Starcraft II League) about to start - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 14 Next All
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
August 01 2013 05:55 GMT
#101
On August 01 2013 14:52 ninazerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 14:35 lichter wrote:
The female casters thread was closed for idiocy and it migrates into this topic? Sheesh.


I already verbally obliterated gr33n in that thread. He had zero chance.

#letzombiecast


Waxy didn't let you destroy shmget though

I was too busy playing Expeditions: Conquistador to reply to him, I bet he was disappointed
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
ninazerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States7291 Posts
August 01 2013 06:01 GMT
#102
On August 01 2013 14:55 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 14:52 ninazerg wrote:
On August 01 2013 14:35 lichter wrote:
The female casters thread was closed for idiocy and it migrates into this topic? Sheesh.


I already verbally obliterated gr33n in that thread. He had zero chance.

#letzombiecast


Waxy didn't let you destroy shmget though

I was too busy playing Expeditions: Conquistador to reply to him, I bet he was disappointed


Wax did the right thing by Snorlax-body-slamming that thread. By the time I logged onto TL today, there was already like 800 pages of text and a closed thread, so I had to go way back just to see what gr33n said, and he basically was like "It's the internet, deal with it, women." still.
"If two pregnant women get into a fist fight, it's like a mecha-battle between two unborn babies." - Fyodor Dostoevsky
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27415 Posts
August 01 2013 06:05 GMT
#103
On August 01 2013 14:51 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 14:42 Wombat_NI wrote:
On August 01 2013 14:35 lichter wrote:
The female casters thread was closed for idiocy and it migrates into this topic? Sheesh.

Also: If you argue that women shouldn't get women's only leagues because they are bad and should compete versus men in "real tournaments", then WCS AM, WCS EU, Shoutcraft America, Dreamhack, MLG, and all other regional foreign tournaments should be trashed because only Koreans are any good at this game.

See how ridiculous this kind of reasoning is?

I don't see region-specific as being the same as genderlocked tournaments.

Most sports need that kind of structure to really prosper. You become the best at something in your city or region, go compete in your national championships, then once you triumph there in continental or world championships.

In E-sports, the nature of the internet obviously flips a lot of this around, but I still value the model. I prefer the WCG/original WCS format by far for an 'Olympics of E-sports' format than the current WCS.


In an online game, why are regional competitions important?

I can understand that the infrastructure of traditional sport was built on regional tournaments, local fans and support, and locally sourced talent. That's understandable because you could only really watch the teams nearby. But SC2 and esports do not have these kinds of geographic restrictions (ok, some lag but we can fix that) because a.) of internet and technology (communications is easier, forums allow disparate communities to interact, streaming matches, VODs, etc); b.) tournaments can be held online; and c.) teams don't have to source local talent. You can see this happening in traditional sports as well, albeit slowly and with restrictions to (b). I don't see why esports needs to be structured in a way similar to traditional sports in such a rigid way.

The only reason in favour of these regional tournaments is that people want to cheer for their next door neighbor, even though they aren't very good. How is that argument different from the argument made for or against women-only competitions?

I'm not against women-only competitions btw, if only to get to see them actually play rather than sit in booths. I was just making the point that they're not the same thing, to me anyway.

You don't get better without infrastructure, and in the long-run the game would be better served by more people playing at the level of the Koreans, than nobody else but the Koreans playing.

I didn't want non-Korean WCS, but I and many others were surprised by the lack of region locking. I expected WCS NA to be players from that region, and Koreans like Polt and Violet and maybe Sage and Yugioh moving to the Root house, who have a history of personal investment in that area of the world. Players who ply their trade on NA, who will be playing against NA players and gradually raising the level. In EU we'd have forGG and a few others.

Didn't get that.

My favourite players are mostly Korean, my HerO/Oz fanboy posts should tip people off However outside of the latter I really don't care for WCS NA anymore, I could not give a fuck.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
August 01 2013 06:11 GMT
#104
On August 01 2013 15:05 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 14:51 lichter wrote:
On August 01 2013 14:42 Wombat_NI wrote:
On August 01 2013 14:35 lichter wrote:
The female casters thread was closed for idiocy and it migrates into this topic? Sheesh.

Also: If you argue that women shouldn't get women's only leagues because they are bad and should compete versus men in "real tournaments", then WCS AM, WCS EU, Shoutcraft America, Dreamhack, MLG, and all other regional foreign tournaments should be trashed because only Koreans are any good at this game.

See how ridiculous this kind of reasoning is?

I don't see region-specific as being the same as genderlocked tournaments.

Most sports need that kind of structure to really prosper. You become the best at something in your city or region, go compete in your national championships, then once you triumph there in continental or world championships.

In E-sports, the nature of the internet obviously flips a lot of this around, but I still value the model. I prefer the WCG/original WCS format by far for an 'Olympics of E-sports' format than the current WCS.


In an online game, why are regional competitions important?

I can understand that the infrastructure of traditional sport was built on regional tournaments, local fans and support, and locally sourced talent. That's understandable because you could only really watch the teams nearby. But SC2 and esports do not have these kinds of geographic restrictions (ok, some lag but we can fix that) because a.) of internet and technology (communications is easier, forums allow disparate communities to interact, streaming matches, VODs, etc); b.) tournaments can be held online; and c.) teams don't have to source local talent. You can see this happening in traditional sports as well, albeit slowly and with restrictions to (b). I don't see why esports needs to be structured in a way similar to traditional sports in such a rigid way.

The only reason in favour of these regional tournaments is that people want to cheer for their next door neighbor, even though they aren't very good. How is that argument different from the argument made for or against women-only competitions?

I'm not against women-only competitions btw, if only to get to see them actually play rather than sit in booths. I was just making the point that they're not the same thing, to me anyway.

You don't get better without infrastructure, and in the long-run the game would be better served by more people playing at the level of the Koreans, than nobody else but the Koreans playing.

I didn't want non-Korean WCS, but I and many others were surprised by the lack of region locking. I expected WCS NA to be players from that region, and Koreans like Polt and Violet and maybe Sage and Yugioh moving to the Root house, who have a history of personal investment in that area of the world. Players who ply their trade on NA, who will be playing against NA players and gradually raising the level. In EU we'd have forGG and a few others.

Didn't get that.

My favourite players are mostly Korean, my HerO/Oz fanboy posts should tip people off However outside of the latter I really don't care for WCS NA anymore, I could not give a fuck.


They aren't exactly the same thing, but the reasoning ends up being the same: If we want to improve the sport's infrastructure we need to be inclusive rather than exclusive (in terms of involving demographics, not tournament qualifications). The more groups of people we encourage to play and join, the better off we are. So if you support regional tournaments because you want the sport to develop in certain regions, then that reasoning still holds for women's only tournaments.

Regarding WCS: It really depends on what Blizzard's intention is. To develop local scenes, or to have a premier tournament for each time zone. It's an off-topic debate though so I won't say more than that.
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27415 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 06:17:52
August 01 2013 06:17 GMT
#105
On August 01 2013 15:11 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 15:05 Wombat_NI wrote:
On August 01 2013 14:51 lichter wrote:
On August 01 2013 14:42 Wombat_NI wrote:
On August 01 2013 14:35 lichter wrote:
The female casters thread was closed for idiocy and it migrates into this topic? Sheesh.

Also: If you argue that women shouldn't get women's only leagues because they are bad and should compete versus men in "real tournaments", then WCS AM, WCS EU, Shoutcraft America, Dreamhack, MLG, and all other regional foreign tournaments should be trashed because only Koreans are any good at this game.

See how ridiculous this kind of reasoning is?

I don't see region-specific as being the same as genderlocked tournaments.

Most sports need that kind of structure to really prosper. You become the best at something in your city or region, go compete in your national championships, then once you triumph there in continental or world championships.

In E-sports, the nature of the internet obviously flips a lot of this around, but I still value the model. I prefer the WCG/original WCS format by far for an 'Olympics of E-sports' format than the current WCS.


In an online game, why are regional competitions important?

I can understand that the infrastructure of traditional sport was built on regional tournaments, local fans and support, and locally sourced talent. That's understandable because you could only really watch the teams nearby. But SC2 and esports do not have these kinds of geographic restrictions (ok, some lag but we can fix that) because a.) of internet and technology (communications is easier, forums allow disparate communities to interact, streaming matches, VODs, etc); b.) tournaments can be held online; and c.) teams don't have to source local talent. You can see this happening in traditional sports as well, albeit slowly and with restrictions to (b). I don't see why esports needs to be structured in a way similar to traditional sports in such a rigid way.

The only reason in favour of these regional tournaments is that people want to cheer for their next door neighbor, even though they aren't very good. How is that argument different from the argument made for or against women-only competitions?

I'm not against women-only competitions btw, if only to get to see them actually play rather than sit in booths. I was just making the point that they're not the same thing, to me anyway.

You don't get better without infrastructure, and in the long-run the game would be better served by more people playing at the level of the Koreans, than nobody else but the Koreans playing.

I didn't want non-Korean WCS, but I and many others were surprised by the lack of region locking. I expected WCS NA to be players from that region, and Koreans like Polt and Violet and maybe Sage and Yugioh moving to the Root house, who have a history of personal investment in that area of the world. Players who ply their trade on NA, who will be playing against NA players and gradually raising the level. In EU we'd have forGG and a few others.

Didn't get that.

My favourite players are mostly Korean, my HerO/Oz fanboy posts should tip people off However outside of the latter I really don't care for WCS NA anymore, I could not give a fuck.


They aren't exactly the same thing, but the reasoning ends up being the same: If we want to improve the sport's infrastructure we need to be inclusive rather than exclusive (in terms of involving demographics, not tournament qualifications). The more groups of people we encourage to play and join, the better off we are. So if you support regional tournaments because you want the sport to develop in certain regions, then that reasoning still holds for women's only tournaments.

Regarding WCS: It really depends on what Blizzard's intention is. To develop local scenes, or to have a premier tournament for each time zone. It's an off-topic debate though so I won't say more than that.

Well, without wishing to derail further I'll be brief. I actually feel it's vaguely on-topic, especially as I forsee people coming in and trashing the concept of women tournaments.

Regional disparity - An infrastructure problem. Bridging that gap between being a good grandmaster and competing with people in the Korean house environment. Some form of region-locking might prevent that gap widening, and hopefully close it in future.

Female-only tournaments- A social/cultural problem. There is little impediment to women playing in the scene, bar the culture of the scene. Women aren't bridging the 'NA-Kespa house' gap, they're not hitting high ladder ranks and stagnating they're seeking an environment that is less hostile to them to begin with. Female-only tournaments can aid that.

Both are laudable, but they're different man.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
August 01 2013 06:27 GMT
#106
On August 01 2013 15:17 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 15:11 lichter wrote:
On August 01 2013 15:05 Wombat_NI wrote:
On August 01 2013 14:51 lichter wrote:
On August 01 2013 14:42 Wombat_NI wrote:
On August 01 2013 14:35 lichter wrote:
The female casters thread was closed for idiocy and it migrates into this topic? Sheesh.

Also: If you argue that women shouldn't get women's only leagues because they are bad and should compete versus men in "real tournaments", then WCS AM, WCS EU, Shoutcraft America, Dreamhack, MLG, and all other regional foreign tournaments should be trashed because only Koreans are any good at this game.

See how ridiculous this kind of reasoning is?

I don't see region-specific as being the same as genderlocked tournaments.

Most sports need that kind of structure to really prosper. You become the best at something in your city or region, go compete in your national championships, then once you triumph there in continental or world championships.

In E-sports, the nature of the internet obviously flips a lot of this around, but I still value the model. I prefer the WCG/original WCS format by far for an 'Olympics of E-sports' format than the current WCS.


In an online game, why are regional competitions important?

I can understand that the infrastructure of traditional sport was built on regional tournaments, local fans and support, and locally sourced talent. That's understandable because you could only really watch the teams nearby. But SC2 and esports do not have these kinds of geographic restrictions (ok, some lag but we can fix that) because a.) of internet and technology (communications is easier, forums allow disparate communities to interact, streaming matches, VODs, etc); b.) tournaments can be held online; and c.) teams don't have to source local talent. You can see this happening in traditional sports as well, albeit slowly and with restrictions to (b). I don't see why esports needs to be structured in a way similar to traditional sports in such a rigid way.

The only reason in favour of these regional tournaments is that people want to cheer for their next door neighbor, even though they aren't very good. How is that argument different from the argument made for or against women-only competitions?

I'm not against women-only competitions btw, if only to get to see them actually play rather than sit in booths. I was just making the point that they're not the same thing, to me anyway.

You don't get better without infrastructure, and in the long-run the game would be better served by more people playing at the level of the Koreans, than nobody else but the Koreans playing.

I didn't want non-Korean WCS, but I and many others were surprised by the lack of region locking. I expected WCS NA to be players from that region, and Koreans like Polt and Violet and maybe Sage and Yugioh moving to the Root house, who have a history of personal investment in that area of the world. Players who ply their trade on NA, who will be playing against NA players and gradually raising the level. In EU we'd have forGG and a few others.

Didn't get that.

My favourite players are mostly Korean, my HerO/Oz fanboy posts should tip people off However outside of the latter I really don't care for WCS NA anymore, I could not give a fuck.


They aren't exactly the same thing, but the reasoning ends up being the same: If we want to improve the sport's infrastructure we need to be inclusive rather than exclusive (in terms of involving demographics, not tournament qualifications). The more groups of people we encourage to play and join, the better off we are. So if you support regional tournaments because you want the sport to develop in certain regions, then that reasoning still holds for women's only tournaments.

Regarding WCS: It really depends on what Blizzard's intention is. To develop local scenes, or to have a premier tournament for each time zone. It's an off-topic debate though so I won't say more than that.

Well, without wishing to derail further I'll be brief. I actually feel it's vaguely on-topic, especially as I forsee people coming in and trashing the concept of women tournaments.

Regional disparity - An infrastructure problem. Bridging that gap between being a good grandmaster and competing with people in the Korean house environment. Some form of region-locking might prevent that gap widening, and hopefully close it in future.

Female-only tournaments- A social/cultural problem. There is little impediment to women playing in the scene, bar the culture of the scene. Women aren't bridging the 'NA-Kespa house' gap, they're not hitting high ladder ranks and stagnating they're seeking an environment that is less hostile to them to begin with. Female-only tournaments can aid that.

Both are laudable, but they're different man.


Of course they are different--the causes for the stagnation of their scenes are different as you mention. But the problem (stagnation of the scene) is the same, the reason for wanting the scenes to develop is similar, and the possible best solution is the same (showcase tournaments and demographic-specific tournaments).

You are arguing semantics with me, that geography =/= gender. I'm not talking about that. I don't disagree, but that's not what I'm saying because it is not a helpful argument to make if we want to solve shortcomings we've identified in the scene (the sexism part highlighted in the female casters thread). Instead I am saying that the problems are similar and the solutions are similar, and if we try to understand why we believe they are problems (not the reason for the problem but the reason we identify it as a problem), they are similar.

We want everyone to be part of SC2, is the thing
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27415 Posts
August 01 2013 06:29 GMT
#107
Well I don't want everyone to be a part of SC2. I want SC2 to hit the smallest possible size it needs to hit to be genuinely sustainable and provide a living for those involved. Shit, semantics again I'm afraid.

Too big and it becomes like 'regular' sports, where every fucking idiot spouts nonsense in the pub rather than the sleek collection of knowledgeable nerds (for the most part) that it is today.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
August 01 2013 06:32 GMT
#108
On August 01 2013 15:29 Wombat_NI wrote:
Well I don't want everyone to be a part of SC2. I want SC2 to hit the smallest possible size it needs to hit to be genuinely sustainable and provide a living for those involved. Shit, semantics again I'm afraid.

Too big and it becomes like 'regular' sports, where every fucking idiot spouts nonsense in the pub rather than the sleek collection of knowledgeable nerds (for the most part) that it is today.


Well "everyone" is an exaggeration, but we definitely all want it to hit that smooth spot where everything is profitable and sustainable with positive growth. Getting more people, which includes people from different regions, genders, religions, etc, into SC2 is the answer.
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27415 Posts
August 01 2013 06:35 GMT
#109
On August 01 2013 15:32 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 15:29 Wombat_NI wrote:
Well I don't want everyone to be a part of SC2. I want SC2 to hit the smallest possible size it needs to hit to be genuinely sustainable and provide a living for those involved. Shit, semantics again I'm afraid.

Too big and it becomes like 'regular' sports, where every fucking idiot spouts nonsense in the pub rather than the sleek collection of knowledgeable nerds (for the most part) that it is today.


Well "everyone" is an exaggeration, but we definitely all want it to hit that smooth spot where everything is profitable and sustainable with positive growth. Getting more people, which includes people from different regions, genders, religions, etc, into SC2 is the answer.

True that, there's a real paucity of Buddhists playing the game.

Facetiousness aside, I do want this tournament to succeed and showcase some good play.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
August 01 2013 06:40 GMT
#110
On August 01 2013 15:35 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 15:32 lichter wrote:
On August 01 2013 15:29 Wombat_NI wrote:
Well I don't want everyone to be a part of SC2. I want SC2 to hit the smallest possible size it needs to hit to be genuinely sustainable and provide a living for those involved. Shit, semantics again I'm afraid.

Too big and it becomes like 'regular' sports, where every fucking idiot spouts nonsense in the pub rather than the sleek collection of knowledgeable nerds (for the most part) that it is today.


Well "everyone" is an exaggeration, but we definitely all want it to hit that smooth spot where everything is profitable and sustainable with positive growth. Getting more people, which includes people from different regions, genders, religions, etc, into SC2 is the answer.

True that, there's a real paucity of Buddhists playing the game.

Facetiousness aside, I do want this tournament to succeed and showcase some good play.


I was raised Buddhist but went to a Catholic school, does that count
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27415 Posts
August 01 2013 06:43 GMT
#111
On August 01 2013 15:40 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 15:35 Wombat_NI wrote:
On August 01 2013 15:32 lichter wrote:
On August 01 2013 15:29 Wombat_NI wrote:
Well I don't want everyone to be a part of SC2. I want SC2 to hit the smallest possible size it needs to hit to be genuinely sustainable and provide a living for those involved. Shit, semantics again I'm afraid.

Too big and it becomes like 'regular' sports, where every fucking idiot spouts nonsense in the pub rather than the sleek collection of knowledgeable nerds (for the most part) that it is today.


Well "everyone" is an exaggeration, but we definitely all want it to hit that smooth spot where everything is profitable and sustainable with positive growth. Getting more people, which includes people from different regions, genders, religions, etc, into SC2 is the answer.

True that, there's a real paucity of Buddhists playing the game.

Facetiousness aside, I do want this tournament to succeed and showcase some good play.


I was raised Buddhist but went to a Catholic school, does that count

Only if you're being serious. People aren't 'raised' Buddhist anyway, I thought they converted once they became Hollywood bigshots.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
August 01 2013 06:50 GMT
#112
On August 01 2013 15:43 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 15:40 lichter wrote:
On August 01 2013 15:35 Wombat_NI wrote:
On August 01 2013 15:32 lichter wrote:
On August 01 2013 15:29 Wombat_NI wrote:
Well I don't want everyone to be a part of SC2. I want SC2 to hit the smallest possible size it needs to hit to be genuinely sustainable and provide a living for those involved. Shit, semantics again I'm afraid.

Too big and it becomes like 'regular' sports, where every fucking idiot spouts nonsense in the pub rather than the sleek collection of knowledgeable nerds (for the most part) that it is today.


Well "everyone" is an exaggeration, but we definitely all want it to hit that smooth spot where everything is profitable and sustainable with positive growth. Getting more people, which includes people from different regions, genders, religions, etc, into SC2 is the answer.

True that, there's a real paucity of Buddhists playing the game.

Facetiousness aside, I do want this tournament to succeed and showcase some good play.


I was raised Buddhist but went to a Catholic school, does that count

Only if you're being serious. People aren't 'raised' Buddhist anyway, I thought they converted once they became Hollywood bigshots.


Yes, that really is my.. religious background.

I hope this gets an English stream

I am guessing Khaldor "No English stream? Fuck that here you go" the E-sports hero once again
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27415 Posts
August 01 2013 06:51 GMT
#113
Khaldor at this stage isn't even an E-sports hero, he's just a general one. What a man *gushes*
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
FuRong
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand3089 Posts
August 01 2013 06:51 GMT
#114
Here's a quick translation of the full article (I left out a couple of irrelevant details)

+ Show Spoiler +
The Women's Starleague will return to Korea after being on hiatus since 2006. ESTV, run by Startale TV, is proud to announce the return of the Starcraft II HOTS WSL (Woman's Starcraft League).

It was announced that starting from the 8th/9th of August, the WSL will be hosted monthly on Afrika TV. With Afrika TV as the main sponsor, ESTV will organise and run the event in coordination with Blizzard Entertainment and ESF.

ESTV plans to run the league starting from the second half of 2013 and into 2014. The league will commence on the weekend of August 8th/9th, and games will be broadcast on Saturday and Sunday evenings KST.

Women interested in participating can contact startale01@gmail.com. Please list your name, Bnet ID, Bnet account, race and contact information.


It's about time we had something like this, good for Esports and the game even though there will be a lot of haters.
Don't hate the player, hate the game
namste
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland2292 Posts
August 01 2013 07:23 GMT
#115
Shame that this tournament is probably going to be doomed to have a maximum viewer count of 240, like every other female only tournament or cup thing. If the players are sub-mediocre level, there just won't be viewers.
IM hwaitiing ~ IMMvp #1 | Bang Min Ah <3<3
ninazerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States7291 Posts
August 01 2013 09:43 GMT
#116
On August 01 2013 16:23 namste wrote:
Shame that this tournament is probably going to be doomed to have a maximum viewer count of 240, like every other female only tournament or cup thing. If the players are sub-mediocre level, there just won't be viewers.


Thanks for those words of encouragement.
"If two pregnant women get into a fist fight, it's like a mecha-battle between two unborn babies." - Fyodor Dostoevsky
nanaoei
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
3358 Posts
August 01 2013 09:46 GMT
#117
I am so going to join this with my korean AKA and a picture of myself crossdressing.

):
*@boesthius' FF7 nostalgia stream bomb* "we should work on a 'Final Progamer' fangame»whitera can be a protagonist---lastlie: "we save world and then defense it"
PLaYbOi..
Profile Joined July 2013
7 Posts
August 01 2013 10:26 GMT
#118
scarlett ! let gO
Scarlett`
Profile Joined April 2011
Korea (South)2437 Posts
August 01 2013 10:33 GMT
#119
On August 01 2013 19:26 PLaYbOi.. wrote:
scarlett ! let gO

Not playing in this
Progamer
JacobShock
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Denmark2485 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 10:58:49
August 01 2013 10:58 GMT
#120
I would be a hypocrite to say I'm not a fan of exclusive tournaments, when I would like America wcs and EU to be for people currently living there.

So best of luck in this league. Hopefully Zombiegrub will participate.
"Right on" - Morrow
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 120
ViBE96
CosmosSc2 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 587
Artosis 461
910 28
Dota 2
monkeys_forever409
League of Legends
JimRising 493
Counter-Strike
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS97
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5736
Liquid`Hasu1357
Other Games
summit1g7399
shahzam525
byalli361
C9.Mang0250
Trikslyr40
ZombieGrub22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream178
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 91
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 10m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 10m
Stellar Fest
14h 10m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.