• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:16
CEST 22:16
KST 05:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20268Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8972 users

Evil Geniuses Releases Greg "IdrA" Fields - Page 60

Forum Index > SC2 General
4974 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 249 Next
bootoo
Profile Joined May 2010
United States23 Posts
May 10 2013 00:01 GMT
#1181
Support for Idra post - i wish him every success :D
Life's too short to be a p***y mate
faqqSen
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany78 Posts
May 10 2013 00:01 GMT
#1182
good for eg
Gemini_sc2
Profile Joined February 2013
Norway69 Posts
May 10 2013 00:01 GMT
#1183
Maybe this is when Liquid and EG are too comfortable for players like Idra and NonY and needs to leave/be released in order to get in a better mindset and practice environment in order to get back in shape.
flyingbangus
Profile Joined December 2010
United States121 Posts
May 10 2013 00:01 GMT
#1184
Getting dropped by EG, very useful talent toi have

i want you to take a moment
and reflect
on how much of a failure you are
to BM like this and get dropped

LOL! On a more serious note, I'm actually an IdrA fan since SC2 beta. I actually find his BM bullsh to be funny, to be honest haha! I wish IdrA the best. As a fan, I really hope he gets into a really good team that will help him be a better SC2 player.
55v66v77v88v99v4sffffuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Fatze
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Germany1342 Posts
May 10 2013 00:01 GMT
#1185
whelp - that was unexpected...
Comfort from bottles, cheers from beers the guitars are our weapons and we know how to kill!
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10166 Posts
May 10 2013 00:01 GMT
#1186
On May 10 2013 08:51 realityyy wrote:
The sc2 community is "not good" to say it politely. The community puts way too much focus on the "entertainment"-side of a player and as soon as someone does something slightly questionable he gets hated so badly for it. For example the ddos incident with stephano shows how high the hating can peak (its not ordinary, but still very alarming to me). Also, the players you meet in ladder make IdrA look like the politest man in the world. The last "gg" I received was combined with a "fu**er". Plus, i actually dont feel like a part of a community. We play the same game, but I dont feel a "together" at all. Could be a personal thing though. The last point I want to mention is viewers on streams, being the community. The chats of a large number of streams reflects a massive immaturity, being filled with trolls and offending people, not representing that much of a support to esports. So I think IdrA criticizing the community is a good move to me, cause he's one of the few ones that mentions that without fearing to lose money cause a part of that "community" could stop "supporting" esports by bringing money to the companies. I hope he gets a new team that at least in some way still believes in the spirit of esports, not the spirit of money. Cause thats the impression I got from EG the last months and finally with this act. So let me finish this post with a final example of how grown up the community is. ( I hope the picture is fine, please delete if someone has a problem with it )

[image loading]


So SC2 community = LoL community

Even if is probably just one jackass being a jackass.
tubs
Profile Joined March 2010
764 Posts
May 10 2013 00:01 GMT
#1187
On May 10 2013 08:56 AwesomeFossum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 08:56 ninjamyst wrote:
On May 10 2013 08:51 Ysellian wrote:
On May 10 2013 08:49 tubs wrote:
I watched the ragequit versus Polt in WCS and laughed like crazy. Didn't see anything out of the ordinary - that's the Idra most of us are used to. If EG booted him for that, it doesn't make any sense. Haven't gone through the other 50 pages in this thread or loaded SoTG on time, so if it was for something else, ignore this.


The Polt thing wasn't the issue. It was the comment he made here on TL that preceded it that made it all look really bad.


what did he say?


www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=411483&currentpage=4#73


Oh boy, didn't realize he said that. Yeah that wasn't a smart thing to do at all. That's what you get for biting the hand that feeds you, I guess
"Roach dies to immortal and rockit black guy" - Tierdal.thex
Deleted User 137586
Profile Joined January 2011
7859 Posts
May 10 2013 00:02 GMT
#1188
On May 10 2013 08:59 Grumbels wrote:
I wonder if IdrA leaving the scene would have a noticeable negative impact on the SC2 viewership.


Hell, yeah! I have a ton of friends who play casually. They will tune in to watch IdrA play but haven't heard of Flash, let alone Innovation.

Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
May 10 2013 00:02 GMT
#1189
On May 10 2013 09:00 Thinasy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 08:57 holy_war wrote:
On May 10 2013 08:51 realityyy wrote:
The sc2 community is "not good" to say it politely. The community puts way too much focus on the "entertainment"-side of a player and as soon as someone does something slightly questionable he gets hated so badly for it. For example the ddos incident with stephano shows how high the hating can peak (its not ordinary, but still very alarming to me). Also, the players you meet in ladder make IdrA look like the politest man in the world. The last "gg" I received was combined with a "fu**er". Plus, i actually dont feel like a part of a community. We play the same game, but I dont feel a "together" at all. Could be a personal thing though. The last point I want to mention is viewers on streams, being the community. The chats of a large number of streams reflects a massive immaturity, being filled with trolls and offending people, not representing that much of a support to esports. So I think IdrA criticizing the community is a good move to me, cause he's one of the few ones that mentions that without fearing to lose money cause a part of that "community" could stop "supporting" esports by bringing money to the companies. I hope he gets a new team that at least in some way still believes in the spirit of esports, not the spirit of money. Cause thats the impression I got from EG the last months and finally with this act. So let me finish this post with a final example of how grown up the community is. ( I hope the picture is fine, please delete if someone has a problem with it )

[image loading]


Leauge of Legends is your example of a "grown" community? Wow, just wow.


Yeah I'm not sure whether to laugh or not. League of Legends community is a subreddit which is about 50x times more toxic then TL then include the players inside the game.

On-topic: I actually really believed this thread was a troll even after reading the OP. Man was I shocked


I think you misunderstood. I'm pretty sure that picture is intended to illustrate the problems with the community, not its successes. Of course, it's a different game and a different scene, so it's wholly beside the point. Still. He's not holding the LoL community up on a pedestal; rather, he's using them as an example of what not to do.
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
ash88
Profile Joined November 2010
13 Posts
May 10 2013 00:02 GMT
#1190
On May 10 2013 08:52 Honeybadger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 08:44 ash88 wrote:Most people need to grow up imho. If people are going to get their titties in a knot because of some "BM" then it only proves this sport is still populated by children.

Letting someone go because they aren't perform is a good thing. Letting someone go because they "hurt your feelings" is ridiculous. This sets the perception of the scene back.


Telling people to grow up and then using the term "titties in a knot" is really, really ironic.

Professionalism is severely important in the professional world. Do you walk up to complete strangers and just start ridiculing them? Do you insult your friends in mean, hateful and hurtful ways (not in jest, either)? Of course not. Am I supposed to let my staff make inappropriate comments to or even ABOUT members in public?

Professionalism is the reason society exists. BM and posts like yours are more demonstrative that this sport is still filled with children. Do you think Boxer's handshake with every oppnnent, or Idra's childish insulting fans and temper tantrums, is going to do more to overturn the general opinion of "angry nerds in their basement?"

Defending a jerk does not validate being a jerk yourself


Let's not make this personal. I'm not. Let's get it back on track...

We are dancing around language to do with the "degree" and "context" of an athletes/e-athletes behaviour. I'm not sure what sport you follow - but lets pretend that a player on a team in that sport said, "I get paid to treat people like shit." Would he be kicked off the team? If you think about it honestly the answer is no.

Sure there may be some spin. Sure the team may come out and say "we don't agree." Sure the team may force him to apologize with some manufactured reason like "too little sleep" or "drunk" or some other BS. But no way in hell would he be kicked off the team.

The fact that he was demonstrates EGs misconception about the role that "team" should play. Greg's personality was loved by some, hated by most, and noteworthy to all - there is nothing new here from Greg. What's new is how poorly EG handled this.

All that aside, lets say that they were hell-bent on letting him go. They shouldn't have done it like this. Wait a month. Don't humiliate the guy. Keep it professional. They took a very poor route. From a PR decision this looks like the adolescent knee-jerk reaction of a highschool student. Especially considering Greg's historical role in the community and with EG.
MstrJinbo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1251 Posts
May 10 2013 00:02 GMT
#1191
On May 10 2013 09:01 tubs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 08:56 AwesomeFossum wrote:
On May 10 2013 08:56 ninjamyst wrote:
On May 10 2013 08:51 Ysellian wrote:
On May 10 2013 08:49 tubs wrote:
I watched the ragequit versus Polt in WCS and laughed like crazy. Didn't see anything out of the ordinary - that's the Idra most of us are used to. If EG booted him for that, it doesn't make any sense. Haven't gone through the other 50 pages in this thread or loaded SoTG on time, so if it was for something else, ignore this.


The Polt thing wasn't the issue. It was the comment he made here on TL that preceded it that made it all look really bad.


what did he say?


www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=411483&currentpage=4#73


Oh boy, didn't realize he said that. Yeah that wasn't a smart thing to do at all. That's what you get for biting the hand that feeds you, I guess


I knew the EG Giant thread was trouble the moment I saw it. Didn't see this one coming though.
Sanguinarius
Profile Joined January 2010
United States3427 Posts
May 10 2013 00:02 GMT
#1192
Wait wait, WHAT? What just happened?
Your strength is just an accident arising from the weakness of others -Heart of Darkness
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
May 10 2013 00:02 GMT
#1193
Respect to EG. Never thought they would do this. But damn EG is truly professional. EG, you have all of our respect.
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
May 10 2013 00:02 GMT
#1194
whoa what happened that caused EG to release him? i dont follow sc2 news so i have no idea
POGGERS
Zealot Lord
Profile Joined May 2010
Hong Kong748 Posts
May 10 2013 00:03 GMT
#1195
It's about time.. Really despised his overall lack of professionalism - he was the sole reason I could never like EG, he just has such a toxic image. I can never for the life of me, figure why so many people cheer for him =/

Yes, his commitment to SC during the brood wars day was commendable, but that was so frigging long ago.. Pretty much since the first few months of SC2, he has shown little improvement in his skill, and more importantly, his attitude. To me, nowadays he is nothing more than a random BM ladder player that just happens to be living off from his past fame. From what he does to Demuslim, to now calling the SC2 community a "bunch of fcuks", its about @#!$! time, good riddance. It took EG too long, but better late than never.
Clbull
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1439 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-10 00:03:42
May 10 2013 00:03 GMT
#1196
On May 10 2013 08:47 airwolf wrote:
This reminds me of the movie I made after seeing Idra rage.
I really hope he doesn't quit now D: Sc2 is no sc2 without idra T_T


What about this which frontpaged /r/starcraft yesterday? Sadly, as much as I don't want to bash upon IdrA, that was basically what he became over the last year or so.



Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
May 10 2013 00:03 GMT
#1197
On May 10 2013 08:32 mtn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 08:30 Bleak wrote:
I don't follow SC2 anymore, but I am sure that sometime in the future, if I ever look back to those days that I really cared about this game and its competitive scene, IdrA will be one of those players that will put a smile in my face. I've been a longtime IdrA fan for a long time and I have never felt like I regretted it.

I did not care about his results or his behaviour, he simply made the game entertaining for me ever since I first saw him playing in the HDH Beta Tournament vs WhiteRa. This is really sad for me to read it because of that and I wish him good luck in whatever he chooses to do after this development.


Damn Idra brainwashed his fans so much if the only thing that will make you smile is thinking about him... God damnit.


Yeah yeah yeah, you hate Idra I get it. You also seem to fail at reading since I said he will be one of those players that will manage to put a smile on my face.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
SpikeStarcraft
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany2095 Posts
May 10 2013 00:03 GMT
#1198
liquid rage would be a dope nickname :D
Thinasy
Profile Joined March 2011
2856 Posts
May 10 2013 00:03 GMT
#1199
On May 10 2013 09:02 LuckoftheIrish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 09:00 Thinasy wrote:
On May 10 2013 08:57 holy_war wrote:
On May 10 2013 08:51 realityyy wrote:
The sc2 community is "not good" to say it politely. The community puts way too much focus on the "entertainment"-side of a player and as soon as someone does something slightly questionable he gets hated so badly for it. For example the ddos incident with stephano shows how high the hating can peak (its not ordinary, but still very alarming to me). Also, the players you meet in ladder make IdrA look like the politest man in the world. The last "gg" I received was combined with a "fu**er". Plus, i actually dont feel like a part of a community. We play the same game, but I dont feel a "together" at all. Could be a personal thing though. The last point I want to mention is viewers on streams, being the community. The chats of a large number of streams reflects a massive immaturity, being filled with trolls and offending people, not representing that much of a support to esports. So I think IdrA criticizing the community is a good move to me, cause he's one of the few ones that mentions that without fearing to lose money cause a part of that "community" could stop "supporting" esports by bringing money to the companies. I hope he gets a new team that at least in some way still believes in the spirit of esports, not the spirit of money. Cause thats the impression I got from EG the last months and finally with this act. So let me finish this post with a final example of how grown up the community is. ( I hope the picture is fine, please delete if someone has a problem with it )

[image loading]


Leauge of Legends is your example of a "grown" community? Wow, just wow.


Yeah I'm not sure whether to laugh or not. League of Legends community is a subreddit which is about 50x times more toxic then TL then include the players inside the game.

On-topic: I actually really believed this thread was a troll even after reading the OP. Man was I shocked


I think you misunderstood. I'm pretty sure that picture is intended to illustrate the problems with the community, not its successes. Of course, it's a different game and a different scene, so it's wholly beside the point. Still. He's not holding the LoL community up on a pedestal; rather, he's using them as an example of what not to do.


Yeah I might have misunderstood it, if so im sorry for that
Jaedong & Faker
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
May 10 2013 00:03 GMT
#1200
Never understood what the big deal about him was. he was not a factor competetively for a long time. Yeah sometimes he did some "funny" antics, but that was about all he brought to the table.
Off-season = best season
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 249 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 625
ProTech144
Nina 87
JuggernautJason57
RuFF_SC2 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21969
Calm 2561
Mini 150
Dewaltoss 107
firebathero 99
soO 50
Bale 29
PianO 15
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7467
XaKoH 288
monkeys_forever112
canceldota24
League of Legends
Doublelift2326
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1550
fl0m1304
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu790
Other Games
summit1g1967
FrodaN1772
Beastyqt581
mouzStarbuck356
B2W.Neo335
shahzam322
ToD236
Livibee191
C9.Mang0136
Trikslyr111
RotterdaM101
UpATreeSC91
Mew2King41
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1088
• Shiphtur765
• WagamamaTV226
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 59m
Replay Cast
2h 44m
OSC
1d 2h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 13h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 20h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 22h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.