• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:43
CEST 15:43
KST 22:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8880 users

Nobody Plays 1v1 Ladder Anymore? - Page 14

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 86 Next
DreamChaser
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
1649 Posts
February 13 2012 17:45 GMT
#261
For me at least starcraft 2 is a game i have to play a decent amount if i want to stay at my current skill level, like not playing for 2 weeks and then i try to play again. I will get crushed on the ladder and its really just get wrenching annoying when you come back and your hands are doing their own things while your mind is trying to tell them what to do. .
Plays against every MU with nexus first.
mark05
Profile Joined March 2009
Canada807 Posts
February 13 2012 17:45 GMT
#262
THe ladder system isnt that great, i prefer playing 1v1 customs with ppl my level
yes, I'm MarkOhFive
PaPoolee
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands660 Posts
February 13 2012 17:49 GMT
#263
I stopped playing after i got to GM league in season 4, was my goal since it came out and i just lost the will to play after that ...
growlizing
Profile Joined February 2011
Norway122 Posts
February 13 2012 17:50 GMT
#264
On February 13 2012 23:02 BeeNu wrote:
I don't have ladder fear I have ladder apathy, my goal with laddering was to always reach Masters league, once I reached that I just lost most of my incentive to keep laddering. :O

I've been preferring to just play PeepMode maps and screw around instead.

This. Reached masters a few seasons ago and then it was pretty much just meh to 1v1. I know I won't reach GM, so fuck it.
Mrvoodoochild1
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1439 Posts
February 13 2012 17:50 GMT
#265
I think its natural that the casual player just loses interest in the 1v1 format of laddering and just transitions into playing custom games. The drop off is too be expected but that big a drop off is somewhat surprising,
"let your freak flag fly"
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
February 13 2012 17:51 GMT
#266
On February 14 2012 02:32 mell0w wrote:
The game needs an unofficial find match button where ladder stats arent recorded and race specific vs option to practice mu builds. Those options alone would increase 1v1 gameplay.


You mean like custom? Without the race feature.
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
Witten
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2094 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 17:52:09
February 13 2012 17:51 GMT
#267
There is a LOT of passive aggressive balance whine in this thread sadly. I would say a lot of people may have followed my route. Started by watching some youtube vids, playing the game with friends, time passed and school got in the way and VODS are so much more convenient. When you don't have a lot of time to put into SC2, it can be very annoying and not fun to 1v1 ladder. The custom game system is pretty bad still, so all I can get lobbies of is Desert Strike and Nexus Wars, which I've been playing for months and months. It's probably a culmination of a lot of things, hopefully HOTS will increase the player base, but I'll be a viewer for a very long time.

@Greenyk- Yeah if customs worked like that. I guess you can get a custom on Shattered Temple...
Brood War Forever / NA's premiere Shadow Shaman player / Courier Collector / Bot Game Champion / Highly amateur Mystical Ninja Goemon Speedrunner
UmiNotsuki
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States633 Posts
February 13 2012 17:55 GMT
#268
I personally stopped playing this season, after being rather active in every season leading up to it. Just got frustrated with the game, not fun anymore... Maybe I'll be back.

Perhaps the season 1 try hards like me are just starting to get weary.
UmiNotsuki.111 (NA), UNTReborn.932 (EU), UmiNotsuki (iCCup) -- You see that text I wrote above this? I'll betcha $5 that you disagree :D
Snorkle
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1648 Posts
February 13 2012 17:57 GMT
#269
Too busy with university (graduating this semester). Bnet .02 sucks. Hanging out in the TL chat channel on Dota 2 is much more fun. As others have mentioned, there isn't much to gain from laddering: the league system makes it impossible to compare yourself with others. The game provides you with 0 stats (to avoid offending people who lose? or something?). I don't want to have to run a 3rd party program and alt tab to it in order to find decent statistical analysis.

I hate rock paper scissors.

About the only way you could talk me into buying HotS is if you told me that blizzard was removing all this +damage to this type or that type nonsense that I thought was only for low budget rts games that completely revolve around the RPS formula because their studio doesn't have time to properly balance the game, and re-balance SC2 through mechanics such as movement speed, range, rate of fire, splash etc.... but what do I know? I am just a lowly peon and dustin browder is teh bestest rts developer evar.
Zushen
Profile Joined June 2011
275 Posts
February 13 2012 17:57 GMT
#270
Relentless Terran nerfs make players quit even im considering
teamsolid
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada3668 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 17:59:51
February 13 2012 17:58 GMT
#271
I hit Master's the very first season it was introduced, but I'm never going to get into GM without putting way too much time into this game. I still do team games from time to time with friends, but there is just no motivation for me to keep laddering.
Tuthur
Profile Joined July 2010
France985 Posts
February 13 2012 17:59 GMT
#272
short seasons are killing my motivation to go up in rank as far as I'm concerned, they should at least be more than 3 months.
-Jacob-
Profile Joined November 2010
358 Posts
February 13 2012 17:59 GMT
#273
I'm tired of playing 1v1 on ladder cause of all the 1 base players. I was hoping once I hit masters more people would play a macro game but I thought wrong =/
Rawr
Acritter
Profile Joined August 2010
Syria7637 Posts
February 13 2012 17:59 GMT
#274
I still enjoy playing. I'm really looking forward to having Cloud Kingdom and Korhal Compound in the map pool next season.
dont let your memes be dreams - konydora, motivational speaker | not actually living in syria
bruteMax
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada339 Posts
February 13 2012 18:00 GMT
#275
Being on bnet 0.2 discourages me from playing SC2 for any length of time.
I'm the benevolent dictator you've been looking for.
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
February 13 2012 18:01 GMT
#276
The new maps look hugely promising, I'm thinking to play more with the new season.

The reason why I'm not playing that much is...well due to stress.It's strange too, like two weeks ago I played 25 games a single day, a damn record for me and I actually won more than half of those games, I didn't really rage, I had so much fun and felt like I was improving.

Then, a week ago I played and lost 6 in a row. Then despair set in and I abandoned the game again. It is a damn cycle I can't break out of.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
XXXSmOke
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States1333 Posts
February 13 2012 18:02 GMT
#277
On February 13 2012 23:08 Shockk wrote:
Shameless plug: Maybe it's not ladder anxiety or insufficient motivation causing dropping players numbers, but the general lack of social features and feeling of community in the game?




This combined with all of the all-ins, and BMers make for a quite boring game after some time. At this rate Im waiting for HoTs to really change the game again. Id like to beat people that I am better than, rather than lose to their all in, just as much as im hoping for a clan system, weekly Bnet hosted tournaments, better chat channels(not the ones where I have to squint to see what ppl are saying.

Really sad, Starcraft has always been my number one game ever since iccup for BW, but sc2 just isnt cutting it.
Emperor? Boxer disapproves. He's building bunkers at your mom's house even as you're reading this.
rockstartower
Profile Joined July 2011
United States18 Posts
February 13 2012 18:02 GMT
#278
Heres my take. When I play team games I chat with my teamates, plan unit compilations with them, have fun doing stupid strategies and other things. It has a social aspect that 1v1 does not have. Most 1v1 games for me only have a "gg, gl" at the start and then maybe a few words said at the end of the game. I can't go that long without craving more of a feeling of a social atmosphere. I know team games are not like a social chat room. But the feeling of being on a team is just different.
"Life is to be enjoyed, not endured"
magnaflow
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada1521 Posts
February 13 2012 18:04 GMT
#279
On February 14 2012 02:50 Mrvoodoochild1 wrote:
I think its natural that the casual player just loses interest in the 1v1 format of laddering and just transitions into playing custom games. The drop off is too be expected but that big a drop off is somewhat surprising,



Thats because the custom game system sucks and not many casual players actually play them.
StatX
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada343 Posts
February 13 2012 18:04 GMT
#280
I stopped laddering for lack of time and too many games to play. SC2, Skyrim, Civilization 5, L4D2, A pile of ~20 games waiting for my consoles still unopened, Kingdoms of Amalur, Darkness 2, Terraria... The list goes on adn on and on...

I enjoy the new things and I am an MMO player at heart (played EQ1 for about 9 years). It got to the point where the time needed to go above platinum was too demanding for me and the limited map pool made the game extremely repetitive.

As a protoss, I felt like I had to 2 gate expand or forge expand every game. PvP was a coinflip except on teldarim where every game MUST be a 4 gate. PvT was the most enojyable of all but thats the match up that I saw the least in my ladder games.

I must say if they added a better chat system to BNET 2.0 and gave more statistics on your game play with maybe charts to show your skill improvement, it might help me come back but I have no plans to do so at this time.

Can we snipe it? Yes we can!
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 671
ComeBackTV 529
SteadfastSC346
TaKeTV 277
Rex105
IndyStarCraft 57
EnkiAlexander 37
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 346
ProTech126
Rex 94
IndyStarCraft 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44231
Bisu 2471
Horang2 1354
Shuttle 922
EffOrt 784
Hyuk 605
BeSt 569
Soma 528
Light 401
Mini 399
[ Show more ]
Larva 328
Rush 231
ZerO 209
Mong 88
Leta 85
Snow 76
Sea.KH 74
Pusan 52
Mind 47
ToSsGirL 47
Sexy 42
JYJ 35
Yoon 30
Aegong 29
Bale 21
sorry 19
Terrorterran 19
Noble 13
Rock 11
Icarus 9
Trap 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6417
Counter-Strike
Fnx 768
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1529
Khaldor1016
Lowko437
Other Games
gofns31064
singsing1995
olofmeister1413
hiko561
Beastyqt462
B2W.Neo422
XaKoH 200
Livibee197
Liquid`VortiX137
Hui .131
ArmadaUGS79
Mew2King68
djWHEAT67
QueenE15
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV173
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2392
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 17m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 17m
Online Event
21h 17m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.