• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:11
CEST 05:11
KST 12:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10146 users

Streaming with Virtual Keyboard - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
mRandy
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden146 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-09 09:58:04
April 09 2013 09:57 GMT
#81
This looks really awesome! But anyone know how to let the big streamers know about this? Im thinking Grubby, Catz etc or do they already know and just dont want it.
http://sv.twitch.tv/ulfkennethz
Filter
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada620 Posts
April 09 2013 10:04 GMT
#82
I do get some lag on it, we'll see how my system can handle it post overclock though.

Somebody posted a link from my stream on reddit to give an idea of what it looks like, it's on the front page at least so hopefully some of the bigger guys will see it.
Live hard, live free.
bluQ
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany1724 Posts
April 09 2013 10:05 GMT
#83
On April 09 2013 18:57 mRandy wrote:
This looks really awesome! But anyone know how to let the big streamers know about this? Im thinking Grubby, Catz etc or do they already know and just dont want it.

Twitter the link at them with a brief description. @FollowGrubby @ROOTCatZ
www.twitch.tv/bluquh (PoE, Starbow, HS)
roym899
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany426 Posts
April 09 2013 10:09 GMT
#84
I actually hate it if they bottom right corner is covered. You never know when watching a Zerg what they are actually building and thus it's pretty much impossible to learn from such streams.
A Wild Sosd
Profile Joined September 2012
Australia421 Posts
April 09 2013 10:27 GMT
#85
I'd love to see this in some more streams! Really cool and interesting idea.
Bomber | TaeJa | Life | Scarlett I Twitter: @SosdSC2
Kaiwa
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2209 Posts
April 09 2013 10:52 GMT
#86
Gotta be careful to not enter passwords anywhere with on-screen keyboard on
시크릿 / 씨스타 / 에이핑크 / 윤하 / 가비앤제이
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
April 09 2013 11:04 GMT
#87
On April 09 2013 19:52 Kaiwa wrote:
Gotta be careful to not enter passwords anywhere with on-screen keyboard on


That is actually a pretty good point. Even if you only have half of your keyboard revealed, it might be quite bad.
In case anything happens, I hope blizzard's mobile verification system will catch it before it goes out of control. ^.^"
Lumi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1616 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-09 17:37:57
April 09 2013 17:32 GMT
#88
As others have said, I would love to use this if it was actually supported by the streaming software directly rather than having to screen capture it. That's just too much on peoples CPUs or monitor sizing(s). Damn! This was exciting :D

As soon as there's an option for most of us, I'm sure we'd use it.
twitter.com/lumigaming - DongRaeGu is the One True Dong - /r/onetruedong
Scheme
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom210 Posts
April 09 2013 17:43 GMT
#89
It would be extremely neat if this could be added as a plug in to OBS, instead of using the screen capture like many people mentioned. It doesn't sounds like it would be very hard to code.
shindigs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4795 Posts
April 09 2013 17:45 GMT
#90
On April 10 2013 02:32 Lumi wrote:
As others have said, I would love to use this if it was actually supported by the streaming software directly rather than having to screen capture it. That's just too much on peoples CPUs or monitor sizing(s). Damn! This was exciting :D

As soon as there's an option for most of us, I'm sure we'd use it.


Apparently direct capture is possible for some people, and not showing up for others. I'll try to investigate.
Photographer@shindags || twitch.tv/shindigs
Ingach
Profile Joined May 2011
1 Post
April 09 2013 18:48 GMT
#91
On April 09 2013 18:46 guruPanda wrote:
I'm a little concerned about Passwords being seen on stream...


It seems there's an option in the software to disable the keyboard when entering passwords, although I'm not sure how reliable it is.
shindigs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4795 Posts
April 09 2013 19:17 GMT
#92
On April 10 2013 03:48 Ingach wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2013 18:46 guruPanda wrote:
I'm a little concerned about Passwords being seen on stream...


It seems there's an option in the software to disable the keyboard when entering passwords, although I'm not sure how reliable it is.


To be safe, I suggest switching to a scene where the keyboard is not up anytime you are outside the game.
Photographer@shindags || twitch.tv/shindigs
JinDesu
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3990 Posts
April 09 2013 19:20 GMT
#93
On April 10 2013 03:48 Ingach wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2013 18:46 guruPanda wrote:
I'm a little concerned about Passwords being seen on stream...


It seems there's an option in the software to disable the keyboard when entering passwords, although I'm not sure how reliable it is.


It isn't. Didn't hide my facebook password. I make sure not to do anything on stream with passwords.
Yargh
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-09 19:49:10
April 09 2013 19:48 GMT
#94
tab out to OBS, uncheck the keyboard, go back into SC2/whatever, and then log in, go out...

a bit annoying, but it works
Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
emart835
Profile Joined November 2011
United States24 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-09 22:59:21
April 09 2013 19:59 GMT
#95
Is there any way to make this work with a custom layout? I'd like to create one similar to Siglemic's N64 controller, but with an Arcade control panel from Donkey Kong. Would there be any way that I could use my own Photoshopped image onto this?

[EDIT] I figured it out! You can fully customize a personal keyboard. it wont be as exact as Siglemic's, but I was able to make buttons highlight on a digital DK control panel. Awesome program!
Dracorath
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom120 Posts
April 10 2013 23:34 GMT
#96
Really awesome.
I'm the General Manager/Leader for Galactic Gaming and a aspiring Twitch caster.
ROOTIllusion
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1060 Posts
April 11 2013 00:53 GMT
#97
On April 10 2013 02:45 shindigs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 02:32 Lumi wrote:
As others have said, I would love to use this if it was actually supported by the streaming software directly rather than having to screen capture it. That's just too much on peoples CPUs or monitor sizing(s). Damn! This was exciting :D

As soon as there's an option for most of us, I'm sure we'd use it.


Apparently direct capture is possible for some people, and not showing up for others. I'll try to investigate.

Windows 7 64 bit + obs 32bit but not working. I think we should compile combinations people are using to see which combos work.
www.twitter.com/rootillusion & www.facebook.com/illusionsc2
ArroW.LionS
Profile Joined March 2011
Switzerland10 Posts
April 11 2013 09:05 GMT
#98
I have the problem that when I tab out it disappears then, knows anyone a solution?
HappyZerGling
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Ukraine161 Posts
April 11 2013 19:18 GMT
#99
I really want to do it as well, but I can use only one screen for streaming;; hope someone will find the way!
happy me, happy skill, happy win :D twitch.tv/happyzerg https://twitter.com/HappyZerG1
Minigun
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
619 Posts
April 12 2013 01:53 GMT
#100
On April 12 2013 04:18 FXO.Slavik wrote:
I really want to do it as well, but I can use only one screen for streaming;; hope someone will find the way!


Yeah someone want to work on it? ;D
“Quiet people have the loudest minds.” ― Stephen Hawking
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings135
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 180
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10381
Terrorterran 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1106
NeuroSwarm191
febbydoto16
League of Legends
JimRising 711
Counter-Strike
taco 298
minikerr40
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King245
hungrybox110
Other Games
summit1g9354
Maynarde212
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick406
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 12
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 169
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo801
• Rush502
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 49m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
7h 49m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 49m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.