• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:42
CEST 15:42
KST 22:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8897 users

Nobody Plays 1v1 Ladder Anymore? - Page 72

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 86 Next
bluQ
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany1724 Posts
April 10 2012 11:41 GMT
#1421
Mostly playing customs vs friends.
No fun in ladder besides randoming. Too much retarded strats(alot of one basing).
ZvZ sucks in general. Maybe out of 100 games i really enjoyed 5 ZvZs.
Yea playing customs/tournaments is way more enjoyable because I don't have to deal with that said stuff in a constant fashion.
www.twitch.tv/bluquh (PoE, Starbow, HS)
xelf
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada16 Posts
April 10 2012 11:42 GMT
#1422
I'm grinding out - team protoss 1000 achievement I want that damn decal!
xrapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1644 Posts
April 10 2012 13:40 GMT
#1423
I guess not many people want to see "EZ EZ EZ" spam several times a day.
Everyone is either delusional, a nihlilst, or dead from suicide.
lightertripod
Profile Joined April 2012
United Kingdom44 Posts
April 10 2012 13:46 GMT
#1424
Most of the players I know who got the game around release have stopped playing myself I play maybe 1 ladder game a day.

The reason most of my friends gave for quiting was the lack of enjoyment due to high amounts of concentration needed to play when laddering you cannot approach the game as a casual thing so most stop laddering and play custom maps and such like monobattles there a lot of modded maps like this that can be approached in a casual manner.

Personally its abit of the above maybe more so now as I pretty much given up on the game playing the odd game a day but when I was climbing up the ladder and making a steady improvement the biggest turn off for me was the total inconsistency of the MMR and ladder system.
When trying to learn the game and improve I found it so hard to play such varied opponents and not knowing there ranking/league (which helps) before the game.
This leads to the same thing I seen lot of pros' complain about when they stream when a player is so bad you have no idea what the hell they are doing they sometimes end up losing cause of it this happens lot more when your ability is lacking as you learn I found this a massive turn off knowing what I needed to do(regardless of if my marco/micro are up to it) and losing to some random crap
Silentness
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2821 Posts
April 10 2012 13:51 GMT
#1425
I haven't played in like 3 months and I still was able to jump on ladder today and win some games.

I don't understand the ladder fear. Just jump into the game and have some fun. It's not like ladder placement is going to put you with Grandmasters if you are not at that skill level.
GL HF... YOLO..lololollol.
Laserist
Profile Joined September 2011
Turkey4269 Posts
April 10 2012 13:54 GMT
#1426
Playing SC2 needs too much attention and concentration that you couldn't have after a long work day. Also despite all of my effort, ladder anxiety somewhat stops me from playing.

I offrace to get rid of it or play some monobattles shit.

Solution would be a working custom game system like W3.
“Are you with the Cartel? Because you’re definitely an Angel.”
dragonsuper
Profile Joined October 2010
Liechtenstein222 Posts
April 10 2012 14:07 GMT
#1427
SC2 Isn't fun , 1 base macro strategy is too simple because workers mining is too efficient, units do more damage, hard counters too strong , and because of these facts timing attacks are so common in ladder... all is decided in one fight.
So boring game, i won't play anymore for sure.
lol
give.ViviD
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden235 Posts
April 10 2012 14:14 GMT
#1428
Ladder just gets boring after having played it for several months, and the custom game system is so stupid there's no point in playing them, and the team games are horrible imbalanced because of the retarded maps. The only thing that changes is the map pool, which isnt too exciting.
Rapture_FBGM
Profile Joined January 2012
United States36 Posts
April 10 2012 14:15 GMT
#1429
Not sure why people get so anxious. Unless you're trying to be competitive at a high level, laddering shouldn't really matter, so why get so stressed about it?
Let's have a blast!
bhfberserk
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada390 Posts
April 10 2012 14:26 GMT
#1430
1. Need Automated Tournament.
Can be league base and better community support to create friendly 1v1 experience. Great rewards for participating and more for winners.

2. Losing a Ladder game allows points (or something) to earn. To encourage anyone to play and rid the anxiety.
Blizzard MUST fix this. This is ruining the game. Of 30 friends I have, only 1 or 2 play, a very lonely game.
---> 2a. The custom game Starcraft Master was a really great feature. It makes all my friends to come online to get that portrait. The micro challenge is not easier than any ladder game. Therefore, Blizzard needs to make ladder go more hand in hand with achievement. More achievement to earn for just playing.

3. Better match making and display of rank. (ALLOW US TO SEE THE OPPONENT'S RANK OMFG INSTEAD OF SOME SHITTY "Slight favoured" which is totally inaccurate.)

4. Fix PvP, ZvZ.

5. More stats in your sc2 profile. To see which units you use the most, what match up is your strongest.. what maps....etc.

etc etc etc...... SC2 can be a much better game... hopefully we see some changes in patch 1.5.
YarNhoj
Profile Joined November 2010
United States69 Posts
April 10 2012 14:27 GMT
#1431
I didn't get over ladder anxiety until I finally realized that my standing within a division means nothing. I now use SC2Gears to track all my stats and that has provided me with a much more robust experience. But as a random player trying to make diamond I know that I will play many more custom games with friends than I ever will on ladder. Until there is some direct reward with laddering other than the race win achievements I feel that the 1v1 ladder will continue to drop.

Being able to purchase things with your ladder points, portraits/color preference/unit skins (like the CE Thor). Would go a long way for me at least. Let's say for 2000 ladder points you could pick a color and if your opponent either didn't have that ability or had a different color you would be that color, but if you both had the same color then whoever had the higher regional/division rank would get preference.

Ladder lock also causes me to not want to play as much. Once my bonus pool is gone there really is no reason to play as I keep playing better and better opponents. Case in point had I quit playing 1v1 when my pool ran out during the lock I would still be in 3rd in my division instead of 8th.

Finally until there is meaning tied to your division it should be done away with. I would much prefer to see a regional rank as it gives me something to actually work for.
"Wait...wait...don't start another game yet...I need a beer"
Garmer
Profile Joined October 2010
1286 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-10 14:30:58
April 10 2012 14:27 GMT
#1432
simple reason: sc2 is boring

requires skill yes, but in a boring way
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
April 10 2012 14:37 GMT
#1433
On April 10 2012 23:07 dragonsuper wrote:
SC2 Isn't fun , 1 base macro strategy is too simple because workers mining is too efficient, units do more damage, hard counters too strong , and because of these facts timing attacks are so common in ladder... all is decided in one fight.
So boring game, i won't play anymore for sure.


As much as I hate to admit it, you're pretty much dead on.
I've taken to fooling around and not taking ladder seriously, and have found I enjoy it a LOT more than trying to actually be competitive, less stress etc.

currently I'm forcing myself to always try and do offensive hatch first builds (generally placed near their natural), and only allowed to build queens, lings, and air units. I thought I'd drop like a rock through the ranks, but I've only dropped from high diamond to high platinum, where it seems I've stabilized.
It's made the game fun again, hopefully HotS will make playing competitively fun again too...
Twistacles
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1327 Posts
April 10 2012 14:43 GMT
#1434
On April 10 2012 23:26 bhfberserk wrote:
1. Need Automated Tournament.
Can be league base and better community support to create friendly 1v1 experience. Great rewards for participating and more for winners.

2. Losing a Ladder game allows points (or something) to earn. To encourage anyone to play and rid the anxiety.
Blizzard MUST fix this. This is ruining the game. Of 30 friends I have, only 1 or 2 play, a very lonely game.
---> 2a. The custom game Starcraft Master was a really great feature. It makes all my friends to come online to get that portrait. The micro challenge is not easier than any ladder game. Therefore, Blizzard needs to make ladder go more hand in hand with achievement. More achievement to earn for just playing.

3. Better match making and display of rank. (ALLOW US TO SEE THE OPPONENT'S RANK OMFG INSTEAD OF SOME SHITTY "Slight favoured" which is totally inaccurate.)

4. Fix PvP, ZvZ.

5. More stats in your sc2 profile. To see which units you use the most, what match up is your strongest.. what maps....etc.

etc etc etc...... SC2 can be a much better game... hopefully we see some changes in patch 1.5.


I agree with all of this. I don't even need an incentive to ladder beyond just trying to get a higher rank, but even portraits help me keep going. If we had a type of currency to buy silly things, it would motivate a lot more people to ladder and couldn't hurt the experience, really.

Stats have been demanded since the dawn of the game and really should be implemented. Sc2gears is great, but it shouldve shipped with the game.

Seeing their rank would be great, too. It's really annoying to not know if im facing a low master, a high diamond, a mid diamond or a mid master when I play. Frustrating to die to random shit, especially when im 'slightly favored' cause the person doesnt know wtf hes doing

PvP and ZvZ are pretty silly, agreed.
"If you don't give a shit which gum you buy, get stride" - Tyler
hifriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
China7935 Posts
April 10 2012 14:48 GMT
#1435
I got bored and now my computer doesn't seem to handle it incredibly well. It's also hard to get over the fact that when I play iccup it is superior to bnet 2.0 in 12242 ways.
dragonsuper
Profile Joined October 2010
Liechtenstein222 Posts
April 11 2012 17:04 GMT
#1436
On April 10 2012 23:27 Garmer wrote:
simple reason: sc2 is boring

requires skill yes, but in a boring way



so true.

Micro positioning to PREVENT EMP, FUNGAL and baneling is SO BORING
lol
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
April 11 2012 17:22 GMT
#1437
More community features won´t fix that the game is freaking stressful for the casual gamer, even on friendly matches I have seen people get flustered.

I don´t know why we get this threads every new season. Its perfectly normal for people to stop playing, especially ranked.Custom game UI could do some help to make more people log in but not play 1v1 ranked ladder.

Most people just don´t like playing 1v1 ranked games-
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
hoivenmayven
Profile Joined April 2011
United States134 Posts
April 11 2012 17:23 GMT
#1438
On April 12 2012 02:04 dragonsuper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2012 23:27 Garmer wrote:
simple reason: sc2 is boring

requires skill yes, but in a boring way



so true.

Micro positioning to PREVENT EMP, FUNGAL and baneling is SO BORING


To do those things properly you have to practice doing the same thing over and over again an insane amount of times, which to many people is boring, yes.
DayWalk3r
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada192 Posts
April 11 2012 17:29 GMT
#1439
On February 13 2012 23:08 hzflank wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 23:05 Silentenigma wrote:
Because it is not fun to play against abusers BM ers alliners.

Last time I played 99 percent of my games were 1 or 2 base allins(was mid masters).It is almost impossible to play a standard game...I would much rather to play custom games against similar skilled people.


I really dislike this mindset, and I think it is the cause of a lot of the bad manners that I encounter on the ladder.

I dont think there is any such thing as cheese or all-in. Aggressive strategies are a very important part of the game. I have noticed that the idea of cheese does not exist with koreans, and perhaps this is an important part of why they are so good.


well said
Protoss not imba ... KiwiKaki MC Polt Bomber Hwaiting!
CosmicHippo
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States547 Posts
April 11 2012 17:32 GMT
#1440
Not fun, and b.net 2.0 is god awful, feels like your alone playing this game that you dont like playing anymore
Yeah i've got your zerg riiiight here! *gulps beer*
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 671
ComeBackTV 529
SteadfastSC346
TaKeTV 277
Rex105
IndyStarCraft 57
EnkiAlexander 37
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 346
ProTech126
Rex 94
IndyStarCraft 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44231
Bisu 2471
Horang2 1354
Shuttle 922
EffOrt 784
Hyuk 605
BeSt 569
Soma 528
Light 401
Mini 399
[ Show more ]
Larva 328
Rush 231
ZerO 209
Mong 88
Leta 85
Snow 76
Sea.KH 74
Pusan 52
Mind 47
ToSsGirL 47
Sexy 42
JYJ 35
Yoon 30
Aegong 29
Bale 21
sorry 19
Terrorterran 19
Noble 13
Rock 11
Icarus 9
Trap 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6417
Counter-Strike
Fnx 768
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1529
Khaldor1016
Lowko437
Other Games
gofns31064
singsing1995
olofmeister1413
hiko561
Beastyqt462
B2W.Neo422
XaKoH 200
Livibee197
Liquid`VortiX137
Hui .131
ArmadaUGS79
Mew2King68
djWHEAT67
QueenE15
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV173
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2392
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 18m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 18m
Online Event
21h 18m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.