• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:27
CEST 23:27
KST 06:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7984 users

Nobody Plays 1v1 Ladder Anymore? - Page 38

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 86 Next
-Switch-
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada506 Posts
February 14 2012 23:51 GMT
#741
Some people are afraid of laddering for some reason. Cause they know its only them and the other person and can't handle the pressure.
badDogma
Profile Joined August 2010
United States106 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-15 00:20:49
February 14 2012 23:52 GMT
#742
I would play a lot more if they gave us the ability to make an offrace account, or play in other regions, but that'll never happen. Thankfully valve/DotA 2 is giving me a lot of the "old" stuff that battlenet 2 left out.
A genius cannot defeat someone who works hard. Someone who works hard cannot defeat someone who enjoys their work. -- Rain
Nozral
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany47 Posts
February 14 2012 23:56 GMT
#743
On February 15 2012 07:16 Daray wrote:
People play to have fun and if they're not having fun they'll stop playing and apparently the majority has stopped playing 1v1 atleast.


I really doubt it's the majority that has stopped. The SC2 1vs1 ladder is alive and well IMO, sc2ranks has skewed stats.
FoeHamr
Profile Joined December 2010
United States489 Posts
February 14 2012 23:58 GMT
#744
I stopped having fun with it. Winning didn't feel all that great, and losing pissed me off so I just moved on with my gaming life. Been playing some of the SC2 customs, HoN, LoL, Minecraft that kinda stuff. Still watch the occasional tournament but even that is getting stale. I think that I am going to try again with the new ladder season, but even the maps feel old.
Epoxxyy
Profile Joined September 2011
20 Posts
February 14 2012 23:59 GMT
#745
Anyone else realize that only people who don't 1v1 anymore are posting? Thats because you all are using time you would use for ladder to talk on forums about how bad the game is. People who enjoy ladder don't comment on this because they are either A. Laddering or B. are tired of reading this stupid dribble. Anyone who says cheese and all-ins should just start practicing how to beat those if that truely is the only reason you're losing then you should, in theory, be able to havea 100% win rate. As zerg I like when people cheese because 90% of the time I will win. (Plat zerg so you don't need much skill to beat it). People are getting lazier and don't want to put time into improving or don't do it the correct way.

As for people saying your w/l not showing or match ups. I believe sc2ranks and sc2gears takes care of that. go get it and there are your stats. Bnet i will give to you sucks weiner but it's still not as bad as it could be. The chat does work if you put some effert into it which as i stated before....people are lazy. A lot of people go for games that gratify you instantly and they complain about having to put forth any effort what so ever.

Also I will say 1v1 should have a filter system. You can choose what race you want to play. This way you can get only that race and can be matched up correctly.

Like all the other forum posts mine will either be flamed or ignored because you all think that this is stupid because I'm saying that you're not perfect and that you're lazy...take a minute or two to really think about what you could do to make this game better besides your initial....OP OP ALL INS CHEESE AND BM. None of these are real reasons why people quit. There just scapegoats for the real reasons. And if not then you're probably that guy that BM's just saying =P

napkinlad
Profile Joined January 2012
United States12 Posts
February 15 2012 00:18 GMT
#746
i feel like every single option in the poll is why i stopped playing
IPA
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3206 Posts
February 15 2012 00:19 GMT
#747
This thread is emo beyond belief.

Enjoying Season 6! Sick map pool! Life is good.
Time held me green and dying though I sang in my chains like the sea.
Kid-Fox
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada400 Posts
February 15 2012 00:24 GMT
#748
Terran here
I'm feeling lonely in my division (Diamond)...
There are as many terrans in the top 25 as there are random players. >_> Even worse, I'm the only one in Top 8.
Where did all the terrans go? It has the best mirror, nice active playstyle, cool units. I guess people want to pick the "skill" race/character when they play competitively (ew top tier. Skill-less scrubs).
Come on terrans, play some more! Where are all you guys anyways?

On a more general note, I find 1v1 ladder can be a grueling, miserable experience that is filled with angry, spiteful sore losers (and unmodest winners), BM in general, only punctuated scarcely by the nice guys who "gg wp" each game or chat you up without using it as a screen for an insane cheese. The only people who would enjoy such a cutthroat environment would be the "hardcores", which may be why so many people are turning "casual". That, and the social system of Bnet 2.0 is severely lacking. It took community protest to introduce chat channels for god's sake!

I was a scared, antisocial child when I was younger and I did not 'get' the benefits of Battle.net 1.0 with its REAL channels and ability to make visible game rooms. I would have much preferred channels, with moderators and customizable profiles (I guess I can somewhat understand no infinite account making because of LAN and more cash with people buying SC2 more than once), over annoying as hell SC2 channels and blind custom game system, making anything other than Nexus Wars/Marine Arena/4v4Monobattles/RPGs/DOTA next to impossible to set up without friends beforehand.
Ubenn
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada114 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-15 00:32:50
February 15 2012 00:29 GMT
#749
On February 15 2012 09:19 IPA wrote:
This thread is emo beyond belief.

Enjoying Season 6! Sick map pool! Life is good.

It seems we are in a rare club around these parts.

As a masters player and being in the smallest pool of players, I rarely face the same opponent back-to-back, I'd say that, that it's self is proof that ladder is alive and kicking.
DuckS
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-15 00:35:20
February 15 2012 00:33 GMT
#750
You should probably also consider that the poll is being conducted in an sc2 forum. People who quit the game probably don't visit this nearly as often as they used to.

For me, the game became a chore. No fun. The only fun was in the competition - but that can be argued for all things. After awhile I realized it was a waste of time and I was going no where with the game. I quit, play dota now whenever I have the time.
"You foiled us this time Americans, but your liberty will not protect your Marilyn Monroe forever - our Queen must FEED!" - Deleuze
aderum
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Sweden1459 Posts
February 15 2012 00:38 GMT
#751
On February 15 2012 09:33 DuckS wrote:
You should probably also consider that the poll is being conducted in an sc2 forum. People who quit the game probably don't visit this nearly as often as they used to.

For me, the game became a chore. No fun. The only fun was in the competition - but that can be argued for all things. After awhile I realized it was a waste of time and I was going no where with the game. I quit, play dota now whenever I have the time.


I dont really play at all anymore, just like 1 or 2 games a week (im masters btw). The game kinda just got stale and boring for me, but i still watch a lot of stream and tourneys. For me a tleast i stil follow the scene as closely, im just not playing the game (right now). Im playing HoN with my buddies right now, having so much more fun.
Crazy people dont sit around and wonder if they are insane
dartoo
Profile Joined May 2010
India2889 Posts
February 15 2012 00:39 GMT
#752
I really want to start playing again, but then I end up choosing brood war, thought I really do like sc2 a lot aswell. Hopefully this season I'll be more active in sc2 aswell.
bustanut
Profile Joined June 2011
United States76 Posts
February 15 2012 00:44 GMT
#753
On February 15 2012 09:38 aderum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2012 09:33 DuckS wrote:
You should probably also consider that the poll is being conducted in an sc2 forum. People who quit the game probably don't visit this nearly as often as they used to.

For me, the game became a chore. No fun. The only fun was in the competition - but that can be argued for all things. After awhile I realized it was a waste of time and I was going no where with the game. I quit, play dota now whenever I have the time.


I dont really play at all anymore, just like 1 or 2 games a week (im masters btw). The game kinda just got stale and boring for me, but i still watch a lot of stream and tourneys. For me a tleast i stil follow the scene as closely, im just not playing the game (right now). Im playing HoN with my buddies right now, having so much more fun.

lol you have about another week before HoN starts to crash and burn. Raging when you're HoN'ing with friends (or anyone) is inevitable
Lysenko
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Iceland2128 Posts
February 15 2012 00:47 GMT
#754
There's something screwy about those numbers. I believe that something fundamental has changed about how sc2ranks tracks 1v1 teams, because it doesn't make any sense that numbers would be stable for a year and a half and then suddenly drop to 1/3 what they had been over eight weeks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism
Mrvoodoochild1
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1439 Posts
February 15 2012 00:49 GMT
#755
I still play sc2 because it's free to play online and I don't have any money to spend on another game. The life of a college student.
"let your freak flag fly"
DamVii
Profile Joined September 2010
63 Posts
February 15 2012 00:51 GMT
#756
I haven' t reduced my 1v1 laddering, i even added some 2v2 in the last season. I used to to have ladder anxiety about 1v1, i still don' t feel like playing some days but i won' t think about it if i feel like playing a game or two.

I don' t think that ppl actually care about cheese and all ins that much. The core problem of this game, apart from the battlenet 2.0 ofc, the real thing that differentiates this game from BW and even W3 on this aspect is the ability to make new accounts for free. I mean we have all bought the game, we have all paid the 60eu or w/e, but cmon blizzard, if ppl could just make new accounts they would not care too much about their w/l ratio hence they would play more.

This would ofc raise the problem of smurfing but it was that way in BW, wasn' t it?

Most ppl don' t see a reduction in the number of players in their everyday laddering, i don' t usually meet the same person twice since i am just mid diamond. This ofc changes on high masters i think, but this is not a consequence of what we discuss here. I do not worry about my laddering tomorrow or in the next six months, but i care about the lifespan of sc2 as a game since it is something i enjoy playing in my free time.

Btw regarding the hole battlenet 2.0 and sc2gears, i don' t want to use 3rd party applications in order to get what the game should offer by default. It was the same with WoW and addons. A succesful addon was released and blizzard would implement it in the game after a couple patches (eg. that questhelper or what it' s called) and with battlenet it is the exact reverse. Its functionality is removed as it progresses? Wth is that?
Mvrio
Profile Joined July 2011
689 Posts
February 15 2012 00:52 GMT
#757
i played 1v1 to match up where my skill in the world is, now that i generally know how good i am i don't play a lot, i have other games and 2's 3's and a funner dimension which is great. also customs aren't supposed to be taken seriously so I play those every once in a while
On October 03 2011 Jinsho wrote: Everyone is just a speck of fly dirt on the wall compared to Greg playing at his best :D
XChoke
Profile Joined November 2011
Australia45 Posts
February 15 2012 01:44 GMT
#758
I love laddering!

I use to hate it and got anxious with every game and every loss. I stopped treating "Laddering" as a competition and just an easy way to get into a game that I enjoy. There is no reason not to talk to people in game and say things like"wow I didn't see that warp prism attack coming!" after you gg. It's a game that if you want to enjoy it requires you let go of your ego, since 50% of the games you play will most likely result in a loss.

I've been back laddering everyday for the last 3 months and I enjoy SC2 now more than ever. I have two rules: if I want to play another game (damn you Skyrim!) that is fine but I have to do 1 ladder game first. Everytime I play I chose two things to work on and win or lose I make sure I'm doing those things - spreading creep like crazy or perhaps playing with some unit just because I want to!
There is no imbalance...only weakness.
Sub40APM
Profile Joined August 2010
6336 Posts
February 15 2012 01:45 GMT
#759
I like playing ladder but the last month or so my games have turned into mirror craft, with no matter what race I pick I go through 4-5 mirror games and one off race. Even when I am random! I find it really frustrating.
homeless_guy
Profile Joined June 2005
United States321 Posts
February 15 2012 01:48 GMT
#760
I work full time and I bring work home, especially on the weekends. I love SC2 and BW but the reality is, as is true with any skill-based game (video game or otherwise), the less you play the lower your skill level is. I have time to lurk & post on TL, and occasionally I can watch VODs or tournaments, but I don't have 2+ hours a day to keep my skill level at anything like respectable or near my knowledge of the metagame. My hands are stiff, I can't macro let alone micro, I forget BO's, etc. I could play 2v2 or 3v3, which is much more random and luck-based, and therefore lower-stakes, but that is a double-edged sword: losing smarts less but winning is much less fulfilling. I went 2 base stim MMM. YAY!
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 248
SteadfastSC 116
Nina 105
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2294
910 61
Bale 14
Super Smash Bros
PPMD51
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1040
Other Games
summit1g5977
Grubby2295
shahzam584
C9.Mang0190
Liquid`Ken2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 63
• Hupsaiya 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21240
Other Games
• imaqtpie867
• Shiphtur241
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 33m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 33m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.