• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:12
CEST 16:12
KST 23:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War125.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9141 users

Liquid`HerO Illusion Art - Page 95

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 93 94 95 96 97 145 Next
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
December 12 2011 21:39 GMT
#1881
On December 13 2011 06:23 chaynesore wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 06:15 TheDougler wrote:
On December 13 2011 06:06 caradoc wrote:
On December 13 2011 06:03 chaynesore wrote:
On December 13 2011 06:00 Ariovist wrote:
we need more graphs...

Ask and ye shall receive..

[image loading]

I expanded the x axis to show how much time is left.
I find it curious how both votes rates of increase stay in proportion with each other...

EDIT: What I want to see now that I'm tracking, is another giant surge from us, to see if it surges for Jennifer at the same time.. If we can do that. We have solid proof guys. We need day9 or something.



Lol---- absolutely ridiculous, this is so obviously a bot


Can someone extrapolate the first graph to project the numbers at 5:00 please?

(Probably the most bizzare thing I've ever asked, but figured I'd put it out there.)

[image loading]

And as somebody else stated, we do have to take these graphs with a grain of salt. Nevertheless, I'll be recording this information anyway and keeping the information as raw as possible. If we're worried about repeatability, we could have a few other guys keep track as well.

Back to the graph though.. note it's still maintaining proportions. Also kind of funny how close they come together by the end. We should be worried I think....


Of course the extrapolation assumes the bot won't just surge ahead in the last 30 minutes, which I predict it will.
Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
dinmsab
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Malaysia2246 Posts
December 12 2011 21:39 GMT
#1882
On December 13 2011 06:37 EnderCraft wrote:
She has only took 1% off of Glider in the past hour or so. I don't think she is going to close at the rate she's going. I predict a win for Glider, Art, Mankind, The universe and ESPORTS!


The margin is 3% I believe, and we have 3 hours left. So we would be pretty screwed if we're losing at 1% per hour.
..
EnderCraft
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1746 Posts
December 12 2011 21:40 GMT
#1883
On December 13 2011 06:38 urashimakt wrote:
I just got a text from my mum (a retired primary school teacher) asking if I could vote for "the teacher on youtube" if I have the time. I think I might know where some of these votes are coming from. And no, my mom isn't a bot.

I hope.

Ah, so some of these votes have to be coming from somewhere....
SC:BW has a higher skill ceiling than SC2? SC 64 is where it's at brah.
Glider
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States1353 Posts
December 12 2011 21:41 GMT
#1884
On December 13 2011 06:38 urashimakt wrote:
I just got a text from my mum (a retired primary school teacher) asking if I could vote for "the teacher on youtube" if I have the time. I think I might know where some of these votes are coming from. And no, my mom isn't a bot.

I hope.


this doesn't explain the above graph where her votes mirrors ours.
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
December 12 2011 21:41 GMT
#1885
***CAR 2 SPOILER: The good guy will be the bad guy at the end. Glider is the one who is cheating for JenniferESL just for the sake of pissing off sc2 nerds and create a shocking but stupid plot twist to this epic story
I hate all this singing
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 21:52:02
December 12 2011 21:43 GMT
#1886
edit: Sorry, since the system actually allows multiple voting, I assumed it's alright if we work on our own bot.

User was warned for this post
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
December 12 2011 21:43 GMT
#1887
On December 13 2011 06:41 brachester wrote:
***CAR 2 SPOILER: The good guy will be the bad guy at the end. Glider is the one who is cheating for JenniferESL just for the sake of pissing off sc2 nerds and create a shocking but stupid plot twist to this epic story


LOL Glider wrote the bot voting for JESL, and is using this to promote his channel in a massive, massive ESPORTS movement.


YOU DEVIOUS MAN, YOU!


Ps the portrait you drew me is still grade A awesome <3

You're a winner in my heart.

(d'awwww)
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
urashimakt
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1591 Posts
December 12 2011 21:44 GMT
#1888
On December 13 2011 06:41 Glider wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 06:38 urashimakt wrote:
I just got a text from my mum (a retired primary school teacher) asking if I could vote for "the teacher on youtube" if I have the time. I think I might know where some of these votes are coming from. And no, my mom isn't a bot.

I hope.


this doesn't explain the above graph where her votes mirrors ours.

I'm not gonna say there isn't a bot or cheating going on, because I don't know. But I do know from what basic understanding of statistics I have that graphs are graphs, not diabolical evidence of misdeeds. There is no reason at all to think that those two lines = bot proof unless that's what you're looking for when you take a peek at them.
Who dat ninja?
masterbreti
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)2711 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 21:44:48
December 12 2011 21:44 GMT
#1889
almost 13 k ahead. Lead has dwindled. idk what to do

of course I'm voting. But I want to do more. I feel so lonely.
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
December 12 2011 21:45 GMT
#1890
On December 13 2011 06:43 figq wrote:
How to make a bot with Firefox (votes once at about every 10 seconds):


Also as much as I love Glider and want him to win, I don't feel like we should absolutely resort to cheating the system to win ^^;;
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
Draconicfire
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2562 Posts
December 12 2011 21:45 GMT
#1891
On December 13 2011 06:43 Torenhire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 06:41 brachester wrote:
***CAR 2 SPOILER: The good guy will be the bad guy at the end. Glider is the one who is cheating for JenniferESL just for the sake of pissing off sc2 nerds and create a shocking but stupid plot twist to this epic story


LOL Glider wrote the bot voting for JESL, and is using this to promote his channel in a massive, massive ESPORTS movement.


YOU DEVIOUS MAN, YOU!


Ps the portrait you drew me is still grade A awesome <3

You're a winner in my heart.

(d'awwww)


Such a baller plan haha.
@Drayxs | Drayxs.221 | Drayxs#1802
Benjef
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom6921 Posts
December 12 2011 21:45 GMT
#1892
@ Figq remove that. We don't want to ascosiated with that kind of trash -.-
<3 | Dota 2 | DayZ | <3
Nerchio
Profile Joined October 2009
Poland2633 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 21:46:49
December 12 2011 21:45 GMT
#1893
I dont understand something about the graph though, considering it is a bot, how can it know the rate at which votes for Glider are coming? I mean, for sure it can do that after refreshing the page and seeing how many votes he got from the last 'wave' but then it would be delayed in time, and this graph shows that it changes almost exactly as our graph at the same time, is it really possible without having an access to the actual site(poll?).
Progamer"I am the best" - Nerchio , 2017.
Eduro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States88 Posts
December 12 2011 21:46 GMT
#1894
On December 13 2011 06:43 figq wrote:
How to make a bot with Firefox (votes once at about every 10 seconds):


Use another browser for Internet while this is going on. Don't switch to full screen SC2 though; that stops the macro.


And this is why one side can be seen as illegitimate at the other.
feanor1
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1899 Posts
December 12 2011 21:47 GMT
#1895
Only up by 12k now
Azerbaijan
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States660 Posts
December 12 2011 21:47 GMT
#1896
Even if we were going to bot the ESL bot seems to be working to match our gains and slowly overtake us. If we were botting we would still lose, the numbers would just be much, much higher
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 21:49:26
December 12 2011 21:47 GMT
#1897
On December 13 2011 06:45 Benjef wrote:
@ Figq remove that. We don't want to ascosiated with that kind of trash -.-
It's legit to vote multiple times, the poll allows it. There are many Internet polls that promote multiple voting.
edit: I got my first warning on TL for that though. So I guess you are right. *shrug*
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 21:55:26
December 12 2011 21:48 GMT
#1898
On December 13 2011 06:33 Cascade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 06:17 caradoc wrote:
On December 13 2011 06:14 Cascade wrote:
On December 13 2011 06:09 chaynesore wrote:
On December 13 2011 06:07 pPingu wrote:
On December 13 2011 06:03 chaynesore wrote:
On December 13 2011 06:00 Ariovist wrote:
we need more graphs...

Ask and ye shall receive..

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I expanded the x axis to show how much time is left.
I find it curious how both votes rates of increase stay in proportion with each other...

EDIT: What I want to see now that I'm tracking, is another giant surge from us, to see if it surges for Jennifer at the same time.. If we can do that. We have solid proof guys. We need day9 or something.


Is it possible for you to provide a 3 days graph or something?

It would be really interesting

It would be, but no. I'm just doing this manually by refreshing every 5 mins while watching movies.. Maybe youtube has those stats...

I'll keep doing this until the comp is over though


Yes, and because of this method, we should be a bit careful before we use this as evidence for bot. Imagine if your reading is a bit early or late, due to caching, you being caught up in movie, youtube page not updating votes perfectly live or something. Then you will see correlated shapes like this. If you accidentally get a too short time interval, both increments will be low, if you accidentally take a too large time, both will be high.

just saying, don't be too hot on the trigger from this graph, as the information goes through a lot of steps, and any flaw will give this signal.


Not technically true--- notice how the lines never cross-- you would predict that they would very likely cross if there was no botting. You would also predict the existence of cases where portrait art inc/5min would increase while esl inc/5min would decrease, again, doesn't happen. What you would NOT predict if this was two organic processes is a tight correlation at 5 minute intervals, which you see here.

The spiky nature of the graph is (partially) related to intervals, but that's all.


umm, what are you talking about? >_> Why would crossing always happen without bots, and never happen with bot? With random (non-bot) influx of votes, the statistical errors would be small at this scale, and large time-errors would dominate and give this kind of behavior as you see. But this kind of arguments are wasted on TL I'm starting to realise, so nm me.

keep voting guys!!


It's not that crossing would always happen without a bot, just that it would be statistically speaking, extremely likely since the total number of votes is on the same order of magnitude, and our sampling granularity is fairly fine. Since we are assuming an organic process it implies a more or less random distribution of votes at any particular point in time.

I know what you're trying to say though, and you have a point-- but think about it this way-- the number of vote increase per interval varies by as much as 50% of the average. In order for large time-errors to dominate, we would expect that the interval would need to be off by a correspondingly large amount to account completely for the similarity.

I don't like your self-superior attitude either, its not necessary since we're both trying to figure the same thing out. You don't need to be 100% definitevely correct all the time, its not that important, and you don't need to worry so much about saving face-- its a collaborative discussion. (except for maybe now that I'm calling you on it, which I wouldn't be if you hadn't made the snide 'my thoughts are a waste on the rabble of TL comment' in the first place, but whatever.)


Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
tsuxiit
Profile Joined July 2010
1305 Posts
December 12 2011 21:48 GMT
#1899
Some serious weird shit is going on with Jennifer's vote totals. There's no community supporting her.
ngri
Profile Joined October 2010
Luxembourg136 Posts
December 12 2011 21:48 GMT
#1900
On December 13 2011 06:45 Nerchio wrote:
I dont understand something about the graph though, considering it is a bot, how can it know the rate at which votes for Glider are coming? I mean, for sure it can do that after refreshing the page and seeing how many votes he got from the last 'wave' but then it would be delayed in time, and this graph shows that it changes almost exactly as our graph at the same time, is it really possible without having an access to the actual site(poll?).


There is the total amount of votes data always available, i think it will just slightly put in more votes than its increase/set time.
Prev 1 93 94 95 96 97 145 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 363
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37539
Calm 5853
Bisu 2463
Rain 1617
Jaedong 1021
Horang2 690
BeSt 561
FanTaSy 499
Soma 423
Rush 386
[ Show more ]
Larva 318
Light 289
Stork 275
Snow 191
ZerO 180
Zeus 178
Mind 146
910 106
Barracks 100
Free 98
Killer 95
Sea.KH 58
Mong 51
Shinee 48
Hyun 46
ToSsGirL 41
sorry 36
Pusan 26
Aegong 24
Hm[arnc] 16
Rock 14
Terrorterran 14
Sexy 13
Sacsri 11
Noble 10
Trap 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6576
XaKoH 416
Counter-Strike
fl0m2846
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes275
Other Games
gofns34629
singsing2296
B2W.Neo1029
olofmeister830
hiko402
Lowko339
Mlord302
Hui .177
Livibee155
DeMusliM154
djWHEAT104
RotterdaM101
Mew2King67
QueenE54
Trikslyr51
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3712
• Jankos2440
• TFBlade594
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 48m
Big Brain Bouts
19h 48m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.