• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:45
CEST 09:45
KST 16:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7140 users

Nobody Plays 1v1 Ladder Anymore? - Page 73

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 71 72 73 74 75 86 Next
IPA
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3206 Posts
April 11 2012 17:59 GMT
#1441
Only the competitors remain it seems. So many people don't have the mental strength to ladder. Cowardice, anxiety, excuses -- you'll find them all in this thread.

Enjoying the new season and having no trouble whatsoever finding games. I have been masters since it was offered and I don't care that I'll never make GM. I play for the competition, both the thrill and the agony. If you don't have that, SC isn't the game for you methinks.
Time held me green and dying though I sang in my chains like the sea.
KingDime
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada750 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-11 18:09:31
April 11 2012 18:07 GMT
#1442
Lets also not forget that finals are literally right around the corner for many people. While I bitch a lot about the game, i'll definitely be back. Finals were a good excuse for a break from the game and an opportunity to rethink how to improve instead of "how to win and not lose". You'll see a spike of players within the next month i'm certain.

I will say CSL kinda sucks in that the rounds of 64 and 32 are played right over finals allowing next to no time for practice. Off topic but on my mind.
Doom Guy
Leth0
Profile Joined February 2012
856 Posts
April 11 2012 18:14 GMT
#1443
I ladder, and it still takes me less than a minute to find a game to play. Those stats mean nothing to me and have no effect on the experience I have playing this game.
RogerShah
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands131 Posts
April 11 2012 18:25 GMT
#1444
I haven't played 1v1 anymore since season 3, but I still like to play ffa en 4v4 / 3v3 now and then. But since Blizzard doesnt refresh the map pool, my interest in that is currently very low.
FreeZEternal
Profile Joined January 2003
Korea (South)3396 Posts
April 11 2012 18:33 GMT
#1445
I've moved on to 2v2, 3v3. Much much more fun.
PresenceSc2
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4032 Posts
April 11 2012 18:34 GMT
#1446
I wonder how many of these excuses for not playing are just ladder fear.
Stephano//HerO//TaeJa//Squirtle//Bomber
L3gendary
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1470 Posts
April 11 2012 18:46 GMT
#1447
I think there's too much emphasis on the automatch. When you had lobbies you could make a game just to practice or play on the ladder at ur liking. Some people might go a week without playing, get really rusty and then not wish to play knowing they will get beat when they try to ladder again. I don't have any problems with hitting the button but i still get that feeling after not playing for a while so im not surprised that it turns less hardcore people away.
Watching Jaedong play purifies my eyes. -Coach Ju Hoon
ishyishy
Profile Joined February 2011
United States826 Posts
April 11 2012 19:01 GMT
#1448
I've enjoyed sc2 a lot more since I quit 1v1 and only played multiplayer. Anyone that is still complaining about "stress" or "motivation" issues needs to play multiplayer, or just quit the game. Only play a game if you enjoy it. If you dont enjoy it, then dont play it. It really is that simple.
tdt
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3179 Posts
April 11 2012 19:12 GMT
#1449
I think it's just a hard game compared to most. Most games are dumbed down/cosolized in general since hay day of late 90s early 2000s and SC2 remains hard.
MC for president
ishyishy
Profile Joined February 2011
United States826 Posts
April 11 2012 19:21 GMT
#1450
On April 12 2012 04:12 tdt wrote:
I think it's just a hard game compared to most. Most games are dumbed down/cosolized in general since hay day of late 90s early 2000s and SC2 remains hard.



Im one of those lazy fat americans that dont like challenges, so I play 3v3 and 4v4 because it is easy, non-stressful, and most of the time quick games. By doing this, I have found entertainment (even though not much) in sc2. Maybe others will too if they try it!
SageFantasma
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States383 Posts
April 11 2012 19:29 GMT
#1451
I've lost a lot of my interest in SC2 to be entirely honest. I have so many games that I enjoy playing, so many genres, and I want to play them all. Right now I simply don't have the time to play all of the games that I want to play. I'm sure during the summer I'll pick up SC2 more often just because I will have more free time to kill, I will have lost interest in other games. One of the bigger reasons why I don't play Starcraft 2 as often as other games that I play frequently is I get too easily frustrated with SC2. After playing Call of Duty nearly exclusively for almost four consecutive years at a competitive level, I have no more wanting to be angry with the game I'm playing. I'm sure that I am very much a minority here, but my competitive drive for video games is slowly dying out. I am only looking to play games for fun, and right now other games are offering more to me than SC2.

Also, as a last side-note, on a more recognizable level, I am a fairly social gamer. And when my computer gets in the way of me being social(anything more than a 1v1 and my computer shits itself and I go from 30 FPS to 2 FPS), I lose a lot of my enjoyment. Now that I don't have as much of an enjoyable social experience with 1v1s, SC2 doesn't have as much to offer to me as other games in the market.
stonetalon
Profile Joined July 2011
Netherlands482 Posts
April 11 2012 20:50 GMT
#1452
i got sick of allins being way too good.
people can get to like 2 leagues above where they should be just by being more allin on 1 base.
MarineKingPrime, LiquidTaeja, Grubby, Naniwa fighting!
Slapshot
Profile Joined January 2012
95 Posts
April 11 2012 21:16 GMT
#1453
On April 12 2012 05:50 stonetalon wrote:
i got sick of allins being way too good.
people can get to like 2 leagues above where they should be just by being more allin on 1 base.


I'm always amazed by these comments. As a diamond player on EU I get all-inned in maybe 10-15 % of my games and most of them are badly executed. Maybe I'm just lucky or it's worse in other leagues but I have a feeling the players that post these comments want to excuse themselves for not playing ladder or use a too broad definition of "all-in".
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
April 11 2012 21:21 GMT
#1454
On April 10 2012 23:07 dragonsuper wrote:
SC2 Isn't fun , 1 base macro strategy is too simple because workers mining is too efficient, units do more damage, hard counters too strong , and because of these facts timing attacks are so common in ladder... all is decided in one fight.
So boring game, i won't play anymore for sure.

I mean, really, do you actually play?

If some idiot tries to do a 1 base strat vs me it's ez pz win.

So many of the complaints I hear people have about SC2 are in reality, personal problems, not inherent in the game.

If you're not good enough to beat 1 base play, then you're going to be stuck in leagues where 1 base play is prominent.

If you really think that 1 base is somehow too strong, how can you explain that games are almost never 1 base (PvP being an exception) in top level games? I mean, it happens, but it's almost always some kind of cheese to throw off your opponent in a long series.
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
April 11 2012 21:26 GMT
#1455
I wonder what people would say about having a non-ladder league. Essentially, what I have in mind is a side-system identical to battlenet 1.0 where you would play nonranked games versus whoever was on battlenet. I think a lot of casual players would love to party up and just choose a map and "search" and get matched up with whoever else was searching at the time whether they be master league pros or bronze beginners. the result would be only to change their overall W-L (which would be shown). In brood war, many people simply felt proud if their 6000-3000 3v3 BGH records. truthfully, I think this could do wonders for the casual gamers out there.
Noro
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada991 Posts
April 11 2012 21:26 GMT
#1456
I don't get all the comments about how every game is a one base all in, or cheese or whatever. Last season I played around 200 games, I got cannon rushed once, but I'd say EASILY 90% of my games were macro games. I think people are making up excuses and not actually trying.
Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I'd strike the sun if it insulted me.
Psychobabas
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
2531 Posts
April 11 2012 21:27 GMT
#1457
On April 12 2012 06:26 JiYan wrote:
I wonder what people would say about having a non-ladder league. Essentially, what I have in mind is a side-system identical to battlenet 1.0 where you would play nonranked games versus whoever was on battlenet. I think a lot of casual players would love to party up and just choose a map and "search" and get matched up with whoever else was searching at the time whether they be master league pros or bronze beginners. the result would be only to change their overall W-L (which would be shown). In brood war, many people simply felt proud if their 6000-3000 3v3 BGH records. truthfully, I think this could do wonders for the casual gamers out there.


Really good idea.
Amlitzer
Profile Joined August 2010
United States471 Posts
April 11 2012 21:33 GMT
#1458
Nearly two years since the game has been released and the balance between the races is still a complete mess at best. Why would I waste my time playing an unfinished game, especially with HotS looming closer and closer, when I can play a more balanced (and therefore more fun) and complete game like BW?
"Not even justice, I want to get truth!"
ishyishy
Profile Joined February 2011
United States826 Posts
April 11 2012 21:36 GMT
#1459
On April 12 2012 06:26 JiYan wrote:
I wonder what people would say about having a non-ladder league. Essentially, what I have in mind is a side-system identical to battlenet 1.0 where you would play nonranked games versus whoever was on battlenet. I think a lot of casual players would love to party up and just choose a map and "search" and get matched up with whoever else was searching at the time whether they be master league pros or bronze beginners. the result would be only to change their overall W-L (which would be shown). In brood war, many people simply felt proud if their 6000-3000 3v3 BGH records. truthfully, I think this could do wonders for the casual gamers out there.


Explain to me how the ladder system isnt casual enough already?

First, There isnt even an incentive to go up in rank. Blizzard doesnt say "for every 10 ranks you move up, we will give you 5 blizzard points that you can use at the blizzard store!!" or anything like that.

Second, leagues and ranks: no one gives a shit about what league you are in or your rank lol. Litterally. No one. Cares. If I go into a chat channel and ask "Who here will care if I lose or win my next match on the ladder?" I'll get a bunch of troll and retarded responses about how dumb i am or something lol.

Third, if you are a "casual" player, and competition doesnt matter to you, then why are you even acknowledging that there is a ladder rank to begin with? If you enjoy playing the game, then you should be able to play the game regardless of who it is against or what the numbers say on your profile.
ishyishy
Profile Joined February 2011
United States826 Posts
April 11 2012 21:37 GMT
#1460
On April 12 2012 06:33 Amlitzer wrote:
Nearly two years since the game has been released and the balance between the races is still a complete mess at best. Why would I waste my time playing an unfinished game, especially with HotS looming closer and closer, when I can play a more balanced (and therefore more fun) and complete game like BW?


None is saying you have to play sc2. If you think it';s shit, then dont play it. Wtf do you want? lol
Prev 1 71 72 73 74 75 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 1034
910 741
ggaemo 686
actioN 605
Mong 272
Shuttle 111
Dewaltoss 92
Leta 86
yabsab 39
soO 32
[ Show more ]
Hm[arnc] 31
Bale 25
Aegong 15
Noble 14
Dota 2
Fuzer 83
League of Legends
JimRising 558
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss275
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor842
Other Games
summit1g8582
olofmeister666
ceh9543
Happy300
Mew2King108
ArmadaUGS35
trigger15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream147
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2319
League of Legends
• Rush1295
• Stunt444
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
5h 16m
OSC
14h 16m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 2h
Online Event
1d 3h
FEL
1d 8h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.