• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:45
CEST 02:45
KST 09:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9691 users

Maphacker invited to WCS USA Qualifiers @ MLG - Page 20

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 43 Next All
legacytyro
Profile Joined May 2011
United States6 Posts
June 06 2012 04:10 GMT
#381
I have a teammate competing in WCS, it would be really sad if all the hard work my team mate put in was destroyed because he get's beaten by a hacker.
bzeng5114
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada5 Posts
June 06 2012 04:10 GMT
#382
I saw both videos and is basing my comment on only what I saw. If he was 4 gating does it matter if he scounts? The lack of scounting could be his play style since hes already going for an all-in build in his head before the game even started. As for FAITH, if you really are a good player, you will get noticed. Flaming another player does not make you a the right candidate for the spot. If he really is a hacker, then the world will know at WCS.
you want some wine with that cheese?
eXigent.
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Canada2419 Posts
June 06 2012 04:13 GMT
#383
On June 06 2012 12:44 eyeEX wrote:
If he has any tie to the community and knows of this threads existence, I highly doubt he will actually show up to the event for fear of some one actually physically harming him. Not saying this is the right thing to do at all, just saying it is very possible.


I talked to him online (added him through GM list) and he said he IS going to the LAN, and is 100% confident that no one will try and harm him. Actually he laughs about it and really doesnt give a fuck about anything. He thinks MLG is gonna be on his side, and he will be allowed to play. He is waiting for support from MLG so he can talk with them.

Basically he is going and doesn't give 2 shits about anything.
Specialist
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States803 Posts
June 06 2012 04:13 GMT
#384
On June 06 2012 13:10 legacytyro wrote:
I have a teammate competing in WCS, it would be really sad if all the hard work my team mate put in was destroyed because he get's beaten by a hacker.


I don't think anyone would lose to Zack at wcs usa.
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
June 06 2012 04:14 GMT
#385
On June 06 2012 13:08 TBone- wrote:
Can you imagine how awkward it would be to cast his game. Or even worse, if he won the event and admitted to being a maphacker on stage.


Well, if he has the skill to win the LIVE event, then maybe he actually deserves it, I am pretty sure you can't hack there.
PowerDes
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States520 Posts
June 06 2012 04:17 GMT
#386
On June 06 2012 13:14 SDream wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2012 13:08 TBone- wrote:
Can you imagine how awkward it would be to cast his game. Or even worse, if he won the event and admitted to being a maphacker on stage.


Well, if he has the skill to win the LIVE event, then maybe he actually deserves it, I am pretty sure you can't hack there.

Well he wouldn't have a free trip if he didn't cheat to get it.
twitch.tv/PowerDes
Valikyr
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2653 Posts
June 06 2012 04:18 GMT
#387
I hope ppl that will attend Anaheim will know how to treat this guy. Hacking is NOT acceptable if you want to be a part of this community.

That Blizzard actually invited an obvious hacker though tells something about them :/ He must've gotten a lot of reports about hacking. Still they chose to invite him and they didn't even investigate it. Such a shame.
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 04:23:57
June 06 2012 04:19 GMT
#388
To be completely honest, if I didn't love SC2 so much and knew that by hacking I could get an invite to WCS, I would do it to help clean up E-sports. And I'd show up and act like the biggest troll ever and do Bitbybit SCV all-ins and Gaulzi style cannon rushes. And I'd play random, especially vs Protoss players.

Blizzard needs to deal with this crap. This isn't Zack's fault, this is Blizzards fault. Hate the game, not the player.

The saddest part is that I predicted this kind of thing happening in the Impa thread...
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
June 06 2012 04:22 GMT
#389
On June 06 2012 13:13 eXigent. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2012 12:44 eyeEX wrote:
If he has any tie to the community and knows of this threads existence, I highly doubt he will actually show up to the event for fear of some one actually physically harming him. Not saying this is the right thing to do at all, just saying it is very possible.


I talked to him online (added him through GM list) and he said he IS going to the LAN, and is 100% confident that no one will try and harm him. Actually he laughs about it and really doesnt give a fuck about anything. He thinks MLG is gonna be on his side, and he will be allowed to play. He is waiting for support from MLG so he can talk with them.

Basically he is going and doesn't give 2 shits about anything.


How old it he? It seems he doesn't believe sociopaths exist. Some sociopaths act for some "random" reasons, but most take opportunities like this one to justify their acts and with the number of people going at MLG, the chances of one of them existing and doing something to him is not that small.

Anyway, I hope he gets into jail, what he did could be called steal, scam, I don't know, but it ought to be a crime, there is money involved, a tournament and more money after he shows up there, it's a huge scam to Blizzard + a steal to someone else that deserve it better. Jail now \o/
ReaperX
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Hong Kong1758 Posts
June 06 2012 04:23 GMT
#390
Wonder if he will do well without his hacks, he should be banned anyways how did this not come into light earlier? TT
Artosis : Clide. idrA : Shut up.
Specialist
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States803 Posts
June 06 2012 04:24 GMT
#391
On June 06 2012 13:23 ReaperX wrote:
Wonder if he will do well without his hacks, he should be banned anyways how did this not come into light earlier? TT


The list was announced only a few days ago...

QQ
Valikyr
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2653 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 04:24:45
June 06 2012 04:24 GMT
#392
On June 06 2012 13:19 BronzeKnee wrote:
To be completely honest, if I didn't love SC2 so much and knew that by hacking I could get an invite to WCS, I would do it to help clean up E-sports. And I'd show up and act like the biggest troll ever and do Bitbybit SCV all-ins and Gaulzi style cannon rushes. And I'd play random, especially vs Protoss players.

Blizzard needs to deal with this crap. This isn't Zack's fault, this is Blizzards fault. Hate the game, not the player.

Why can't I hate both? A hacker is an immoral person.
Sm1Le
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States179 Posts
June 06 2012 04:24 GMT
#393
On June 06 2012 12:49 VPFaith wrote:
Hi Gosu-user,

I was at the hospital with my grandma for 8 weeks because she was diagnosed pancreatic cancer. So I was not able to play Starcraft 2. I only had time to play at the last 2 playhem qualifiers only to be eliminated by Boyo and FGSiphonn, both of them won the tournament qualifier. Can you understand my situation? Thanks.


why would you want to compete while your grandma has pancreatic cancer?

and also, you didn't earn it, you don't deserve it. It would be unfair giving you the spot.
L3g3nd_
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand10461 Posts
June 06 2012 04:25 GMT
#394
On June 06 2012 13:24 Valikyr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2012 13:19 BronzeKnee wrote:
To be completely honest, if I didn't love SC2 so much and knew that by hacking I could get an invite to WCS, I would do it to help clean up E-sports. And I'd show up and act like the biggest troll ever and do Bitbybit SCV all-ins and Gaulzi style cannon rushes. And I'd play random, especially vs Protoss players.

Blizzard needs to deal with this crap. This isn't Zack's fault, this is Blizzards fault. Hate the game, not the player.

Why can't I hate both? A hacker is an immoral person.

yeah its pretty obviously zacks fault, i hate him, not blizzard.
https://twitter.com/#!/IrisAnother
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
June 06 2012 04:26 GMT
#395
On June 06 2012 13:19 BronzeKnee wrote:
To be completely honest, if I didn't love SC2 so much and knew that by hacking I could get an invite to WCS, I would do it to help clean up E-sports. And I'd show up and act like the biggest troll ever and do Bitbybit SCV all-ins and Gaulzi style cannon rushes. And I'd play random, especially vs Protoss players.

Blizzard needs to deal with this crap. This isn't Zack's fault, this is Blizzards fault. Hate the game, not the player.


Yeah, thing is that as long as there is a market for hacks they will exist no matter what the community and devs do(although I agree that Blizzard could be doing more about this.). Its moronic to blame the company and the game instead of the idiot that is commiting the crime itself....

Its definitively Zack's fault, he chose to hack, he chose to take up a spot from legit players, he chose to accept the spot. He is not someone trying to prove a point, he is a toolbad who decided to cheat in a videogame. Nothing more nothing else.
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
Vash_SC2
Profile Joined January 2012
United States122 Posts
June 06 2012 04:29 GMT
#396
Human race is sad
"Own-ed" - CatZ
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 04:44:23
June 06 2012 04:29 GMT
#397
On June 06 2012 13:26 windsupernova wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2012 13:19 BronzeKnee wrote:
To be completely honest, if I didn't love SC2 so much and knew that by hacking I could get an invite to WCS, I would do it to help clean up E-sports. And I'd show up and act like the biggest troll ever and do Bitbybit SCV all-ins and Gaulzi style cannon rushes. And I'd play random, especially vs Protoss players.

Blizzard needs to deal with this crap. This isn't Zack's fault, this is Blizzards fault. Hate the game, not the player.


Yeah, thing is that as long as there is a market for hacks they will exist no matter what the community and devs do(although I agree that Blizzard could be doing more about this.). Its moronic to blame the company and the game instead of the idiot that is commiting the crime itself....

Its definitively Zack's fault, he chose to hack, he chose to take up a spot from legit players, he chose to accept the spot. He is not someone trying to prove a point, he is a toolbad who decided to cheat in a videogame. Nothing more nothing else.


Guess you guys have never heard this quote:

The world is a dangerous place not because of people who do evil, but because of good people who look on and do nothing about it.
-- Albert Einstein


Evil people exist, pretending that their existence is the problem, is the problem! Instead the problem is not dealing with them correctly or not dealing with them at all. You even admit that as long as there is a market for hacks, people will use them. And thus, the problem isn't the hackers, the problem is when people don't deal with them.

Blizzard can't stop people from hacking, but Blizzard can punish them for doing it. And if Blizzard doesn't punish people for it, they are just as guilty as the hackers. We can't change what the hackers will do, but we can change how Blizzard will respond. That is why this isn't Zack's fault, the man is what he is, but Blizzard needs to step up to the plate and lay down the law. That is what Einstein was getting at and it is the only way to deal with the problems in the world.
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
June 06 2012 04:30 GMT
#398
Lol I guarantee this kid won't be showing up at the event. Of course he says he will and acts tough online, CombatEX and others do the same thing. I fucking guarantee he is too scared to show up. Besides, showing up would remind him too much of getting bullied on the playground as a child.
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
June 06 2012 04:35 GMT
#399
On June 06 2012 13:30 Doodsmack wrote:
Lol I guarantee this kid won't be showing up at the event. Of course he says he will and acts tough online, CombatEX and others do the same thing. I fucking guarantee he is too scared to show up. Besides, showing up would remind him too much of getting bullied on the playground as a child.


Yeah he won't show up. Hell I don't doubt that his plane ticket will be cancelled along with his account banned. It may be to late to get another player to take his place, but its not too late to deny him the spot.

Still, Blizzard really needs to address the hacking situation.
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
lessQQmorePEWPEW
Profile Joined November 2011
Jamaica921 Posts
June 06 2012 04:41 GMT
#400
I am convinced this POS is hacking. Hopefully blizzard looks into this!
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly - Bob Marley
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 43 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings88
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O168
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 188
ProTech17
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1000
ZZZero.O 168
Bale 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm200
League of Legends
Doublelift4683
Counter-Strike
minikerr22
Other Games
summit1g11822
JimRising 707
C9.Mang0346
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1176
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP119
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 15m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 15m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 15m
Replay Cast
22h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.