• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:05
CEST 18:05
KST 01:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7711 users

New Hack? (Results Disagree) - Page 20

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All
Cheerio
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Ukraine3178 Posts
January 23 2012 13:03 GMT
#381
I have a feeling there is some kind of hack where u see a production tab on the screen like in replays. I had a granmaster last season on my team in 3v3 and he said what the other team was doing without any scouting on our part. And I watched rep he didnt move his camera around opponents bases or anything like that.
poundcakes
Profile Joined March 2011
Norway239 Posts
January 23 2012 13:14 GMT
#382
This might be a hack, might not. The people affected by it could possibly have a bug in their SC2 causing this to happen but it does seem more likely that a hack makes this occur. Either way it's bad that it even exists, why does Blizzard rely on the client to tell the results of a match again?
The cur foretells the knell of parting day; The loafing herd winds slowly o'er the lea; The wise man homeward plods; I only stay to fiddle-faddle in a minor key.
ODKStevez
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland1225 Posts
January 23 2012 14:26 GMT
#383
Yeah, this happens a lot to me too and oddly, the people it happens to always accuse ME of hacking. O_O
Luppa <3
BabyKnight
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark112 Posts
January 23 2012 16:53 GMT
#384
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/9139/unavngivetjy.png
It's definetly a hack, this guy "magz" 6pooled me, and when he lost, he just left. After the game I didn't get points and he didn't lose points. Afterwards I checked his match history and apparently the only games he hasn't won are games that says "result disagree"

Meaning he can get a shitton of points and ridiculous MMR
Thylacine
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden882 Posts
January 27 2012 21:18 GMT
#385
Zeltchon is a famous hacker and BM person anyway. Stay away from him.
What you're looking at could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn't. It's the beginning. Introducing Mr. John Valentine, air traveler. His destination: the Twilight Zone...
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
January 27 2012 21:25 GMT
#386
So is that his smurf or what? Blizz didn't fix this hack yet? =/
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Thylacine
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden882 Posts
January 28 2012 14:51 GMT
#387
So is that his smurf or what? Blizz didn't fix this hack yet? =/


I dont think they have fixed it yet, nope :/
What you're looking at could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn't. It's the beginning. Introducing Mr. John Valentine, air traveler. His destination: the Twilight Zone...
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-28 15:00:43
January 28 2012 15:00 GMT
#388
they can't really fix it without changing the whole system. Don't expect a fix unless there is a bnet update in a patch. Besides that is a obvious hack for the players, so really easy to report. Unlike other hacks like this production tab thing if it really exists.

PS: always funny if this hack is bumped, since you read new hack every time xD.
Hitcher
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Belgium23 Posts
January 28 2012 16:23 GMT
#389
Blizzard sued the creator of the hack, it is now offline.
#ImHitcher on Twitter, follow me! Losing.. Is learning.
CounterOrder
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada457 Posts
January 28 2012 17:32 GMT
#390
On January 29 2012 01:23 Hitcher wrote:
Blizzard sued the creator of the hack, it is now offline.


Link?
Thylacine
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden882 Posts
January 28 2012 17:44 GMT
#391
Idd, provide a link if you make a claim like that...
What you're looking at could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn't. It's the beginning. Introducing Mr. John Valentine, air traveler. His destination: the Twilight Zone...
Thombur
Profile Joined January 2012
95 Posts
January 28 2012 17:44 GMT
#392
On January 23 2012 22:01 Iyerbeth wrote:
How difficult would it be for Blizzard to analze a replay after a results disagree? Both parties will be connected to the server, and the replay is automatically made twice, it seems (maybe naively?) that uploading a small replay file at the end if results disagree would be a simple enough thing that could not only properly award the win but also determine who has the system submitting false reports.

QFT. I don't understand companies not taking relatively cheap and easy measures which can solve a lot of problems and show extra goodwill towards the community. Having the same problem with EA/DICE regarding lots of minor ignorant missteps they've made in Battlefield 3.
llKenZyll
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States853 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-28 17:55:25
January 28 2012 17:55 GMT
#393
The link is a "dirty" link, but I will quote the creator:

As per Blizzard request,

I was notified to cease and desist this project. I'm sorry to cause inconvience to Blizzard.

Thanks,
-name sniped-
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/nd6nd/tang_in_his_natural_habitat/
iDope
Profile Joined October 2010
Saudi Arabia223 Posts
January 28 2012 19:00 GMT
#394
On January 29 2012 02:44 Thombur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2012 22:01 Iyerbeth wrote:
How difficult would it be for Blizzard to analze a replay after a results disagree? Both parties will be connected to the server, and the replay is automatically made twice, it seems (maybe naively?) that uploading a small replay file at the end if results disagree would be a simple enough thing that could not only properly award the win but also determine who has the system submitting false reports.

QFT. I don't understand companies not taking relatively cheap and easy measures which can solve a lot of problems and show extra goodwill towards the community. Having the same problem with EA/DICE regarding lots of minor ignorant missteps they've made in Battlefield 3.


<This post is technical speculation based on my experience with network games and their inner workings. I may be totally wrong in my evaluation but I think that is unlikely>

The hack in question reports falsified information about what happened at the end of a game (and maybe false info about who quit first) to the B.net servers. Since the replays are also created client side the same thing can also be done to them. The solution would be to actually log all actions by either player on the Bnet servers during the game (which I don't think is what happens at the moment). This solution is in no way elegant, as it increases the information which has to be handled by the server. Detecting who actually left the game first serverside should be much simpler and is something I think Blizzard would have already implemented so I don't think that is exactly how this thing works.

The other theory I have is that this hack sends a false signal to the server that the hacker or his team destroyed all the buildings of the opposing team while the legit guy just sends the signal that the hacker or his team left the game while a victory condition hadn't been met. In this case getting rid of this problem server side would require not only transmission of all actions but actual game computation serverside which is NOT practical at all. The only solution to this problem is once again client side i.e the use of better anti-cheat code integrated into the SC2 client which catches any interference from any non-Blizzard application with the SC2 client.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
January 30 2012 02:48 GMT
#395
On January 29 2012 00:00 FeyFey wrote:
they can't really fix it without changing the whole system. Don't expect a fix unless there is a bnet update in a patch. Besides that is a obvious hack for the players, so really easy to report. Unlike other hacks like this production tab thing if it really exists.

PS: always funny if this hack is bumped, since you read new hack every time xD.


Hm ah I see. So is this zelthcon guy just making new accounts after getting banned or what o.o

and now someone says blizz sued the creator of the hack, did they win?

Also lol it still says results disagree instead of something less obvious

Zelthcon is one strange dude. (especially if you read him trying to defend himself here and other threads). Twisted mind. He even had a joke regarding results disagree in his sig, haha.
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
ruffstyle89
Profile Joined April 2011
41 Posts
January 30 2012 03:58 GMT
#396
From what I read, they contacted him but are not/did not sue him. Some quotes from him.

"I took a business law class, but we didn't go over anything dealing with copyright infrigment. I rather stop than face a lawsuit etc. I'm just a poor college student, can't afford a lawyer and court fees."

"I don't know if they could still come at me if I release the source code. I rather not get sued for something I did for fun and enhance my skills."

"Well considering I started making bots back in my sophmore year of high school, I didn't really think about the long run. I used my real info on my battle.net account, so I'm assuming it's off that. And all my character names in the games were xxxx. So they didn't really have to look far."



A basic rundown of what happened. This guy has made some pretty solid stuff, but mostly bots and automation kind of hacks.He had a trainer that helped people get portraits and someone (not him) found a glitch in it that when you used it online and did the victory that gives you a win vrs ai it wouldn't make you lose points. It was around for a year, but didn't become public until someone leaked it 3 months ago. He had no idea his trainer could do this, but because blizzard was and is unable to stop it they contacted him and told him to stop. His trainer was meant for offline mode/single player and wasn't meant to be abused the way it ended up being.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
January 30 2012 06:32 GMT
#397
On January 30 2012 12:58 ruffstyle89 wrote:
From what I read, they contacted him but are not/did not sue him. Some quotes from him.

"I took a business law class, but we didn't go over anything dealing with copyright infrigment. I rather stop than face a lawsuit etc. I'm just a poor college student, can't afford a lawyer and court fees."

"I don't know if they could still come at me if I release the source code. I rather not get sued for something I did for fun and enhance my skills."

"Well considering I started making bots back in my sophmore year of high school, I didn't really think about the long run. I used my real info on my battle.net account, so I'm assuming it's off that. And all my character names in the games were xxxx. So they didn't really have to look far."



A basic rundown of what happened. This guy has made some pretty solid stuff, but mostly bots and automation kind of hacks.He had a trainer that helped people get portraits and someone (not him) found a glitch in it that when you used it online and did the victory that gives you a win vrs ai it wouldn't make you lose points. It was around for a year, but didn't become public until someone leaked it 3 months ago. He had no idea his trainer could do this, but because blizzard was and is unable to stop it they contacted him and told him to stop. His trainer was meant for offline mode/single player and wasn't meant to be abused the way it ended up being.


Oh, thanks for that! Really awesome post :D.

(So that explains his uncarefulness in his sig, etc. ? Cus it wasn't meant to be used on ladder like that?)

But I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "that when you used it online and did the victory that gives you a win vs ai it wouldn't make you lose points". Can you reword this please?

thx in adv ^^
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Corsica
Profile Joined February 2011
Ukraine1854 Posts
January 30 2012 06:36 GMT
#398
Which sever? Which league?
ruffstyle89
Profile Joined April 2011
41 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-30 06:41:38
January 30 2012 06:40 GMT
#399
I never used it, so I may be wrong. It was a trainer for offline mode. It let you have whatever amount of gas/minerals you'd like and to get portraits you need wins vrs ai and it had a 'victory' option that would give you wins vrs ai if nobody was in the game. Using this in multiplayer desynced the game and when you left nobody would get points or lose points. This "hack" was an unintentional side effect to one of his tools.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
January 30 2012 06:44 GMT
#400
On January 30 2012 15:40 ruffstyle89 wrote:
I never used it, so I may be wrong. It was a trainer for offline mode. It let you have whatever amount of gas/minerals you'd like and to get portraits you need wins vrs ai and it had a 'victory' option that would give you wins vrs ai if nobody was in the game. Using this in multiplayer desynced the game and when you left nobody would get points or lose points. This "hack" was an unintentional side effect to one of his tools.


Oh, i see. Didn't know about the victory button part, that's why I didn't understand at first Thanks for clarifying!!! :D
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 523
BRAT_OK 49
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31162
Bisu 2702
Shuttle 1679
Hyuk 1013
Mini 819
EffOrt 818
Larva 422
Soma 380
ZerO 243
firebathero 224
[ Show more ]
hero 137
sorry 72
Sexy 57
Hyun 46
PianO 45
Mong 42
Pusan 37
Trap 34
ToSsGirL 33
Killer 28
zelot 18
Terrorterran 16
Rock 13
JulyZerg 11
Bale 11
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10112
qojqva1910
Dendi1001
Counter-Strike
fl0m2746
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1455
crisheroes1146
Liquid`Hasu638
Other Games
singsing1975
B2W.Neo1000
Beastyqt646
FrodaN624
Mlord386
Hui .236
Livibee180
Liquid`VortiX157
KnowMe120
ArmadaUGS110
Mew2King71
Trikslyr24
CosmosSc2 16
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 66
• StrangeGG 39
• mYiSmile119
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8080
League of Legends
• Jankos1832
Other Games
• Shiphtur203
• WagamamaTV191
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
55m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 55m
INu's Battles
19h 55m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 55m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.