• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:17
CEST 10:17
KST 17:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9607 users

Heart of the Swarm TvP Battle Report! - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 80 Next
LOLItsRyann
Profile Joined April 2011
England551 Posts
August 11 2012 01:40 GMT
#101
Good news! Can't wait to see it. Hopefully, they'd have made more balance changes. Also, I can't see why people have to make a big deal of announcing whatever. I do follow day9, but I hadn't heard this, so now i know it. And that's good. Why do people have to start a war about everything?
EG<3
uh-oh
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Hong Kong135 Posts
August 11 2012 13:20 GMT
#102
I'm a bit worried about how TvP's gonna work in HOTS, battle hellion+warhound+viking(perhaps with ghosts) is a very mobile, cheap and powerful mix that can easily crush almost any protoss army, do protoss have to play defensive and rely on oracle/tempest harassment and mass recall timing attacks? Because it seems like in a straight up fight terran will be really good vs protoss.
When I get to grandmasters, you have my permission to die!
Doublemint
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria8760 Posts
August 11 2012 13:24 GMT
#103
I am very interested in the battle report, see new units in action and get a little feeling for how games can play out
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before the fall.
Sea_Food
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Finland1612 Posts
August 11 2012 13:26 GMT
#104
Why would anyone care about the battle report?
You can already play HotS as a custom mod.
Why would I want to see some blizz guys play a scripted game that totally would never happen in a real situatio?n
playa
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1284 Posts
August 11 2012 13:28 GMT
#105
I can't wait to see cannon defense combined with a nexus that is a cannon, so toss doesn't have to make units that can't even win against scvs in the early game. Maybe in the next expansion they can get rid of the nexus cannon and maybe add a gateway unit that doesn't suck.
WArped
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom4845 Posts
August 11 2012 13:29 GMT
#106
I hope the Warhound proves everybody wrong and is useful but not so easy to use. If the Terran just rolls in and rockets auto-fire everywhere and murders everything I will feel disappointed. Some micro involved when using a mech TvP army would be very welcome. Looking forward.
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
August 11 2012 13:32 GMT
#107
I really hope we see mech.
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
August 11 2012 13:32 GMT
#108
On August 10 2012 21:49 apm66 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2012 21:48 stevarius wrote:
On August 10 2012 21:46 apm66 wrote:
Making announcement of an annoucement? You really thought this was thread-worthy?


It isn't an announcement of an announcement.

Are you too dumb to even read what he said?


If this is an announcement of an announcement per your logic, then a newspaper or written ad for a movie is actually an announcement of an announcement.


Yes. Did you?

"Look no further! On Monday, August 13th at 7pm"

LOL
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
ohampatu
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1448 Posts
August 11 2012 13:35 GMT
#109
lol @ people thinking this is an announcement of an announcement.


This is simply an annoucement. And a good one. No fluff, he told us everything. He didn't say 'hey guys on monday i'll annouce something'. He said 'hey guys this is happening on monday'.


Thank you for sharing OP
I am become death, for I am the destroyer of worlds.....You will be missed KT Violet!!!
Garmer
Profile Joined October 2010
1286 Posts
August 13 2012 07:40 GMT
#110
7pm PST?
SACtheXchng
Profile Joined January 2011
168 Posts
August 13 2012 09:39 GMT
#111
On August 10 2012 21:53 Roe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2012 21:49 apm66 wrote:
On August 10 2012 21:48 stevarius wrote:
On August 10 2012 21:46 apm66 wrote:
Making announcement of an annoucement? You really thought this was thread-worthy?


It isn't an announcement of an announcement.

Are you too dumb to even read what he said?


If this is an announcement of an announcement per your logic, then a newspaper or written ad for a movie is actually an announcement of an announcement.


Yes. Did you?

"Look no further! On Monday, August 13th at 7pm"

No, there's skim reading and then there's thorough reading. What you need to do is thoroughly read the post.
You'll find that there's only an announcement of an event. It's not an announcement of an announcement. The guy is announcing that an event will happen on monday. He isn't announcing that on monday he'll reveal more information about an even later event.
I can't believe we're actually doing this, but are you all clear on what this is now?

You're semanticking semantics.
NATO
Profile Joined April 2010
United States459 Posts
August 13 2012 09:40 GMT
#112
On August 13 2012 16:40 Garmer wrote:
7pm PST?


PDT
http://day9.tv has a countdown timer that is based on your computer's clock, so it should be accurate no matter your timezone.
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
August 13 2012 09:45 GMT
#113
God, what has this community become. (this is not directed at the thread starter)
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12059 Posts
August 13 2012 09:47 GMT
#114
Really looking forward to this, I can't wait to see if they show off mech and how it'll work in HoTS in TvP. I mech already but I really want to see how the new stuff will fit in.

(Mines! Mines! YEEES! <3333)
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Meatloaf
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Spain664 Posts
August 13 2012 09:56 GMT
#115
On August 13 2012 18:47 Qikz wrote:
Really looking forward to this, I can't wait to see if they show off mech and how it'll work in HoTS in TvP. I mech already but I really want to see how the new stuff will fit in.

(Mines! Mines! YEEES! <3333)


All the new units are from the factory and mech , of course they will show off mech! xD

I'm Eager to see how P deals with the new T units and how does a meching T with almost no AA deal with a 22 range MFing Tempest.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10383 Posts
August 13 2012 10:07 GMT
#116
On August 11 2012 22:29 WArped wrote:
I hope the Warhound proves everybody wrong and is useful but not so easy to use. If the Terran just rolls in and rockets auto-fire everywhere and murders everything I will feel disappointed. Some micro involved when using a mech TvP army would be very welcome. Looking forward.


Well remember not both styles mech and bio have to revolve around micro'ing in the sense of stutter stepping and splitting and such. Mech is micro'd in a different way, as in positioning. I like this uniqueness. There is still some micro to mech like kiting and stacking with vikings or splitting them, EMP/sniping HTS, kiting with hellions (and now, knowing when to turn them into battle hellions), etc. etc.

What I hope I do not see is a bio army in the form of mechanical units, played bio style, but without the splitting and stutter stepping (at least to not the extent that MMM is associated with). I want to see tanks, mech armies split apart to push while defending harass, and constant repositioning/reinforcing of positions.
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12059 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-13 10:29:25
August 13 2012 10:29 GMT
#117
On August 13 2012 18:56 Meatloaf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2012 18:47 Qikz wrote:
Really looking forward to this, I can't wait to see if they show off mech and how it'll work in HoTS in TvP. I mech already but I really want to see how the new stuff will fit in.

(Mines! Mines! YEEES! <3333)


All the new units are from the factory and mech , of course they will show off mech! xD

I'm Eager to see how P deals with the new T units and how does a meching T with almost no AA deal with a 22 range MFing Tempest.


I reckon vikings will have to be made to deal with the Tempest but that isn't so bad as vikings are kind of necessary anyway if they carrier switch/mass void rays (I've lost to both of them, thors suck in those situations).
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Salteador Neo
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Andorra5591 Posts
August 13 2012 10:29 GMT
#118
On August 13 2012 18:56 Meatloaf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2012 18:47 Qikz wrote:
Really looking forward to this, I can't wait to see if they show off mech and how it'll work in HoTS in TvP. I mech already but I really want to see how the new stuff will fit in.

(Mines! Mines! YEEES! <3333)


All the new units are from the factory and mech , of course they will show off mech! xD

I'm Eager to see how P deals with the new T units and how does a meching T with almost no AA deal with a 22 range MFing Tempest.


Protoss should be able to scout factories with an obs and out-macro by expanding a lot (abusing the lack of mobility of every mech unit that is not a hellion), a la Brood War Style. Immortals should keep him in the game in the meantime.

For Tempests there are vikings of course. Should stomp them hard.
Revolutionist fan
ODKStevez
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland1225 Posts
August 13 2012 10:47 GMT
#119
On August 10 2012 21:46 apm66 wrote:
Making announcement of an annoucement? You really thought this was thread-worthy?


I call it spreading the word. People like me would not have known about this if it wasn't for this thread. Please don't act like that with someone who actually helps.
Luppa <3
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
August 13 2012 10:48 GMT
#120
Well terrible time to release any content for a global game anyways, will watch it tomorrow though, I'd prefer to get beta myself though. And no a custom map that uses a build that might be over half a year old is not the same thing as actually playing hots.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 80 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1193
BeSt 325
Soma 245
Soulkey 228
sorry 154
Larva 81
Mind 66
Bale 26
ZerO 26
soO 24
[ Show more ]
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
scan(afreeca) 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm187
League of Legends
JimRising 613
Counter-Strike
edward419
Other Games
summit1g9202
Coldzera 687
WinterStarcraft660
singsing630
Sick211
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick725
BasetradeTV220
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2227
League of Legends
• Jankos1076
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
1h 43m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
3h 43m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.