• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:57
CEST 01:57
KST 08:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8878 users

Nobody Plays 1v1 Ladder Anymore? - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 86 Next
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
February 13 2012 17:25 GMT
#241
I used to play a fair amount of 1v1's eventually I just gave up, I enjoyed it but the pressure I for some reason instigate on myself just led me to not enjoy it like I enjoy other games. Now I only play sc2 for teamgames and some custom games with friends.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3552 Posts
February 13 2012 17:26 GMT
#242
I've went from a position, where everyone of my friends played sc2 to now, where none of them play the game.
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
Gargara
Profile Joined January 2011
Romania150 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 17:33:52
February 13 2012 17:26 GMT
#243
I realised that I need to concentrate too much for the multitasking, and also as much as I try I always press the wrong button on the keyboard and ruin my hotkeys, and I always press the wrong buttons. It's too much of a hassle, so I don't care about 1v1. If I try to micro I get behind on buildings, and units, if I'm doing the other, I loose my army and I have no idea until I seem my hotkey has none ...

I play 4v4 casually (who cares if I leave from a game because of other reasons) We need new 4v4 maps... I'm getting bored, I miss Megaton. An also, I need timestamp in the chat window.

EDIT: I enjoy Sayle's stream a lot. I missed a lot of BW history, even though I did play it in '99. Two of my friends were telling me they were playing BW... I might switch tot that. It was like, do you have a build order, "NO"; Do you know when to take your gas? "we eake it from the beginning", on how many bases to you end the game? "maybe two". Even thou it is harder, the slow pace of everything there is a lot more enjoyable. Not like, miss a forcefield an GG cuz of steam+1a.
eits
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States210 Posts
February 13 2012 17:29 GMT
#244
blizzard just isn't the dream factory they once were when I was a child, there no longer is that place in my heart because they seem to be highly ignoring us when it comes to the UI. Also make ladder seasons longer than 2 months maybe, longer seasons were better in the start
WesleyLok
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada99 Posts
February 13 2012 17:30 GMT
#245
If you're talking about NA, then I would attribute a big part of it to the fact that something like 70% of NA is zerg. It's boring always playing the exact same matchup, especially if you play protoss and 50% of the time its a 6-10 pool.
Sein
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1811 Posts
February 13 2012 17:31 GMT
#246
On February 14 2012 02:17 nitdkim wrote:
the game just simply became boring to play. It's very easy to plateau into a skill level and at that point the game becomes very rote and boring. The effort needed to pass this plateau is too great for most people to commit into and the process of overcoming one's plateau is even more boring. General loss of interest in the development of the game (even strategy wise) just makes it not worthwhile to ladder.

Plus, there aren't even many notable custom maps that are fun to play. The matchmaking/popularity system is just trash and I don't even consider logging on to SC2 to play user-created custom maps.


This is a great point. Something that was in the back of my mind but I just didn't know how to put it out there. I also agree with the bit about the custom maps and the popularity system.
mell0w
Profile Joined September 2010
United States102 Posts
February 13 2012 17:32 GMT
#247
The game needs an unofficial find match button where ladder stats arent recorded and race specific vs option to practice mu builds. Those options alone would increase 1v1 gameplay.
Lakona
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada110 Posts
February 13 2012 17:33 GMT
#248
Lawl OF COURSE this is going to happen. It has nothing to do with the game, it's simply human nature.

People quit Starcraft for the same reason they quit any other hobby they might frivolously take up. It's fun at first, then they reach a plateau. Just like when learning a musical instrument or a physical sport or anything else, plateaus are really difficult to push through. Only the people with real passion will be willing to do so, and those people are always a minority.

People complaining about the game itself are just making excuses, no different than people who quit other shit do. And that's completely fine, it's not for you. You should go do something that is.
Wildmoon
Profile Joined December 2011
Thailand4189 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 17:35:06
February 13 2012 17:34 GMT
#249
If I remember right it's the same for every Blizzard's RTS that were released whether it's SC:BW or WC3. Population always drops quite fast in all of them. Only people left are people who truly like RTS game. I have experienced something like this since BW. Starcraft is not like WoW that was designed to keep you playing forever.
EMIYA
Profile Joined March 2011
United States433 Posts
February 13 2012 17:34 GMT
#250
Zerg players all-in way too much.

I was similar to some other posters in this 'ladder apathy' for awhile. I mass played until mid masters and then barely play/mostly watch.
Raygun
Profile Joined August 2010
348 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 17:36:34
February 13 2012 17:34 GMT
#251
I'm simply bored with the game as a player and have been for quite awhile. I still enjoy watching some of the highest end tournaments, but as a player it's really stale. I even bought a second account to try another ladder, but it's the same old shit at high master level (EU and NA.) I really have no interest in trying the Korean ladder because I'm pretty sure it'll be the same thing but with more lag.

I find myself going back to CoH and Paradox games (mostly EU3 and HoI3). CoH seems much more entertaining for a quicker game (the balance is worse, but it's still more entertaining to me) and those Paradox games are far far more enjoyable to play to me, even though the community is thin and it's more difficult to find good players.
statikg
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada930 Posts
February 13 2012 17:37 GMT
#252
It sucks that one day I play 10protoss in a row then the next day I play 10zerg in a row, and my favorite matchup is TvT but I only play about 1/20 or on a good day maybe 1/8. There are just so many protoss and zerg in masters that even though I feel like trying zerg out for a while, since I hate zvz, I don't want to play it.
Gargara
Profile Joined January 2011
Romania150 Posts
February 13 2012 17:37 GMT
#253
On February 14 2012 02:32 mell0w wrote:
The game needs an unofficial find match button where ladder stats arent recorded and race specific vs option to practice mu builds. Those options alone would increase 1v1 gameplay.


To be honest I miss the losses from my stats. And I think the MMR has to go. Why do we have this phony points and leagues that is just the shadow of what the real measurement is? Just make it like, if you are in the first 25 in the group you advance, and if you are in the lower 25 you are demoted, at the end of the season or something. It's redundant to have the 100 man divisions when they dont' matter much.
Treva
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States535 Posts
February 13 2012 17:38 GMT
#254
Of course people are quitting, it happens with every game. Starcraft 2 has been out for almost 2 years now, people have lost interest. Other games have either come out or are gaining popularity (SWTOR, LoL etc.). Ladder is also known to be quite stressful for some people and now that the game is getting older people are deciding that the stress isn't worth it anymore.

Your suggestions, while admirable, are not spot on in my opinion. I don't really believe it's ladder fear anymore as it is just people not having interest in laddering. When the game was new and a lot of people were playing chances are friends would compete with friends and people had reasons for laddering, but now that a lot of casuals have moved to other games that leaves more and more people with less reasons to actually ladder. Also, the only things I could think that you could purchase with ladder points would be purely cosmetic changes and even then you would have to be delicate when making changes to the appearance of units/building in the game.

Live it up.
FinBenton
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland870 Posts
February 13 2012 17:39 GMT
#255
When I started the game I set my goal to be atleast in Gold leaque and once I made it in I just simply stopped playing.. Still watch all the tournaments and play some drunk team games and customs with friends etc.
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
February 13 2012 17:40 GMT
#256
For me, its mostly about school and other things
in terms of importance it goes
School / hw
Girlfriend
social activities and physical activites such as Skyping, partying, sports, art, physical therapy,
SC2, TF2
CS:S

So i can usually get to SC2 on a good day if i put it ahead of girlfriend, but if not, then it never works out. The thing is that while i could play 2-3 games a day i was able to get to high plat. When i had to take weeks off even, i flew to mid gold. I was gonna be high diamond, but i couldn't get to there because i had to take up to 14 days off between games. I play to win and to get better, but when taking so long off, responding to all ins becomes harder so i found a team to pratice with instead.


User was warned for too many mimes.
Smackzilla
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States539 Posts
February 13 2012 17:41 GMT
#257
Season 6 results will determine if this was a seasonal drop off (Holidays, Start of college, New Years resolutions to study more, Pro scene off-season) or if SC2 really has had a permanent drop in active players. It's definitely a massive drop from season 4 and a little scary.
You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a f&%*ing challenge - Scroobius Pip
ceaRshaf
Profile Joined August 2009
Romania4926 Posts
February 13 2012 17:42 GMT
#258
I can tell that people don't play ladder (in general, not only 1v1) because the loading time of finding a player is getting increased a lot.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
QuothTheRaven
Profile Joined December 2008
United States5524 Posts
February 13 2012 17:43 GMT
#259
Personally, I quit after season 2 because of the ladder map pool. From what I hear it's much improved since then, but it's too late now: I've already stopped playing the game and I'm not particularly interested in investing the time to re-learn the game (plus I don't have any friends who still play).
. . . nevermore
Smackzilla
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States539 Posts
February 13 2012 17:45 GMT
#260
On February 14 2012 02:37 Gargara wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 02:32 mell0w wrote:
The game needs an unofficial find match button where ladder stats arent recorded and race specific vs option to practice mu builds. Those options alone would increase 1v1 gameplay.


To be honest I miss the losses from my stats. And I think the MMR has to go. Why do we have this phony points and leagues that is just the shadow of what the real measurement is? Just make it like, if you are in the first 25 in the group you advance, and if you are in the lower 25 you are demoted, at the end of the season or something. It's redundant to have the 100 man divisions when they dont' matter much.


For Plat and lower, which is what really determines the player population, I don't think those issues matter. Divisions are actually a good idea. People want that little gold star for their milestone. There need to be more little carrots like that which pertain to laddering and they need to be more visible during the game loading screen.
You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a f&%*ing challenge - Scroobius Pip
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 156
Vindicta 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10032
Rain 908
Artosis 569
Bale 15
League of Legends
Doublelift4247
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox577
Mew2King512
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1152
Other Games
summit1g11227
shahzam590
Day[9].tv567
JimRising 557
PiGStarcraft196
C9.Mang0147
ArmadaUGS85
NeuroSwarm64
ViBE58
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 70
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 35
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie760
• Day9tv567
• Scarra524
• Shiphtur189
Upcoming Events
OSC
3m
CranKy Ducklings7
Stellar Fest
13h 3m
OSC
22h 3m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.