• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:34
CEST 02:34
KST 09:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8937 users

Nobody Plays 1v1 Ladder Anymore? - Page 51

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 86 Next
Spacekyod
Profile Joined December 2010
United States818 Posts
February 18 2012 18:55 GMT
#1001
On February 13 2012 23:02 BeeNu wrote:
I don't have ladder fear I have ladder apathy, my goal with laddering was to always reach Masters league, once I reached that I just lost most of my incentive to keep laddering. :O

.


I quit about 2/3 months ago and pretty much this. Started in bronze a little over a year ago, ramped up to plat pretty quick, knew i could easily play at a diamond level and achieved it around late summer. I averaged around 130 games a season before they changed it to 2 month? seasons and was always in the top 8. Once i started playing master league players i fully understood what it would take to keep progressing at this game and it was far beyond the time and effort i was willing to put into it. I had no intention of ever trying to go pro and it just wasn't worth it to me to keep playing the game as much. That eventually led to less playing time, falling behind in skill to similarly ranked people, and i just started getting steam rolled and dropped back down to plat.

Every now and then i'll play single player missions for fun but that's about it.
Riders of the Plastic Groove. "When all-in fails, all-in again!" Finally... Make way for the real DONG!
TALegion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1187 Posts
February 18 2012 18:56 GMT
#1002
I'm playing other games, but not LoL or DotA. Especially not LoL or DotA.
A person willing to die for a cause is a hero. A person willing to kill for a cause is a madman
skatblast
Profile Joined September 2011
United States784 Posts
February 18 2012 20:50 GMT
#1003
The fact that you play arranged teams while you random team is the most broken thing ever in a game.

Thats why i 1v1, because 2v2 and 3v3 are full of arranged teams thinking their good abusing builds against pugs.

Match AT with AT, is it that hard??
0neder
Profile Joined July 2009
United States3733 Posts
February 18 2012 20:54 GMT
#1004
You forgot about bad maps that are perpetuated.
SirPsychoMantis
Profile Joined December 2011
United States180 Posts
February 18 2012 21:00 GMT
#1005
Dear everyone in this thread:

I recently switched my entire key layout (Darkgrid layout, its awesome) and I was really worried about tanking my rank that I've worked so hard to get. I decided that I would get an account on the Korean servers, which I can use as a practice account, where I don't really care if I win or lose as long as I learn something from my games.

I was diamond, but with my crappy mechanics of not knowing my keys yet, I was placed into Korean gold. I must say its been great, no worries, just practice and fun! There is a lot of "cheese" but since I don't care about my rank there I just gg and move on to the next game (I got walled in the bottom of my ramp with a forge + 2 pylons by a bronze league guy, although I won that game)

I would really recommend that people who are too stressed or worried about their rank do this, or if that isn't an option due to monetary reasons, join a practice group and start playing 1v1s that are purely for practice.
Zerg #1
Eatme
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
Switzerland3919 Posts
February 18 2012 21:14 GMT
#1006
On February 19 2012 05:50 skatblast wrote:
The fact that you play arranged teams while you random team is the most broken thing ever in a game.

Thats why i 1v1, because 2v2 and 3v3 are full of arranged teams thinking their good abusing builds against pugs.

Match AT with AT, is it that hard??

While this is off topic I have to add that you face lesser AT teams when you play RT. I really have no problem facing AT teams when I play RT.

Onto topic... I havent managed to play 1:1 yet this season since I've been busy. But I'll try to pump games in the 2nd week of march and then all through the rest of the season. Most maps are good and fun now so it'll be worth it over than playing customs with my friends, actually iy's more pressure there than on ladder. Damn it's always something to fear.
I have the best fucking lawyers in the country including the man they call the Malmis.
stfouri
Profile Joined August 2010
Finland272 Posts
February 18 2012 21:16 GMT
#1007
I gave up with the ladder.
Last goddamn 3weeks have been like 60% Zerg 30% Protoss and 10% Terran. (This is Platinum Diamond tier EU).
Its just aint fun to play against same race everytime.
Here hoping that Blizzards matchmaking would make you play equally against all races too...
rOse_PedaL
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Korea (South)450 Posts
February 18 2012 21:17 GMT
#1008
because losing alot is sad
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ MKP HWAITING ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ
Chytilova
Profile Joined December 2011
United States790 Posts
February 18 2012 21:17 GMT
#1009
On February 19 2012 00:50 OtoshimonoU wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2012 00:42 RampancyTW wrote:
On February 19 2012 00:38 OtoshimonoU wrote:
On February 19 2012 00:33 RampancyTW wrote:
On February 19 2012 00:27 OtoshimonoU wrote:
On February 19 2012 00:24 RampancyTW wrote:
On February 19 2012 00:21 OtoshimonoU wrote:
SC2 is boring since it just boils down to all in or 200vs200.
Andddddd it keeps on coming.


If you can argue it pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee tell me.
You could always try fucking with your opponent before the 200 mark

But wait that would require basic improvement of whatever skill level you currently have so clearly that's not an option


As a Terran, you'll always suffer in supply, so attacking before 200 is a death wish.
Yeah this is clearly a problem with the game and not a problem with your mentality

And aggressive-to-hyper-aggressive styles of Terran play totally aren't kicking ass at a high level right now

It is good to see you have the game all figured out and improving your own skillset wouldn't improve your experience at all good for you I hope many others can be inspired by your fine example


I wish you would look at other levels like diamond and lower because that's where most of the people are. They can't pull of the great styles of pro-gamers. I was basing my point on what I see in leagues like diamond (which is where I am)


I was in diamond last season (just moved to Masters) and I ALWAYS attacked before at most 100 supply let alone 200 when I was Terran. Other Terrans I played who didn't all in did the same thing as well. You are just paranoid about losing an engagement before 200/200 it seems.
Neurosis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States893 Posts
February 18 2012 21:19 GMT
#1010
I think they just killed the game with all the constant patches. I was a top 200 terran player a while back and now I only play customs occasionally. I also genuinely believe that playing this game a lot is extremely unhealthy for your mental state.
forsooth
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3648 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-18 21:21:50
February 18 2012 21:20 GMT
#1011
1. Dissatisfaction with how the bad design of Protoss is ruining an otherwise great game
2. Terran keeps getting nerfed every patch
3. Prevalence of cheese. I understand it's a part of the game, but I don't want over half my games to be 10 minutes or less.
4. Team game map pools are horrible, especially 3v3 and 4v4
5. Short seasons are annoying
6. Lack of any sense of community on b.net 0.2
7. Lack of features we had in BW on b.net 0.2
Scorm
Profile Joined April 2011
United States104 Posts
February 18 2012 21:20 GMT
#1012
On February 13 2012 23:06 ZAiNs wrote:
Because the game is too hard for most casual players.



This is exactly the reason. SC2 has a vicious learning curve and most people cannot make the cut. Gaming is mainstream and most of the people who play are "the casual kids" who play a little bit and realize they are not good and when that realization sets in, they stop not long after. This game is either win or loss and there is no pay off for losing games, unlike most other games that still give out pity experience for players who do not win their games.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” -Anton LaVey
Scorm
Profile Joined April 2011
United States104 Posts
February 18 2012 21:23 GMT
#1013
On February 19 2012 06:20 forsooth wrote:
1. Dissatisfaction with how the bad design of Protoss is ruining an otherwise great game
2. Terran keeps getting nerfed every patch
3. Prevalence of cheese. I understand it's a part of the game, but I don't want over half my games to be 10 minutes or less.
4. Short seasons are annoying
5. Lack of any sense of community on b.net 0.2
6. Lack of features we had in BW on b.net 0.2



These are also very good reasons. The community is getting bad as well. The casual crowd's bm is making is less fun to play this game. The constant nerfs to Terran and buffs to Protoss seem overly redundant. Cheese is crazy. You see it in at least 1/2 the team games and a little less frequently in 1's. Seasons are not a big deal to me, but I wish they did something to make it more competitive and more motivating.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” -Anton LaVey
jinixxx123
Profile Joined June 2010
543 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-18 21:36:27
February 18 2012 21:30 GMT
#1014
On February 19 2012 06:14 Eatme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2012 05:50 skatblast wrote:
The fact that you play arranged teams while you random team is the most broken thing ever in a game.

Thats why i 1v1, because 2v2 and 3v3 are full of arranged teams thinking their good abusing builds against pugs.

Match AT with AT, is it that hard??

While this is off topic I have to add that you face lesser AT teams when you play RT. I really have no problem facing AT teams when I play RT.

Onto topic... I havent managed to play 1:1 yet this season since I've been busy. But I'll try to pump games in the 2nd week of march and then all through the rest of the season. Most maps are good and fun now so it'll be worth it over than playing customs with my friends, actually iy's more pressure there than on ladder. Damn it's always something to fear.



thats only true when its a full arrange team vs random team, as in blizzard puts in a method to even up the matchmaking.

However Partial arrange team does not take this into consideration . The fact that 75% of your team can be arranged and you are getting ranked in Random team ladders is beyond me. its just terrible matchmaking, You are probably one of those guys that join a party with your friends and play random teams and then come here sprouting how good the system works because you play RT . Do me a favor and look at every masters random team ladder record that has very high %. You will see all the match history showing they play with the same friends over and over and take 1 randomly given ally. In essence Random team ladders are basically the same as arrange team ladders because only the people that play together all the time will hold the top ranks. Random team ladder is a sick joke for any true random team player.

Team games are beyond pointless in sc2, and this is coming from a big fan of sc2. 1v1 or nothing here. Warcraft 3 team games were alot better.
Apaquin
Profile Joined June 2011
United States27 Posts
February 18 2012 21:59 GMT
#1015
On February 19 2012 06:20 Scorm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 23:06 ZAiNs wrote:
Because the game is too hard for most casual players.



This is exactly the reason. SC2 has a vicious learning curve and most people cannot make the cut. Gaming is mainstream and most of the people who play are "the casual kids" who play a little bit and realize they are not good and when that realization sets in, they stop not long after. This game is either win or loss and there is no pay off for losing games, unlike most other games that still give out pity experience for players who do not win their games.

If you've ever played an RTS before, aka 95% of the sc2 player base, then SC2 has an extremely easy learning curve. I watched 2 high level matches back in the beta and went from gold to diamond in a week. From there on it was just perfecting builds and mechanics, which is pretty boring.
ha
Darksoldierr
Profile Joined May 2010
Hungary2013 Posts
February 18 2012 22:11 GMT
#1016
On February 19 2012 06:17 rOse_PedaL wrote:
because losing alot is sad


Pretty much
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.
Bocian
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland259 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-18 22:15:24
February 18 2012 22:14 GMT
#1017
I quited ladder because I feel despite the game being quite balanced to be imbalanced at the casual level of play. I think it's MUCH too easy to be decent protoss player than to be decent zerg player. I played both races - toss is just boring (easy wins at casual lvl), but playing vs toss feels impossible at my lvl of play (low masters)
Postman
Profile Joined July 2010
United States269 Posts
February 18 2012 22:24 GMT
#1018
I stopped laddering nearly as much because of two main reasons.

One: My friends stopped playing. It's more fun when you have people to talk to about games/analyze replays/etc. Joining a clan or team might remedy this but with how bad clan support is...

Two: Cheese. I played my first three ladder games this season today, got cheesed three times. It's just not fun to play against, even though I won 2 of the three games.
eighteen8
Profile Joined December 2010
105 Posts
February 18 2012 22:37 GMT
#1019
maybe low league player got annoyed by players dropping their mmr to play around by having a good time with weak opponents...great for those mmr-dropper, bad times for low league player.

biggest aspect seems to be the lack of fun for a lot of players :/
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-18 22:57:57
February 18 2012 22:54 GMT
#1020
I quit playing for a number of reasons:
1) I had to play a disproportionate amount of TvT. Six games out of ten were mirror match-ups.
2) I had to put in way too much time and effort to keep up with everyone else in platinum league, and I just don't have that much time. I used to play 2-3 hours a day, but since I went back to college I barely play video games for 2 hours a week.
3) The game stressed me out too much, which is something entertainment should not do.
4) I really disliked most of the maps
5) The game got too predictable on my level, up to the point that I no longer needed to scout in TvP. I just had to make x vikings by a certain minute mark, to counter the Protoss' colossi. I was doing the same things over and over and over again.
6) I am pretty much the only person of my peer group who plays video games.
7) Time constraints: I had a lot more spare time when I was working. Now I've got class four days a week and work two days a week. I basically went from hardcore gamer to casual gamer in less than a month.

I still follow the Starcraft 2 competitive scene though, especially MLG. I'm following MLG all weekend when it's on. I find it more fun to watch than GSL because there's a better balance between foreigners and Koreans, which makes for more interesting games.

I do have to hand it to blizzard: Starcraft 2 was the first game in years that I played for longer than a year.
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings59
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 132
SpeCial 121
CosmosSc2 45
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1618
Rain 1593
Artosis 667
910 60
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm130
League of Legends
Doublelift3210
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox250
Other Games
summit1g8873
shahzam569
JimRising 441
C9.Mang0340
PiGStarcraft306
Maynarde131
Liquid`Ken6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick898
BasetradeTV170
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 103
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP70
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie812
• Shiphtur191
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 27m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
10h 27m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
23h 27m
Patches Events
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.