• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:01
CEST 07:01
KST 14:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9821 users

Streaming with Virtual Keyboard - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-03 19:06:45
April 03 2013 19:00 GMT
#61
On April 03 2013 08:21 Flameling wrote:
Hey guys, here's another vod of me streaming with virtual keyboard.
http://www.twitch.tv/flameling/b/385754118
Hot Virtual Keyboard still works after the trial ends, but for some reason, it closes out after like 20-45 minutes for me, so I have to reopen it. Not sure if it's just me, but it's a little bit of a hassle to deal with.

(for the record, Flameling used Mieru Keyboard in the past, that I used too, I just don't really like using the 2nd monitor often so I stopped using it... I also thought mieru keyboard is too big ~.~)

well I'd use this but the the problem is I don't have money for the paid version and don't want to restart it every 20 minutes or something...

(also when you use both of these, probably turn off the scene while logging in so people can't copy your password)
Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
Marksman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Malaysia523 Posts
April 03 2013 23:37 GMT
#62
I just tried the Goop Goop keyboard type and it lags horribly for me.

Will it be the same if I tried to use the original Hot Virtual Keyboard? I will give it a test sometime later but a heads up would be nice.
I live by the LoL
FlyingToilet
Profile Joined August 2011
United States840 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-04 23:35:45
April 04 2013 23:35 GMT
#63
This may be a stupid question, but is there any way i can hide it under a program alt tabbed without it appearing black on my stream? i use obs btw
http://justin.tv/flyingtoilet
PiQLiQ
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden702 Posts
April 04 2013 23:49 GMT
#64
I've seen this somewhere before :O great idea tho
http://twitter.com/PiQLiQ
Zenon
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom66 Posts
April 04 2013 23:53 GMT
#65
desRow was experimenting with this yesterday and it was great. The majority of his viewers enjoyed it.

Adds that extra "special something" to a stream I think.

Would love to see someone like Losira/KangHo streaming with this feature! :o
@focus_Zenon
Minigun
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
619 Posts
April 05 2013 07:12 GMT
#66
any idea how to make this work with OBS, other than screen capture? screen capture is a bit harder on the computer
“Quiet people have the loudest minds.” ― Stephen Hawking
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
April 05 2013 07:20 GMT
#67
That is kind of neat. I could see that being something that is not on-screen all the time, but is like something they pop up from time to time on a broadcast to show people what is happening. I dig it.
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
xxjcdentonxx
Profile Joined November 2012
Canada163 Posts
April 05 2013 07:43 GMT
#68
Professional SC2 players using this on their streams would be adding a big chunk of learning content to it. I get very frustrated when I can't see either the command card or a keyboard cam.

The same thing could be accomplished if SC2 had an onscreen key-input monitor. Doesn't SFIV have that?
"Expand or die." —Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #45
MNdakota
Profile Joined March 2012
United States512 Posts
April 05 2013 15:24 GMT
#69
On April 05 2013 16:12 ROOTMinigun wrote:
any idea how to make this work with OBS, other than screen capture? screen capture is a bit harder on the computer


I got mine working with a second monitor. Then captured the screen region where the keyboard is.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down.
ROOTIllusion
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1060 Posts
April 05 2013 20:20 GMT
#70
On April 05 2013 16:12 ROOTMinigun wrote:
any idea how to make this work with OBS, other than screen capture? screen capture is a bit harder on the computer

Pretty much this. I can't stream even at 45 FPS, running game capture on SC2 + screen capture on monitor #2. It's a really cool idea for stream viewers but it's really intensive on the computer, if only there was a lower resource intensive option for bad computers :/.
www.twitter.com/rootillusion & www.facebook.com/illusionsc2
Minigun
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
619 Posts
April 07 2013 02:29 GMT
#71
On April 06 2013 05:20 mouzIllusion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 16:12 ROOTMinigun wrote:
any idea how to make this work with OBS, other than screen capture? screen capture is a bit harder on the computer

Pretty much this. I can't stream even at 45 FPS, running game capture on SC2 + screen capture on monitor #2. It's a really cool idea for stream viewers but it's really intensive on the computer, if only there was a lower resource intensive option for bad computers :/.


yeah...I've looked for a way around it, can't seem to find one :/
“Quiet people have the loudest minds.” ― Stephen Hawking
Filter
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada620 Posts
April 07 2013 03:48 GMT
#72
I'll be testing it later tonight probably on OBS, using window capture not screen capture. I'll post with any results/feedback I do get, but I ran some tests on it and it seemed to have no impact on the 720p45fps stream I was running before.
Live hard, live free.
aka_star
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United Kingdom1546 Posts
April 07 2013 04:00 GMT
#73
On April 02 2013 02:47 TritaN wrote:
That looks really cool. Hopefully some of the top streamers will try this out.

(I'm looking at you DeMusliM, you superhuman bastard. I want to see your keyboard in action )


I'd probably look elsewhere if I were you, he's been washed up for so long that he is hardly a super nerd let alone superhero.
FlashDave.999 aka Star
tbirdd
Profile Joined May 2012
United States11 Posts
April 08 2013 01:14 GMT
#74
YuMe (formerly OpTiKDream), GM Terran, is streaming right now; with the virtual keyboard:
http://www.twitch.tv/optikdream
Myth Acid
Profile Joined October 2012
United States1 Post
April 09 2013 03:52 GMT
#75
this is awesome!
'murica.
shindigs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4795 Posts
April 09 2013 07:15 GMT
#76
Has anyone figured out how to get OBS to software capture the program itself rather than screen capture? It worked for the me the first time but doesn't recognize it anymore...it would help some progamers too. I'll edit the solution into the thread if someone posts it.
Photographer@shindags || twitch.tv/shindigs
Baptista
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Poland141 Posts
April 09 2013 07:55 GMT
#77
i would really love to see this replace shity keyboard web cams some streamers use. their fps is too low to see the clicks. Honestly Razer should release their own software to make it more popular.
guruPanda
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany32 Posts
April 09 2013 09:46 GMT
#78
I'm a little concerned about Passwords being seen on stream...
bluQ
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany1724 Posts
April 09 2013 09:51 GMT
#79
On April 09 2013 18:46 guruPanda wrote:
I'm a little concerned about Passwords being seen on stream...

Would be a matter of using scene-switcher correctly.
But you are totatlly right; using a visual keyboard while typing in your password and showing that to your viewers would be pretty bad.
www.twitch.tv/bluquh (PoE, Starbow, HS)
Marksman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Malaysia523 Posts
April 09 2013 09:52 GMT
#80
On April 09 2013 18:46 guruPanda wrote:
I'm a little concerned about Passwords being seen on stream...


The best solution would be to login before streaming first. Alternatively, you can disable several keys in the system (at least for the goop goop goop) but I would like the former.

Im gonna test again and see what I can do about the lag ~~

I live by the LoL
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings126
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 180
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 249
BeSt 214
sorry 39
Mind 29
Bale 18
Terrorterran 16
ZergMaN 9
Noble 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1017
League of Legends
JimRising 702
Counter-Strike
taco 397
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King142
Other Games
summit1g9711
Maynarde189
RuFF_SC2125
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick473
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH347
• Hupsaiya 119
• practicex 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2116
League of Legends
• Rush1129
• Stunt313
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 59m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 59m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 59m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.