• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:27
CEST 00:27
KST 07:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7936 users

Season 3 coming to an end... - Page 28

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 Next All
TKHawkins
Profile Joined October 2011
United States103 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-24 22:45:28
October 24 2011 22:44 GMT
#541
On October 25 2011 05:44 TechSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2011 04:32 TKHawkins wrote:
I'm really not liking how long the ladder lock is going on for now compared to how long the season is. I'm in gold. I just got matched up against (and rolled by) a Masters player. Either I'm way overdue for another promotion, or this guy really needs a demotion. Either way, the fact that this is happening really delegitamizes the meaning of the leagues.


If that's the case, you'll most likely be promoted immediately after the lock is done after your first placement match. Since MMR still moves during the lock, I see no problem with shorter seasons and a 2 week lock to use excess bonus pool.


Oh I know, the same thing happened last season too (I keep getting promoted to plat, take a break from the game, demoted back to gold cause I'm rusty, and then repromoted). The problem is, for about ~25% of the season now (2 weeks out of 2 months), what league you are in is meaningless. I've beaten numerous plats today, played a few masters, but also got matched up against (and lost to) a silver player. Does that mean I'm doing well? Or should that guy who is in silver really be in masters, plat? Or is he a true silver? Am I playing plat players with MMRs that should be demoted back to gold, or "true" plats. With promotions now being locked for so long, there is really no way to tell.
dartoo
Profile Joined May 2010
India2889 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-24 22:46:12
October 24 2011 22:45 GMT
#542
New season is upon us! Yaaay! not much of a difference though :p (SEA server).
Exdeelol
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2 Posts
October 24 2011 22:48 GMT
#543
Who cares how long or how short seasons are. Play, get better MMR, become a better player, season is irrelevant. If you're dedicated and play you'll get better, it wont matter if its season 27 or season 3.
TKHawkins
Profile Joined October 2011
United States103 Posts
October 24 2011 22:52 GMT
#544
On October 25 2011 07:48 Exdeelol wrote:
Who cares how long or how short seasons are. Play, get better MMR, become a better player, season is irrelevant. If you're dedicated and play you'll get better, it wont matter if its season 27 or season 3.


True, that is the right attitude to have. And the distinction between leagues under diamond have always been fairly meaningless. Still, with Blizzard limiting stat tracking SO much (I have a sheet of paper next to my computer where I tally mark my win/loss ratio since the game won't display it), it's frustrating when they start limiting your data even more.
FuzzyJAM
Profile Joined July 2010
Scotland9300 Posts
October 24 2011 22:53 GMT
#545
On October 25 2011 07:48 Exdeelol wrote:
Who cares how long or how short seasons are. Play, get better MMR, become a better player, season is irrelevant. If you're dedicated and play you'll get better, it wont matter if its season 27 or season 3.

It's nice to have a quantifier of your skill though. That's the whole point of ranks - to see how you're doing. During lock, it's pretty meaningless. If that's 1/4 of the time you play then it's kind of silly.

And no, ranks are not for matching you against the right players. It's entirely possible to do that without giving anyone a rank and simply keeping the secret MMR we already have.
Did you ever say Yes to a single joy?
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-24 22:56:33
October 24 2011 22:55 GMT
#546
On October 25 2011 07:52 TKHawkins wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2011 07:48 Exdeelol wrote:
Who cares how long or how short seasons are. Play, get better MMR, become a better player, season is irrelevant. If you're dedicated and play you'll get better, it wont matter if its season 27 or season 3.


True, that is the right attitude to have. And the distinction between leagues under diamond have always been fairly meaningless. Still, with Blizzard limiting stat tracking SO much (I have a sheet of paper next to my computer where I tally mark my win/loss ratio since the game won't display it), it's frustrating when they start limiting your data even more.

LOOOL dude that's just sad. Your on a computer for Christ's sake. Use your resources at hand so you don't need a piece of paper to keep track of your win/loss stats.

Go download SC2 Gears and set it up so it saves all your 1v1 games.. TADA problem solved. Now you have more stats than you can handle! Enjoy :D
Jaedong.
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
October 24 2011 22:58 GMT
#547
And I continue on my futile attempt to get the 1000 win kerrigan avatar before HotS comes out and we start working on new portraits.

The problem is I'm also trying to hit masters at the same time, so I don't want to play just retarded games.

Oh well... maybe I'll mass game the few months before hots comes out.

I definitely find the 2 week lock period now taking up such a large portion of the league time odd. I was playing against a few silver league players, had me wondering if my loss streak was really that bad...
FuzzyJAM
Profile Joined July 2010
Scotland9300 Posts
October 24 2011 23:02 GMT
#548
On October 25 2011 07:58 Shiladie wrote:
And I continue on my futile attempt to get the 1000 win kerrigan avatar before HotS comes out and we start working on new portraits.

The problem is I'm also trying to hit masters at the same time, so I don't want to play just retarded games.

Oh well... maybe I'll mass game the few months before hots comes out.

I definitely find the 2 week lock period now taking up such a large portion of the league time odd. I was playing against a few silver league players, had me wondering if my loss streak was really that bad...

Your win count for portraits carries on after the season change so don't worry about that.
Did you ever say Yes to a single joy?
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9056 Posts
October 25 2011 07:53 GMT
#549
Still nothing. It's past Oct 24 in pretty much every countries now.
K3Nyy
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1961 Posts
October 25 2011 07:57 GMT
#550
On October 25 2011 07:44 TKHawkins wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2011 05:44 TechSC wrote:
On October 25 2011 04:32 TKHawkins wrote:
I'm really not liking how long the ladder lock is going on for now compared to how long the season is. I'm in gold. I just got matched up against (and rolled by) a Masters player. Either I'm way overdue for another promotion, or this guy really needs a demotion. Either way, the fact that this is happening really delegitamizes the meaning of the leagues.


If that's the case, you'll most likely be promoted immediately after the lock is done after your first placement match. Since MMR still moves during the lock, I see no problem with shorter seasons and a 2 week lock to use excess bonus pool.


Oh I know, the same thing happened last season too (I keep getting promoted to plat, take a break from the game, demoted back to gold cause I'm rusty, and then repromoted). The problem is, for about ~25% of the season now (2 weeks out of 2 months), what league you are in is meaningless. I've beaten numerous plats today, played a few masters, but also got matched up against (and lost to) a silver player. Does that mean I'm doing well? Or should that guy who is in silver really be in masters, plat? Or is he a true silver? Am I playing plat players with MMRs that should be demoted back to gold, or "true" plats. With promotions now being locked for so long, there is really no way to tell.


I know a few Masters that just tank their MMR really low after the lock to prevent being demoted yet have like a bronze league MMR. Then when the new season starts, they get demoted to bronze but work their way back to Masters so they'll have like a 100-1 win ratio lol.
Emporio
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3069 Posts
October 25 2011 07:59 GMT
#551
I definitely get a little demotivated during ladder lock because I know no matter how well I play, I won't get promoted. The hope of seeing that promotion screen pop up after every game really helps me keep playing game after game.
How does it feel knowing you wasted another 3 seconds of your life reading this again?
rd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2586 Posts
October 25 2011 08:33 GMT
#552
On October 25 2011 16:53 Garnet wrote:
Still nothing. It's past Oct 24 in pretty much every countries now.


I'm under the assumption it's getting reset during tuesday maintenance, which is in 30 minutes; 5 am est i think. I hope. I'm only 3 points ahead within top 8.
korona
Profile Joined October 2009
1098 Posts
October 25 2011 08:52 GMT
#553
On October 25 2011 16:53 Garnet wrote:
Still nothing. It's past Oct 24 in pretty much every countries now.

Note that they did not announce exact date, but that season 4 will begin during this week: "Season 4 will begin during the week of October 24": http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/3706274/Season_3_Now_Locked-10_10_2011
bLah.
Profile Joined July 2009
Croatia497 Posts
October 25 2011 08:57 GMT
#554
On October 25 2011 16:57 K3Nyy wrote:
I know a few Masters that just tank their MMR really low after the lock to prevent being demoted yet have like a bronze league MMR. Then when the new season starts, they get demoted to bronze but work their way back to Masters so they'll have like a 100-1 win ratio lol.


they'll just fail pretty hard. if they start pwning in bronze league they will start playing against diamond/master pretty soon and when they get into master they won't have alot of points. they will lose points after promotion compared to those who have higher mmr and start getting >15 points for a win and losing <10 points for a loss in master league.
so dunno why would anyone do that
ProxySilmaril
Profile Joined June 2011
81 Posts
October 25 2011 08:57 GMT
#555
Dont think New Season is coming tuesday. Here in europe we have 11 o clock in the morning and no new season arrived.
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
October 25 2011 09:04 GMT
#556
On October 25 2011 17:57 ProxySilmaril wrote:
Dont think New Season is coming tuesday. Here in europe we have 11 o clock in the morning and no new season arrived.

It's been up all day here in SEA.
~ssnseawolf~
Profile Joined September 2011
8 Posts
October 25 2011 09:05 GMT
#557
On October 25 2011 18:04 Ruscour wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2011 17:57 ProxySilmaril wrote:
Dont think New Season is coming tuesday. Here in europe we have 11 o clock in the morning and no new season arrived.

It's been up all day here in SEA.


Can we get a screencap or Dl of the new 2v2 maps please?
Wilko
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany470 Posts
October 25 2011 09:05 GMT
#558
All the patches and resets took place at Wednesday 3:00 am CET so far, so i think this one will be no different
Get.Midikem
Profile Joined September 2006
Sweden312 Posts
October 25 2011 10:46 GMT
#559
Wilko yeah thats for EU but when does it happen on NA?? Any status there?
SolidSPUD
Profile Joined April 2011
Scotland12 Posts
October 25 2011 10:52 GMT
#560
SEA like 8 hours ahead of EU, US like 8 hours behind but yet somehow, someway, EU always gets updated last.
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta15
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech150
Nina 138
ViBE88
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15369
Artosis 428
PianO 18
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
monkeys_forever399
canceldota92
NeuroSwarm69
League of Legends
Doublelift3825
Counter-Strike
Fnx 74
minikerr10
Super Smash Bros
PPMD36
Other Games
summit1g6248
FrodaN971
shahzam543
C9.Mang0348
RotterdaM96
Mew2King39
fpsfer 1
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile138
• StrangeGG 25
• RyuSc2 18
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 21
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1119
• Shiphtur620
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
33m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.