• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:09
CEST 19:09
KST 02:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9483 users

Nobody Plays 1v1 Ladder Anymore? - Page 39

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 86 Next
Luepert
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1934 Posts
February 15 2012 01:53 GMT
#761
I played a ton, then I had a bunch of school stuff, now I'm slowly getting back in.
esports
Ace1123
Profile Joined September 2011
Philippines1187 Posts
February 15 2012 02:17 GMT
#762
At first I was afraid of laddering because I am afraid to lose points and go down in ranks. But my friend told me that Points doesn't matter and that Pride is holding us from improving. It is because when I ladder, I am afraid to try new innovative builds because I don't want my points to go down. After this, I became relaxed when playing in ladder and have fun at the same time. :D
ForGG, Mvp, MMA, MarineKing, BoxeR,
HQuality
Profile Joined October 2009
2682 Posts
February 15 2012 02:19 GMT
#763
On February 15 2012 11:17 Ace1123 wrote:
At first I was afraid of laddering because I am afraid to lose points and go down in ranks. But my friend told me that Points doesn't matter and that Pride is holding us from improving.

very good advice, mentality of true winners
No carpal tunnel no skill
Wortie
Profile Joined September 2011
Netherlands212 Posts
February 15 2012 02:20 GMT
#764
I usually play less during the ending off the season, because most people are retards and go all in all the time. It isn't that I have trouble with good all ins. I'ts just the herp derp, I will go this cuz it will give me wins all ins that frustrate me so much. Doesn't give good games either. The wins feel less rewarding and stuff. So I guess I don't really like the shorter season system.
FryktSkyene
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1327 Posts
February 15 2012 02:20 GMT
#765
All my irl friends switched to LoL.

So I did.
Snitches get stiches
AzoriuS
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland74 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-15 02:31:35
February 15 2012 02:28 GMT
#766
My last game of Starcraft was during summer. What's the problem in my case ? I've feeling that playing Starcraft its waste of time for people like me who doesnt play every day. Sometimes I have to take a longer break and then there's problem to back into the shape. You have time and possibility to play 2-3 games daily or even more. So you're improving noticable... and then u take a break that I mention. You go back to the game and realize that u need to play lot of games to go back to shape in mechanical aspect. I play then lots of games with opponents with lot of higher sklls and loosing like a hell 5-6 games in a row. Then u win 1 game, and loose another 3-4. MMR is trying balance you in the ladder but u need some time to play normal games... the time which I HAVE NOT.

Solution is very simple: Blizzard should give us the option to clear the ladder and reset MMR only once in single season of the ladder. So If I will take a break and would want to return into game then I could avoid playing games with players who are much better than me. Resetting my account I could play with players at my level of skill.


Second why Im not convinced to play SC2 is lack of friends in the game. My real life friends abandon SC2 and there's lack of community aspect in BN 2.0. Sad but true.... Blizzard failed at this point.
mijagi182
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland797 Posts
February 15 2012 03:06 GMT
#767
i agree with some MMR problems. After 2 season break i started to ladder, played a tone of games, dropped from Masters and now im stuck with high MMR with top 50 diamond in my division. Cant get any higher since i always play against top10 diamond or masters and i have like same amount of wins/losses
oh in the sun sun having fun
stokes17
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1411 Posts
February 15 2012 03:11 GMT
#768
Idn I know at least for myself personally University has been eating heavily into my SC2 time (basically from 3-5 hours a day down to 5-7 hours a week) And since I spend maybe 3-4 of those hours casting, really not much time left to ladder... sadly
MugenXBanksy
Profile Joined April 2011
United States479 Posts
February 15 2012 03:45 GMT
#769
On February 15 2012 11:20 FryktSkyene wrote:
All my irl friends switched to LoL.

So I did.

heathen
we all hope to be like whitera one day
1hpBuiltForLove
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada89 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-15 04:47:50
February 15 2012 04:45 GMT
#770
The Formula is FUN!

Unlike previous blizzard rts games, SC2 multiplayer does not offer an exciting, and fun experience. Winning a match is awarding, however it takes a lot of work to do this, and when we use the word awarding, we are not at all saying that the game is fun.

What makes a game fun? or What is the formula for FUN!?
1) Every multiplayer match should have a sense of originality. Does SC2 really have that feeling, like every match is unique, if anyone has ever played a game of chess, one would know that it is very difficult to play two games alike.

2) This is the same as originality; it is called memorable! Sure Leenock winning an MLG, or whatever Huk did to idra was memorable, but was it fun to remember, and thus when I use the word memorable, I am asking, are these events truly socially memorable. Every other memorable event that is advertised comes across as only this, that the 3rd party groups surrounding this E-sport shove the word "memorable" down our throats while they recap the progessing infancy of this game.

3) Experimentation: Does anyone know what it means to play an rts game and experiment? Every time I hear this word from a player in SC2, I feel as though they are going through the same thing as me.. And that is we are scraping the bottom..

No other RTS game I have ever played has been like this when it comes to using the word experimentation. I have been playing RTS since I was 8 years old, and experimenting is what made me play the game for an additional 400 hours. Experimenting made my matches fun, made games unpredictable on both sides of the battle, and allowed the highest grade strain of protein in the variables forming the compound of the elements ADDICTION!@.

Expirementing allowed an active-learning experience, especially when learning opponent reactions, and I truly felt like every match I had ever played, could not ever occur again.

Looking back a year ago to when I bought SC2, I have found it more awarding as a spectator sport, while the memory of my matches, is simply a blur.

muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
February 15 2012 04:46 GMT
#771
On February 15 2012 12:06 mijagi182 wrote:
i agree with some MMR problems. After 2 season break i started to ladder, played a tone of games, dropped from Masters and now im stuck with high MMR with top 50 diamond in my division. Cant get any higher since i always play against top10 diamond or masters and i have like same amount of wins/losses

I keep seeing complaints like this.

Err, I don't mean to be mean, but you realize that is the system working correctly, right? You're being matched against players of your skill level.

I just feel like a lot of people can't handle real competition.

Blizzard already babies everyone by giving "bonus points" so people feel like they're advancing even if they're not, and hiding losses for low leagues.

Sorry, but for all the complaints about B.Net, the MMR system is not one of them. It does a great job of matching you and you *will* see advancement if you are actually improving.

No need to reset MMR or allow people to, either... that just causes the problem where you never know if the person you're playing is actually at your level or jsut a smurf account. That's how the WC3 ladder was, and it allowed you to reset/create a new account at any time.

It doesn't really take very long for the MMR to settle. Even if it's been awhile since you've last played, it will get you facing appropriate level opponents within 5-10 games.
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
February 15 2012 04:52 GMT
#772
On February 15 2012 13:45 1hpBuiltForLove wrote:
The Formula is FUN!

Unlike previous blizzard rts games, SC2 multiplayer does not offer an exciting, and fun experience. Winning a match is awarding, however it takes a lot of work to do this, and when we use the word awarding, we are not at all saying that the game is fun.

What makes a game fun? or What is the formula for FUN!?
1) Every multiplayer match should have a sense of originality. Does SC2 really have that feeling, like every match is unique, if anyone has ever played a game of chess, one would know that it is very difficult to play two games alike.

2) This is the same as originality; it is called memorable! Sure Leenock winning an MLG, or whatever Huk did to idra was memorable, but was it fun to remember, and thus when I use the word memorable, I am asking, are these events truly socially memorable. Every other memorable event that is advertised comes across as only this, that the 3rd party groups surrounding this E-sport shove the word "memorable" down our throats while they recap the progessing infancy of this game.

3) Experimentation: Does anyone know what it means to play an rts game and experiment? Every time I hear this word from a player in SC2, I feel as though they are going through the same thing as me.. And that is we are scraping the bottom..

No other RTS game I have ever played has been like this when it comes to using the word experimentation. I have been playing RTS since I was 8 years old, and experimenting is what made me play the game for an additional 400 hours. Expirementing made my matches fun, made games unpredictable on both sides of the battle, and allowed the highest grade strain of protein in the variables forming the compound of the elements ADDICTION!@.

Expirementing allowed an active-learning experience, especially when learning opponent reactions, and I truly felt like every match I had ever played, could not ever occur again.

Looking back a year ago to when I bought SC2, I have found it more awarding as a spectator sport, while the memory of my matches, is simply a blur.




The reason you don't see a lot of "experimentation" is because the genre has advanced and matured. I remember experimenting a lot in RTS games too, I grew up on Warcraft and Command and Conquer. To be honest, I sucked.

Experimenting is simply not going to give you good results unless you really know the game in and out... that's why the top players are the ones innovating and the rest follow.

When normal players like you and me experiment, there is no way we know more about the game than these other guys, so there is no way we're finding out some great new build or strategy.

Personally that doesn't bother me, rather I see it as a sign the game is mature.

Watch Bronze league games sometime- That shit is crazy. Tons of experimentation. Those guys are just winging it and having fun. But, that's the reason they're in bronze league.

To make another analogy to chess (I know, cliché), nobody is inventing new openings anymore... especially not amateur players. Does that make Chess bad? No, but again, it's mature and any cute trick you can come up with has already been figured out and is weaker than the vanilla openings.


Spectorials
Profile Joined October 2010
558 Posts
February 15 2012 05:24 GMT
#773
Here's a simple reason why I don't play ladder anymore: it's not actually fun.

I LOVE watching GSL and high level tournaments but do not enjoy in the slightest playing the game. Do any others feel this way?

It's kind of the reverse with other games for me... (mobas such as HoN/DotA love playing but seldom watch competitive).
-niL
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada1131 Posts
February 15 2012 05:37 GMT
#774
When i first started to play and was in bronze, i would play like 3 games a week cause I was scared of losing. But, after my first league promotion, I just got so hooked and started to play much more often. Also, each time I lose, I started to think more positively that you learn a lot more from losing then winning :D
FlamingTurd
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1059 Posts
February 15 2012 05:41 GMT
#775
Mostly because of school. That's why I don't play 1/20th as much as I want to. The stress of high level college courses is crazy and I feel like I don't have the strength to play 1v1 on ladder, just makes me too tired. I would rather watch GSL or my favorite streamer and just lay on my bed with my laptop! Just so much less stressful :-)
Nerf MMMT!!! Liquid`Ret Hwaiting!!!
how2TL
Profile Joined August 2010
1197 Posts
February 15 2012 06:31 GMT
#776
Blizzard isn't too interested in making the ladder system more flexible or accessible.
LeCastor
Profile Joined July 2010
France234 Posts
February 15 2012 07:36 GMT
#777
Don't like the metagame .
Philipd122
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia776 Posts
February 15 2012 07:57 GMT
#778
On February 15 2012 14:41 FlamingTurd wrote:
Mostly because of school. That's why I don't play 1/20th as much as I want to. The stress of high level college courses is crazy and I feel like I don't have the strength to play 1v1 on ladder, just makes me too tired. I would rather watch GSL or my favorite streamer and just lay on my bed with my laptop! Just so much less stressful :-)


Usually this, or joining a clan and practicing is a good way to get past Blizzard's horrible laddering/social experience.
Oz | Leenock | GuMiho | Lucky | MC | PartinG | DRG | Mvp
Atreides
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2393 Posts
February 15 2012 08:00 GMT
#779
On February 13 2012 23:02 BeeNu wrote:
I don't have ladder fear I have ladder apathy, my goal with laddering was to always reach Masters league, once I reached that I just lost most of my incentive to keep laddering. :O

I've been preferring to just play PeepMode maps and screw around instead.


This pretty much exactly for me. I worked VERY hard to make masters because I am naturally god awful at the game, and once I did I have very little motivation.
kckkryptonite
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
1126 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-15 08:29:55
February 15 2012 08:24 GMT
#780
I would remove #7, bad manner exists in every online game. I personally have played SC2 a lot less (hence ladder a lot less) because of the terrible custom map "popularity" system among other things, the old SC1 system worked perfect, why did they change it? (much like the interface and terrible chat channels). In addition, a lot of the units don't have that same micro-able game-changing awesomeness and overpoweredness from SC1, more times than not, games just aren't as close but rather landslide victories. I remember something Mr. Chae said yesterday about late-game TvP, it's really not army v army, but Ghosts vs. Templars, which I could kind of relate to outcome of the game, it seems like it's not a series of moments that leads to the victory, but one or two that make you lose and you just have to hope your opponent slips up.

I play T and haven't cared so much about the chain-nerfs to Terran, but I imagine some people might've left because of that if they were to lazy to switch races, the back to back 50% damage cuts to BFH, Snipe is depressing if you're already not doing so hot as T; the overall balance just feels weird, if I can play a solid macro game with pressure against Z sometimes I feel T is OP and insanely efficient, but if I get one horrid engagement or slip up slightly on macro, it usually leads to me being crushed, sometimes I have silly victories against P: T mid-game timings and all-ins seem too strong, but at the same time it feels like you're on a timer to do significant damage or win before they get too much bases. It's all the little things that start off as "small annoyances" that just add up for me. Still enjoy the game a bit and watch the GSL all the time though.
RIP avilo, qxc keyboard 2013, RIP Nathanis keyboard 2014
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 230
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 120
BRAT_OK 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3698
Bisu 1906
Soulkey 1161
EffOrt 723
Mini 533
Larva 344
Horang2 239
ZerO 238
actioN 160
ggaemo 153
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 142
hero 89
Sharp 78
Mind 75
Shinee 56
sorry 49
Snow 40
Hyun 39
Barracks 36
Bale 29
Trap 24
Terrorterran 23
ToSsGirL 20
NaDa 17
Rock 15
Sacsri 11
scan(afreeca) 11
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
zelot 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5870
Dendi1394
XaKoH 371
420jenkins364
League of Legends
Reynor67
Counter-Strike
fl0m3824
pashabiceps720
Fnx 662
x6flipin430
edward26
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu242
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1382
Grubby1207
hiko831
FrodaN579
XBOCT258
Livibee215
TKL 117
C9.Mang0110
QueenE92
Mew2King40
ZerO(Twitch)25
RotterdaM18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV220
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 70
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV685
League of Legends
• Nemesis3850
• TFBlade683
Other Games
• Shiphtur528
• imaqtpie106
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 51m
Patches Events
22h 51m
The PondCast
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.