• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:12
CEST 05:12
KST 12:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10203 users

Moletrap Caster Feedback - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
TapetalKarma
Profile Joined May 2011
United States127 Posts
August 30 2012 23:15 GMT
#141
On August 30 2012 12:12 phunnykidd wrote:
moletrap " mvp maybe lost 5 or 6 scvs... circa 7 scvs" in reality they JUST showed the worker kill count and its 24!!
what an idiot

User was warned for this post

standard moletrap
bad

User was warned for this post
phunnykidd
Profile Joined January 2012
United States22 Posts
August 31 2012 02:17 GMT
#142
watching him cast MC vs a kespa toss was soooo bad. the whole time it was obvious MC was going for a blink stalker play to FF the ramp to keep him out of his main, and moletrap is like "oh MC always does this, he always has sentries for guardian shields! he loves it!!" umm no? then he sees the warp prism carrying the sentries, even MORE obvious he then says " oh wow MC going for an elevator strategy with all his men now!" um NOOOOOO you idiot he has BLINK!

dude... its just soooo frustrating. i think im gonna watch the korean stream for now on T_T
bakarin
Profile Joined August 2012
Japan121 Posts
August 31 2012 02:19 GMT
#143
I'm not really a fan of moletrap but I'm not a hater, he has room for improvement and considering grubby will co-cast him I guess he could improve his casting on the OSL
akari~n
oOOoOphidian
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1402 Posts
August 31 2012 02:31 GMT
#144
You guys should realize he is solo casting with no access to the game client. It's not like he has the same resources as GSL. Yeah, people like me also do the same thing from home, but it's definitely not easy and I make mistakes too. Don't criticize him as much for things like that.

Personally I think he needs to brush up on his game knowledge, because he is making many wrong calls in games. It's hard for him to be stuck with the current role of analyst and "noob friendly" caster, I would wait until he has Grubby supporting him before make decisions about not watching because of him. His bias toward players and teams is distracting, but that happens for many casters, it's natural.

I think he'll recognize his current casting is not at his best level and it's affected by many things. Don't rush to judgment and miss something like Grubby casting with him.
Creator of sc2unmasked.com
StimiLant
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States534 Posts
August 31 2012 02:35 GMT
#145
I think ooooophidians points are valid, grubby as co caster will make the duo great imho. keep at it moletrap much <3 for the content u provide/castings. thx
Kfcnoob
Profile Joined January 2011
United States296 Posts
August 31 2012 02:39 GMT
#146
i will probably get flamed for this but i cannot stand his low league quality knowledge base and thus primitive casting analysis level. he just makes nonsensical conclusions that any more expierenced player would be like "uhhhhh.....no?, have u even considered these obvious counter arugments to that idea, e.g. x,y,z," it really ruins the game for me, i cant stand knowing way more than the purported 'expert commentator'. it makes ogn look like a joke imo, even tho i KNOW its not.
And Artosis sayeth "the one who kills many, but loses few, comes out ahead."
Sinensis
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2513 Posts
August 31 2012 04:08 GMT
#147
On August 31 2012 11:39 Kfcnoob wrote:
i will probably get flamed for this but i cannot stand his low league quality knowledge base and thus primitive casting analysis level. he just makes nonsensical conclusions that any more expierenced player would be like "uhhhhh.....no?, have u even considered these obvious counter arugments to that idea, e.g. x,y,z," it really ruins the game for me, i cant stand knowing way more than the purported 'expert commentator'. it makes ogn look like a joke imo, even tho i KNOW its not.


Do not start a thought with that if you ever want to be taken seriously. You're just asking people to flame you... why? Don't you take your contributions seriously enough to expect them not to be flamed?
Kleinmuuhg
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Vanuatu4091 Posts
August 31 2012 04:17 GMT
#148
managed to watch one vod yesterday, he really wasnt that bad
This is our town, scrub
titan55
Profile Joined July 2009
United States227 Posts
August 31 2012 04:35 GMT
#149
My opinion is this, please let me know if you disagree.

It seems like most haters hate the fact that he lacks game knowledge and has bad casting skills

Most supporters say "he just needs to brush up on knowledge and it should be good to go"

However, the thing is, moletrap has been professional (getting paid to do so) casting starcraft 2 for basically a year +. How can a person getting paid to do his job STILL have to "brush up" knowledge after a year of doing it professionally??

I think that ALONE makes me question moletrap's effort in his job and his commitment. I criticize him because i see NO improvements in all of his mistakes. It seems like hes just doing it to get by and not trying to do it better.
ElephantBaby
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1365 Posts
August 31 2012 04:56 GMT
#150
On August 31 2012 03:08 JeffVader wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2012 02:41 ElephantBaby wrote:
You are biased already by starting this thread.

Love moletrap, and always will.


Sorry but isn't this the definition of biased? You saying you love him and always will?


I'm presenting my own support, but he is trying to start a riot.
S2Glow
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Singapore1042 Posts
August 31 2012 05:05 GMT
#151
yeah to sum it up , its the game knowledge that is an issue. prob ogn need to hire a caster that atleast have 1000+ points in masters before able to cast haha
<3 Katelyn , C Zerg. Dying wish is to watch proleague live and see my girlfriend which gonna be soon! <33
PuercoPop
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Peru277 Posts
August 31 2012 05:06 GMT
#152
Hey man I used to hate your casting back in GomTV, to the point of muting. You have improved quite a lot, still not my favorite but a solid caster. Keep it up. Looking forward to seeing you cast with Grubby.
The Proof of the Pudding is in the eating!
Kharnage
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia920 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-31 05:34:28
August 31 2012 05:28 GMT
#153
On August 30 2012 04:16 BoZiffer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2012 03:50 bigtabs wrote:

He needs to vastly improve his working knowledge of Starcraft 2. I feel I know more about it than he does and I've only been playing irregularly for 6 months and am a lowly silver leaguer. He's had 2 years as a professional caster. He should know a lot more than I do about the game. On that note, I think he should recieve some coaching in all the races and play them regularly. Even if his mechanics hold him in the lower leagues, he needs to understand the game at a higher level.



Pretty much this. I can tolerate a less than gold plated radio voice or tangential stories if I am getting competent in-game perspective. I don't need Moletrap to be an analyst but I do need him to have a better understanding of the inner-workings of the game to keep me listening if he's by himself. Probably will be fine with Grubby though.


This so much.
When his cast is obviously incorrect I get angry at him. Basically I can't trust anything that he's saying because he might be completely wrong on the simpliest issue. I'm better off muting the stream and listening to music when he's actually spreading misinformation about what's going on in game.


On August 31 2012 11:31 oOOoOphidian wrote:
You guys should realize he is solo casting with no access to the game client. It's not like he has the same resources as GSL. Yeah, people like me also do the same thing from home, but it's definitely not easy and I make mistakes too. Don't criticize him as much for things like that.

Personally I think he needs to brush up on his game knowledge, because he is making many wrong calls in games. It's hard for him to be stuck with the current role of analyst and "noob friendly" caster, I would wait until he has Grubby supporting him before make decisions about not watching because of him. His bias toward players and teams is distracting, but that happens for many casters, it's natural.

I think he'll recognize his current casting is not at his best level and it's affected by many things. Don't rush to judgment and miss something like Grubby casting with him.


Sorry, but this is irrelivant to me. It's part of the reason, sure, but he doesn't get forgiven for it. I'm sorry, but he's casting. him. He's the dude sitting behind the desk so he's the one who cops the hate. It may be unfair, but that's the way it works. When he says he can't see the supply count because the display is bad I just think 'wow, this is a crap cast. I can see the supply count, why bother with the cast?'
What do you think tastosis would do if they couldn't see the supply count?
VirgilSC2
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States6151 Posts
August 31 2012 05:34 GMT
#154
I liked him better when he was casting LoL to be honest. Much more his element I think.
Clarity Gaming #1 Fan | Avid MTG Grinder | @VirgilSC2
bhfberserk
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada390 Posts
August 31 2012 05:43 GMT
#155
I have nothing against moletrap, but he constantly try to predict the obvious and when it happens he yells out "See, I called it."
The complete lack of game knowledge is intolerable...
czylu
Profile Joined June 2012
477 Posts
August 31 2012 05:45 GMT
#156
On August 31 2012 14:34 VirgilSC2 wrote:
I liked him better when he was casting LoL to be honest. Much more his element I think.


He does play-by-play only in the OGN LOL casting, while Torch(or Scarra/Locodoco) did the analysis. His play-by-play was tolerable and decent. The problem w/ his SC2 casting is he's kinda forced into the analyst role simply because of his knowledge(and lets be real here, he knows a LOT about the players and their styles as he's been casting starcraft for years). He just sounds like a pompous idiot because of the way he casts, interrupting people and completely missing what's on the screen, but he actually does know A LOT about the game.
pieisamazing
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1234 Posts
August 31 2012 05:57 GMT
#157
He's just not very engaging, accurate, or enthusiastic. I wish we could just get grubby to solo cast the OSL. This is really quite a shame.
connoisseur
Tayar
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1439 Posts
August 31 2012 06:01 GMT
#158
IMO he brings nothing to the table.
He's not funny or personable,
he doesn't mesh well with other casters and help create synergy
he's not good at play by play,
he doesn't provide in depth analysis,
he doesn't have insight into the current metagame,
he doesn't have info on lesser known players, (this from GSL days, everyone is OSL is well known)
he doesn't have stats on recent results from well known players
So my 'constructive criticism' is thus: Dearest Moletrap, pick one of the items above and learn to do it. The last two would be a great idea, as all it requires is a bit of effort and research.
Or just wait for grubby to arrive. Grubby is a superhero and will save OSL from their crappy format/stream/moletrap.
nmetasch
Profile Joined April 2012
United States600 Posts
August 31 2012 06:22 GMT
#159
On August 31 2012 13:56 ElephantBaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2012 03:08 JeffVader wrote:
On August 31 2012 02:41 ElephantBaby wrote:
You are biased already by starting this thread.

Love moletrap, and always will.


Sorry but isn't this the definition of biased? You saying you love him and always will?


I'm presenting my own support, but he is trying to start a riot.


I'm not trying to start a riot, i'm trying to make a situation that would normally drive me away from watching OSL events with English commentary in favor of Korean commentary more favorable. How would you have approached the situation in a less biased way? I made as many points as I could to show respect to Moletrap and make this thread constructive. I'm trying to do everything in my power, as a consumer, to make a product that I am very interested in, more attractive than it currently is.

If I were trying to start a riot, I would have just suggested all of the angry Moletrap haters all email Kespa that they are boycotting if he casts. I doubt OGN will ever even see this thread. Moletrap, on the other hand, will see it. And I hope he can appreciate the people giving honest feedback, and ignore the people rudely flaming him. I in no way condone the sort of approach and attitude many people in this thread are taking, and wish it to be as civil and polite as possible. I believe that, if Moletrap is willing to listen to much of his feedback, he can become a quality caster. Infact, there have been marked improvements in his casting not, in my view, since his switch to OSL from GSL. However, unfortunately, it is still not on par with what I would expect from a caster of the one of the most prestigious leagues in the history of esports, and a premeir Starcraft 2 league at that.

So my apologies for voicing my opinion and doing my part as a consumer to try to help a product I want to support improve.
Fluid
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada136 Posts
August 31 2012 06:26 GMT
#160
No one can escape the fortress of the moles!
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings135
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 180
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10381
Terrorterran 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1106
NeuroSwarm191
febbydoto16
League of Legends
JimRising 711
Counter-Strike
taco 298
minikerr40
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King245
hungrybox110
Other Games
summit1g9354
Maynarde212
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick406
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 12
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 169
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo801
• Rush502
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 49m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
7h 49m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 49m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.