Situation Report: June 11, 2013 - Page 4
| Forum Index > SC2 General |
|
RandomAccount#106470
Lithuania1506 Posts
| ||
|
Evil_Sheep
Canada902 Posts
I agree with their current approach of wait and see, with any change coming slow and steady. | ||
|
eXdeath
France66 Posts
| ||
|
Exarl25
1887 Posts
On June 12 2013 09:31 skylarr wrote: balanced, yes. but dont you think the game would get boring as fuck when zerg has to all in every terran they're playing against? Eventually terrans will realize this and start playing safer, then zvt would be impossible God fucking dammit are we ever going to reach a point in SC2 where Zerg are not the whiniest race? I've heard about ZvX becoming impossible so many times that I just don't buy it anymore. The WoL beta was a long, long time ago. Dropping the victim complex is long past due. | ||
|
skylarr
Canada209 Posts
On June 12 2013 09:35 Huragius wrote: Right... Zergs are all-inning so much because it's impossible to win a normal ZvT and not because all-inning with roach/banes gives a pretty fucking good chance to instantly win the game with the current metagame. Right. hit it right on the spot | ||
|
skylarr
Canada209 Posts
On June 12 2013 09:35 Exarl25 wrote: God fucking dammit are we ever going to reach a point in SC2 where Zerg are not the whiniest race? I've heard about ZvX becoming impossible so many times that I just don't buy it anymore. The WoL beta was a long, long time ago. Dropping the victim complex is long past due. wanna tell me what i said is incorrect? otherwise your opinion doesnt matter | ||
|
RandomAccount#106470
Lithuania1506 Posts
| ||
|
Shocae
United States141 Posts
| ||
|
DifuntO
Greece2376 Posts
On June 12 2013 09:02 Waxangel wrote:
uh what? I feel like we're missing an explaination of how this is skill and not random Tanks are simple to use.Siege,target fire that's it. Widow mines are complicated.You don't know what's gonna happen before the battle.Their range is much smaller.It depends on the individual skill of the players(how they split,how they attack) A good terran can control his mines better,he has the micro to split the bio and target with mines(which is not that easy). A bad terran might blow up his whole army(with the help of a good zerg). | ||
|
SupaDupaFlyPro
Italy47 Posts
On June 12 2013 09:10 BlackPride wrote: I actually agree with everything said. Especially the point you make about mines being a chance factor, and that being the reason we don't know who's going to come ahead in an upcoming engagement. Tanks do require more skill. I don't find it nice when a Terran loses it's whole army cause caught out of position with the marine tank composition. Widow mines imply more skill on the zerg side in order not to lose too many units. I personally believe that there are too many zergs at pro level which are not as skilled as certain Terrans or Protosses which should be in a higher position, but still they are there for some reason. In fact we are finally starting too see the other 2 races taking a deep breath after this long zerg dominance but zergs are still very competitive. I would do something to try and change PvZ instead, swarm host turtling is really boring (even Stephano says that) and zergs are way too cost efficient with that unit. | ||
|
aZealot
New Zealand5447 Posts
![]() | ||
|
kckkryptonite
1126 Posts
On June 12 2013 09:35 Exarl25 wrote: God fucking dammit are we ever going to reach a point in SC2 where Zerg are not the whiniest race? I've heard about ZvX becoming impossible so many times that I just don't buy it anymore. The WoL beta was a long, long time ago. Dropping the victim complex is long past due. No good sir. No. | ||
|
Whatson
United States5357 Posts
On June 12 2013 09:35 Exarl25 wrote: God fucking dammit are we ever going to reach a point in SC2 where Zerg are not the whiniest race? I've heard about ZvX becoming impossible so many times that I just don't buy it anymore. The WoL beta was a long, long time ago. Dropping the victim complex is long past due. If you listen to zerg players, they'll have you believe that even during the bl winfestor era zerg was still underpowered. Utter nonsense. | ||
|
Badfatpanda
United States9719 Posts
On June 12 2013 09:39 DifuntO wrote: Tanks are simple to use.Siege,target fire that's it. Widow mines are complicated.You don't know what's gonna happen before the battle.Their range is much smaller.It depends on the individual skill of the players(how they split,how they attack) A good terran can control his mines better,he has the micro to split the bio and target with mines(which is not that easy). A bad terran might blow up his whole army(with the help of a good zerg). I was going to quote the section wax did so I don't need to bother now...but how in the fuck do you justify a random factor in a large engagement to promote skill and be skill-based in any sense of the word. It's either you're watching a Zerg who is good with handling widow mines or a Zerg who is not. Very little Terran micro is needed for mines in maxed engagements, which I'm pretty sure is what Blizzard is referencing here. Bogus places them well on a consistant basis. Places. That's like...sieging tanks that takes way less time. Is that the skill we're supposed to be viewing as a spectator. The matchup was far more interesting when it was reliant on the siege tank, as bastardized a version of the BW tank as it is. | ||
|
Roe
Canada6002 Posts
On June 12 2013 09:02 Waxangel wrote:
uh what? I feel like we're missing an explaination of how this is skill and not random how is it random and not skill? | ||
|
teddyoojo
Germany22369 Posts
On June 12 2013 09:02 Waxangel wrote:
uh what? I feel like we're missing an explaination of how this is skill and not random this is the part that makes curious aswell, as it is the other way round. | ||
|
FanaticCZ
Czech Republic287 Posts
))Now they both have to split and target very well and mines can still do more harm than good to the terran. I think its just much more stressfull for both players...zerg can loose all blings to a well placed widow mine if not careful and terran can still loose all his marines to few blings or fungal if not paying attention to his army for a second. (oh and bling landmines on hatchery tech could be pretty deadly) EDIT: Im simplifying my statements on purpose, just to explain what i think he meant - i know its always not that easy to defeat marine tank. And also how i felt about WoL from playing all the races for some time. | ||
|
skylarr
Canada209 Posts
On June 12 2013 09:44 Badfatpanda wrote: I was going to quote the section wax did so I don't need to bother now...but how in the fuck do you justify a random factor in a large engagement to promote skill and be skill-based in any sense of the word. It's either you're watching a Zerg who is good with handling widow mines or a Zerg who is not. Very little Terran micro is needed for mines in maxed engagements, which I'm pretty sure is what Blizzard is referencing here. Bogus places them well on a consistant basis. Places. That's like...sieging tanks that takes way less time. Is that the skill we're supposed to be viewing as a spectator. The matchup was far more interesting when it was reliant on the siege tank, as bastardized a version of the BW tank as it is. +1 50x User was warned for this post | ||
|
PXEnTei
United States209 Posts
otherwise mass muta is to good, and to hard to counter | ||
|
KrazyTrumpet
United States2520 Posts
On June 12 2013 08:58 Exarl25 wrote: Hasn't been an issue for a while now. PvP is actually seeing a very wide diversity of openings and unit compositions, possibly more diversity than any other matchup ever actually. Of course in the late game Void Rays play a big role because they are an incredibly powerful unit but they are hardly all you make. And then of course you can deal with them pretty effectively with Psi Storm. I think I would very much agree that PvP is probably the most diverse matchup...which is so weird to say out loud haha | ||
| ||
