• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:55
CEST 05:55
KST 12:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8786 users

StarCraft 2 Patch 2.0.4 - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 23 Next All
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
February 19 2013 17:32 GMT
#141
On February 20 2013 02:19 Tuczniak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 02:15 Nerevar wrote:
Holy spoilers, Batman!

Infested Stukov? Duran = Narud? The latter was expected, but the former isn't.
Infested Stukov is in lore. It just wasn't in the main story.


This is what I've found:

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Alexei_Stukov#Blizzard_Entertainment_Comments_on_Infested_Stukov

BlizzCon 2007 StarCraft Lore Panel Editorial

by Andy Chambers

There's a fascinating subject in the realm of infestation. It's something that gets touched on with Kerrigan. It's kind of interesting to investigate it with other characters. So Stukov is kind of ... that was an experiment really, for the zerg in terms of infesting other humans as leaders.
Sverigevader
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden388 Posts
February 19 2013 17:41 GMT
#142
On February 20 2013 02:18 Sverigevader wrote:
My friend is patching the game but for me, nothing happens. I downloaded the hots content ( left the launcher on, downloading without pressing play), I can find the hots stuff (~7gb) in the Starcraft II folder. When I start the game, the launcher just says, Game is up to date, and pressing play just puts me into regular old WoL...

My friend is pissing me off. What am I doing wrong?


I was being trolled... He could do it because he had a US client as well... Although his EU client patched, he cannot use it on EU servers until they patch themselves. GG!
"I can answer this, you're just a god damn sexy mofo." http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=147829&currentpage=7#139
ineversmile
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States583 Posts
February 19 2013 17:43 GMT
#143
This patch includes the shitty hidden idle worker button that was in the beta.
Nostradamus.146@AM, Nostradamus.398@KR, Nostradamus.922@EU http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/ins
stichtom
Profile Joined March 2011
Italy695 Posts
February 19 2013 17:43 GMT
#144
The new portraits are so sick.
Favourite player: IM.MVP ~ Favorite league: IPL
xHadoken
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States171 Posts
February 19 2013 18:05 GMT
#145
Awww yea :D
Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
February 19 2013 18:10 GMT
#146
Heart of the HOTS

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=399392
Kisezik
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia70 Posts
February 19 2013 18:19 GMT
#147
i have a problem with the new language and language text feature, after switching text and language from english to korean, everything changed which is great, but now i cant seem to change it back to english or any other language and its just all stuck as korean.

I have tried using the variables.txt to change localassets to manually change koKR to enUS but that didnt work either, so i don't know i need some help :S
SandwichApoc
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States115 Posts
February 19 2013 18:36 GMT
#148
Either the servers are getting hammered or I'm bad luck. Can't connect to the "streaming server" to finish downloading the game data.
Zorgaz
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2951 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-19 18:49:15
February 19 2013 18:48 GMT
#149
On February 20 2013 00:48 ZeromuS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 00:43 covetousrat wrote:
On February 19 2013 23:59 larse wrote:
I'm in NA.

It have done the background update. It's up to date. I start the game and it had problems that force your game to close. After a few hours, I tried that again, now it requires me to download a 8GB patch.

http://i.imgur.com/edgwypR.png


This should only be 500MB.


Mine is simply reconfiguring :/

What I want to know is the following:

The custom skins, the mercenary marine looks bigger than the regular marine. I know it would be stupid of them but I hope that it actually is not larger.

Furthermore, the zergling "mutant" skin has wings. If it came out of the hatch with wings and without speed that would suck. While I know the speeds of the units, seeing them with wings from X distance can tell me whether or not I can move out or turn back and how far or to get near a wall asap. So That is quite important to know as well.


I'm sure you can disable seeing ''custom skins''.

When is EU getting patch!?
Furthermore, I think the Collosi should be removed! (Zorgaz -Terran/AbrA-Random/Zorg-Dota2) Guineapigs <3
Shade_FR
Profile Joined June 2010
France378 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-19 18:54:24
February 19 2013 18:54 GMT
#150
On February 20 2013 03:48 Zorgaz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 00:48 ZeromuS wrote:
On February 20 2013 00:43 covetousrat wrote:
On February 19 2013 23:59 larse wrote:
I'm in NA.

It have done the background update. It's up to date. I start the game and it had problems that force your game to close. After a few hours, I tried that again, now it requires me to download a 8GB patch.

http://i.imgur.com/edgwypR.png


This should only be 500MB.


Mine is simply reconfiguring :/

What I want to know is the following:

The custom skins, the mercenary marine looks bigger than the regular marine. I know it would be stupid of them but I hope that it actually is not larger.

Furthermore, the zergling "mutant" skin has wings. If it came out of the hatch with wings and without speed that would suck. While I know the speeds of the units, seeing them with wings from X distance can tell me whether or not I can move out or turn back and how far or to get near a wall asap. So That is quite important to know as well.


I'm sure you can disable seeing ''custom skins''.

When is EU getting patch!?
You must be new in Blizzard (WoW/SC2/D3) games.
The EU maintenances are always Wednesday morning. The server will shutdown tonight (1 AM I believe) and the maintenance will be completed tomorrow.
EU Zerg player - Streaming @ http://twitch.tv/shade_cst
Nerevar
Profile Joined January 2013
547 Posts
February 19 2013 18:56 GMT
#151
On February 20 2013 03:19 Kisezik wrote:
i have a problem with the new language and language text feature, after switching text and language from english to korean, everything changed which is great, but now i cant seem to change it back to english or any other language and its just all stuck as korean.

I have tried using the variables.txt to change localassets to manually change koKR to enUS but that didnt work either, so i don't know i need some help :S

I toyed around with Chinese sounds, and now my game is stuck in Chinese :/

I hope they hotfix this soon.
stichtom
Profile Joined March 2011
Italy695 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-19 19:01:34
February 19 2013 19:01 GMT
#152
On February 20 2013 03:19 Kisezik wrote:
i have a problem with the new language and language text feature, after switching text and language from english to korean, everything changed which is great, but now i cant seem to change it back to english or any other language and its just all stuck as korean.

I have tried using the variables.txt to change localassets to manually change koKR to enUS but that didnt work either, so i don't know i need some help :S

From the Known issues thread (http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2301630502) :
Changing your language selection in the launcher before data is 100% downloaded will prevent language selection from working in game.
We have identified the cause of this issue and should have a fix applied in a future update.
Favourite player: IM.MVP ~ Favorite league: IPL
Proof.
Profile Joined August 2011
535 Posts
February 19 2013 19:07 GMT
#153
Wow those portraits look AMAZING! "Reoptimizing" atm..can't wait to log in..
He who has a why to live can bear almost any how
winadil
Profile Joined January 2011
74 Posts
February 19 2013 19:19 GMT
#154
anyone else having problems connect to streaming server?
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
February 19 2013 19:20 GMT
#155
On February 20 2013 04:01 stichtom wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 03:19 Kisezik wrote:
i have a problem with the new language and language text feature, after switching text and language from english to korean, everything changed which is great, but now i cant seem to change it back to english or any other language and its just all stuck as korean.

I have tried using the variables.txt to change localassets to manually change koKR to enUS but that didnt work either, so i don't know i need some help :S

From the Known issues thread (http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2301630502) :
Show nested quote +
Changing your language selection in the launcher before data is 100% downloaded will prevent language selection from working in game.
We have identified the cause of this issue and should have a fix applied in a future update.


I think I found a workaround. I was using an English client, but prior to the patch it was in Portuguese(BR). When I opened my languages tab, it showed me "Portuguese(BR)" for both options, yet the client was in English.

What I did was change the languages to English(US), close the game with the prompt window, open it again and change it back to Portuguese(BR) and close it with the prompt window. Portuguese localizations were downloaded and the game in at the right language now.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Clefairy
Profile Joined September 2011
1570 Posts
February 19 2013 19:26 GMT
#156
Goddamn I knew I should have gotten all the co-op achievements before the patch. I only needed to get the race achievements against medium AI but now we can't pick difficulties and if I keep winning I'll just go up against harder and more tedious AIs...
Csong
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada396 Posts
February 19 2013 19:26 GMT
#157
omg this is so awesome. good job blizzard!
Nerevar
Profile Joined January 2013
547 Posts
February 19 2013 19:32 GMT
#158
On February 20 2013 04:20 Zephirdd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 04:01 stichtom wrote:
On February 20 2013 03:19 Kisezik wrote:
i have a problem with the new language and language text feature, after switching text and language from english to korean, everything changed which is great, but now i cant seem to change it back to english or any other language and its just all stuck as korean.

I have tried using the variables.txt to change localassets to manually change koKR to enUS but that didnt work either, so i don't know i need some help :S

From the Known issues thread (http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2301630502) :
Changing your language selection in the launcher before data is 100% downloaded will prevent language selection from working in game.
We have identified the cause of this issue and should have a fix applied in a future update.


I think I found a workaround. I was using an English client, but prior to the patch it was in Portuguese(BR). When I opened my languages tab, it showed me "Portuguese(BR)" for both options, yet the client was in English.

What I did was change the languages to English(US), close the game with the prompt window, open it again and change it back to Portuguese(BR) and close it with the prompt window. Portuguese localizations were downloaded and the game in at the right language now.

Unfortunately, this fix didn't work for me. I assume that I'll have to wait until Blizzard themselves fixes this bug since the relocalizer doesn't seem to work for this patch.
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
February 19 2013 19:33 GMT
#159
Looks pretty cool to me, definitely going to have to spend some time in the settings menu though.
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
February 19 2013 19:53 GMT
#160
Seems to be lagging terribly. Probably because of the amount of people DLing the patch?
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings124
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 253
NeuroSwarm 170
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 189
hero 47
Terrorterran 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1153
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Counter-Strike
taco 455
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King188
hungrybox111
Other Games
summit1g10293
Maynarde206
ArmadaUGS42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick433
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 157
• practicex 15
• Berry_CruncH12
• Letter147
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo991
• Rush858
• Stunt106
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 5m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
7h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 5m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.