• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:30
CEST 21:30
KST 04:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9516 users

Zombie brood - another SC2 customization

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-04 17:32:44
September 12 2011 04:40 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Teliko did great work with Dark models swap for all 3 races, and someone in commentaries posted nice idea to expand this customization into modified building textures, like Dark Protoss. I'm a very big fan of zergs, so I've decided to slighty redesign Zerg buildings and units from brown-purple to green-grey colors. Ultralisk, Overseer, Corruptor and Infestor replacements are Teliko's work, all other units simply greyed.

Read more info about Dark units swap here
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=262239


As result, it's closer now to totally changed factions:
Terrans -> Mercenary Terrans from WoL campaign
Protoss -> Dark Protoss from WoL and maybe from ShakurasWoL
Zerg -> Infestation Brood from Left2Die

I've created small graphical addon to zerg buildings, that recolors them.

-------------------------------------------------
Screenshots

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

-------------------------------------------------
Download link and installing
1) http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/1HNI78KP/
2) Put downloaded file here:
\StarCraft II\Mods\LibertyMulti.SC2Mod\..here..
cAPS
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States153 Posts
September 12 2011 04:44 GMT
#2
That looks pretty neat. Thanks for sharing!
StaplerPhone
Profile Joined March 2011
United States813 Posts
September 12 2011 04:57 GMT
#3
Zombies only make things better
NaDa | MC | HerO | DeMusliM | TaeJa | viOLet
Censor
Profile Joined March 2011
United States122 Posts
September 12 2011 05:02 GMT
#4
Very cool, especially the infestors. Good work, man.
Fantasy | Hydra | Flash
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-12 05:08:12
September 12 2011 05:07 GMT
#5
On September 12 2011 14:02 Censor wrote:
Very cool, especially the infestors. Good work, man.

All unit models are from Teliko's "Dark Mercenary" replacements. I did only building and creep recoloring and put Teliko's units here for better comparsion of average style.
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
September 12 2011 05:08 GMT
#6
I think I would like this but only on units. I don't know if this would be a hassle but could you make a separate mod for just units too?
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
September 12 2011 05:10 GMT
#7
On September 12 2011 14:08 solidbebe wrote:
I think I would like this but only on units. I don't know if this would be a hassle but could you make a separate mod for just units too?

Here are link in first post to Teliko's topic about dark units.
meep
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1699 Posts
September 12 2011 05:14 GMT
#8
Wow Zerg actually looks scary.
閑静 しずか (ノ・_・)ノ
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
September 12 2011 05:17 GMT
#9
On September 12 2011 14:10 Existor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2011 14:08 solidbebe wrote:
I think I would like this but only on units. I don't know if this would be a hassle but could you make a separate mod for just units too?

Here are link in first post to Teliko's topic about dark units.


Ah sorry I overlooked that, thx thx.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
pyaar
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States423 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-12 05:26:11
September 12 2011 05:25 GMT
#10
I don't mean to rain on your parade—this is good work—but it might be good to remind everyone again that this is technically against the terms of use. A lot of things in that agreement aren't enforced either because it would be impossible to do so, or because it would be a waste of resources of Blizzard, or because they're only there to save Blizzard from a lawsuit.

These model swaps and reskins, however, I think, have begun stepping on the toes of possible expansions of StarCraft II's exploitability for money, and when you tread on Blizzard's moneymaking ground, you walk a thin wire.

Be careful.
Fishgle
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2174 Posts
September 12 2011 05:32 GMT
#11
On September 12 2011 14:08 solidbebe wrote:
I think I would like this but only on units. I don't know if this would be a hassle but could you make a separate mod for just units too?


you can just go into the mpq files and delete the ones you don't want
aka ChillyGonzalo / GnozL
SgtPepper
Profile Joined November 2010
United States568 Posts
September 12 2011 05:40 GMT
#12
Nice looking mod, good work.
"After I reconquer Ba Sing Se, I'm going to reconquer my tea shop! And I'm going to play Pai Sho every day."
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
September 12 2011 10:56 GMT
#13
Not slighty, but not heavily updated now. 3 new screenshots, grey units, less greeny creep and more greeny slime on buildings.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
September 12 2011 18:46 GMT
#14
If someone ave problems with working. Just check, did u had other mods in other folders, that has highter priority files with modified content.

And if you already had base.sc2data, just open it (google can open it) and open downloaded file, then select all files from new files and drag them to your current base.sc2data.

Also, if u dont have any mods, click Repair.exe then. It can help sometimes too, if some of your files was already corrupted.
Grend
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1600 Posts
September 12 2011 19:49 GMT
#15
I like it but to be honest I hoped that you had pulled it a bit further.
♞ Against the Wind - Bob Seger ♞
MangoTango
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States3670 Posts
September 12 2011 19:53 GMT
#16
I like the way the Infestors and Ultras look. Way gross-er and scarier.
"One fish, two fish, red fish, BLUE TANK!" - Artosis
Bensio
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom621 Posts
September 12 2011 19:55 GMT
#17
If I apply this, does this mean that if i see a zergling and my oppoenent is on lair tech, I can see it by just looking at the zergling?
Knutzi
Profile Joined July 2009
Norway664 Posts
September 12 2011 20:03 GMT
#18
im just curious, would it be possible at all to add capes to the banelings? im sure djwheat would love that ^:^
Bensio
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom621 Posts
September 12 2011 20:41 GMT
#19
Got a desync error when i try to custom game with this....Playing as Protoss at least.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
September 12 2011 20:56 GMT
#20
Damn man this makes me wish someone could make a sick campaign. The outbreak campaign mission would have looked so freaking badass with your design
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1593
RotterdaM942
TaKeTV 376
IndyStarCraft 206
SteadfastSC163
ZombieGrub98
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1593
RotterdaM 942
IndyStarCraft 206
SteadfastSC 163
RuFF_SC2 151
MaxPax 140
ZombieGrub98
UpATreeSC 76
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2805
Shuttle 526
Dewaltoss 125
910 70
Mind 62
Bale 15
Counter-Strike
fl0m4521
pashabiceps1631
Fnx 690
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4832
Liquid`Hasu578
Other Games
Beastyqt874
mouzStarbuck428
ToD183
C9.Mang0156
shahzam110
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV229
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 171
• Reevou 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 18
• 80smullet 17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade320
Other Games
• imaqtpie865
• Shiphtur343
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 30m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 30m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 30m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.