• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:38
CEST 04:38
KST 11:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8930 users

Evil Geniuses Releases Greg "IdrA" Fields - Page 54

Forum Index > SC2 General
4974 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 249 Next
shizaep
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada2920 Posts
May 09 2013 23:39 GMT
#1061
Wow, I remember liking Idra way back during the first WoL ladder season when I first discovered SC2. For all the time that I followed SC2, I always had a place for Idra in my heart. He was a colorful player, I loved watching his "highlight" rage vids on youtube and followed him for quite a long time.

EG and Idra were two things that went together for me. When I think of one, I think of the other. Not anymore, I guess.

Also, since I've been out of touch with the SC2 scene for a bit, what exactly was it that he did that broke the camel's back? Thx.
You mean I just write stuff here and other people can see it?
rd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2586 Posts
May 09 2013 23:39 GMT
#1062
On May 10 2013 08:35 RogerChillingworth wrote:
really happy about this. maybe he'll retire or change his attitude.


Some times I wonder how why IdrA was popular goes over everyone's head that they'd actually have vested emotions by being offended by him. Is a nice IdrA remotely interesting if he's not winning?
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
May 09 2013 23:39 GMT
#1063
Liquid`IdrA
Spaiku
Profile Joined July 2012
Spain1114 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-09 23:40:36
May 09 2013 23:39 GMT
#1064
I started watching sc2 with EG.IdrA in GSL open season 1 and always followed him in games/stream/shows since then.

I hope he's doing ok and has people supporting him now, good luck in whatever you choose to do Greg.
Cereb
Profile Joined November 2011
Denmark3388 Posts
May 09 2013 23:39 GMT
#1065
This is the most reasonable move ever.

Bad-mouthing teammates and behaving childish towards them.
Showing new lows of competitive spirit in WCS.
Bad mouthing the entire community and acting like a spoiled kid.

All this while he doesn't really have the starpower or results to give any reason to forgive this attitude (I mean, this attitude is never acceptable, but let's face it...In a world if he was the only foreigner having a chance vs Koreans, this decision would be much harder...)

I was actually ready to get back on IdrA's side as soon as I saw his awesome opening vs Polt, but then when he turned around and just left...That was the final drop for me. At this point, it actually pleases me to see EG letting him go. It's weird, and I wonder what is going to happen to inside the game, but I think this is well deserved...
"Until the very very top in almost anything, all that matters is how much work you put in. The only problem is most people can't work hard even at things they do enjoy, much less things they don't have a real passion for. -Greg "IdrA" Fields
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
May 09 2013 23:39 GMT
#1066
On May 10 2013 08:36 Serpico wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 08:35 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On May 10 2013 08:32 Serpico wrote:
On May 10 2013 08:21 BakedButters wrote:
On May 10 2013 08:16 terrancake wrote:
On May 10 2013 08:14 Shardz wrote:
I respect EG more already.I never really liked how they kept Idra with his horrible behavior but I guess it was pretty funny. Whenever I watched Idra's stream, I watched so I could laugh at his reaction when he loses(which is much of the time). I think I can root for EG just a little bit more now since they have the balls to do something like this! =D


This statement right here is the reason he said he was being BM to begin with. People do not watch for skill, they watch for entertainment. You, just watching for the BM actually contributed to the BM by pouring more gasoline on the fire.


But you need results if you are going to do the BM personality. It's fine to create drama and have good results at tournaments. But when you are basically not top 16 NA anymore, and have continued hatred for the game, your business strategy will go downhill. In then end, you still need to have good showings and tournament placements.

Stephano calling BK out for crappy play is justified because he's Stephano. He can back it up since he still top 2/3 zerg in EU. Besides Stephano is not fake, likes to create drama, he is honest but he has to make sure to not step over the line

This is some pretty perverse logic, being a jerk is never ok. It's also like saying "analysts can't call out players because they suck." Of course they can, they know the game as well as anyone (or at least should).


You have it backwards.

Being successful makes your opinions on skill level seem like relevant arguments and hence when you criticize someone there is that sense of truth to it.

If my PHD professor told me my thesis was stupid--I won't call him a troll.

If my 8 year old told me my thesis was stupid--I won't really believe a thing she says about it.

So when Stephano says BK is crap--people listen since Stephano's the best foreign player out right now and he might be telling the truth.

They're both being jerks (idra and stephano) but idra's lack of results makes attacks sound like whines while stephano's sound authoritative.

You're missing my point, I said being a jerk is never ok, I never said correcting people isn't. Stephano is not exactly a patron saint of good behavior.


I know, and I agree with you.

I'm saying people sometimes don't see dickish behavior when someone has strong results because the results gives them a sense of authority. Its obvious to me that stephano was upset that he lost and was lashing out--but some people think that there is a grain of truth to what he says *because(* of stephano's results
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
ash88
Profile Joined November 2010
13 Posts
May 09 2013 23:39 GMT
#1067
On May 10 2013 08:28 cosine wrote:
what a backstab.
i've lost all respect for EG as an organization, and alex garfield as a person.
if anyone associated with EG had any self-respect, they'd break all ties in protest.

until then, EG deserves all the failure they get.
have fun at the bottom of ProLeague.


Maybe overstating it, but I agree. Idra has done much less than athletes in traditional sports teams. Who cares if he is an arrogant unappreciative fuck - that's why I like him.

EG, and other pro teams in general policing their members like they are nursery-school children has to stop for anyone to take this all seriously.

I'm so disappointed.
LiquidSlick
Profile Joined January 2011
United States33 Posts
May 09 2013 23:40 GMT
#1068
People who don't think that it would be a substantial blow if Idra left the SC2 scene are idiots. I don't even like Idra but not having him in tournys is a pretty big deal. Ironically, Idra has proven his point with what has just happened. The community is buzzing over this drama, and not tournament results. That is for damn sure.
"Tonights the night." - Dexter Morgan
Advantageous
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
China1350 Posts
May 09 2013 23:40 GMT
#1069
On May 10 2013 08:37 uAir wrote:


LMFAO WUT? this is too funny.
"Because I am BossToss" -MC ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ I'm sure that all of my fellow class mates viewed me as the Adonis of the Class of 2015 already. -Xenocider, EG, ieF 2013 Champion.
HunterZ
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada28 Posts
May 09 2013 23:40 GMT
#1070
I'm with many people on this thread. I'm torn on this, I think EG took a rash action, a suspension or some sort of leave of absence would have made more sense to me. Greg is one of the oldest members of the American Starcraft community, and while his personality was polarizing, he certainly added some excitement to the story arcs of many tournaments. He is a somewhat toxic player but the knowledge he's amassed over his years as a progamer is going to be hard to replace, even in an organization as large as EG. It's a sad day indeed, and whatever he choses to do now I wish him the best.
NDIEKING
Profile Joined March 2013
4 Posts
May 09 2013 23:40 GMT
#1071
lol wow
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
May 09 2013 23:40 GMT
#1072
On May 10 2013 08:39 jinorazi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 08:35 Demberks wrote:
Can't believe all the hate. Are you guys really that stupid to take IdrA seriously? Damn, if he leaves the SC2 scene it will be a huge blow.

It will be interesting to see if he retires. If so, a legend goes to exile.


if you dont take children serious when they're misbehaving, they will continue to misbehave and become spoiled and become an idra.

"i make money by talking shit and you fuckers cant do anything about it, i'm a 'entertainer' before 'competitor' trololol"

yeah, clearly his just messing around, lets keep loving him guys.

If you seriously think those specific comments were actually relevant to the real reasons why he's gone you're missing the entire cause. He wasn't doing anything for the team as a villain anymore, so the first excuse to release him came up and they used it. It's not about his behavior in a vacuum, it's about his behavior not being profitable/valuable to EG anymore.
SpikeStarcraft
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany2095 Posts
May 09 2013 23:40 GMT
#1073
im still not convinced that this is just a huge marketing gag and idra joins the alliance...
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
May 09 2013 23:41 GMT
#1074
On May 10 2013 08:39 Mohdoo wrote:
Liquid`IdrA

If someone asked me to describe someone that I thought didn't fit into TL at all or was even the polar opposite of a potential recruit for TL, I'd point him to Idra.
Get off my lawn, young punks
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
May 09 2013 23:41 GMT
#1075
IdrA always got a pass, because you could say that his personality was part and partial with his competitive nature. He raged because he was passionate about the game.

But it's gotten to the point where he just rages for the sake of raging.

Got to commend EG Alex for making the harder, but ultimately best decision for the future of his team. IdrA was a great pick-up at the time but the EG brand is so big doesn't really need to pander anymore.

knOxStarcraft
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada422 Posts
May 09 2013 23:41 GMT
#1076
[EG]EGIdrA: nope you're all a bunch of fucks
[EG]EGIdrA: it just so happens i get paid to treat you like it. it's fucking awesome.
[EG]EGIdrA has left the game!
DODswe4
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden2157 Posts
May 09 2013 23:41 GMT
#1077
I'm surprised by this. IdrA haven't changed since brood war really
BakedButters
Profile Joined November 2011
United States748 Posts
May 09 2013 23:41 GMT
#1078
On May 10 2013 08:38 zantomun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 08:33 ash88 wrote:
The teams shouldn't police morals.
Not doing so leaves the possibility of alienating sponsors. These companies are paying to be represented by a team, and if a team is presenting itself badly, rudely, arrogantly, crudely, whatever, it reflects back on the sponsor.


Teams shouldn't police morals to a point. There is always a line.
Snute <3 Bomber <3 Parting <3 Life <3
High[5]
Profile Joined August 2011
United States61 Posts
May 09 2013 23:41 GMT
#1079
If anyone has noticed, IdrA changed his twitter background. I don't think the reality of this has set in yet. Literally just a few hours ago I was rewatching some old broodwar videos and was thinking of Artosis and IdrA.
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
May 09 2013 23:42 GMT
#1080
On May 10 2013 08:40 SpikeStarcraft wrote:
im still not convinced that this is just a huge marketing gag and idra joins the alliance...
where his best friend Naniwa awaits xD
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 249 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
RuFF_SC2 108
FoxeR 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1609
Shuttle 1409
Artosis 527
Dewaltoss 48
NaDa 26
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm181
LuMiX0
League of Legends
Doublelift3751
Counter-Strike
taco 527
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox599
Other Games
summit1g8051
WinterStarcraft338
C9.Mang0292
ViBE124
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur225
Upcoming Events
OSC
20h 22m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 7h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 14h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 16h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.