• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:36
CEST 16:36
KST 23:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9263 users

[interview] guys from wcs asia now in global final

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-13 17:04:48
October 13 2012 16:25 GMT
#1
these are the first two dudes to qualify for the wcs global finals

(P)Liquid_HerO

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

+ Show Spoiler +

How does it feel to advance to the WCS Global Finals?

My main goal here was to earn a spot in the world finals, and I'm thrilled about being the first person to get through. Today was a very tiring day, but that makes advancing feel all the more rewarding.

You defeated Seed during the third round of the winners' bracket.

I was nervous because I remembered all of the times that I had lost to him. But this time, I told myself that I wouldn't lose to him and that I would get revenge. There were times when I was worried that I could lose, but by and large, the games were comfortable.

How were your matches against your two non-Korean opponents?

To be honest, because I didn't know them well, I thought at first that they would be weak. However, they turned out to be stronger than I expected, and they put up a good fight. I had believed that Chinese players lacked skill, but after playing against them, I felt that they had grown much as a whole.

Are you thinking about winning the Asia finals?

I definitely feel more relaxed now. Because I was able to win against Seed, I feel a bit more confidence in winning.

Have you thought against playing a rematch against Rain?

When I lost 0-3 to him in the GSL quarterfinals, it was very frustrating and painful for me. During this WCS Asia finals, I want to make sure that I face him once again. Looking back at that loss, it made me feel a lot of things.

Is there anyone in particular we should watch out for during the global finals?

Zerg is really strong nowadays, so people should keep an eye on Stephano and Scarlett. Those two players are very skilled. I'll have to be careful of foreign Zergs in general.

Please tell us your feelings about competing in a Chinese tournament for the first time.

This is my first time traveling to China, and the country is far cleaner and pleasant than I'd thought it would be. I've been to many foreign tournaments, but this time, Blizzard is taking excellent care of us players. However, the tournament wasn't run as well as it could have been. The players were kept waiting for long periods of time, and it was difficult to practice due to issues with the computers turning off because of power problems. Today, I woke up at 5 and arrived at the venue at 7, but there were constant delays.

Do you have anything that you would like to add?

I would like to thank my team's sponsors, TLAF, Razer, and Twitch.tv. Because I came alone, I wasn't accompanied by any of my team's coaches, but the players and staff on other teams helped me a lot, so I would like to thank them, too. And finally, I'm always grateful to my fans.




(P)CJEntus_herO[jOin]

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

+ Show Spoiler +

You're the first KeSPA player to make it to the WCS Global Finals.

Starting from dawn, I've played through some strenuous matches. Because I was able to persevere through such a difficult situation, I feel even happier than I normally would after earning such results.

You were matched up against some difficult opponents today.

To tell the truth, I wasn't looking forward to the matches, but after defeating Squirtle in the second round of the winners' bracket, I felt like the games were becoming easier.

How was the game flow during your match against Squirtle?

Throughout the match, Squirtle played using a very safe style. After identifying that aspect of his play, I began to play more greedily. That was key to my victory.

How was your match against Sen during the third round of the winners' bracket?

Sen played very well. During the first set, there were numerous moments where I was in danger of losing, but I was able to win because of a lucky Vortex. I was able to take the second set more easily in comparison.

You showed good form during WCS Korea.

When I was first pitted against e-Sports Federation players in that tournament, I felt a swirl of emotions, and I also learned many things during that time. Even during this tournament, I'm learning a lot. Even just by listening to the things that Rain and the eSF players say, I'm figuring out many new concepts.

This is your first foreign tournament. How does it feel?

When I first arrived in China, I felt very excited. I had some hassles due to losing my schedule and being unfamiliar with the tournament format. Playing here felt very different from competing in a Korean studio.

If you could select someone to face in the global finals, whom would you pick?

I want to face Liquid`HerO because he has the same ID as me. It's great that I was able to become acquainted with him during the Asia finals. Looking at the brackets, I found that they distinguished between us using the capitalization of our IDs. From now on, I want to be the one to use the ID (laughs).

You could also possibly face Rain.

He is a divine existence. I'm afraid of meeting him, but if I do, I will play with the goal of gaining more experience.

Between HerO and Rain, whom do you think is the stronger player?

The two have quite distinct styles. Rain goes for a solid style while HerO prefers micro-heavy flexible play. We would all be able to learn a good deal if the two were to play a match against each other. Even as I played against Squirtle today, I was able to learn a great number of things.

Do you feel a desire to win the Asia finals?

Because I'm human, of course I want to win after advancing this far. However, every player here is a potential threat to me; they're all too good. Out of all the Korean players, I think I'm the least skilled.
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
October 13 2012 16:26 GMT
#2
congrats Hero! Now go win the whole thing!
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
SilSol
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden2744 Posts
October 13 2012 16:28 GMT
#3
gj HerO!!! <3
http://fragbite.se/user/117868/silsol since 2006 http://www.reddit.com/u/silsol77
Ettick
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States2434 Posts
October 13 2012 16:30 GMT
#4
herO vs HerO INC!!!!
Ichabod
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1659 Posts
October 13 2012 16:30 GMT
#5
Yay Hero (s)!
Ryncol
Profile Joined July 2011
United States980 Posts
October 13 2012 16:31 GMT
#6
Great to see Liquid`Hero beat Seed and qualify!
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
October 13 2012 16:34 GMT
#7
Interviews! :3
Refer to my post.
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
October 13 2012 16:34 GMT
#8
herO[join] seems to always beats Rain, will look forward to that
fcb10
Profile Joined February 2012
113 Posts
October 13 2012 16:36 GMT
#9
wow CJhero got through? he is second last of Kespa in MvP league. imagine how good Kespa players are now :O
Cinquedea
Profile Joined July 2012
Canada144 Posts
October 13 2012 16:37 GMT
#10
ugh, too much protoss.
Too strange to live, too rare to die.
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
October 13 2012 16:37 GMT
#11
On October 14 2012 01:34 Zenbrez wrote:
Interviews! :3

interviews for the interview god, translations for the translation throne
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-13 16:39:41
October 13 2012 16:39 GMT
#12
Protoss heroes. Thanks for the interview
o choro é livre
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
October 13 2012 16:39 GMT
#13
They should play a match and purposely try to lose to determine who is the HherO of humbleness.
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
October 13 2012 16:40 GMT
#14
On October 14 2012 01:37 wozzot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2012 01:34 Zenbrez wrote:
Interviews! :3

interviews for the interview god, translations for the translation throne

There is only one king
Refer to my post.
DreamOen
Profile Joined March 2010
Spain1400 Posts
October 13 2012 16:42 GMT
#15
Double hero's advancing! , lets see who else goes to the global finals.
Tester | MC | Crank | Flash | Jaedong | MVP
Hryul
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Austria2609 Posts
October 13 2012 16:48 GMT
#16
so many heroes poor Stephano Lex Luthor.
Countdown to victory: 1 200!
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
October 13 2012 17:31 GMT
#17
Hehehehehe this is awesome!!! Hope to see the two face off
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
aRyuujin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5049 Posts
October 13 2012 17:37 GMT
#18
Hero x hero :D
can i get my estro logo back pls
mrRoflpwn
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2618 Posts
October 13 2012 17:38 GMT
#19
The two have quite distinct styles. Rain goes for a solid style while HerO prefers micro-heavy flexible play. We would all be able to learn a good deal if the two were to play a match against each other. Even as I played against Squirtle today, I was able to learn a great number of things


They did play a match against each other just 2 weeks ago... -.-
Great interview btw!
Long live the Boss Toss!
PixelNite
Profile Joined August 2011
France1008 Posts
October 13 2012 17:42 GMT
#20
This is an awful thread title . Thanks for the translations !
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 42
CosmosSc2 36
trigger 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53008
Shuttle 9451
FanTaSy 1737
BeSt 660
Horang2 490
Larva 150
Soma 145
Sexy 144
Last 115
Mind 102
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 93
Pusan 83
Zeus 77
Hyun 64
hero 62
Sea.KH 57
Killer 52
Aegong 47
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 25
PianO 22
Rock 17
NaDa 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc4910
qojqva2248
Dendi1456
420jenkins522
Fuzer 9
Counter-Strike
fl0m3135
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor938
Liquid`Hasu714
Other Games
B2W.Neo860
Beastyqt710
Mlord455
byalli393
Livibee215
Hui .197
ArmadaUGS139
KnowMe91
QueenE66
Mew2King63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick704
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1203
League of Legends
• Nemesis3489
Other Games
• WagamamaTV185
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
24m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 24m
Replay Cast
8h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 24m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
20h 24m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 20h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.