• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:39
CEST 16:39
KST 23:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20265Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9994 users

Season 3 coming to an end... - Page 27

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All
RubiksCube
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Germany259 Posts
October 24 2011 07:13 GMT
#521
I think, if anything 2 month seasons make it more competitive. Its much easier to stay focused on laddering for 2 month than for 3.

I have 230 Wins this season (so about 460 games more or less) and no bonus pool and it wasn't that hard. And no, I dont have that much time, I work, have a family etc.

People that say 2 month seasons will make it harder for them to get to masters, since they only play on weekends just have no clue how the ladder works. I'm guessing S3 is their first season, because they make it out as if they would need to do the bronze to masters grind every season.
tetrismaan
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark302 Posts
October 24 2011 09:10 GMT
#522
So I guess the ladder reset will happen in EU tomorrow?
www.DanishStarcraft.com
billiebrightside
Profile Joined March 2011
United States150 Posts
October 24 2011 09:14 GMT
#523
I think this is a little silly. Why would Blizzard make shorter seasons to encourage playing and then give less bonus pool to the 98% of players?
Mother always said: "My son, do the noble thing. You have to finish what you started now, no matter what. Now sit, watch, and learn!"
Shade_FR
Profile Joined June 2010
France378 Posts
October 24 2011 09:19 GMT
#524
On October 24 2011 18:10 tetrismaan wrote:
So I guess the ladder reset will happen in EU tomorrow?

Maintenance day was always Wednesday here in EU. It will happen the 26th.
EU Zerg player - Streaming @ http://twitch.tv/shade_cst
tetrismaan
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark302 Posts
October 24 2011 09:29 GMT
#525
On October 24 2011 18:19 Shade_CsT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2011 18:10 tetrismaan wrote:
So I guess the ladder reset will happen in EU tomorrow?

Maintenance day was always Wednesday here in EU. It will happen the 26th.


Failblog.org.

Well, then I have 2 days of training ahead of me.
www.DanishStarcraft.com
MuseMike
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1339 Posts
October 24 2011 16:31 GMT
#526
What time is the ladder resetting for US? Thought it was early Monday morning, but I don't recall normal maintenance times.
shtdisturbance
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada613 Posts
October 24 2011 16:34 GMT
#527
On October 25 2011 01:31 MuseMike wrote:
What time is the ladder resetting for US? Thought it was early Monday morning, but I don't recall normal maintenance times.


NA is always on Tuesday, so I would assume tomorrow.
TKHawkins
Profile Joined October 2011
United States103 Posts
October 24 2011 19:32 GMT
#528
I'm really not liking how long the ladder lock is going on for now compared to how long the season is. I'm in gold. I just got matched up against (and rolled by) a Masters player. Either I'm way overdue for another promotion, or this guy really needs a demotion. Either way, the fact that this is happening really delegitamizes the meaning of the leagues.
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
October 24 2011 19:35 GMT
#529
Does anyone know when maintenance usually happen on NA? I play on NA from EU so if i t happens in the night time it may be during the day for me.
CtrlAltGG
Profile Joined October 2010
United States36 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-24 19:39:04
October 24 2011 19:38 GMT
#530
On October 25 2011 04:35 Lorch wrote:
Does anyone know when maintenance usually happen on NA? I play on NA from EU so if i t happens in the night time it may be during the day for me.

ITs usually tuesday mornings for NA
Edit: So afternoon evening for you.
slam
Profile Joined May 2010
United States923 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-24 20:16:21
October 24 2011 20:16 GMT
#531
On October 25 2011 04:35 Lorch wrote:
Does anyone know when maintenance usually happen on NA? I play on NA from EU so if i t happens in the night time it may be during the day for me.

For WoW its 3am to 11am PST usually. I would assume it would be something similar but I could be wrong.
I get it.
RuzaSK
Profile Joined October 2011
Slovakia117 Posts
October 24 2011 20:25 GMT
#532
I wish it is tomorrow, but it will probably be Wednesday for EU as you guys said .. I'm just too pumped to see if I finally get to Diamond, also at least I have more time to play
It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat. ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-24 20:29:37
October 24 2011 20:29 GMT
#533
You could/can still improve your MMR even when the ladder is "locked" like it has been for the past 2 weeks right?

I started playing around 2 weeks ago so thats why im asking ><
Avalain
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada308 Posts
October 24 2011 20:40 GMT
#534
On October 25 2011 05:29 Pulimuli wrote:
You could/can still improve your MMR even when the ladder is "locked" like it has been for the past 2 weeks right?

I started playing around 2 weeks ago so thats why im asking ><


Yes, you can. MMR isn't locked. You just can't get a promotion/demotion until the next season and you don't gain bonus pool points to allow everyone to catch up.

Personally, I like the idea of shorter seasons (though I thought 3 months was perfect). I'm in the same situation as the OP having only an hour or so to play per day, and I found that it was quite possible to get behind on your bonus pool with basically no way to catch back up. The shorter seasons mean that if you have to take a significant break or something (say a 3 week vacation...the reason why I was behind in Season 2) then you don't have to worry about catching up because the season will be reset fairly soon.

I do agree the lock should maybe be 1 week if the season is 2 months, though.
You know what unit really has balance problems? Colossi. Why, they look like they could be blown over in a stiff wind!
TechSC
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada40 Posts
October 24 2011 20:44 GMT
#535
On October 25 2011 04:32 TKHawkins wrote:
I'm really not liking how long the ladder lock is going on for now compared to how long the season is. I'm in gold. I just got matched up against (and rolled by) a Masters player. Either I'm way overdue for another promotion, or this guy really needs a demotion. Either way, the fact that this is happening really delegitamizes the meaning of the leagues.


If that's the case, you'll most likely be promoted immediately after the lock is done after your first placement match. Since MMR still moves during the lock, I see no problem with shorter seasons and a 2 week lock to use excess bonus pool.
Luppy1
Profile Joined June 2011
Singapore177 Posts
October 24 2011 21:09 GMT
#536
It's season 4 on SEA server now.
thenexusp
Profile Joined May 2009
United States3721 Posts
October 24 2011 21:26 GMT
#537
For those that are complaining about still having a bonus pool: longer seasons doesn't fix this issue, since you'll accumulate more bonus pool over a long season than a short one. Remember season 1? If you picked up the game towards the end, you'd have thousands of bonus pool points right off the bat, and no way to spend them all in a 3-week ladder lock period.
duct_TAPE
Profile Joined May 2011
492 Posts
October 24 2011 21:36 GMT
#538
Isn't it a reset at 24th for all?
"WHAT!? but I thought there was only one way in Canada!" "Yeah, and y'all went the wrong direction on it"
Dman
Profile Joined June 2010
United States53 Posts
October 24 2011 21:46 GMT
#539
I was 100% positive I would be promoted to masters when the new season starts.

Then I played over the weekend on a tilt. 16 losses to 6 wins... ouch.

I was still playing a few master players by the end of it so... I have my fingers crossed!
exhya
Profile Joined August 2011
France1 Post
October 24 2011 22:42 GMT
#540
damn i didn't know the reset was coming XD
i was liek what the f*** i dont get promoted when i play against diamond as a gold player xD
anyone know when the reset is ? some day i guess ?
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 269
MaxPax 248
Codebar 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51341
Calm 4198
Shuttle 2473
Bisu 1694
FanTaSy 1657
Soma 677
Mini 659
EffOrt 581
Rush 461
Stork 358
[ Show more ]
Light 298
Hyuk 251
firebathero 240
Snow 206
ZerO 158
Barracks 129
actioN 122
Killer 81
Zeus 79
Dewaltoss 73
hero 71
Sea.KH 52
Shinee 46
Hyun 44
Pusan 41
ToSsGirL 36
Sharp 32
Bale 30
Free 27
Shine 25
Yoon 23
PianO 20
Aegong 19
HiyA 16
yabsab 16
zelot 16
sorry 14
Sacsri 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8473
Dendi1099
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_97
x6flipin65
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes443
Lowko435
Other Games
singsing2146
hiko1969
B2W.Neo424
byalli265
Hui .198
Livibee185
Liquid`VortiX164
Mew2King71
Trikslyr33
Rex29
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV241
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 48
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2367
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 36m
Replay Cast
8h 21m
OSC
1d 8h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 19h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.