• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:55
CEST 21:55
KST 04:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8604 users

Simple [HOTS] Questions, Simple [Beta] Answers - Page 59

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 63 Next
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
March 10 2013 06:11 GMT
#1161
Does Contaminate on specific Nexus prevents from recalling to that nexus or activating Nexus cannon on it?
CamoPillbox
Profile Joined April 2012
Czech Republic229 Posts
March 10 2013 09:34 GMT
#1162
,what are recommended apm for every race in host mean for every race ?for casual players
Czech Terran(Hots) player
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
March 10 2013 18:47 GMT
#1163
On March 10 2013 15:11 Existor wrote:
Does Contaminate on specific Nexus prevents from recalling to that nexus or activating Nexus cannon on it?


I'm not 100% sure, but I think both spells will still work and this is my reasoning:

A contaminated hatchery can still be transfused or injected (though progress stops).
A contaminated PF will still attack.

This is just something you'd have to test when ingame though, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasnt't consistant.
myRZeth
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany1047 Posts
March 10 2013 19:10 GMT
#1164
On March 11 2013 03:47 Najda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2013 15:11 Existor wrote:
Does Contaminate on specific Nexus prevents from recalling to that nexus or activating Nexus cannon on it?


I'm not 100% sure, but I think both spells will still work and this is my reasoning:

A contaminated hatchery can still be transfused or injected (though progress stops).
A contaminated PF will still attack.

This is just something you'd have to test when ingame though, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasnt't consistant.



it still works
source last HDstarcraft cast on youtube
followZeRoX
Profile Joined March 2011
Serbia1451 Posts
March 10 2013 19:35 GMT
#1165
Sry, probably was asked bilion times, but when I enter game key (I am purchasing digital), only then I can DL Hots client and play right? Or can I DL somewhere now and just start playing when its released.
Sherlock-Canada
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada269 Posts
March 10 2013 19:47 GMT
#1166
On March 11 2013 04:35 ZeRoX-45 wrote:
Sry, probably was asked bilion times, but when I enter game key (I am purchasing digital), only then I can DL Hots client and play right? Or can I DL somewhere now and just start playing when its released.


WoL includes HotS in the most recent (14GB) patch.
followZeRoX
Profile Joined March 2011
Serbia1451 Posts
March 10 2013 20:37 GMT
#1167
On March 11 2013 04:47 Sherlock-Canada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2013 04:35 ZeRoX-45 wrote:
Sry, probably was asked bilion times, but when I enter game key (I am purchasing digital), only then I can DL Hots client and play right? Or can I DL somewhere now and just start playing when its released.


WoL includes HotS in the most recent (14GB) patch.


Thx !
rEalGuapo
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany832 Posts
March 10 2013 22:47 GMT
#1168
How big is Starcraft 2 supposed to be right now?
My friend's is 15GB and he can't download anything, I am at 20 of 23 GB. I read stuff between 13 and 30.

I don't understand why there would be this huge differences. Internet is slow here and downloading so much stuff is really annoying..
Btw I ran the repair tool, nothing changed.
DeCoup
Profile Joined September 2006
Australia1933 Posts
March 10 2013 23:12 GMT
#1169
Mines 13GB and I have the HoTS patch downloaded.
"Poor guy. I really did not deserve that win. So this is what it's like to play Protoss..." - IdrA
DeCoup
Profile Joined September 2006
Australia1933 Posts
March 10 2013 23:21 GMT
#1170
On March 11 2013 04:47 Sherlock-Canada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2013 04:35 ZeRoX-45 wrote:
Sry, probably was asked bilion times, but when I enter game key (I am purchasing digital), only then I can DL Hots client and play right? Or can I DL somewhere now and just start playing when its released.


WoL includes HotS in the most recent (14GB) patch.

The total size of the HoTS patches is 5GB not 14GB. This is not the full game. It is the update that will be applied after you download/install the HoTS expansion. It contains any changes which have been made between the physical version (The copy that comes in the box) and the release date.
"Poor guy. I really did not deserve that win. So this is what it's like to play Protoss..." - IdrA
TeslasPigeon
Profile Joined March 2012
464 Posts
March 10 2013 23:31 GMT
#1171
On March 10 2013 15:11 Existor wrote:
Does Contaminate on specific Nexus prevents from recalling to that nexus or activating Nexus cannon on it?


Violet did this against Socke during IEM WC and he was still able to use nexus cannon.

I hope blizzard changes it because it seems like a really useful thing for contaminate to do.
ricepudding
Profile Joined February 2013
47 Posts
March 11 2013 03:30 GMT
#1172
On March 10 2013 18:34 CamoPillbox wrote:
,what are recommended apm for every race in host mean for every race ?for casual players


APM doesn't matter as much as people think it should.
If you want to improve, work on improving by learning new strategies, game mechanics, or getting better at macro/micro. Don't focus too much on APM. If you're a good player, you will have a high APM. If you're in bronze league, having an APM of 300 isn't going to get you into silver if you don't understand the basics of the game.

There is no recommended APM. Just do your best ^_^
never say die.
IceLemonTea23
Profile Joined June 2012
Malaysia18 Posts
March 12 2013 11:43 GMT
#1173
What is the current mappool in hots ?
Maaasta
Profile Joined April 2010
61 Posts
March 12 2013 12:25 GMT
#1174
On March 12 2013 20:43 IceLemonTea23 wrote:
What is the current mappool in hots ?


Akilon Wastes
Bel'Shir Vestige LE
Daybreak LE
Neo Planet S LE
Newkirk Preinct
Kohal City
Star Station
Whirlwind LE

For what are the Shiny Borders around the Avatar some people have?
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
March 12 2013 13:02 GMT
#1175
Why can't i see achievements pop-up anymore when i get them? they just show up on the summary screen after each mission.
I have toasts checked, is there anything else i'm missing?
We make signature, then defense it.
Deleted User 137586
Profile Joined January 2011
7859 Posts
March 12 2013 13:49 GMT
#1176
On March 10 2013 18:34 CamoPillbox wrote:
,what are recommended apm for every race in host mean for every race ?for casual players


That's a tricky question. The races are different but not in raw APM. If you're choosing between them, we can differentiate macro mechanics.

Protoss is mostly spell-casting, mouse accuracy based APM. You need to hit force-fields, storms, and even warp-in can be a chore.

Terran units don't have that many spells but require a ton of micro, especially the infantry. If you like army movement type of APM management, take terran.

Zerg has more unforgiving macro-mechanics: injects and creep spread. This will tax your mechanical skill to do efficiently, and if you don't, it hurts your gameplay. But if you feel you might be good at repetitive macro mechanics, choose zerg.

GL HF.
Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
March 12 2013 14:10 GMT
#1177
On March 12 2013 22:49 Ghanburighan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2013 18:34 CamoPillbox wrote:
,what are recommended apm for every race in host mean for every race ?for casual players


That's a tricky question. The races are different but not in raw APM. If you're choosing between them, we can differentiate macro mechanics.

Protoss is mostly spell-casting, mouse accuracy based APM. You need to hit force-fields, storms, and even warp-in can be a chore.

Terran units don't have that many spells but require a ton of micro, especially the infantry. If you like army movement type of APM management, take terran.

Zerg has more unforgiving macro-mechanics: injects and creep spread. This will tax your mechanical skill to do efficiently, and if you don't, it hurts your gameplay. But if you feel you might be good at repetitive macro mechanics, choose zerg.

GL HF.


I have to disagree slightly. For casual players, APM is almost completely irrelevant.

I would advise playing random for a while, and figuring out the "feel" of each race. Personally, I have good micro and control, but I can macro best with Protoss. I'd like to play Terran, because my micro just feels better with that race, but my macro is stronger on Toss by enough that it warrants me just playing Toss. Whether it's because I have an easier time memorizing Warp Gate times, or the macro is more forgiving, is sort of irrelevant, I just sort of "get" Protoss better.
shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
padfoota
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Taiwan1571 Posts
March 12 2013 15:58 GMT
#1178
How do you counter swarmhosts in teamgames >_>?
Stop procrastinating
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
March 12 2013 16:12 GMT
#1179
On March 13 2013 00:58 padfoota wrote:
How do you counter swarmhosts in teamgames >_>?


Carriers.

Seriously though, you're going to have to be more specific if you want actual help.
padfoota
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Taiwan1571 Posts
March 12 2013 16:17 GMT
#1180
On March 13 2013 01:12 Najda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2013 00:58 padfoota wrote:
How do you counter swarmhosts in teamgames >_>?


Carriers.

Seriously though, you're going to have to be more specific if you want actual help.


Ok Lets say its TP vs PZ

Terran goes for widowmine defense + heavy mmm or mmt and controls the map

Zerg gets a some swarm hosts and they start pushing together. With the swarmhosts tanking (jesus christ how much hp do tey have) and they mmm as dps its painful as hell...and eventually the swarmhosts just gets to ridiculous numbers.

I feel that tanks are absolutely worthless against locusts for some reason...it just doesnt seem to hurt them enough
Stop procrastinating
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1525
RotterdaM969
TaKeTV 420
IndyStarCraft 198
SteadfastSC187
ZombieGrub101
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1525
RotterdaM 969
IndyStarCraft 198
SteadfastSC 187
MaxPax 182
RuFF_SC2 154
ZombieGrub101
UpATreeSC 67
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2690
Shuttle 522
Dewaltoss 122
910 69
Mind 61
Bale 13
Counter-Strike
fl0m4027
pashabiceps1219
Fnx 687
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu619
Other Games
Grubby4997
summit1g1498
Beastyqt801
shahzam439
mouzStarbuck400
ToD205
C9.Mang0147
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV206
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 192
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• Eskiya23 16
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade228
Other Games
• imaqtpie730
• Shiphtur330
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 5m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 5m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.