• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:51
CEST 06:51
KST 13:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9891 users

vVv gaming closes SC2 division - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
253 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 13 Next All
MCXD
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Australia2738 Posts
January 29 2013 18:30 GMT
#121
Didn't we know about this months ago? I swear we knew about vVv closing down ages ago.
Burns
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2300 Posts
January 29 2013 18:31 GMT
#122
If you wanted to be optimistic you could say that
Even though star2 may not be doing as well as other titles. LoL is going strong and and continuing to advance esports as a whole.
What do you mean you heard me during the night, these are quiet pants!
Spectralx
Profile Joined November 2010
United States198 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-01 01:39:00
January 29 2013 18:51 GMT
#123
Done, just done wit it. Great people make up vVv. It turned way sour after Wednesday Night Starcraft left. After that the community was ripped apart by cuts to non-sponsored members(?) and false promises. vVv hates criticism, as do we all, but we can't be afraid to call out those who do not follow though. I feel a lot of us are. Starcraft has been purging and this was another step. Good luck,
Spectral - Paralyzed Quadriplegic Gamer
FoShao
Profile Joined November 2012
United States256 Posts
January 29 2013 19:17 GMT
#124
vVv? never heard of em' but now it seems obvious why. Bad team.
Jakkerr
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands2549 Posts
January 29 2013 19:24 GMT
#125
vVv still had a SC2 division?
Zygno
Profile Joined August 2012
Austria276 Posts
January 29 2013 19:25 GMT
#126
On January 30 2013 04:17 FoShao wrote:
vVv? never heard of em' but now it seems obvious why. Bad team.


I didn't hear anything about them too until this, but no need to hate. There must me a lot of people being interested in vVv, otherwise i can't imagine why this news is featured. Well, good luck unknown team!
MurDeRsc2
Profile Joined May 2010
133 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-29 20:16:49
January 29 2013 19:33 GMT
#127
I played for vVv for a few years, I was vVvMurDeR.

I don't have too much to say about this, but I feel I should say a few things since I was the captain of the team when I was there. I had a mostly positive experience with Jerith and Doom. As I would have expected, most of the posts here are negative, so I am trying to stay positive in light of what others have said. I hope I am not making myself a target by defending them.

I had the opportunity to meet Jerry and Doom (Jordan) many times. I visited them on a few occasions and had the pleasure of staying with them in their guest room when I visited Chicago. They are intellectual, fun, and genuine people. That doesn't make them perfect.

They are both good people who try to do the right thing. At the end of the day, it is their money at stake if the organization (vVv) fails or starts to lose money, so it is unreasonable for anyone to tell them how to spend money. In my opinion, however, vVv's failure was due to lack of money to help sponsor and encourage players. Other teams were more willing to commit financially, vVv tried to spend as few pennies as possible. I am grateful for the sponsorship they gave to me, but definately acknowledge that other teams had more significant benefits and often (in my opinion) "lesser" players were getting more than I/we were.

I don't think anything done by the vVv management was malicious or intended. The SC2 division had troubles from its very inception and never materialized into what many of us had initially dreamed.

WIth all that said, I think its good that vVv is moving on from SC2.

NOTE: I am not commenting on the current drama with the Aspire team or NubrGNi. I do not know Babytoss or NubrrGNi. I am talking on my experiences which were before them. I acknowledge that many people have been negatively affected but believe, again, that it wasn't intended or malicious. vVv may not have always done 100% "right" by me but I genuinely believe they tried and intended to do so. I have no hard feelings when its all said and done.

Finally, I'd like to make a shoutout to all the Funtastic/Quantum/vVv guys I met and played with while I was there. Roar was our first manager and really did a good job at getting our first good recruits and forming the team that would form Quantum from Funtastic. We were a team of friends. I miss you guys/those times. Sugarbear eventually took over and is an awesome guy who doesn't get enough credit. I don't want to start naming players because there were so many but you know who you are.

At the end of the day, I choose to reflect on the good times. I know that everyone who was in vVv got something good out of it, even if it was brief or insignificant.

EDIT: Special shoutout to my best friend Noxie because he got insecure when I did not mention him specifically.
ShotgunMike
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden241 Posts
January 29 2013 19:36 GMT
#128
I guess vVv has been around in e-sports for some time now. But have they ever had strong SC2 presence? I agree that the post on the closure was bad, and they don't seem to have treated the players very nice. But how many professional full-time players did they have in SC2? Any team will close their weakest link when in trouble.

The statement on the SC2 scene just sucks. Shows how little they know.
Hot_Bid: "B10" - ThorZain: "BINGO" - Naniwa: "Apologize! ¤%#¤#&¤% Terran IMBA"
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
January 29 2013 19:36 GMT
#129
On January 30 2013 03:31 Burns wrote:
If you wanted to be optimistic you could say that
Even though star2 may not be doing as well as other titles. LoL is going strong and and continuing to advance esports as a whole.


Or we are just one year ahead of LoL and their teams will be self destructing soon enough. It is only a matter of time.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Noxie
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2227 Posts
January 29 2013 19:38 GMT
#130
On January 30 2013 04:33 MurDeRsc2 wrote:
I played for vVv for a few years, I was vVvMurDeR.

I don't have too much to say about this, but I feel I should say a few things since I was the captain of the team when I was there. I had a mostly positive experience with Jerith and Doom. As I would have expected, most of the posts here are negative, so I am trying to stay positive in light of what others have said. I hope I am not making myself a target by defending them.

I had the opportunity to meet Jerry and Doom (Jordan) many times. I visited them on a few occasions and had the pleasure of staying with them in their guest room when I visited Chicago. They are intellectual, fun, and genuine people. That doesn't make them perfect.

They are both good people who try to do the right thing. At the end of the day, it is their money at stake if the organization (vVv) fails or starts to lose money, so it is unreasonable for anyone to tell them how to spend money. In my opinion, however, vVv's failure was due to lack of money to help sponsor and encourage players. Other teams were more willing to commit financially, vVv tried to spend as few pennies as possible. I am grateful for the sponsorship they gave to me, but definately acknowledge that other teams had more significant benefits and often (in my opinion) "lesser" players were getting more than I/we were.

I don't think anything done by the vVv management was malicious or intended. The SC2 division had troubles from its very inception and never materialized into what many of us had initially dreamed.

WIth all that said, I think its good that vVv is moving on from SC2.

NOTE: I am not commenting on the current drama with the Aspire team or NubrGNi. I do not know Babytoss or NubrrGNi. I am talking on my experiences which were before them. I acknowledge that many people have been negatively affected but believe, again, that it wasn't intended or malicious. vVv may not have always done 100% "right" by me but I genuinely believe they tried and intended to do so. I have no hard feelings when its all said and done.

Finally, I'd like to make a shoutout to all the Funtastic/Quantum/vVv guys I met and played with while I was there. Roar was our first manager and really did a good job at getting our first good recruits and forming the team that would form Quantum from Funtastic. We were a team of friends. I miss you guys/those times. Sugarbear eventually took over and is an awesome guy who doesn't get enough credit. I don't want to start naming players because there were so many but you know who you are.

At the end of the day, I choose to reflect on the good times. I know that everyone who was in vVv got something good out of it, even if it was brief or insignificant.


vVv Made me meet this fool. Who as stands today is still one of my best friends. Regardless of them doing anything right or wrong, Im happy that we were always a team of friends when we originally got picked up after the release of the game.
rockahn
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
12 Posts
January 29 2013 20:04 GMT
#131
did they have an "excellent run". This might be sugarcoating it a bit, but it is sad that another team is disbanded albeit a lower tier team
Homework
Profile Joined December 2010
United States283 Posts
January 29 2013 20:16 GMT
#132
Wait, they still had an SC2 division? I'm confused. I thought they stopped existing years ago.
AnomalySC2
Profile Joined August 2012
United States2073 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-29 20:19:10
January 29 2013 20:18 GMT
#133
On January 30 2013 05:04 rockahn wrote:
did they have an "excellent run". This might be sugarcoating it a bit, but it is sad that another team is disbanded albeit a lower tier team


They had a strong presence on the NA ladder around beta/launch and shortly after. I hadn't heard much from them recently, in fact I didn't even know they still had an sc2 division. But yeah, it's sad to see another sc2 team bite the dust. At this point it seems like it would be far easier to count how many pro teams still exist compared to how many have disbanded. The sc2 ship is sinking fast

At least LoL is still going strong in esports, and Dota 2 is making some splashes as well.
IcariumJhag
Profile Joined November 2011
United States21 Posts
January 29 2013 20:20 GMT
#134
On January 29 2013 21:19 LunaSea wrote:
LordJerith won't be missed.


Lol, I don't think he is going anywhere.
Next time there is drama with TL he will come right back.
I mean you only had to look at his twitter feed to know this team was doomed no matter what.
MurDeRsc2
Profile Joined May 2010
133 Posts
January 29 2013 20:44 GMT
#135
Last I heard Jerry got what was probably a dream job for him at Riot.

Don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty confident Jerry is doing just fine.

I believe he is truly a passionate supporter of e-sports and gaming in general. I truly believe he tried his best with a model he knew; He had a specific vision and he's a stubborn guy. He wanted things done his way because of his strong vision. Personally, I don't fault him there. It was, afterall, HIS organization. Trust me, I disagreed with many things while I played for him, but I always respected him.

You guys don't know any stubborn people? Some may argue he is "stuck in his ways" or as I would put it stubborn and there's some truth in that but I know plenty of people that are stubborn and ignorant and no one that knows Jerry in any real way would not call him ignorant. The man is successful and has put his money into growing a gaming organization and through the organization has undeniably aided many gamers of all walks of life. How many of us can say that? As individuals, I mean.

Again, I have not been part of the team for a long time. I do not know what has occured in the past few months. I want to shed light on the positive, though, because there is only negative wherever I look.

Most of what I have read, however, is basically just general hate towards vVv/Jerry/"Management." The amount of anger has surprised me.
SlayerOfYou
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
58 Posts
January 29 2013 21:44 GMT
#136
LordJerith nobody knows who you were or cares who you are. Please leave with disgrace, and u are a failure in your endeavors of the present. You said, "who cares what you did 10 years ago" which is exactly how i feel about your rant about your resume of so called "accomplishments" lol you are joke as a human being
Mirosuu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
England283 Posts
January 29 2013 21:57 GMT
#137
I really don't understand the business decision of going to an already saturated game such as LoL. Yeah sure, you could argue that they have a massive playerbase, and eyes on a stream, but my point is that it's so damn hard now to get to a point where your new team would be anywhere near competitive for any titles or tournaments that it's not really that viable for a new team to really make a splash or make a return on the investment for their players.

What's even worse about this decision is that they have to pay MORE players to travel to events to do equally as bad as their players did in SC2 (no offense to the vVv guys who participated in SC2, i'm just going on the results). So technically, they're paying MORE money out, to fly a team of guys (5 + any backroom guys needed to support the players) to do arguably equal or worse in terms of results and exposure for the team and their sponsors, and then fuck over their SC2 players because LoL seems a better choice for their so called management.

I just don't understand how this could be in any way a better investment for a team that's probably not swimming in money or has massive backers or thousands of fans.

SC2 is cheaper and still very very viable for any up and coming teams if you do the right things. You can't just put a team out and expect them to just win tournaments nowadays for SC2. It's matured, so you need to mature as management and be smart about your investments, whether it be in random free-agent Koreans, or a good up-and-comer from NA sevrer (everyone loves a Scarlett story when it comes to tournaments).

Meh, they made their mind up, and burned some bridges along with it. I don't expect many people here or on reddit to give them much forgiveness if they ever come back to SC2 after this.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
LiquidSlick
Profile Joined January 2011
United States33 Posts
January 29 2013 22:04 GMT
#138
vVv didn't close their SC2 team simply because they were "bad." People need to start thinking that maybe something drastic needs to happen to this scene or SC2 will be just as niche as BW was.
"Tonights the night." - Dexter Morgan
Dosey
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4505 Posts
January 29 2013 22:07 GMT
#139
Always felt vVv was the MoW of teams... Worked with them before and left much to be desired.
snively
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States1159 Posts
January 29 2013 22:27 GMT
#140
owch. i heard bad stuff about vvv a long long time ago, but i always thought it was an exageration. i guess at least some of it was true
My religion is Starcraft
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings133
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 189
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 207
hero 166
sorry 42
Mind 27
Bale 18
Terrorterran 16
ZergMaN 8
Icarus 6
Noble 4
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1024
League of Legends
JimRising 722
Counter-Strike
taco 482
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King144
Other Games
summit1g9850
Maynarde193
RuFF_SC2147
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick479
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH305
• Hupsaiya 124
• practicex 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2104
League of Legends
• Rush1197
• Stunt264
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 9m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 9m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 9m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.