• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:07
CEST 06:07
KST 13:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9394 users

[Nov] TLPD Race Winrate Graphs - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
798 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 40 Next All
Iatrik
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany159 Posts
December 05 2011 13:48 GMT
#121
On December 05 2011 22:43 Jono7272 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 22:41 Iatrik wrote:
On December 05 2011 21:00 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On December 05 2011 20:38 Plansix wrote:
On December 05 2011 20:33 k10forgotten wrote:
On December 05 2011 19:52 fraktoasters wrote:
Well PvT changed pretty dramatically. I'm just glad the protoss whining has calmed down a lot because it was at a pretty ridiculous level at one point.

I hope you don't mind the Terran whining that's already started.


Oh it has begun. There are some amazing threads about "SC2 is like.....hard now". Now that they have to aim their EMPs and can no longer stick on MMMGV for the entire game, we might see them not fly their factory around as much.

....
People calling terran easy are honestly all retarded. If you dont want us to stay on MMMGV how about you suggest a single T3 unit that doesnt get countered by feedback? Oh you cant? Ok, then STFU.

Terran is a hard race.

Anyway, I think TvP looks pretty OK at the moment... It's even a little bit varied.


Never thought of using EMP on your own units?
Or waste your energy otherwise?

BCs or Thors that can't be feedback, are very hard to handle as protoss.
Add some SCVs in the mix and your army is almost unstopable.

I mean. Seriously. I thought pro-gamers know the game and it's shortcuts a little bit better :/


Impractical work arounds.


1 EMP at your own BCs? Impractical work around? Seriously? :>
Like you don't use EMPs against Protoss anyway =)
Feed me more
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
December 05 2011 13:50 GMT
#122
On December 05 2011 22:43 Jono7272 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 22:41 Iatrik wrote:
On December 05 2011 21:00 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On December 05 2011 20:38 Plansix wrote:
On December 05 2011 20:33 k10forgotten wrote:
On December 05 2011 19:52 fraktoasters wrote:
Well PvT changed pretty dramatically. I'm just glad the protoss whining has calmed down a lot because it was at a pretty ridiculous level at one point.

I hope you don't mind the Terran whining that's already started.


Oh it has begun. There are some amazing threads about "SC2 is like.....hard now". Now that they have to aim their EMPs and can no longer stick on MMMGV for the entire game, we might see them not fly their factory around as much.

....
People calling terran easy are honestly all retarded. If you dont want us to stay on MMMGV how about you suggest a single T3 unit that doesnt get countered by feedback? Oh you cant? Ok, then STFU.

Terran is a hard race.

Anyway, I think TvP looks pretty OK at the moment... It's even a little bit varied.


Never thought of using EMP on your own units?
Or waste your energy otherwise?

BCs or Thors that can't be feedback, are very hard to handle as protoss.
Add some SCVs in the mix and your army is almost unstopable.

I mean. Seriously. I thought pro-gamers know the game and it's shortcuts a little bit better :/


Impractical work arounds.

I kinda agree EMPing your units is so unused at the moment I'm sure that will change in the future as we pick apart this game to pieces
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
shinarit
Profile Joined May 2010
Hungary900 Posts
December 05 2011 13:53 GMT
#123
On December 05 2011 22:48 Iatrik wrote:
1 EMP at your own BCs? Impractical work around? Seriously? :>
Like you don't use EMPs against Protoss anyway =)


BCs are big. You would have to clump them up and EMP at the right time. Yeah, its impractical.
T for BoxeR, Z for IdrA, P because i have no self-respect
secretary bird
Profile Joined September 2011
447 Posts
December 05 2011 13:55 GMT
#124
Thors and BCs dont have splash damage, are slow and basically suck bawls anyway in the lategame.
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
December 05 2011 13:59 GMT
#125
On December 05 2011 22:47 Snowbear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 22:31 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On December 05 2011 22:18 thezanursic wrote:
On December 05 2011 22:15 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On December 05 2011 19:48 Spaceneil8 wrote:
Lowest overall Terran win rate ever. Tbh, this leaves me with a little smile on my face.



Yeah. First time they're (baaaaarely) under 50% hahahaha.

Protoss actually balancing out a bit? Finally *-*

Now, if we can only hope that results level off at the 50% mark and don't continue to swap percentages!

It's also too bad that some people consider one race to have a bit of an advantage in one stage of the game, and another race to be stronger in a different stage.

I don't get why people look at the OVERALL stats. Look at the specific MUs would the game be balanced if it were TvP 20% win rate and TvZ 80% the win rate would still be 50%. Theoreticly if the TvP winrate drops lower it's gonna be a problem, but if the TvZ rises higher TL will just ignore the problem due to one balancing the other out instead of fixing both.


I did look at all the graphs, but the difference there didn't surprise me... Terrans aren't able to *just* use two ghosts and win anymore, because of the patch. Terrans are going to need to learn to incorporate a few extra ghosts in their armies, which completely counters the new patch, and then you can go ahead and enjoy the old months' win percentages where you used to stomp us (or, at least, balance out the win percentage at 50-50). It's okay, really it is. TvP is in slight fluctuation because of that patch. There's not nearly enough (multiple) ghost play, despite the fact that it completely shuts down Protoss, and Terran isn't nearly as gas-heavy as the other races, so it's certainly viable.


Even before the patch with 10 ghosts, lategame was hard as hell. Terrans can make 20 ghosts now, and lategame will still be insane.

I know several grandmaster tosses who give me 1 advice: allin me or win before the 15 minute mark, because you will die, unless I fuck up. Some even dare to say that they ALWAYS win in a macrogame vs terran, unless they make a big mistake.

Then I respond with "I don't like to allin" and "I want to play nice long macro games". Then I ask if there is not a way for me to fight them lategame. Their answer is: no, really not, I'm sorry.

I'm still looking for a protoss that can tell me what to build lategame. I tried pure marauder + 10+ ghosts + medivacs and vikings. I tried to mix in marines. I tried to mix in thors. I tried to mix in hellions. I tried to mix in tanks. Every time I fail very hard.

I'm not saying that TvP is imbalanced. I'm just wondering what a sollution can be. I hoped to find one in the MLG Providence replays, but I didn't.

Don't go down the 1/1/1 route please. We are better.
First that's not true. Can I point out that Hero and Puma are 4:3 and 2:4. Soo yeah what you are saying isn't true. I agree that the lesser players didn't adjust yet, but just looking at Puma you can see it will stabilize in a month and can I point out that ones of the Pumas losses was an 1/1/1 :D
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
ceaRshaf
Profile Joined August 2009
Romania4926 Posts
December 05 2011 14:00 GMT
#126
Terrans talk about the HT like it's their nemesis. In theory it may be but when we look at pro games we see that very few templar actually get to storm/ feedback in a game.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Little-Chimp
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada951 Posts
December 05 2011 14:00 GMT
#127
Balance looks great this month, good to see Protoss finally fighting back. ZvT looks pretty close to balanced and PvZ is getting better as well.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46473 Posts
December 05 2011 14:02 GMT
#128
On December 05 2011 22:47 thezanursic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 22:41 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On December 05 2011 22:35 thezanursic wrote:
On December 05 2011 22:31 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On December 05 2011 22:18 thezanursic wrote:
On December 05 2011 22:15 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On December 05 2011 19:48 Spaceneil8 wrote:
Lowest overall Terran win rate ever. Tbh, this leaves me with a little smile on my face.



Yeah. First time they're (baaaaarely) under 50% hahahaha.

Protoss actually balancing out a bit? Finally *-*

Now, if we can only hope that results level off at the 50% mark and don't continue to swap percentages!

It's also too bad that some people consider one race to have a bit of an advantage in one stage of the game, and another race to be stronger in a different stage.

I don't get why people look at the OVERALL stats. Look at the specific MUs would the game be balanced if it were TvP 20% win rate and TvZ 80% the win rate would still be 50%. Theoreticly if the TvP winrate drops lower it's gonna be a problem, but if the TvZ rises higher TL will just ignore the problem due to one balancing the other out instead of fixing both.


I did look at all the graphs, but the difference there didn't surprise me... Terrans aren't able to *just* use two ghosts and win anymore, because of the patch. Terrans are going to need to learn to incorporate a few extra ghosts in their armies, which completely counters the new patch, and then you can go ahead and enjoy the old months' win percentages where you used to stomp us (or, at least, balance out the win percentage at 50-50). It's okay, really it is. TvP is in fluctation because of that patch. There's not nearly enough ghost play, despite the fact that it completely shuts down Protoss, and Terran isn't nearly as gas-heavy as the other races, so it's viable.

I agree. It's one of the I've played better and lost situation. Soo many times I miss an EMP and just die where Toss doesn't seem to have that problem late game, but I guess that counter acts the early game where an early ghost EMP just destroys the protoss if he doesn't split.


Well to be fair, I'm pretty sure Protosses have straight up died to investing in high templar tech and missing their storms in the same way you mention missing EMPs with your ghosts.

If you invest in tech and it doesn't pay off (especially with spellcasters), then you're already behind. In PvT, one army usually smashes the other, and so the battle will look even more one-sided if you have a smaller army and "useless" spellcasters (because they got picked off or you missed with their spells).


I agree and first I'm going to talk about the middle tier leagues not the pros. TvP is hard due to Terran having to react what Protoss does I mean you gotta get vikings for colossus or you are dead you gotta get ghosts for storm. Soo the terran is always playing the reaction game late game when Protoss does that early game.
The thing is that Terran is really strong early game and Protoss is really strong late game, but due to all the experience the good Protoss have gathered early pushes aren't a problem to deal with and that's why the win rates shifted.


You're referring to the late game Protoss tech-switch as far as Terran being reactionary goes, right? I agree with you, and that does put Terran in a tough spot late game. I think the best solution to that is to find a way to keep tabs on the colossi and templar count (scans?), and do your best to keep your viking and ghost count at the appropriate numbers. Obviously, it's easier said than done, but every race has to constantly be scouting and have proper unit compositions, and the fact that Protoss can no longer have instant-storms with warp-in (they need a decent amount of time to get enough energy) gives Terran a small window of opportunity, and ghosts are always a good unit to have on the field anyway (meaning that your viking count is probably the most important to "worry" about, so keep a closer eye on the number of colossi and match appropriately).
Note that in the early game, Protoss has to react to whatever the Terran does. Terran is the one who can wall off, forcing Protoss to get a quick observer (and yet have enough gateway units out to stop a fast push, *just in case*). There's the possibility of cloaked banshees and blue flame hellion drops as well,.
Also, throughout the mid and late game, keep in mind that Terran is far more mobile (Terran generally doesn't go mech, and Protoss hardly ever goes air), which also makes drop harrass far more effective for Terran and less effective for Protoss (although warp prisms definitely can be useful- don't get me wrong- just generally not as useful as medivac drops). Constant drop harrass and multi-pronged attacks often spread the Protoss army very thin, and the fact that the medivac heals your units often means that Protoss has to overcompensate with the number of units they bring back to clean up quickly.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-05 14:13:12
December 05 2011 14:07 GMT
#129
On December 05 2011 23:02 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 22:47 thezanursic wrote:
On December 05 2011 22:41 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On December 05 2011 22:35 thezanursic wrote:
On December 05 2011 22:31 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On December 05 2011 22:18 thezanursic wrote:
On December 05 2011 22:15 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On December 05 2011 19:48 Spaceneil8 wrote:
Lowest overall Terran win rate ever. Tbh, this leaves me with a little smile on my face.



Yeah. First time they're (baaaaarely) under 50% hahahaha.

Protoss actually balancing out a bit? Finally *-*

Now, if we can only hope that results level off at the 50% mark and don't continue to swap percentages!

It's also too bad that some people consider one race to have a bit of an advantage in one stage of the game, and another race to be stronger in a different stage.

I don't get why people look at the OVERALL stats. Look at the specific MUs would the game be balanced if it were TvP 20% win rate and TvZ 80% the win rate would still be 50%. Theoreticly if the TvP winrate drops lower it's gonna be a problem, but if the TvZ rises higher TL will just ignore the problem due to one balancing the other out instead of fixing both.


I did look at all the graphs, but the difference there didn't surprise me... Terrans aren't able to *just* use two ghosts and win anymore, because of the patch. Terrans are going to need to learn to incorporate a few extra ghosts in their armies, which completely counters the new patch, and then you can go ahead and enjoy the old months' win percentages where you used to stomp us (or, at least, balance out the win percentage at 50-50). It's okay, really it is. TvP is in fluctation because of that patch. There's not nearly enough ghost play, despite the fact that it completely shuts down Protoss, and Terran isn't nearly as gas-heavy as the other races, so it's viable.

I agree. It's one of the I've played better and lost situation. Soo many times I miss an EMP and just die where Toss doesn't seem to have that problem late game, but I guess that counter acts the early game where an early ghost EMP just destroys the protoss if he doesn't split.


Well to be fair, I'm pretty sure Protosses have straight up died to investing in high templar tech and missing their storms in the same way you mention missing EMPs with your ghosts.

If you invest in tech and it doesn't pay off (especially with spellcasters), then you're already behind. In PvT, one army usually smashes the other, and so the battle will look even more one-sided if you have a smaller army and "useless" spellcasters (because they got picked off or you missed with their spells).


I agree and first I'm going to talk about the middle tier leagues not the pros. TvP is hard due to Terran having to react what Protoss does I mean you gotta get vikings for colossus or you are dead you gotta get ghosts for storm. Soo the terran is always playing the reaction game late game when Protoss does that early game.
The thing is that Terran is really strong early game and Protoss is really strong late game, but due to all the experience the good Protoss have gathered early pushes aren't a problem to deal with and that's why the win rates shifted.


You're referring to the late game Protoss tech-switch as far as Terran being reactionary goes, right? I agree with you, and that does put Terran in a tough spot late game. I think the best solution to that is to find a way to keep tabs on the colossi and templar count (scans?), and do your best to keep your viking and ghost count at the appropriate numbers. Obviously, it's easier said than done, but every race has to constantly be scouting and have proper unit compositions, and the fact that Protoss can no longer have instant-storms with warp-in (they need a decent amount of time to get enough energy) gives Terran a small window of opportunity, and ghosts are always a good unit to have on the field anyway (meaning that your viking count is probably the most important to "worry" about, so keep a closer eye on the number of colossi and match appropriately).
Note that in the early game, Protoss has to react to whatever the Terran does. Terran is the one who can wall off, forcing Protoss to get a quick observer (and yet have enough gateway units out to stop a fast push, *just in case*). There's the possibility of cloaked banshees and blue flame hellion drops as well,.
Also, throughout the mid and late game, keep in mind that Terran is far more mobile (Terran generally doesn't go mech, and Protoss hardly ever goes air), which also makes drop harrass far more effective for Terran and less effective for Protoss (although warp prisms definitely can be useful- don't get me wrong- just generally not as useful as medivac drops). Constant drop harrass and multi-pronged attacks often spread the Protoss army very thin, and the fact that the medivac heals your units often means that Protoss has to overcompensate with the number of units they bring back to clean up quickly.

Yeah I agree 100% and this is the one and the only reason why Plat/Diamond toss just kill Terran. I mean late game your hands are already tied macroing and it's hard to scout it's easier to scout early game obviously for pros scouting late game isn't as hard so this isn't a problem and it's also easier to sit at your base rather than drop, but if you capitalize on the fact you can drop/warp in late game you can get huge advantages and that's what sets apart masters and diamond in my opinion. Protoss has the same scouting problem early game, but it doesn't tie them down to APM it ties them down to doing what they don't want to (get a robo) however good you are you can't just scout unlike Terran and I believe this is also an issue for Protoss well it's an issue that has to be there if it wasn't that would mean Protoss would have an advantage early game and that would be very bad for the mu.
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46473 Posts
December 05 2011 14:08 GMT
#130
On December 05 2011 22:47 Snowbear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 22:31 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On December 05 2011 22:18 thezanursic wrote:
On December 05 2011 22:15 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On December 05 2011 19:48 Spaceneil8 wrote:
Lowest overall Terran win rate ever. Tbh, this leaves me with a little smile on my face.



Yeah. First time they're (baaaaarely) under 50% hahahaha.

Protoss actually balancing out a bit? Finally *-*

Now, if we can only hope that results level off at the 50% mark and don't continue to swap percentages!

It's also too bad that some people consider one race to have a bit of an advantage in one stage of the game, and another race to be stronger in a different stage.

I don't get why people look at the OVERALL stats. Look at the specific MUs would the game be balanced if it were TvP 20% win rate and TvZ 80% the win rate would still be 50%. Theoreticly if the TvP winrate drops lower it's gonna be a problem, but if the TvZ rises higher TL will just ignore the problem due to one balancing the other out instead of fixing both.


I did look at all the graphs, but the difference there didn't surprise me... Terrans aren't able to *just* use two ghosts and win anymore, because of the patch. Terrans are going to need to learn to incorporate a few extra ghosts in their armies, which completely counters the new patch, and then you can go ahead and enjoy the old months' win percentages where you used to stomp us (or, at least, balance out the win percentage at 50-50). It's okay, really it is. TvP is in slight fluctuation because of that patch. There's not nearly enough (multiple) ghost play, despite the fact that it completely shuts down Protoss, and Terran isn't nearly as gas-heavy as the other races, so it's certainly viable.


Even before the patch with 10 ghosts, lategame was hard as hell. Terrans can make 20 ghosts now, and lategame will still be insane.

I know several grandmaster tosses who give me 1 advice: allin me or win before the 15 minute mark, because you will die, unless I fuck up. Some even dare to say that they ALWAYS win in a macrogame vs terran, unless they make a big mistake.

Then I respond with "I don't like to allin" and "I want to play nice long macro games". Then I ask if there is not a way for me to fight them lategame. Their answer is: no, really not, I'm sorry.

I'm still looking for a protoss that can tell me what to build lategame. I tried pure marauder + 10+ ghosts + medivacs and vikings. I tried to mix in marines. I tried to mix in thors. I tried to mix in hellions. I tried to mix in tanks. Every time I fail very hard.

I'm not saying that TvP is imbalanced. I'm just wondering what a sollution can be. I hoped to find one in the MLG Providence replays, but I didn't.


I would suggest posting replays then, so we could help you analyze your problems. You may remember famous matches like Thorzain vs. MC in TSL3, the recent Puma vs. Hero matches of Dreamhack and NASL, and even Bomber's general TvP. Obviously, you dont have to go all-in in 10 minutes as Terran. I know, in particular, Bomber often likes to turtle with a fast third in-base OC for extra mules (which seems to be gaining popularity). You may need to think outside the box. Or it may just come down to poor positioning of units or you building the wrong composition against a particular build.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
bLah.
Profile Joined July 2009
Croatia497 Posts
December 05 2011 14:24 GMT
#131
EMPing big mech units with this radius )))))))))))) yea, it totally seems viable to spend like 600-300 on ghosts just to throw 3 emps on my own units, and then having 600-300 6supply ghosts worth nothing.
Ofc if we're talking about 3 emps, which are so not enough for mech army.

I'm not whining about balance here, I'm just begging you guys to stop being stupid.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46473 Posts
December 05 2011 14:29 GMT
#132
On December 05 2011 23:24 bLah. wrote:
EMPing big mech units with this radius )))))))))))) yea, it totally seems viable to spend like 600-300 on ghosts just to throw 3 emps on my own units, and then having 600-300 6supply ghosts worth nothing.
Ofc if we're talking about 3 emps, which are so not enough for mech army.

I'm not whining about balance here, I'm just begging you guys to stop being stupid.


Agreed. If you're going to make the ghosts, just use them to snipe/EMP the high templar and then EMP the rest of the Protoss army. Why would you waste it on your own army?
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
December 05 2011 14:29 GMT
#133
So pretty much balanced, I feel like TvP will balance itself out, keep in mind that this is the first time P has a higher winrate than T since the removal of the amulett.
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
December 05 2011 14:36 GMT
#134
On December 05 2011 23:29 Lorch wrote:
So pretty much balanced, I feel like TvP will balance itself out, keep in mind that this is the first time P has a higher winrate than T since the removal of the amulett.

Well imagine how high Protoss win rate would be right now if amulet wouldn't have been removed. Late game would literally be unplayable
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
December 05 2011 14:38 GMT
#135
On December 05 2011 23:08 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 22:47 Snowbear wrote:
On December 05 2011 22:31 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On December 05 2011 22:18 thezanursic wrote:
On December 05 2011 22:15 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On December 05 2011 19:48 Spaceneil8 wrote:
Lowest overall Terran win rate ever. Tbh, this leaves me with a little smile on my face.



Yeah. First time they're (baaaaarely) under 50% hahahaha.

Protoss actually balancing out a bit? Finally *-*

Now, if we can only hope that results level off at the 50% mark and don't continue to swap percentages!

It's also too bad that some people consider one race to have a bit of an advantage in one stage of the game, and another race to be stronger in a different stage.

I don't get why people look at the OVERALL stats. Look at the specific MUs would the game be balanced if it were TvP 20% win rate and TvZ 80% the win rate would still be 50%. Theoreticly if the TvP winrate drops lower it's gonna be a problem, but if the TvZ rises higher TL will just ignore the problem due to one balancing the other out instead of fixing both.


I did look at all the graphs, but the difference there didn't surprise me... Terrans aren't able to *just* use two ghosts and win anymore, because of the patch. Terrans are going to need to learn to incorporate a few extra ghosts in their armies, which completely counters the new patch, and then you can go ahead and enjoy the old months' win percentages where you used to stomp us (or, at least, balance out the win percentage at 50-50). It's okay, really it is. TvP is in slight fluctuation because of that patch. There's not nearly enough (multiple) ghost play, despite the fact that it completely shuts down Protoss, and Terran isn't nearly as gas-heavy as the other races, so it's certainly viable.


Even before the patch with 10 ghosts, lategame was hard as hell. Terrans can make 20 ghosts now, and lategame will still be insane.

I know several grandmaster tosses who give me 1 advice: allin me or win before the 15 minute mark, because you will die, unless I fuck up. Some even dare to say that they ALWAYS win in a macrogame vs terran, unless they make a big mistake.

Then I respond with "I don't like to allin" and "I want to play nice long macro games". Then I ask if there is not a way for me to fight them lategame. Their answer is: no, really not, I'm sorry.

I'm still looking for a protoss that can tell me what to build lategame. I tried pure marauder + 10+ ghosts + medivacs and vikings. I tried to mix in marines. I tried to mix in thors. I tried to mix in hellions. I tried to mix in tanks. Every time I fail very hard.

I'm not saying that TvP is imbalanced. I'm just wondering what a sollution can be. I hoped to find one in the MLG Providence replays, but I didn't.


I would suggest posting replays then, so we could help you analyze your problems. You may remember famous matches like Thorzain vs. MC in TSL3, the recent Puma vs. Hero matches of Dreamhack and NASL, and even Bomber's general TvP. Obviously, you dont have to go all-in in 10 minutes as Terran. I know, in particular, Bomber often likes to turtle with a fast third in-base OC for extra mules (which seems to be gaining popularity). You may need to think outside the box. Or it may just come down to poor positioning of units or you building the wrong composition against a particular build.

Well this might be gimcky, but maybe ghosts should take extra energy against mechanical
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
Snowbear
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)1925 Posts
December 05 2011 14:42 GMT
#136
On December 05 2011 22:59 thezanursic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 22:47 Snowbear wrote:
On December 05 2011 22:31 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On December 05 2011 22:18 thezanursic wrote:
On December 05 2011 22:15 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On December 05 2011 19:48 Spaceneil8 wrote:
Lowest overall Terran win rate ever. Tbh, this leaves me with a little smile on my face.



Yeah. First time they're (baaaaarely) under 50% hahahaha.

Protoss actually balancing out a bit? Finally *-*

Now, if we can only hope that results level off at the 50% mark and don't continue to swap percentages!

It's also too bad that some people consider one race to have a bit of an advantage in one stage of the game, and another race to be stronger in a different stage.

I don't get why people look at the OVERALL stats. Look at the specific MUs would the game be balanced if it were TvP 20% win rate and TvZ 80% the win rate would still be 50%. Theoreticly if the TvP winrate drops lower it's gonna be a problem, but if the TvZ rises higher TL will just ignore the problem due to one balancing the other out instead of fixing both.


I did look at all the graphs, but the difference there didn't surprise me... Terrans aren't able to *just* use two ghosts and win anymore, because of the patch. Terrans are going to need to learn to incorporate a few extra ghosts in their armies, which completely counters the new patch, and then you can go ahead and enjoy the old months' win percentages where you used to stomp us (or, at least, balance out the win percentage at 50-50). It's okay, really it is. TvP is in slight fluctuation because of that patch. There's not nearly enough (multiple) ghost play, despite the fact that it completely shuts down Protoss, and Terran isn't nearly as gas-heavy as the other races, so it's certainly viable.


Even before the patch with 10 ghosts, lategame was hard as hell. Terrans can make 20 ghosts now, and lategame will still be insane.

I know several grandmaster tosses who give me 1 advice: allin me or win before the 15 minute mark, because you will die, unless I fuck up. Some even dare to say that they ALWAYS win in a macrogame vs terran, unless they make a big mistake.

Then I respond with "I don't like to allin" and "I want to play nice long macro games". Then I ask if there is not a way for me to fight them lategame. Their answer is: no, really not, I'm sorry.

I'm still looking for a protoss that can tell me what to build lategame. I tried pure marauder + 10+ ghosts + medivacs and vikings. I tried to mix in marines. I tried to mix in thors. I tried to mix in hellions. I tried to mix in tanks. Every time I fail very hard.

I'm not saying that TvP is imbalanced. I'm just wondering what a sollution can be. I hoped to find one in the MLG Providence replays, but I didn't.

Don't go down the 1/1/1 route please. We are better.
First that's not true. Can I point out that Hero and Puma are 4:3 and 2:4. Soo yeah what you are saying isn't true. I agree that the lesser players didn't adjust yet, but just looking at Puma you can see it will stabilize in a month and can I point out that ones of the Pumas losses was an 1/1/1 :D


The thing is that I learned nothing from the TvP providence replays. Hero vs Puma and MC vs MVP games: 2 macro games, the rest are 1 base and 2 base plays.
+ Show Spoiler +

Puma vs Hero:

1 base play:
Taldarim: Puma stayed on 1base for a long time, then expanded and attacked with tanks, rines and scv’s. Hero held the push and it was over for Puma.

Shattered temple: 1 base allin from Puma, Hero wins.

Dual Sight: Puma allins again, Puma wins.

Xel naga: Puma allins, Puma wins.

2 base play:
Metapolis: puma opens 3 naked rax on 1 base and sends 5 scv’s with his rine push. Then he takes a hidden expansion at the side of hero and an expansion in his nat. Hero kills puma.

Shakuras: Both Puma and Hero FE. Puma follows up with a failed 4gate. Puma kills Hero with a rine tank push.

Macro game:
Antiga Shipyard: puma finally goes for a macro game and goes 1rax FE. He seems to be in a GREAT shape, with great upgrades and nice macro. Hero destroys him late game.

IMMvp vs MC

1 base play:

Shattered Temple: Mvp goes for a 2 rax + port 1base play and loses.

Dual Sight: Mvp goes for a 1 base tank rine push and wins.

2 base play:

Taldarim: both players FE, MC goes for a 10 minute mark timing push and destroys Mvp.

Metapolis: Mvp goes for a FE into 2 reactor rax + fact marine tank push. Mvp wins.

Shakuras: both players FE, Mvp holds a 2base colossus timingpush from MC. Mvp wins.

Macro game:

Antiga Shipyard: finally a macro game, MVP wins.
canikizu
Profile Joined September 2010
4860 Posts
December 05 2011 14:46 GMT
#137
Wow at people suggesting to emp mech own units. So we should EMP raven, banshees, and PDD to not let it got feedbacked? People make it like mech energy doesn't regen or something, or Terran is gonna have infinite amount of ghosts to EMP both army when he's going mech or something. And new flash, EMP actually only takes 100 energy of mech units, just like 100 or Protoss units, not 100% mech units.


Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-05 14:55:10
December 05 2011 14:50 GMT
#138
Protoss did well last month. I just hope this wasn't just one lucky month for Protoss. However, PvZ can look better than that.

Edit: It seems like Zergs never outperformed terrans in ZvT stats.
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
December 05 2011 14:52 GMT
#139
On December 05 2011 23:46 canikizu wrote:
Wow at people suggesting to emp mech own units. So we should EMP raven, banshees, and PDD to not let it got feedbacked? People make it like mech energy doesn't regen or something, or Terran is gonna have infinite amount of ghosts to EMP both army when he's going mech or something. And new flash, EMP actually only takes 100 energy of mech units, just like 100 or Protoss units, not 100% mech units.



EMP before an engagement and it's not worth to feedback them for a while and feedback isn't a problem on ravens if the terran is fast enough to place 2 PDDs before the feedback.
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
Asmodeusz
Profile Joined August 2011
193 Posts
December 05 2011 14:52 GMT
#140
Ok... just for the people that think about dry stats pulled from TLPD as of something even remotely connected to balance of the game.
It is not. Those stats say nothing about balance and 95% ppl can't understand it. Here's an example of why it's pretty much worthelss. Screenshot made today:

[image loading]

Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 40 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings115
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 251
NeuroSwarm 178
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 310
hero 65
sorry 20
Bale 13
Terrorterran 11
ZergMaN 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1050
League of Legends
JimRising 735
Counter-Strike
taco 435
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King204
Other Games
summit1g9336
Maynarde206
ArmadaUGS48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick462
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 149
• Berry_CruncH89
• practicex 26
• Letter144
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota261
League of Legends
• Lourlo1152
• Rush1070
• Stunt181
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 53m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 53m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 53m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.