• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:18
CEST 18:18
KST 01:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9948 users

Nobody Plays 1v1 Ladder Anymore? - Page 49

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 86 Next
Biglarry
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States9 Posts
February 17 2012 13:04 GMT
#961
this is a very interesting post. first i want to adress the people saying that ladder is so frustrating because of people that "all in"
In case u didnt know the goal of every sc2 game is to win. The best players in the world all in when the situation calls for it. I jump for joy when i get all inned because it means that if i hold its pretty much a free win if played correctly and i dont have to play a 45 min game. Also if ur a high diamond low masters player you are gonna be begging for people to all in because its much much harder to play against a player with perfect macro who can harass at the same time so if u are mid diamond low master and are so frustrated that u are scared to que up i would honestly suggest finding another game thats less competitive and thats not a troll. I also agree that bnet should add more more social aspects to 3.0. in bw whenever u logged in it was so much easier to find games at ur skill lvl people to chat with etc.
I am the PwNAge, Bitches!
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-17 13:13:06
February 17 2012 13:11 GMT
#962
I haven't played the game in over 4 months and I used to be an addict (high masters, even faced off with a GM or 2). I don't know exactly why, but SC2 got boring for me (probably because the ladder is too stressful). When the HoTs comes around I'll come back.

Also, I say ladder is stressful, but not because of all-ins or BM. It's just that there's too much you need to be aware of when you want to compete at a high level.
Bora Pain minha porra!
AIKfans87
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden170 Posts
February 17 2012 13:43 GMT
#963
I just got sic and tierd of Protoss design, everytime I face a toss I just die a little inside. I enjoy 2v2 and 3v3's a lot more beacuse Terran together with another race is at least decent.

I really enjoy watching 1v1 though and gonna play 1v1 from time to time.
Sweden fighting!!
CalmKiwi
Profile Joined March 2011
12 Posts
February 18 2012 00:24 GMT
#964
On February 17 2012 20:50 Seeker wrote:
nvm wrong thread

but since I'm posting in here.....

I truly believe that it's not really a case of ppl not laddering anymore. It's more of a case of excitement drop. When SC2 first came out, ppl were jumping all over the beta to play it. Then when it was released, it was the MUST BUY game of the year. but now a year 1/2 later, the excitement has died down u know?

Just my 2 cents


Who knows, I'm waiting to see what will happen when HotS comes out, will they hype it up again to let it down a few months later ? I guess only time will tell
JMC4
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States261 Posts
February 18 2012 04:02 GMT
#965
I mean alot of people will drop out. Just like how they would for any game. Eventually all of the people who truly enjoy sc2 will be left. There will alwasy be people on the ladder though. I mean just look at BW
Diamond Protoss ~
TISbucrew
Profile Joined January 2012
52 Posts
February 18 2012 04:05 GMT
#966
Too much cheese and all-ining. I don't want to play in a would where you can 2 rax and get away with it
I always win... Except when i lose :p
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-18 04:16:20
February 18 2012 04:15 GMT
#967
I would probably play more ladder if I could pick matchups I want to play. Since I can't, I'd rather play with friends, where I can essentially pick the matchups I want to play.

edit: Specifically, I never, ever, ever want to play another game of TvP. If I ladder, that would happen.
good vibes only
Terranist
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2496 Posts
February 18 2012 04:27 GMT
#968
people don't like stress. ladder causes tremendous stress. therefore people don't like ladder.
The Show of a Lifetime
Lousy!
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada73 Posts
February 18 2012 05:53 GMT
#969
I don't mind the cheese if it's just that, what I do mind is when someone cheeses then calls me a scrub and tells me to leave. Then I feel like a tool if I leave right away or even if I manage to hang around for a couple more minutes. Blocking chat is not a good solution for me.

Playing ladder is also a constant reminder of how bad I am at this game. Most games feel one-sided. However, I don't really have anyone I can trade wins with, so I will ladder anyway.
dhe95
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1213 Posts
February 18 2012 05:55 GMT
#970
The game just got boring for me... either win/lose to an all-in or just max up and see who wins that one battle
SoBeDragon
Profile Joined October 2010
United States192 Posts
February 18 2012 06:47 GMT
#971
I love sc2, and I love playing it, but I am the last man standing among my friends. Every other friend that initially purchased the game has moved onto LoL, SWTOR, console games like BF3, MW3, etc.

As my friends died out, one by one, they each had a different reason. One was because he had no way to tell if he was improving. One was "so close to master league, but the fact that I didn't get it shows that the league system is glitched." (I tried my best to dispel that, but that's the perception b.net has given to it's users). One said "because I'm just not good at the game, and I dont want to take the time to practice." one said "Because the custom game interface is horrendous" and the last friend said "It takes too much time to get good."

I guess the common ground with all of this is that there is little to no way to measure how you're doing. Since ladder points are worthless, it's hard to tell if you're getting better or not. I really wish they would just do away with this phantom point system and either reveal MMR or use the WC3 laddering system. Here's hoping that Battle.net gets revamped in HotS
If at first you don't succeed, redefine the parameters for success.
fearus
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
China2164 Posts
February 18 2012 07:19 GMT
#972
They needed chat/channels back. The way it is now just feels so dead.
bisu fanboy
Drake
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany6146 Posts
February 18 2012 07:23 GMT
#973
isnt the season just much shorter ? O_o
Nb.Drake / CoL_Drake / Original Joined TL.net Tuesday, 15th of March 2005
Nivekpro
Profile Joined August 2011
United States11 Posts
February 18 2012 07:24 GMT
#974
I would love if blizzard implemented a weekly tournament or something like that. Never played wc3 but I heard their system was awesome.

I do still play ladder though, sometimes I get stressed about it but in all reality I shouldn't. It's just a game and even if you're losing you should just try to learn from it.
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
February 18 2012 07:26 GMT
#975
i stopped playing 1v1 and only play team games now. its more fun to play with friends.
Kiichol
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden182 Posts
February 18 2012 10:08 GMT
#976
One of the options in the Poll should be that there's no incentive to play 1v1.
Grinding ladder games feels like repeatedly smacking your head against a wall, there's no social aspect and if your not a competitive person just playing to win isn't an option. I play games to have fun with other people, atm the only social interaction I get in SC2 is the occasional flame fest from a BMer. So now I play League of Legends even though their community is full of assholes, you don't lose anything at all from typing to the enemy team or your team mates. But in SC you lose valuable APM doing that.
“In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.” - Oscar Wilde
RampancyTW
Profile Joined August 2010
United States577 Posts
February 18 2012 14:39 GMT
#977
There's a lot of bullshit abounding in this thread.

I think the biggest issue is that people are coming face-to-face with their own limitations, and instead of putting in the completely minimal effort needed to get past their plateaus, they bitch and moan about balance and then peace out.

All of those TLStrategy threads from gold/plat players who insist they have good macro/micro and don't need to improve it? Almost every. Single. Goddamn one of them refuses to listen to even the most basic advice about worker production and supply blocks. All of the diamond players that refuse to listen about scouting, poking at your enemy etc. These are the players that are leaving, and you can see a lot of them posting in this thread

--Imba races (Guess who doesn't know how big of a deal getting supply blocked as the push comes is!)
--Rock-Paper-Scissors (Guess who doesn't know how to scout/interpret scouting info!)
--Sense of loneliness (Guess who doesn't look at the constantly occupied and available chat rooms!)

There are legitimate gripes about the UI and particularly the custom game interface, and some nitpicky things. But most of the complaining/reasons for quitting could be solved with literally 10% more basic effort on the part of the complainers.
vandelayindustries
Profile Joined August 2011
United States290 Posts
February 18 2012 14:44 GMT
#978
On February 17 2012 22:04 Biglarry wrote:
this is a very interesting post. first i want to adress the people saying that ladder is so frustrating because of people that "all in"
In case u didnt know the goal of every sc2 game is to win. The best players in the world all in when the situation calls for it. I jump for joy when i get all inned because it means that if i hold its pretty much a free win if played correctly and i dont have to play a 45 min game. Also if ur a high diamond low masters player you are gonna be begging for people to all in because its much much harder to play against a player with perfect macro who can harass at the same time so if u are mid diamond low master and are so frustrated that u are scared to que up i would honestly suggest finding another game thats less competitive and thats not a troll. I also agree that bnet should add more more social aspects to 3.0. in bw whenever u logged in it was so much easier to find games at ur skill lvl people to chat with etc.


I get what you're trying to say, but that might not apply to all people. I'm only gold in 1v1 and sometimes I just want to play a long game with lots of battles and back and forth; even if it's sloppy and full of mistakes, and I end up losing, at least it was more interesting than doing the same 4-gate build game after game, which may win more games.
OtoshimonoU
Profile Joined December 2011
United States509 Posts
February 18 2012 15:21 GMT
#979
SC2 is boring since it just boils down to all in or 200vs200.
God Young ho
RampancyTW
Profile Joined August 2010
United States577 Posts
February 18 2012 15:24 GMT
#980
On February 19 2012 00:21 OtoshimonoU wrote:
SC2 is boring since it just boils down to all in or 200vs200.
Andddddd it keeps on coming.
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech156
UpATreeSC 92
BRAT_OK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4769
Bisu 1819
Soulkey 1461
EffOrt 856
Mini 609
Horang2 378
Larva 372
ZerO 334
actioN 243
ggaemo 208
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 131
Yoon 109
Mind 97
Shinee 83
Sharp 69
hero 67
Sea.KH 65
sorry 63
Barracks 56
Snow 53
Hyun 41
Bale 30
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 24
Terrorterran 19
NaDa 18
Rock 16
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 12
Noble 11
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5434
qojqva2660
Dendi1268
420jenkins297
XaKoH 42
League of Legends
Reynor66
Counter-Strike
fl0m2943
x6flipin845
Fnx 689
edward43
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes370
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1329
hiko981
B2W.Neo428
FrodaN389
DeMusliM285
XBOCT232
Liquid`VortiX197
Livibee164
QueenE106
TKL 74
Mew2King44
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV143
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 46
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV606
League of Legends
• Nemesis3886
• TFBlade732
Other Games
• Shiphtur457
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 43m
Patches Events
23h 43m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.