• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:38
CEST 11:38
KST 18:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10463 users

Dark Mercenary Model Swap - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15 16 Next All
Tuczniak
Profile Joined September 2010
1561 Posts
September 07 2011 19:05 GMT
#81
Overseer and ultralisk are pretty cool. I'm going to use them.

Maybe i'll use ultra more now :D. Overseer too, but they will be cheaper, so i would use them more anyway.
MartynX
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom122 Posts
September 07 2011 19:17 GMT
#82
How have you done the custom fonts in the menu?
Tuczniak
Profile Joined September 2010
1561 Posts
September 07 2011 19:34 GMT
#83
On September 08 2011 04:17 MartynX wrote:
How have you done the custom fonts in the menu?
There is a topic about it http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=249974 .
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-07 21:47:08
September 07 2011 21:46 GMT
#84
Can you replace Infestor to Chocker? I like his "ultralisk'ish" style, his portrait (green more cool, than standart brown) and green neural
Enhancer_
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada320 Posts
September 07 2011 22:07 GMT
#85
On September 04 2011 05:52 Teliko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2011 05:24 Enhancer_ wrote:
As a Zerg player, I don't appreciate you making Protoss and Terran armies scarier.

rofl, I actually didn't want to leave zerg out and looked around some more models in case there was something else in the MPQs for them, but couldn't fine anything :<

I forgive you :D. New Ultralisks make me happy. Now when I decide to lose games by building them I'll at least do it in style.
-Kyo-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan1927 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-07 23:01:42
September 07 2011 23:01 GMT
#86
Has anyone gotten around to testing this with stronger team colors mod yet, I saw the question but no answer? I have it, but I'm waiting for a confirmation that it works since I'm too lazy to do it myself then have to re-copy the folders~ ;~;
Anime is cuter than you. Legacy of the Void GM Protoss Gameplay: twitch.tv/kyo7763 youtube.com/user/KyoStarcraft/
TL+ Member
Teliko
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland1044 Posts
September 08 2011 03:48 GMT
#87
On September 08 2011 06:46 Existor wrote:
Can you replace Infestor to Chocker? I like his "ultralisk'ish" style, his portrait (green more cool, than standart brown) and green neural

I haven't got a lot of spare time right now, but I'll look in to it in the next day or two.
On September 08 2011 08:01 tQKyo wrote:
Has anyone gotten around to testing this with stronger team colors mod yet, I saw the question but no answer? I have it, but I'm waiting for a confirmation that it works since I'm too lazy to do it myself then have to re-copy the folders~ ;~;

I'd like some feedback on this too seeing as I don't use the teamcolours mod myself. Technically, it should work because all of the mercenary and dark protoss models still load the textures from the standard models, but I'm not going to say it's still definitely visible until I know for sure.
Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
Teliko
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland1044 Posts
September 09 2011 07:33 GMT
#88
New version for Protoss which includes the "Dark Pylon", a model which is no longer in the game.

The Dark Pylon is not in the multiplayer version of the game. Originally, when it was being tested, it would cloak buildings in a radius around the building, making it more difficult for enemies to scout out 'tech' buildings in a Protoss base, to determine how they were teching. Additionally, it also hid base defenses until they began firing.

The Dark Pylon was taken out because it was not found as useful as what was intended. There are discussions of finding a possible replacement building that would also serve as a base defense, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

Download

[image loading]

Infestor -> Chocker swap coming up soon. I know the vote for science vessel is still tied, so I think I'm gonna add a swap for it to the download, and just leave instructions on what files to remove from the download yourself if you don't want the Science Vessel to be installed.
Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
FizzleIzzle
Profile Joined January 2011
United States8 Posts
September 10 2011 04:44 GMT
#89
I was already doing this before Teliko released it all as a download ( thanks for that!)

The stronger team colors work on some of the models.... I have yet to figure out why some work and some dont


Teliko I ran into the same bug with the tank siege mode animation. How did you end up fixing it?
Hatred outlives the hateful.
ReaperX
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Hong Kong1758 Posts
September 10 2011 04:47 GMT
#90
Teliko you're a sick bastard, thanks so much!
Artosis : Clide. idrA : Shut up.
Teliko
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland1044 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 05:18:35
September 10 2011 05:14 GMT
#91
Possible final update coming up in a couple minutes for Zerg and Terran including the Swarm Guardian, Choker and Science Vessel. For those of you who don't want the vessel, simply don't install this update as that's all it contains.

On September 10 2011 13:44 FizzleIzzle wrote:
I was already doing this before Teliko released it all as a download ( thanks for that!)

The stronger team colors work on some of the models.... I have yet to figure out why some work and some dont


Teliko I ran into the same bug with the tank siege mode animation. How did you end up fixing it?

I'm guessing it's because some models have more additional cover than others, like Hellion just has a bigger flamethrower, whereas the Siege Tank has an overall body cover on top of the old model covering up the previous transparency areas in the textures.

The problem with the siegetank was that SiegeTank.m3 purely refers to the siegetank model while active in siege mode only. When it's not sieged, it's actually just called Tank.m3.
On September 10 2011 13:47 ReaperX wrote:
Teliko you're a sick bastard, thanks so much!

<33333
Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
Teliko
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland1044 Posts
September 10 2011 06:07 GMT
#92
Provided I haven't missed something extra that can done with Zerg, this will possibly be the last update until I find the time to do some building textures. Added Infestor -> Choker, Corrupter -> Swarm Guardian, Raven -> Science Vessel and various bugfixes. If you have a previous Terran version installed and don't want the Science Vessel, there's no need to install this new version.

If you're a new user and still don't want the Science vessel, read the spoilers in OP for instructions on preventing it from being installed.

Download Zerg Update
Download Terran Update

[image loading]

[image loading]
Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
zturchan
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada156 Posts
September 10 2011 06:47 GMT
#93
Is there any hope of being able to use this on my mac?
Teliko
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland1044 Posts
September 10 2011 15:25 GMT
#94
On September 10 2011 15:47 zturchan wrote:
Is there any hope of being able to use this on my mac?

Apparently it is possible, it just takes an extra few steps. I can't confirm it as I've never tried it on a mac, but try out what this guy says

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=10504473
Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
Enhancer_
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada320 Posts
September 10 2011 17:01 GMT
#95
The Roach swap is bugged in a number of ways.

- Doesn't have a melee attack animation
- When burrowed (without burrow movement) the Roach stays above ground.
- When you get burrow movement, the model reverts back completely to the Roach model with the extra spines

Not sure if the burrowed (no movement) Hunterling appears above ground still even if it's your enemies' units.
Teliko
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland1044 Posts
September 12 2011 02:45 GMT
#96
On September 11 2011 02:01 Enhancer_ wrote:
The Roach swap is bugged in a number of ways.

- Doesn't have a melee attack animation
- When burrowed (without burrow movement) the Roach stays above ground.
- When you get burrow movement, the model reverts back completely to the Roach model with the extra spines

Not sure if the burrowed (no movement) Hunterling appears above ground still even if it's your enemies' units.

I see what you mean by the burrow... The reason for this is because Hunterlings were never designed to burrow, so Blizzard never gave them the animation. I had a go at adding a simple burrow animation myself and, well... I got the burrow to work, but at the cost of a seemingly inadequate sacrifice

[image loading]

I can fix the fact that after you research burrow movement, the model swaps back to the old roach, but I don't know what the shit is going on here. The only conclusion I've reached so far is that they've been eating too much Ready Brek.
Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-12 04:41:31
September 12 2011 03:15 GMT
#97
I think, zerg zombie style must be everything, including buildings Trying edit zerg buildings to fit new "greeny-grey" style

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=264847
Daralii
Profile Joined March 2010
United States16991 Posts
September 12 2011 03:17 GMT
#98
My best guess would be that the texture broke somehow when you added the animation, but I don't know how.
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
Teliko
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland1044 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-12 03:31:19
September 12 2011 03:22 GMT
#99
On September 12 2011 12:17 Daralii wrote:
My best guess would be that the texture broke somehow when you added the animation, but I don't know how.

It's not connected to the animation, I tried just importing the model to autodesk 3ds max, didn't touch anything and exported again, and the textures still broke. I have all the textures applied to the maps when I import it to autodesk, so they're definitely getting exported with it. I reckon the fact that the Roach model has been modified by Blizzard at some point in the past, causing the model to be loaded from the patch mpq instead of the base mpq, is somehow interfering with the models textures.
On September 12 2011 12:15 Existor wrote:
I think, zerg zombie style must be everything, including buildings Trying edit zerg buildings to fit new "greeny-grey" style

:O Nice work. I never have the patience for texturing. I'm never satisfied unless it's 100% perfect, which I'm incapable of achieving -_-
Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-12 04:03:50
September 12 2011 03:39 GMT
#100
:O Nice work. I never have the patience for texturing. I'm never satisfied unless it's 100% perfect, which I'm incapable of achieving -_-

Added links to download current version. It's still WIP, I will slighty update it later. Contains your zerg units (without roach replacement)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 6686
Horang2 548
Hyuk 428
BeSt 378
Stork 127
Killer 117
sorry 85
Hyun 82
ggaemo 79
Shinee 74
[ Show more ]
Bonyth 53
Pusan 43
Snow 42
Hm[arnc] 40
Bale 33
JYJ 24
Noble 8
League of Legends
JimRising 530
Other Games
gofns37625
singsing1887
Mew2King77
ArmadaUGS60
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick605
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream135
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 52
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2319
League of Legends
• Lourlo1423
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23m
INu's Battles
2h 23m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
5h 23m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 23m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 23m
Replay Cast
13h 23m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 1h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.