• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:17
CEST 08:17
KST 15:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9743 users

Streaming with Virtual Keyboard - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Walnut_SC
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada33 Posts
April 19 2013 20:09 GMT
#121
Is there any way for me to use this on my stream with OBS when I play on windowed fullscreen mode? I can capture the keyboard box, and it functions properly, however when I alt tab to SC2 it no longer registers which keys I am pressing. I only have 1 monitor.
shindigs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4795 Posts
April 20 2013 20:35 GMT
#122
On April 20 2013 05:09 HciputS wrote:
Is there any way for me to use this on my stream with OBS when I play on windowed fullscreen mode? I can capture the keyboard box, and it functions properly, however when I alt tab to SC2 it no longer registers which keys I am pressing. I only have 1 monitor.


Maybe try turning on a 'lock' option on the program so it doesn't minimize when you alt tab? either that or just go into windowed mode and make it as big as possible.

let me know how it works!
Photographer@shindags || twitch.tv/shindigs
KrazyTrumpet
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2520 Posts
April 21 2013 00:09 GMT
#123
Stumbled across this potential alternative today: http://www.grumpybread.com/download/gop-gop-goop-goop/

I may check it out tonight on stream. Perhaps it's easier to use than this other one, and better yet isn't asking $30 lol
www.twitch.tv/krazy Best Stream Quality NA @KClarkSC2
Scheme
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom210 Posts
April 21 2013 00:14 GMT
#124
On April 21 2013 09:09 KrazyTrumpet wrote:
Stumbled across this potential alternative today: http://www.grumpybread.com/download/gop-gop-goop-goop/

I may check it out tonight on stream. Perhaps it's easier to use than this other one, and better yet isn't asking $30 lol


I mentioned in an earlier post in the thread that I had tested with gop.... you can even use game capture on the program as it uses DirectX, but I would get serious frame drops. Maybe someone can test it and see if they have better luck with it.

KrazyTrumpet
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2520 Posts
April 21 2013 00:39 GMT
#125
On April 21 2013 09:14 Scheme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2013 09:09 KrazyTrumpet wrote:
Stumbled across this potential alternative today: http://www.grumpybread.com/download/gop-gop-goop-goop/

I may check it out tonight on stream. Perhaps it's easier to use than this other one, and better yet isn't asking $30 lol


I mentioned in an earlier post in the thread that I had tested with gop.... you can even use game capture on the program as it uses DirectX, but I would get serious frame drops. Maybe someone can test it and see if they have better luck with it.



Ah, I'm sorry I missed your post. I will play around with it and see if I can find a way to get it working well.
www.twitch.tv/krazy Best Stream Quality NA @KClarkSC2
paddyz
Profile Joined May 2011
Ireland628 Posts
April 21 2013 01:50 GMT
#126
It is made well, but I find it distracting on streams.
Walnut_SC
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada33 Posts
April 21 2013 02:16 GMT
#127
On April 21 2013 05:35 shindigs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 05:09 HciputS wrote:
Is there any way for me to use this on my stream with OBS when I play on windowed fullscreen mode? I can capture the keyboard box, and it functions properly, however when I alt tab to SC2 it no longer registers which keys I am pressing. I only have 1 monitor.


Maybe try turning on a 'lock' option on the program so it doesn't minimize when you alt tab? either that or just go into windowed mode and make it as big as possible.

let me know how it works!



Tried the lock thing, It keeps it in front of sc2 so that won't work. Windowed mode for me goes to a funny ratio, so I have bars from the desktop on either side, so I don't think I will do that. If anyone figures out how to make this work, please message me!

Thanks
shindigs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4795 Posts
April 21 2013 02:33 GMT
#128
Btw I found out you can include mouse click buttons on the virtual keyboard when you go to make your own...but they don't highlight when you click. I sent an email to their team so hopefully we can find out a way to make the mice highlight on click if people are interested in doing that on stream.
Photographer@shindags || twitch.tv/shindigs
shindigs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4795 Posts
April 21 2013 03:22 GMT
#129
Tried a new thing today!



Quick set up and hacked together solution for streaming with a virtual arcade stick on PC.

Using JoyToKey: http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/...
and customized HOT Virtual Keyboard Layout: http://hot-virtual-keyboard.com/

JoyToKey maps Button 0 on the fight stick to the key 'a' so it highlights on the virtual keyboard set up. The green button is mapped to 'a'.

Up, down, left, and right are mapped to num 8, num 2, num 4, and num 6 respectively. For some reason it detects these as the default up down etc controls. I placed all the buttons on top of each other (the activated buttons float to the top for display) and made my own custom buttons in photoshop.
Photographer@shindags || twitch.tv/shindigs
Tminus____
Profile Joined September 2011
249 Posts
April 22 2013 16:25 GMT
#130
This came up on reddit http://twofx.github.io/EZKey/ today said to work with OBS http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/1cv8ai/if_youre_a_streamer_and_were_unable_to_use_hot/
cmon gimme a break im to old for this shit
theqat
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States2856 Posts
April 22 2013 16:28 GMT
#131
I would love to see this become standard or at least widely used. I love a little keyboard sound with the stream audio and this would really complete the experience.
shindigs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4795 Posts
April 22 2013 21:37 GMT
#132
On April 23 2013 01:25 Tminus____ wrote:
This came up on reddit http://twofx.github.io/EZKey/ today said to work with OBS http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/1cv8ai/if_youre_a_streamer_and_were_unable_to_use_hot/



Wow looks great! Once I get time to play around with it and get more info, I'll add it into the OP,
Photographer@shindags || twitch.tv/shindigs
NewDawn
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada120 Posts
April 23 2013 21:48 GMT
#133
Well, so far EZKey seems to play really well with obs. http://www.twitch.tv/drawntolife/b/394804494

Can use Window Capture/Sub-Region etc. flawlessly. It also keeps up well, and didn't cause me any lag, neither on my end, or the stream. Good stuff!
이지은 | 송지은 | 정은지 | 홧팅 ~ !
Scheme
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom210 Posts
April 24 2013 10:16 GMT
#134
On April 24 2013 06:48 NewDawn wrote:
Well, so far EZKey seems to play really well with obs. http://www.twitch.tv/drawntolife/b/394804494

Can use Window Capture/Sub-Region etc. flawlessly. It also keeps up well, and didn't cause me any lag, neither on my end, or the stream. Good stuff!


Do you have your SC2 in Game capture or software capture?
NewDawn
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada120 Posts
April 24 2013 20:02 GMT
#135
I'm pretty sure that I use monitor capture actually.
이지은 | 송지은 | 정은지 | 홧팅 ~ !
The_revenge
Profile Joined May 2011
Mexico4 Posts
April 25 2013 04:38 GMT
#136
Has anyone figured out already how to play full windowed mode with virtual keyboard minimized and still registering keys?
VPVanek
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada238 Posts
April 29 2013 15:01 GMT
#137
On April 25 2013 13:38 The_revenge wrote:
Has anyone figured out already how to play full windowed mode with virtual keyboard minimized and still registering keys?

I am wondering the same thing
FoXer
TwoFx
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany3 Posts
April 29 2013 18:29 GMT
#138
I am the one who is developing EZKey, so if you have any questions or trouble with it, feel free to ask your question in this thread!

On April 30 2013 00:01 VPVanek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2013 13:38 The_revenge wrote:
Has anyone figured out already how to play full windowed mode with virtual keyboard minimized and still registering keys?

I am wondering the same thing


When I was experimenting with minimizing, my results were that Windows doesn't even render minimized windows. This usually makes sense, of course, because how are you supposed to look at it. However, it should work just fine as long as you don't minimize it but instead just put the other windows such as StarCraft above it.
fluxMayhem
Profile Joined June 2011
United States22 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-05 19:02:49
May 05 2013 06:33 GMT
#139
On April 30 2013 03:29 TwoFx wrote:
I am the one who is developing EZKey, so if you have any questions or trouble with it, feel free to ask your question in this thread!

Show nested quote +
On April 30 2013 00:01 VPVanek wrote:
On April 25 2013 13:38 The_revenge wrote:
Has anyone figured out already how to play full windowed mode with virtual keyboard minimized and still registering keys?

I am wondering the same thing


When I was experimenting with minimizing, my results were that Windows doesn't even render minimized windows. This usually makes sense, of course, because how are you supposed to look at it. However, it should work just fine as long as you don't minimize it but instead just put the other windows such as StarCraft above it.


The problem is, the Virtual Keyboard will still remain over the starcraft screen while running
KrazyTrumpet
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2520 Posts
May 11 2013 22:07 GMT
#140
Another option here: https://obsproject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3783
www.twitch.tv/krazy Best Stream Quality NA @KClarkSC2
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 184
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 497
hero 457
BeSt 246
Mind 31
Bale 20
Terrorterran 14
Noble 12
yabsab 9
ZergMaN 9
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1100
League of Legends
JimRising 643
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King132
Other Games
summit1g9984
ArmadaUGS50
Livibee48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick393
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH347
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2261
League of Legends
• Rush1348
• Stunt448
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 44m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
4h 44m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.