• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:50
CEST 00:50
KST 07:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7777 users

Season 3 coming to an end... - Page 22

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 30 Next All
iNViCiOUZ
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany364 Posts
October 11 2011 13:33 GMT
#421
On October 11 2011 08:11 DeadCell wrote:
NOOOOOOO!

since season one I've made a jump in leagues..

silver-gold-plat.
This time it feels like I didn't get anywhere cause Im still in plat..

T.T

O well, I hope the new maps are to my liking.


Haha I can feel your pain :D
I got from bronze to platinum in season 1
Then my goal was to get to diamond...

.. still in plat : (
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9056 Posts
October 11 2011 13:42 GMT
#422
I'm already #1 in my Plat division... IMBatman is right behind me though.
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
October 11 2011 13:43 GMT
#423
On October 11 2011 22:42 Garnet wrote:
I'm already #1 in my Plat division... IMBatman is right behind me though.

That would make me really, really nervous.
The frumious Bandersnatch
TeH_CaRnAg3
Profile Joined March 2010
United States239 Posts
October 11 2011 13:45 GMT
#424
interesting. I don't really see why it's a big deal either way. If I had to choose i'd say 2 months was a bit short, maybe 3-5 would be solid. But either way, as long as the game play isn't effected then it doesn't really matter to me. Could be nice for a new GM every 2 months, as well as possible promotions for those having a hard time making the jump to a higher league.

Regardless, I still play starcraft. I still play the same amount. None of that has been effected, so it's all good with me!
I stole leonardo dicaprios ladder points
Aocowns
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Norway6070 Posts
October 11 2011 13:50 GMT
#425
Anything on which maps will be on for this season? Hope they remove Backwater, Abyssal Caverns and Nerazim crypt >.>
I'm a salt-lord and hater of mech and ForGG, don't take me seriously, it's just my salt-humour speaking i swear. |KadaverBB best TL gaoler| |~IdrA's #1 fan~| SetGuitarsToKill and Duckk are my martyr heroes |
SoapSC
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands112 Posts
October 11 2011 13:52 GMT
#426
On October 11 2011 22:33 iNViCiOUZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 08:11 DeadCell wrote:
NOOOOOOO!

since season one I've made a jump in leagues..

silver-gold-plat.
This time it feels like I didn't get anywhere cause Im still in plat..

T.T

O well, I hope the new maps are to my liking.


Haha I can feel your pain :D
I got from bronze to platinum in season 1
Then my goal was to get to diamond...

.. still in plat : (


Wow same happend to me.

Season 1 i jumpded from Bronze-silver-gold-plat

And now im just stuck in platinum T.T
umad?
ElBlanco
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia140 Posts
October 11 2011 14:06 GMT
#427
On October 11 2011 10:59 jalstar wrote:
Probably a good idea with the way GM works, if seasons are too long then the league will stagnate and you'll have too many top 200 players in Master's.


This is true but couldn't they just alter the way GM works rather than changing the system for everyone?

Personally i'm not too sure how i feel about this. I kinda like short seasons but i feel as though 2 months may be too short.
Noxblood
Profile Joined February 2011
Norway374 Posts
October 11 2011 14:14 GMT
#428
Great. a fresh start. need that! after when season 3 started i got inn a bad slope just picked myself up. So a new season would be great!
Life isn't hard, we just suck at it.
BlueEagle
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom75 Posts
October 11 2011 14:18 GMT
#429
On October 11 2011 22:50 Aocowns wrote:
Anything on which maps will be on for this season? Hope they remove Backwater, Abyssal Caverns and Nerazim crypt >.>


Last season I had ridiculous win rates on Slag Pits and Delta Quadrant and they removed them. Based on that, expect to see Backwater and Shakura's go next
MilesTeg
Profile Joined September 2010
France1271 Posts
October 11 2011 14:26 GMT
#430
On October 11 2011 22:50 Aocowns wrote:
Anything on which maps will be on for this season? Hope they remove Backwater, Abyssal Caverns and Nerazim crypt >.>


I know everyone vetoed it, and most have forgotten about it, but there's a map called Searing Crater :p

I think that'll be the first to go. But then again they've made so many WTF decisions regarding maps, you can't be certain...
zmansman17
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2567 Posts
October 11 2011 14:43 GMT
#431
I think shorters seasons are silly.

I don't have time to play all the time, so bam, I get a chance to come back on and the season is over. This makes seasons much less enjoyable and less competitive for me. And I like to use Starcraft as a competitive outlet, as I played college tennis and this is pretty damn fun and competitive.

Boo to shorter seasons
♞ - His EKG is flattening get me a defib stat! Prepped and Ready! - ♞
Djeez
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
543 Posts
October 11 2011 20:46 GMT
#432
I have no idea why there is a 2 weeks hiatus between seasons, but it totally kills my mood
''Watching steppes of war in the gsl would be like watching the dreamhack 1.6 finals start out on fy_iceworld. '' -red_b
Genome852
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States979 Posts
October 11 2011 22:29 GMT
#433
This is a dumb question, but what does the ladder being locked mean? My friends are still laddering and getting / losing points. Does it just mean you can't get demoted or promoted? That hardly seems to matter... or has the ladder just not been locked yet?

So the actual reset happens two weeks later?
RoboBob
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States798 Posts
October 11 2011 23:37 GMT
#434
On October 12 2011 07:29 Genome852 wrote:
This is a dumb question, but what does the ladder being locked mean? My friends are still laddering and getting / losing points. Does it just mean you can't get demoted or promoted? That hardly seems to matter... or has the ladder just not been locked yet?

So the actual reset happens two weeks later?

Correctomundo. You can still gain/lose points, but you cannot raise/drop leagues.

So basically, if you want to switch races for next season you can tank your MMR now. In your "carrer page" you'll still finish as "masters" (albeit at like rank#99) even though your MMR will be roughly bronze-silver level next season.

The ladder is locked now.
Resilient
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom1431 Posts
October 11 2011 23:40 GMT
#435
On October 12 2011 08:37 RoboBob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2011 07:29 Genome852 wrote:
This is a dumb question, but what does the ladder being locked mean? My friends are still laddering and getting / losing points. Does it just mean you can't get demoted or promoted? That hardly seems to matter... or has the ladder just not been locked yet?

So the actual reset happens two weeks later?

Correctomundo. You can still gain/lose points, but you cannot raise/drop leagues.

So basically, if you want to switch races for next season you can tank your MMR now. In your "carrer page" you'll still finish as "masters" (albeit at like rank#99) even though your MMR will be roughly bronze-silver level next season.

The ladder is locked now.


Except if you wanted to do this, it would need to be very discreetly since throwing games is bannable now.
Denis Lachance
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada162 Posts
October 11 2011 23:55 GMT
#436
Does anyone have source for wether or not they will add new maps?
Eppur si muove
oDieN[Siege]
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2905 Posts
October 11 2011 23:57 GMT
#437
On October 12 2011 08:55 Denis Lachance wrote:
Does anyone have source for wether or not they will add new maps?

Well, considering they've added new maps to the scene after every Season so far, I would say there is a very high chance we'll be seeing new maps for Season 4.
말크 : ^_^~ NeO)GabuAt, vGODieN
Leysha
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States22 Posts
October 11 2011 23:59 GMT
#438
On October 11 2011 23:26 MilesTeg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 22:50 Aocowns wrote:
Anything on which maps will be on for this season? Hope they remove Backwater, Abyssal Caverns and Nerazim crypt >.>


I know everyone vetoed it, and most have forgotten about it, but there's a map called Searing Crater :p

I think that'll be the first to go. But then again they've made so many WTF decisions regarding maps, you can't be certain...


So true! I am thinking of the maps I hope they rotate out and I totally forgot about this map because I down voted that crap down so hard that I think it fell off battle.net
alwaid
Profile Joined October 2010
United States96 Posts
October 12 2011 00:00 GMT
#439
Why would 2 month seasons be bad? if anything, it produces more excitement and prevents league stagnation with rerolls every two months. I can't think of a single reason why we need 6 month seasons.
Denis Lachance
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada162 Posts
October 12 2011 00:00 GMT
#440
On October 12 2011 08:57 ODieN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2011 08:55 Denis Lachance wrote:
Does anyone have source for wether or not they will add new maps?

Well, considering they've added new maps to the scene after every Season so far, I would say there is a very high chance we'll be seeing new maps for Season 4.


Taken. However every time they have done this they have (to my knowledge) tested the maps beforehand on the PTR. In addition to the fact that they haven't actually stated anywhere that they are adding new maps, this makes me a little unsure about it.

If anyone has seen them actually say they will, I'd be very interested in seeing that.
Eppur si muove
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 170
ProTech140
ViBE97
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12649
910 78
NaDa 18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever355
canceldota143
League of Legends
Doublelift4287
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4193
Other Games
summit1g4714
C9.Mang0347
JimRising 312
Liquid`Hasu271
ToD222
PPMD33
JuggernautJason22
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 87
• poizon28 45
• musti20045 39
• RyuSc2 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21775
League of Legends
• Scarra998
Other Games
• imaqtpie1056
• Shiphtur583
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
OSC
10m
Big Brain Bouts
11h 10m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
18h 10m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
Patches Events
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.