• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:24
CEST 20:24
KST 03:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10523 users

Nobody Plays 1v1 Ladder Anymore? - Page 58

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 86 Next
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
February 20 2012 17:37 GMT
#1141
Losing to something you know you shouldn't lose to is frustrating and hurts you deep inside. I'ts like making a bad call in poker, it makes you feel awful.
Because of the way the ladder is designed, a large portion of the playerbase is simply not good enough to learn how to stop losing to the same things over and over. For these people, there is no joy in laddering.
Tulkas25
Profile Joined August 2011
Greece292 Posts
February 20 2012 17:44 GMT
#1142
On February 21 2012 02:33 Mafs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2012 17:21 honkeybeef wrote:
Low master, played 15 games today, not 1 cheese. Back in diamond, 1/30 games cheese. SC is fun. America (Im American) has a lot of apathetic whiners and good for nothings that like life handed to them on a plate, I seriously don't know why half of the people in this thread play the game, are on TL, or post excuses why not to play a game (like not playing is a bad thing, gtfo or stfu)... TL is a place people come to grow and get better, not to whine about balance and "cheese". There is no cheese, just get better, its not the game its you that sucks. more gg more skill.

this threads makes me weep and needs to die, like all the whining in it...

As a zerg, I only expirence cheese on ladder. ZvZ is ling bane all in wars into mutalisk. ZvP is just forge fe into 2 star or some massive gateway push with or without robo push. ZvT is pretty standard but cheese is rare in this match up. TvT I can't imagine cheese occuring. Maybe 2 port banshee is cheese but gets destroyed. TvP rarely gets cheese BO unless its 1 base. If your T you rarely see cheese on ladder.


Zergs all-in even if it is 2 base half the games i play on ladder.roach ling all-in bling,roach all in and all that jazz.Protoss all-ins from 1 base like a boss with a ton of variation early game and proxy gates even though rare are still around.We have our fair amount of cheese and all-ins to deal with !!
What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?
VoO
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany278 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-20 18:09:34
February 20 2012 18:07 GMT
#1143
Oh my, laddering is so much fun if you are not Terran. Today I played:

4 TvP: Got a-clicked all the time whether with 50 APM turtle or 50 APM cheese
6 TvZ: Lingvincibility
6 ZvZ: Cheese into cheese into cheese
3 ZvP: Got a-clicked all the time whether with 50 APM turtle or 50 APM cheese
1 ZvT: Poor Terran user, he should leave and not waste my time
3 PvT: 90% winrate, maybe I will start to play without hands
5 PvP: Oh my god please make it stop
2 PvZ: All-ined, bitch... take that.

I start to like the patch politics based on a few players playing in a country far far away so that I can get into Master faster. )))))

User was warned for this post
♥ 김택용 ♥Casual Dwarf Fortress Progamer
MafiaCheese
Profile Joined April 2010
United States87 Posts
February 20 2012 18:15 GMT
#1144
How did this turn into an OP discussion???

A lot of people have been talking about "ladder anxiety" because the higher level players are very competitive and nobody likes to lose. When its all said and done, you cant worry about your winrate or let the losses get you down since the ladder is designed to put you against even opponents at a 50% winrate, just play and have fun! If a particular mu is stressing you out and you keep losing to the same strat over and over, watch the replays, look for the tell when scouting, do some research, improve your skill.

This last post is ridiculous, if you keep losing to 50 APM protoss 1a then u must not understand how this game works. It seems like you have given up trying to learn how to win the matchup because you yourself cannot 1a and it shows when you describe how you play Pvx -.-
UmiNotsuki
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States633 Posts
February 20 2012 18:17 GMT
#1145
After taking a break, I recently came back to laddering. I'm totally casual now (formerly a try-hard,) trying to enjoy the games rather than the winning. It actually seems to be resulting in me winning more... which is ironically now irrelevant to me. Either way, my point is I've started laddering LESS while still playing a few games here and there. It's a fun game, usually, but it's hard to stay motivated in.

I don't think it'll ever truly die (until something external kills it, i.e., SC3, loss of Blizzard support for B.net 2.0 servers, patch implemented which makes game unplayable.) In it's current state SC2 seems like it's going to continue to be playable for a long time, with the best-of-the-best still being far, far better at it than the average user will ever reach. That's enough to keep it going for at least a while.

Fun note on that, though, if say 8 years down the road the die-hards are still playing SC2 (and they/we very well may be) the leagues will automatically readjust themselves and today's Diamond may be tomorrow's Silver. "Wow, you're platinum league? You must be really good!"
UmiNotsuki.111 (NA), UNTReborn.932 (EU), UmiNotsuki (iCCup) -- You see that text I wrote above this? I'll betcha $5 that you disagree :D
justjoe09
Profile Joined October 2011
United States27 Posts
February 20 2012 18:17 GMT
#1146
I moved out of the country and it's ridiculous to pay for the game again, just to play on the EU server lag free
La Li Lu Le Lo
WGT-Baal
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
France3561 Posts
February 20 2012 18:20 GMT
#1147
I am actually playing more and more on iCCup, I dont find SC2 that fun to be honest, and yeah as OP said, it feels emplty on bnet 2.0
Horang2 fan
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-20 18:25:00
February 20 2012 18:21 GMT
#1148
On February 21 2012 03:07 VoO wrote:
Oh my, laddering is so much fun if you are not Terran. Today I played:

4 TvP: Got a-clicked all the time whether with 50 APM turtle or 50 APM cheese
6 TvZ: Lingvincibility
6 ZvZ: Cheese into cheese into cheese
3 ZvP: Got a-clicked all the time whether with 50 APM turtle or 50 APM cheese
1 ZvT: Poor Terran user, he should leave and not waste my time
3 PvT: 90% winrate, maybe I will start to play without hands
5 PvP: Oh my god please make it stop
2 PvZ: All-ined, bitch... take that.

I start to like the patch politics based on a few players playing in a country far far away so that I can get into Master faster. )))))


all you managed to say there is that you enjoyed playing ladder for a little while. Good on you! Don't try and relate it to racial balance though, there are people who will come forward with the exact same stories as you for their other race switches.

edit:
also please don't turn this thread into balance discussion, it's not like we're seeing only 1-2 of the races leaving 1v1 ladder, it's actually staying a relatively balanced racial mix. Therefore, if switching races makes the game fun for you, do so, that other race my have the style you enjoy more.
ChApFoU
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
France2984 Posts
February 20 2012 18:24 GMT
#1149
Takes too much time and isn't as fun as BW for me. I also think clan/team support inside the game would help imrpove the "lonely" feeling you get when gaming on bnet 2.0.
"I honestly think that whoever invented toilet paper in a genius" Kang Min
Sgtmt
Profile Joined May 2011
United States72 Posts
February 20 2012 18:34 GMT
#1150
This is the only season (since i got the game) that i haven't done my placement matches.
I haven't had as much time as i'd like to, so i'm scared I'm going to get my ass kicked.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
February 20 2012 18:37 GMT
#1151
I have a good time laddering and enjoy improving. I do get tired of the all-ins and wish they were less effective. They seem to draw the wrong sort of player. I basiclly played against 2 types of terrans this weekend:

One base all in - From three rax, 1/1/1 to the SCV 5 marine proxy rax, every form was present.

Fast expand player who become very confused when they are forced to take a third. They all seemed to wait mindlessly while a built up an unstoppable economy and rolled over them. The games took way to long for what they were.

The zergs and protoss were fun, but I hate that most of my PvTs are either one base nonsense that is super effective against safe builds or players who have clearly never practiced their macro at all.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
February 20 2012 18:40 GMT
#1152
On February 21 2012 03:17 UmiNotsuki wrote:
After taking a break, I recently came back to laddering. I'm totally casual now (formerly a try-hard,) trying to enjoy the games rather than the winning. It actually seems to be resulting in me winning more... which is ironically now irrelevant to me. Either way, my point is I've started laddering LESS while still playing a few games here and there. It's a fun game, usually, but it's hard to stay motivated in.

I don't think it'll ever truly die (until something external kills it, i.e., SC3, loss of Blizzard support for B.net 2.0 servers, patch implemented which makes game unplayable.) In it's current state SC2 seems like it's going to continue to be playable for a long time, with the best-of-the-best still being far, far better at it than the average user will ever reach. That's enough to keep it going for at least a while.

Fun note on that, though, if say 8 years down the road the die-hards are still playing SC2 (and they/we very well may be) the leagues will automatically readjust themselves and today's Diamond may be tomorrow's Silver. "Wow, you're platinum league? You must be really good!"

If youre playing ladder where its ranked youre like..kinda a tryhard by default arent you

not that tryhard can really apply to sc2 but still
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Honeybadger
Profile Joined August 2010
United States821 Posts
February 20 2012 18:46 GMT
#1153
On February 20 2012 17:21 honkeybeef wrote:
Low master, played 15 games today, not 1 cheese. Back in diamond, 1/30 games cheese. SC is fun. America (Im American) has a lot of apathetic whiners and good for nothings that like life handed to them on a plate, I seriously don't know why half of the people in this thread play the game, are on TL, or post excuses why not to play a game (like not playing is a bad thing, gtfo or stfu)... TL is a place people come to grow and get better, not to whine about balance and "cheese". There is no cheese, just get better, its not the game its you that sucks. more gg more skill.

this threads makes me weep and needs to die, like all the whining in it...


Wow, you are single-handedly the most insensitive person I have ever seen.

Ever hear about people with anxiety? BM (which there is TONS of) profoundly affects me.

Not to mention your evidence is completely anecdotal. I don't cheese, but I get cheesed at least half of my games.
"I like to tape my thumbs to my hands to see what it would be like to be a dinosaur."
BGrael
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany229 Posts
February 20 2012 19:01 GMT
#1154
On February 21 2012 02:37 dementrio wrote:
Losing to something you know you shouldn't lose to is frustrating and hurts you deep inside. I'ts like making a bad call in poker, it makes you feel awful.
Because of the way the ladder is designed, a large portion of the playerbase is simply not good enough to learn how to stop losing to the same things over and over. For these people, there is no joy in laddering.


I have a problem related to this:
I used to play around 1h a day. However, nowadays I don't have the time anymore. So whenever I got some time, I play far worse than a couple of weeks ago. Pieces just don't fall together like they used to, and that really frustrates me. I guess that falls into the "not enough time" category.
Elementy
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States183 Posts
February 20 2012 19:03 GMT
#1155
Well seeing these numbers.... I know Blizz see's them and surely will try and correct them with the expansion's.. I <3 starcraft please blizz help us we need you now more then ever... And wow 1.8mil to 4k.. early in the season but still if the ladder number doubles its still not even half T_T
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
February 20 2012 19:04 GMT
#1156
i still play, i just wish games would last longer. blizzard should increase hp to increase micro :D
For the Dominion!
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
February 20 2012 19:06 GMT
#1157
On February 21 2012 03:46 Honeybadger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2012 17:21 honkeybeef wrote:
Low master, played 15 games today, not 1 cheese. Back in diamond, 1/30 games cheese. SC is fun. America (Im American) has a lot of apathetic whiners and good for nothings that like life handed to them on a plate, I seriously don't know why half of the people in this thread play the game, are on TL, or post excuses why not to play a game (like not playing is a bad thing, gtfo or stfu)... TL is a place people come to grow and get better, not to whine about balance and "cheese". There is no cheese, just get better, its not the game its you that sucks. more gg more skill.

this threads makes me weep and needs to die, like all the whining in it...


Wow, you are single-handedly the most insensitive person I have ever seen.

Ever hear about people with anxiety? BM (which there is TONS of) profoundly affects me.

Not to mention your evidence is completely anecdotal. I don't cheese, but I get cheesed at least half of my games.


But didn't you know that TL is also the place where people come to say how much better they are than you? If you are having problems with ladder anxiety, don't come to TL to get better. Its a website for stronger people that than.

Seriously, that kid is a joke. Even LiquidJinro posted in this thread about how he dislikes all the stupid all-ins that are super effective even at the pro-level. A lot of a the enjoyment of a competive game is based on the competition. If the game is dominated by slightly brainless all-in(SC2 isn't, but there are a few good ones out there), then the game will not be fun.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Saiton
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Sweden467 Posts
February 20 2012 19:06 GMT
#1158
On February 21 2012 03:17 justjoe09 wrote:
I moved out of the country and it's ridiculous to pay for the game again, just to play on the EU server lag free


You know that you could just as well have messaged Blizzard about moving out of the country and have them switch the game-region to EU?
Top diamond terran streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/saitontv
SnuggleZhenya
Profile Joined July 2010
596 Posts
February 20 2012 19:07 GMT
#1159
On February 21 2012 04:01 BGrael wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2012 02:37 dementrio wrote:
Losing to something you know you shouldn't lose to is frustrating and hurts you deep inside. I'ts like making a bad call in poker, it makes you feel awful.
Because of the way the ladder is designed, a large portion of the playerbase is simply not good enough to learn how to stop losing to the same things over and over. For these people, there is no joy in laddering.


I have a problem related to this:
I used to play around 1h a day. However, nowadays I don't have the time anymore. So whenever I got some time, I play far worse than a couple of weeks ago. Pieces just don't fall together like they used to, and that really frustrates me. I guess that falls into the "not enough time" category.


I've had this problem for sure. I often can't play consistently, and the result is that if I haven't played for a week and a half its just quite a bit of rust to shake off. That means I lose a bunch in a row, then "get it back" just in time to climb back up to more or less where I was before and not have time to play for another couple of weeks. Extremely frustrating cycle.
You'll never get better being an angry nerd sitting alone in your room.
Sejanus
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Lithuania550 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-20 19:16:35
February 20 2012 19:16 GMT
#1160
I am losing interest because I am looking forward to HotS. Also because interface is not that good, leagues are meaningless in a sense that I dont know my real standing and so on.
Friends don't let friends massacre civilians
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
Clem vs Harstem
Harstem504
IndyStarCraft 248
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 504
IndyStarCraft 248
Railgan 80
JuggernautJason60
BRAT_OK 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15106
BeSt 382
Mini 200
Soma 189
Dewaltoss 145
Mind 94
hero 65
Zeus 43
Hyun 41
ToSsGirL 25
[ Show more ]
Bale 23
NaDa 20
Rock 19
PianO 18
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
Gorgc4809
qojqva2594
420jenkins494
Counter-Strike
fl0m3787
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5055
Khaldor1219
Liquid`Hasu1044
MindelVK13
Other Games
FrodaN1715
B2W.Neo810
byalli453
Hui .260
QueenE72
Mew2King47
summit1g5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1177
BasetradeTV186
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream51
StarCraft 2
angryscii 22
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 29
• Reevou 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 43
• blackmanpl 20
• 80smullet 8
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4279
League of Legends
• Nemesis1881
Other Games
• imaqtpie776
• Shiphtur282
• WagamamaTV238
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
36m
BSL Open Qualifier
36m
Replay Cast
4h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 36m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
16h 36m
Monday Night Weeklies
21h 36m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 16h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.