• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:49
CEST 22:49
KST 05:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8682 users

Nobody Plays 1v1 Ladder Anymore? - Page 77

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 86 Next
xShade
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada52 Posts
April 13 2012 03:59 GMT
#1521
On April 13 2012 09:13 ZAiNs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 09:23 xShade wrote:
When I play I ladder, but it's pretty casually. The game is pretty boring if you play it everyday for hours. Not to mention 50% of the time when I lose I just get BM'd either near the end of the game or after the game. They'll often send me a message and tell me how bad I am. I guess it gives them some sort of satisfaction, not really sure. Guess trolling is just too much fun for some people.

How do you know if you haven't done it? I'm pretty sure most pro-gamers and other people who play that much would disagree.


Because I did do it, sometime around season 2 or season 3. Played a couple hundred games during one of those seasons. It eventually got terribly boring. Obviously there's people that enjoy playing that often, but I'm not one of them.
This cake is fight
xUnSeEnx
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States183 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 04:05:39
April 13 2012 04:02 GMT
#1522
On April 13 2012 12:53 HypernovA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 11:12 JJH777 wrote:
It's because Blizzard destroyed battle.net. The reason I played WarCraft III for 8 years pretty much without ever taking a significant break was because of the community and custom games. I laddered a lot as well but if you remove those other two (which SC2 basically did) then people including myself just lose the will to play.


While this may be true, WC3 has survived for so long as well because of Dota (I know its a custom game but it did spawn an entire new genre of games)


Disagree, I stuck with Brood War for years because of the custom games and the chat channels, including WC3. I love SC but SC2 is showing no real awesomeness that the majority of blizzard games back then did. I will tell you I used to sit and play diablo 2 for hours and hours, and I wouldnt stop playing until I was like a 90 on all the characters or higher.

I just feel that I am losing satisfaction of playing in sc2 because of the leagues. If there was no leagues or the leagues were not like they are and more like just measuring your win/lose like in WC3 this game would be amazing. It is just I am sick of everytime I say something and I am not a high masters / Grandmasters I am shutdown, made fun of my play, called a scrub, etc. In broodwar's community, Yes I am only D in ICCUP, but my opinion matters and I am listened to even though I suck at the game.

All that to say, the community is the real problem in SC2, you ask for help in Broodwar you are generally greeted kindly and shown or you can talk with people who will coach you for free. This game is just boring, to say the least, and generally the community is a bunch of pricks who think they are better than someone IRL because of a rank in their profile. (At least that is the attitude I am getting from a majority of the people in SC2, while there are some who are "cool" and nice I would say probably at least 70% of the community acts like this).
"All your base are belong to us."
DemigodcelpH
Profile Joined August 2011
1138 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 04:13:34
April 13 2012 04:13 GMT
#1523
On April 13 2012 13:02 xUnSeEnx wrote:
I just feel that I am losing satisfaction of playing in sc2 because of the leagues. If there was no leagues or the leagues were not like they are and more like just measuring your win/lose like in WC3 this game would be amazing. It is just I am sick of everytime I say something and I am not a high masters / Grandmasters I am shutdown, made fun of my play, called a scrub, etc. In broodwar's community, Yes I am only D in ICCUP, but my opinion matters and I am listened to even though I suck at the game.


Nope. You have some sort of cognitive bias going on. Just as a gold player has no place discussing SC2 balance, a D ranked player didn't and still doesn't had/has no place discussing BW balance, and was treated the same way.
leperphilliac
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States399 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 04:22:55
April 13 2012 04:22 GMT
#1524
Honestly? Cheese. No, not because of balance or anything like that. I'm too far below a level for that to be any relevant. I know I'm supposed to "lose until you figure out how to win against it" but honestly I just don't find it fun anymore. Not to mention almost 1/2 of my games are PvP (yay diamond protoss) and that by default is a terrible experience.
Gorkon
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada8 Posts
April 13 2012 05:40 GMT
#1525
I love the game, but when I get on a massive losing streak, I tend to quit for a few days to cool down. Getting much better, though. Going to place for S7 and begin laddering again tomorrow. Hopefully it goes well.
"More GG, more skill." -White-Ra
Witten
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2094 Posts
April 13 2012 06:57 GMT
#1526
On April 12 2012 07:55 Zeroxk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 07:43 Witten wrote:
On April 12 2012 07:29 ishyishy wrote:
On April 12 2012 07:26 ziggurat wrote:
On April 12 2012 07:05 Xirroh wrote:
Bliz should create casual BNet tournaments for weekends just like online poker websites run.

This would be a lot of fun, and give you something to work for without needing more then a 4-5 hour commitment whenever you have a free weekend day.

Basically you sign up into a 32 or 64 man bracket and it puts you in to BO1 or BO3 through the bracket. No-shows become walkovers. No cost to enter. Everything is automated with a group chat channel created for the tournament players.


They definitely should do this. In fact it seems incredibly obvious. This would be so much fun. It would be way better than just laddering.



This is already happening: its called beyond gaming and playhem lol. (also z33k.com)


I think he means tournaments where you actually have a chance, not tournaments full of high masters and grandmasters who will crush you in round 1 or 2 of a gigantic tournament bracket. A gold league tournament, or a silver league tournament or a completely random tournament of normal players, not full of pros and semi-pros, would be very enjoyable for most players under the level or masters. As it is there's no reason to join a playhem so a random mid-masters player can crush my platinum heart.


How come you've missed Playhem's daily lower league tourneys? Just look at this: http://playhem.com/#!/tourney/18973. If you're complaining about the prize pool that's just silly.


I visit Team Liquid every single day, watch scores of tournaments and consider myself more knowledgeable than the average Sc2 player (probably lower than most people on TL, but TL is a small minority compared to all who have bought Sc2). Despite all of that I had never ever heard of this. If someone like me who consumes Sc2 news and info on an incredibly regular basis doesn't know this tournament, it's highly probable the average Sc2 player hasn't heard about these either.
Brood War Forever / NA's premiere Shadow Shaman player / Courier Collector / Bot Game Champion / Highly amateur Mystical Ninja Goemon Speedrunner
Fugue
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia253 Posts
April 13 2012 07:07 GMT
#1527
I don't play 1v1 because it's just not as fun as the other game modes. The game might be balanced around 1v1, the strategies might be built around 1v1, but for more than half the playerbase that actually means diddly squat because the fundamentals aren't there.
boppel
Profile Joined March 2012
140 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 07:12:24
April 13 2012 07:11 GMT
#1528
On April 13 2012 12:59 xShade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 09:13 ZAiNs wrote:
On April 12 2012 09:23 xShade wrote:
When I play I ladder, but it's pretty casually. The game is pretty boring if you play it everyday for hours. Not to mention 50% of the time when I lose I just get BM'd either near the end of the game or after the game. They'll often send me a message and tell me how bad I am. I guess it gives them some sort of satisfaction, not really sure. Guess trolling is just too much fun for some people.

How do you know if you haven't done it? I'm pretty sure most pro-gamers and other people who play that much would disagree.


Because I did do it, sometime around season 2 or season 3. Played a couple hundred games during one of those seasons. It eventually got terribly boring. Obviously there's people that enjoy playing that often, but I'm not one of them.


ive played for a small team which gave me a small amount of money and some other goodys while playing for them,retired after season 1 since it took toooooo much time playing all day long and my grades went shit, and i just can fail studying because of a game..

when u get something for playing of course it does not get boring in that way it gets boring when u play without getting some kind of salary
HEROwithNOlegacy
Profile Joined June 2010
United States850 Posts
April 13 2012 07:52 GMT
#1529
2. gain something from playing ladder games, such as getting points to purchase items like in LoL (encourages casual players to ladder)

I think that is a great idea
SlayerS Fighting!
kekek
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland26 Posts
April 13 2012 08:03 GMT
#1530
On April 13 2012 16:52 HEROwithNOlegacy wrote:
2. gain something from playing ladder games, such as getting points to purchase items like in LoL (encourages casual players to ladder)

I think that is a great idea

And we'd have more "portrait farmers" and people who cheese 100% games only because they want the items, not because they enjoy the game.
o
Nihilnovi
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden696 Posts
April 13 2012 08:22 GMT
#1531
The sc2ranks site seems horribly broken, it's still showing season 5.
Orracle
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States314 Posts
April 13 2012 10:25 GMT
#1532
I think a large portion comes from two factors:
Community and improvement.

I know after I lost at IPL 4, I had no desire for this game. Came home, qued a placement match, and really had no desire to play it, so I instantly left and uninstalled my clients. When I play something, I want to be great. Looking at how big of a skill gap there is between most foreign players and Koreans at IPL made me realize how much time I'd have to dedicate to this game to be great; this is not appealing to me.

In BW, I'd play here or there, but would spend a large portion of my time chat crafting. There was a community aspect to it that kept me involved, and I would que a game here or there as well.

Beyond the chat aspect, lobbies, custom games, etc, if Blizzard implemented a system to allow people to view other's matches(such as DOTA 2 has), I think that would be a huge boost in player base. Sure, most players aren't really anything special to watch... but even 4-5 viewers of the match would be huge incentives for people to play a little more. Similar to when I'm streaming, if I have 20+ viewers, I stay on much longer playing.
SigmaoctanusIV
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States3313 Posts
April 13 2012 10:29 GMT
#1533
I personally have gotten tired of playing. SC2 feels so much more stale than BW and maybe I just need a race change but I am sick of playing 100 pvzs on ladder all day. BW you could choose your match ups in ICCup and focus on certain maps much easier than SC2. I might start playing again as a new race or wait for HOTS.
I am Godzilla You are Japan
-ForeverAlone-
Profile Joined June 2011
274 Posts
April 13 2012 10:36 GMT
#1534
On April 13 2012 13:02 xUnSeEnx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 12:53 HypernovA wrote:
On April 13 2012 11:12 JJH777 wrote:
It's because Blizzard destroyed battle.net. The reason I played WarCraft III for 8 years pretty much without ever taking a significant break was because of the community and custom games. I laddered a lot as well but if you remove those other two (which SC2 basically did) then people including myself just lose the will to play.


While this may be true, WC3 has survived for so long as well because of Dota (I know its a custom game but it did spawn an entire new genre of games)


Disagree, I stuck with Brood War for years because of the custom games and the chat channels, including WC3. I love SC but SC2 is showing no real awesomeness that the majority of blizzard games back then did. I will tell you I used to sit and play diablo 2 for hours and hours, and I wouldnt stop playing until I was like a 90 on all the characters or higher.

I just feel that I am losing satisfaction of playing in sc2 because of the leagues. If there was no leagues or the leagues were not like they are and more like just measuring your win/lose like in WC3 this game would be amazing. It is just I am sick of everytime I say something and I am not a high masters / Grandmasters I am shutdown, made fun of my play, called a scrub, etc. In broodwar's community, Yes I am only D in ICCUP, but my opinion matters and I am listened to even though I suck at the game.

All that to say, the community is the real problem in SC2, you ask for help in Broodwar you are generally greeted kindly and shown or you can talk with people who will coach you for free. This game is just boring, to say the least, and generally the community is a bunch of pricks who think they are better than someone IRL because of a rank in their profile. (At least that is the attitude I am getting from a majority of the people in SC2, while there are some who are "cool" and nice I would say probably at least 70% of the community acts like this).

My first impulse was to disagree with you... then I thought about why I never really laddered seriously. The whole "competition" aspect of leagues really is too annoying. Maybe that's not applicable to a lot of people... but being on top is important for me. The continual reminder that I suck and need to get better is actually a turnoff because it'd take a good amount of work to improve, and at the end of the day, this is only a video game. Leagues are great for people who take a game very seriously, but they might not have been the best option to keep casual gamers interested.
omg terran is hard to play
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 10:49:30
April 13 2012 10:48 GMT
#1535
On April 13 2012 19:36 -ForeverAlone- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 13:02 xUnSeEnx wrote:
On April 13 2012 12:53 HypernovA wrote:
On April 13 2012 11:12 JJH777 wrote:
It's because Blizzard destroyed battle.net. The reason I played WarCraft III for 8 years pretty much without ever taking a significant break was because of the community and custom games. I laddered a lot as well but if you remove those other two (which SC2 basically did) then people including myself just lose the will to play.


While this may be true, WC3 has survived for so long as well because of Dota (I know its a custom game but it did spawn an entire new genre of games)


Disagree, I stuck with Brood War for years because of the custom games and the chat channels, including WC3. I love SC but SC2 is showing no real awesomeness that the majority of blizzard games back then did. I will tell you I used to sit and play diablo 2 for hours and hours, and I wouldnt stop playing until I was like a 90 on all the characters or higher.

I just feel that I am losing satisfaction of playing in sc2 because of the leagues. If there was no leagues or the leagues were not like they are and more like just measuring your win/lose like in WC3 this game would be amazing. It is just I am sick of everytime I say something and I am not a high masters / Grandmasters I am shutdown, made fun of my play, called a scrub, etc. In broodwar's community, Yes I am only D in ICCUP, but my opinion matters and I am listened to even though I suck at the game.

All that to say, the community is the real problem in SC2, you ask for help in Broodwar you are generally greeted kindly and shown or you can talk with people who will coach you for free. This game is just boring, to say the least, and generally the community is a bunch of pricks who think they are better than someone IRL because of a rank in their profile. (At least that is the attitude I am getting from a majority of the people in SC2, while there are some who are "cool" and nice I would say probably at least 70% of the community acts like this).

My first impulse was to disagree with you... then I thought about why I never really laddered seriously. The whole "competition" aspect of leagues really is too annoying. Maybe that's not applicable to a lot of people... but being on top is important for me. The continual reminder that I suck and need to get better is actually a turnoff because it'd take a good amount of work to improve, and at the end of the day, this is only a video game. Leagues are great for people who take a game very seriously, but they might not have been the best option to keep casual gamers interested.


Reverse that argument. What you are basically saying is that you want to feel good even though you are bad and not actually know or not have a statistic telling you how good you are.
Is that really what you want? Something telling you "you are awesome!" even though you know that you are not?

I think that even casual gamers can enjoy competition, even if they have to admit that they are not as good as others.
labbe
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden1456 Posts
April 13 2012 10:50 GMT
#1536
A bit bored with the game personally. I need HoTS to bring me back.
MrTortoise
Profile Joined January 2011
1388 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 11:17:51
April 13 2012 11:15 GMT
#1537
On April 13 2012 16:52 HEROwithNOlegacy wrote:
2. gain something from playing ladder games, such as getting points to purchase items like in LoL (encourages casual players to ladder)

I think that is a great idea



I think thats a fucking terrible idea.

When i buy a game i want to play the game in full not have to play it for 80 hours to unlock some uber weapon that then unbalances the game for everyone else. (Or pay extra to get it early)

That sounds like a shitty game that introduces grind just to make people play it for longer before they come to their senses and realise that yes it is a shitty game.

IE games with grind usually have it in to incentivise play because the game itself is not an incentive to play ....



People forget that the ONLY purpose of the ladder from a game perspective is to match peopel up with fairly even games. The whole lets show everyone their rank thing was a terrible afterthought. Is the game starcraft 2 or is the game getting yourself higher up a ladder? They ARE 2 very different games.
Orracle
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States314 Posts
April 13 2012 11:22 GMT
#1538
On April 13 2012 20:15 MrTortoise wrote:


I think thats a fucking terrible idea.

When i buy a game i want to play the game in full not have to play it for 80 hours to unlock some uber weapon that then unbalances the game for everyone else. (Or pay extra to get it early)

That sounds like a shitty game that introduces grind just to make people play it for longer before they come to their senses and realise that yes it is a shitty game.

IE games with grind usually have it in to incentivise play because the game itself is not an incentive to play ....



People forget that the ONLY purpose of the ladder from a game perspective is to match peopel up with fairly even games. The whole lets show everyone their rank thing was a terrible afterthought. Is the game starcraft 2 or is the game getting yourself higher up a ladder? They ARE 2 very different games.


I'm assuming you're taking his post out of context. I don't think he necessarily means get better units. I think he's more referring to something such as new portraits, etc.
rd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2586 Posts
April 13 2012 12:20 GMT
#1539
On April 13 2012 20:15 MrTortoise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 16:52 HEROwithNOlegacy wrote:
2. gain something from playing ladder games, such as getting points to purchase items like in LoL (encourages casual players to ladder)

I think that is a great idea



I think thats a fucking terrible idea.

When i buy a game i want to play the game in full not have to play it for 80 hours to unlock some uber weapon that then unbalances the game for everyone else. (Or pay extra to get it early)

That sounds like a shitty game that introduces grind just to make people play it for longer before they come to their senses and realise that yes it is a shitty game.

IE games with grind usually have it in to incentivise play because the game itself is not an incentive to play ....



People forget that the ONLY purpose of the ladder from a game perspective is to match peopel up with fairly even games. The whole lets show everyone their rank thing was a terrible afterthought. Is the game starcraft 2 or is the game getting yourself higher up a ladder? They ARE 2 very different games.


Jeez, you took that post way, way out of context and strawmanned it to oblivion. It's not even relevant because unfortunately for you theres already achievements and portraits rewarded for winning. And I love them.
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
April 13 2012 13:28 GMT
#1540
On April 13 2012 19:48 KeksX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 19:36 -ForeverAlone- wrote:
On April 13 2012 13:02 xUnSeEnx wrote:
On April 13 2012 12:53 HypernovA wrote:
On April 13 2012 11:12 JJH777 wrote:
It's because Blizzard destroyed battle.net. The reason I played WarCraft III for 8 years pretty much without ever taking a significant break was because of the community and custom games. I laddered a lot as well but if you remove those other two (which SC2 basically did) then people including myself just lose the will to play.


While this may be true, WC3 has survived for so long as well because of Dota (I know its a custom game but it did spawn an entire new genre of games)


Disagree, I stuck with Brood War for years because of the custom games and the chat channels, including WC3. I love SC but SC2 is showing no real awesomeness that the majority of blizzard games back then did. I will tell you I used to sit and play diablo 2 for hours and hours, and I wouldnt stop playing until I was like a 90 on all the characters or higher.

I just feel that I am losing satisfaction of playing in sc2 because of the leagues. If there was no leagues or the leagues were not like they are and more like just measuring your win/lose like in WC3 this game would be amazing. It is just I am sick of everytime I say something and I am not a high masters / Grandmasters I am shutdown, made fun of my play, called a scrub, etc. In broodwar's community, Yes I am only D in ICCUP, but my opinion matters and I am listened to even though I suck at the game.

All that to say, the community is the real problem in SC2, you ask for help in Broodwar you are generally greeted kindly and shown or you can talk with people who will coach you for free. This game is just boring, to say the least, and generally the community is a bunch of pricks who think they are better than someone IRL because of a rank in their profile. (At least that is the attitude I am getting from a majority of the people in SC2, while there are some who are "cool" and nice I would say probably at least 70% of the community acts like this).

My first impulse was to disagree with you... then I thought about why I never really laddered seriously. The whole "competition" aspect of leagues really is too annoying. Maybe that's not applicable to a lot of people... but being on top is important for me. The continual reminder that I suck and need to get better is actually a turnoff because it'd take a good amount of work to improve, and at the end of the day, this is only a video game. Leagues are great for people who take a game very seriously, but they might not have been the best option to keep casual gamers interested.


Reverse that argument. What you are basically saying is that you want to feel good even though you are bad and not actually know or not have a statistic telling you how good you are.
Is that really what you want? Something telling you "you are awesome!" even though you know that you are not?

I think that even casual gamers can enjoy competition, even if they have to admit that they are not as good as others.


That's exactly what he's saying.

Most people just don't have the guts to accept the fact that they aren't good at something and need to train and work to get better. They want to see some artificial "You gained a level!" message every 20 minutes.
We already see Blizzard trying to appease these people with the fake Bonus Pool points and splitting things into Divisions... but sadly, some people won't be happy until their interface just displays a big gold star, A+, "YOU DID GREAT!" message at all times.

We'll never make these people happy without compromising the game for players who actually want a challenge and something to work at.

People praise BW and WC3 (both awesome games that I played a ton), but forget how horrible the ladders were on those games. Third parties had to come in and save the games by making a decent league/ladder system.
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason97
Nathanias 83
ProTech25
Nina 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14654
Dewaltoss 107
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift680
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4676
Khaldor1537
Liquid`Hasu835
Other Games
summit1g6201
fl0m944
shahzam491
byalli325
FrodaN237
C9.Mang0201
KnowMe173
ArmadaUGS128
UpATreeSC84
Mew2King74
PPMD17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV226
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream74
Other Games
angryscii13
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen219
Other Games
• imaqtpie875
• Shiphtur209
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 11m
Stellar Fest
16h 11m
OSC
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 13h
Online Event
1d 14h
FEL
1d 19h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 20h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 22h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.