• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:32
CEST 03:32
KST 10:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7596 users

StarCraft Mass Recall: SC1 campaigns on SC2 thread - Page 39

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 86 Next
Telenil
Profile Joined September 2010
France484 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-16 13:29:11
March 15 2014 08:15 GMT
#761
On March 13 2014 19:04 MNV12 wrote:
Is there any plans to have some sort of cinematic reminders or links in the new update?
Yes, as an option selectable from the main menu.
On March 14 2014 07:33 Allzermalmende wrote:
So, I tried to work on a 2-player co-op version of WoL while I await Mass Recall 2.0 but no matter what I do, I can't seem to make Cows or Dogs playable (or even selectable for that matter) and can't get the Civilians to use their Molotov Cocktails in combat. Has anyone run into similar issues or know what might be going on there? I wanted to allow the second player to scout ahead as the dog and then get rebels as the level goes on.
I'm not much into that sort of things, but I think there is a "(un)selectable" box in Unit Flags. You can check in the data editor and see if it's there.
If all else fails, duplicate a critter and give it the same Actor as the dog.

If anyone is interested in beta testing (or late-alpha-testing) one of the episodes, you can PM me. With the massive amount of changes we did these last few weeks, it's probably safer to have someone make a playthrough. We won't delay the release for this, but it may spot a few bugs we would otherwise have to hotfix after release. Write me about any bug you find, obviously.
Mass Recall: Brood War campaigns on SC2: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=303166
Blazethesage
Profile Joined June 2012
108 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-23 18:56:06
March 23 2014 18:54 GMT
#762
With any luck, this update may be just days away! Can't wait! I'm eager to see just how in-depth you guys have gone with adding new assets; seeing the Dropship, Control Tower and Machine Shops, and Raynor in his Vulture makes me wonder what else you guys might have thrown in...

I remember someone teasing that you guys might even have used the custom de-infested Stukov portrait and unit model, which I think would be incredible! Especially if you're going to be including Resurrection IV, now that I think about it.
varsovie
Profile Joined December 2013
Canada326 Posts
March 23 2014 19:21 GMT
#763
Don't be silly, Stukov was born infested.
Blazethesage
Profile Joined June 2012
108 Posts
March 23 2014 23:03 GMT
#764
Actually, now that I think about it, I do have a couple of mechanical questions:

Were you guys able to replicate the high ground mechanics of SC1, or will those remain as-is with the update? I don't know just how much the editor lets you screw with the game when it comes to that type of thing.

By high ground mechanics, I mean the type of thing where units shooting from high ground would be not only revealed, but attackable by lower-level units without another form of sight up there, but with a chance to miss the target, and do no damage. (incidentally, Siege Tanks in Siege Mode could still deal splash damage with their misses)
MNV12
Profile Joined March 2014
16 Posts
March 24 2014 00:05 GMT
#765
On March 24 2014 08:03 Blazethesage wrote:
Actually, now that I think about it, I do have a couple of mechanical questions:

Were you guys able to replicate the high ground mechanics of SC1, or will those remain as-is with the update? I don't know just how much the editor lets you screw with the game when it comes to that type of thing.

By high ground mechanics, I mean the type of thing where units shooting from high ground would be not only revealed, but attackable by lower-level units without another form of sight up there, but with a chance to miss the target, and do no damage. (incidentally, Siege Tanks in Siege Mode could still deal splash damage with their misses)


I tested one of the episodes, and I recall being able to attack high ground units after they shot first.

I may be wrong, but I could swear thats what happpened.
Telenil
Profile Joined September 2010
France484 Posts
March 24 2014 11:00 GMT
#766
On March 24 2014 03:54 Blazethesage wrote:
With any luck, this update may be just days away!
It is =) We might need the next week-end to wrap it up, but the scale is in days, not weeks.

On March 24 2014 09:05 MNV12 wrote:
I tested one of the episodes, and I recall being able to attack high ground units after they shot first.
Correct, I think the miss chance is there too.
Here is a thumb rule with the editor: when you wonder whether something is possible, the answer is probably yes. It may require hard coding as opposed to "regular" mapmaking, but remember that this editor made SCU Chronicles of Fate.
Mass Recall: Brood War campaigns on SC2: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=303166
Blazethesage
Profile Joined June 2012
108 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-25 02:30:03
March 25 2014 02:17 GMT
#767
Completely random minor comment.

Is it just me, or do Duran's forces in the first mission of Episode 5 (before you gain control of them) use the Worgen decal received after getting the collector's edition of WoW: Cataclysm?

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Jones313
Profile Joined April 2011
Finland173 Posts
March 25 2014 18:37 GMT
#768
On March 25 2014 11:17 Blazethesage wrote:
Completely random minor comment.

Is it just me, or do Duran's forces in the first mission of Episode 5 (before you gain control of them) use the Worgen decal received after getting the collector's edition of WoW: Cataclysm?

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Uh, of course - Duran is very much into World of Warcraft. He plays a Worgen Druid and enjoys backstabbing people. I don't know - if the decal is available to everyone in the editor, I guess it's possible.

I do know that Duran's troops will have Confederate decals, and you'll also be able to train more of them at Duran's barracks.
Blazethesage
Profile Joined June 2012
108 Posts
March 26 2014 00:02 GMT
#769
Ok, now THAT'S cool, training troops out of his barracks will spawn them with HIS decal, not yours? Very nifty.

But yeah, I just thought that little detail was amusing.
Telenil
Profile Joined September 2010
France484 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-28 21:54:58
March 28 2014 21:54 GMT
#770
Release date for the new version of Mass Recall is Sunday, March 30th. Thanks to MNV12, thetiger39, Spiritarcher, varsovie and Sulaco for helping with the testing.
The English version will come first, and translations will be uploaded as they are done. I have confirmation that the German, Russian and Korean translators will return for the task, with Italian probable. Anyone willing to translate in an other language (including French), PM me.
The English version will also have an alternative mod that reverts all sounds to their Brood War counterpart, and I will also publish a mod with Grid hotkeys that will be compatible with all languages.

I hope you will enjoy the improvements, thank you again for your patience and overwhelming support!
Mass Recall: Brood War campaigns on SC2: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=303166
storycraft
Profile Joined May 2013
3 Posts
March 29 2014 06:38 GMT
#771
I’m looking forward to release
ShinDNA
Profile Joined May 2013
Portugal19 Posts
March 30 2014 17:28 GMT
#772
Just want to thank you all for your amazing and hard work in this remake. I look forward to download and play it in (hopefully) a few hours.

Your dedication brings me joy and a cool new way to enjoy the series I love so much. Once again thank you very much!
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-30 21:55:55
March 30 2014 19:01 GMT
#773
To celebrate HOTS-edition launch, I made experimental banner/picture/cover for your thread. It's experimental because not pretends to be your main cover or cover at all, especially because not everyone can like "Kerrigan-hybrid" with old Kerrigan with new face

HOTS Style
[image loading]

BROODWAR style
[image loading]

Original cover

[image loading]

DinosaurJones
Profile Joined February 2012
United States1000 Posts
March 30 2014 19:05 GMT
#774
I AM SO EXCITED :D
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
March 30 2014 19:48 GMT
#775
Existor that's helluva cover!
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
Telenil
Profile Joined September 2010
France484 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-30 20:49:48
March 30 2014 20:35 GMT
#776
Wow! That's an awesome idea. I like the fact that the original Brood War cover also featured infested Kerrian, and that the drawing adds some pictures around it, just like we took Brood War and added cutscenes and stronger waves.

Could you perhaps reduce the purple effect? Between Kerrigan and the background, I feel it sort of reduces the contrast.

Jones is currently uploading the maps, we tried to put the 6 campaigns as a single download, but the size (~500Mo) appears to be too much for sc2mapster. We are going to split the maps campaign by campaign, hopefully it will all be up in a couple of hours.

The installation guide should come tomorrow, the main change is that you have to put each campaign in a "Starcraft Mass Recall" folder, as opposed to directly in /Maps.
Mass Recall: Brood War campaigns on SC2: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=303166
DinosaurJones
Profile Joined February 2012
United States1000 Posts
March 30 2014 21:00 GMT
#777
Well, I may not get to it tonight, but I know what I'm doing all day tomorrow...
SHAZAM73
Profile Joined March 2014
United States1 Post
March 30 2014 21:19 GMT
#778
I have been checking this compulsively for like the last 2 months. I'm so excited for this baby to drop. Thank you so much for all the work you guys have put in I'm sure this thing is gonna be badass.
SHAZAM
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
March 30 2014 21:25 GMT
#779
I've updated the cover/banner/picture in previous post Reworked colors a bit
varsovie
Profile Joined December 2013
Canada326 Posts
March 30 2014 21:25 GMT
#780
On March 31 2014 04:01 Existor wrote:especially because not everyone can like "Kerrigan-hybrid" with old Kerrigan with new face


Hybrid fit this mod very well. Awesome drawing BTW, you've got talent and now I'm even more excited for the Toss expansion. :D

I find it a little purple so I''ve made a slight hue change to get the face more broodwar-ish, see if it "looks" better.

[image loading]
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings65
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 147
RuFF_SC2 104
ProTech59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15722
Rain 2258
Artosis 570
NaDa 16
Bale 15
League of Legends
Doublelift3503
Counter-Strike
taco 388
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox600
Mew2King105
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor972
Other Games
summit1g8555
Day[9].tv691
JimRising 558
PiGStarcraft316
C9.Mang0261
ViBE49
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV228
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream102
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 156
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP62
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv691
• Scarra560
• Shiphtur200
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 29m
OSC
20h 29m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.