• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:18
CEST 13:18
KST 20:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10120 users

Dark Mercenary Model Swap - Page 15

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 Next All
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
May 16 2012 12:23 GMT
#281
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to only get the darker UI, I don't really care about the models I just want the darker protoss UI.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
May 16 2012 12:27 GMT
#282
On May 16 2012 21:23 Lorch wrote:
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to only get the darker UI, I don't really care about the models I just want the darker protoss UI.

Just open textures folder and find files, that contains "console" in their name. Copy those files into ingame MPQ-archive and don't touch all other new textures
Kiri
Profile Joined November 2010
United States84 Posts
May 16 2012 13:14 GMT
#283
Why doesn't it ask me to confirm replacement of old files when i drop in your folders?
Teliko
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland1044 Posts
May 16 2012 14:12 GMT
#284
Are you extracting the rar archives first?
Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
Kiri
Profile Joined November 2010
United States84 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-16 14:36:42
May 16 2012 14:27 GMT
#285
Yes i followed your instructions perfectly. When i did it on my brothers computer it works perfectly but on mine for some reason it doesnt....

The only file that seems to be causing me trouble is the mods folder. When i put in the other one's i get units but im missing marine/thor/raven/ghost which are pretty big components since i love those models the most. I feel that putting the mods folder into the patch.SC2Archive is causing the patch bug for me. Is there any way to put these files in the assets folder or somewhere else to get the models?? Sc2switcher doesnt work for me as a solution that you posted on your website.
Kiri
Profile Joined November 2010
United States84 Posts
May 16 2012 15:11 GMT
#286
Wow.... Now for some reason when i reinstall Sc 2 i get the patch bug DURING the actual patching process and can't reinstall Starcraft 2..... I've deleted every Starcraft 2 related file from my registry in an attempt to reinstall Starcraft 2 but to nothing.....
Teliko
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland1044 Posts
May 16 2012 16:07 GMT
#287
WHY are you reinstalling it again? I said back everything up like three times at this stage, you should never have to reinstall if you were doing everything like I'd said. And if it works fine on your brothers computer, then that just confirms there's nothing wrong with the files, it's your computer. I'm running out of ideas because you seem to be breaking it yourself even more by doing whatever you're doing to it, but the last thing I can think of is to just take the installation from your brothers computer, move it on to your computer and play off that. If you're still getting the patch bug after that, there's nothing I can do to help.
Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
TheFlock
Profile Joined September 2011
United States389 Posts
May 16 2012 16:22 GMT
#288
I somehow missed this thread, but this is quite sexy. The units look so much more badass this way, although i would be too tempted to get BCs all the time...
Maru | DeMusliM | TLO
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
May 16 2012 17:02 GMT
#289
Why doesn't it ask me to confirm replacement of old files when i drop in your folders?

Because you're not replacing files. Instead, you are adding new files, that game will read
Kiri
Profile Joined November 2010
United States84 Posts
May 16 2012 17:42 GMT
#290
Ok well in an attempt to make up for everything i deleted every trace of Starcraft 2 from my registry and tried to start over new but...... Now i get the patch bug RIGHT after i install Starcraft 2 and i cant even get it on..... I just reinstall it because i dont know how to backup the files. I dont have external hardware to do that QQ. i tried copying the patch.SCArchive files etc. but it didnt work.

How do i take the installation from his computer and move it to mine??? x.X
Kiri
Profile Joined November 2010
United States84 Posts
May 16 2012 17:45 GMT
#291
I'm a huge fan of your work and have been at this for days don't give up on me yet!!! ='[
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
May 16 2012 18:56 GMT
#292
1) Those auto-installers installs somewhere and into something, that you can't control and don't know, what it modifies. Replace everything MANUALLY and you will know, what to backup and what to not.

2) Install your game normally, then launch it, WITHOUT ANY MODS AND MODIFIED FILES -_- If you're corrupted your StarCraft 2 via registry, then delete it finally from your PC, and install ORIGINAL UNMODIFIED GAME CLIENT.

I just reinstall it because i dont know how to backup the files

What?
Ctrl-C -> go to Desktop -> Ctrl-V. Thats all!
Kiri
Profile Joined November 2010
United States84 Posts
May 16 2012 19:00 GMT
#293
FIXED!! okay did the manual patch from the website and now its back to normal.
Zushen
Profile Joined June 2011
275 Posts
May 21 2012 23:08 GMT
#294
@Kiri if you dont understand the concept of copy and paste I dont think you should be doing this in the first place.
Sphen5117
Profile Joined September 2011
United States413 Posts
June 16 2012 15:55 GMT
#295
So I can get the unit textures to work properly (I'm protoss), but when doing the buildings it royally screws up the in-game graphics, to where mineral batches are little globes, and sometimes units don't show up, causing me to have to use my backed up assets. Any reasons why the building Assets would do this? It might be worth noting that the pylon building included with the protoss units assets works fine as well.
Teliko
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland1044 Posts
June 16 2012 16:53 GMT
#296
Close the mpq editor before running sc2
Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
Sphen5117
Profile Joined September 2011
United States413 Posts
June 16 2012 19:36 GMT
#297
Yeah, I do that. The units Assets and mods work fine, I close MPQ editor, open SC2, and have badass protoss motherfuckers. Then I close out SC2, and edit in the Protoss Buildings pack and it makes the background on the lognii screen lose most of its texture, and in game, well, it's hard to describe. It's like I'm playing a game that's about 25 percent coded. I just re-instate the backed-up copy of my assets and it's back to normal. I tried going in and grabbing the individual files for the buildings from within the buildings asset to simply add to the unit one, but still has the same problem.
dUTtrOACh
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2339 Posts
June 16 2012 19:49 GMT
#298
On May 17 2012 04:00 Kiri wrote:
FIXED!! okay did the manual patch from the website and now its back to normal.


Since it worked on your brother's computer, you can always take the .MPQ file from his and pop it into your Star2 folder. Just keep a copy of your own unmodified .MPQ somewhere on your computer. The file is only 99MB or something. Getting back to what you had to begin with is hardly "FIXED".
twitch.tv/duttroach
Teliko
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland1044 Posts
June 16 2012 21:33 GMT
#299
On June 17 2012 04:36 Sphen5117 wrote:
Yeah, I do that. The units Assets and mods work fine, I close MPQ editor, open SC2, and have badass protoss motherfuckers. Then I close out SC2, and edit in the Protoss Buildings pack and it makes the background on the lognii screen lose most of its texture, and in game, well, it's hard to describe. It's like I'm playing a game that's about 25 percent coded. I just re-instate the backed-up copy of my assets and it's back to normal. I tried going in and grabbing the individual files for the buildings from within the buildings asset to simply add to the unit one, but still has the same problem.

What you're describing is exactly the consequence of leaving the MPQ editor open. All I can think of is you closed it the first time and forgot the second time. How else would the loading screen and mineral patches turn in the globes when you're working with an MPQ than only effects buildings? When something turns in to a globe, it means the game is unable to locate the model associated with that object. By leaving the MPQ editor open, you deny sc2 any access to those MPQs. There might be some other error you've encountered, but there's no way it's a problem with the MPQ itself because it has no association with the login screen or mineral patches.
Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
Sphen5117
Profile Joined September 2011
United States413 Posts
June 18 2012 15:16 GMT
#300
On June 17 2012 06:33 Teliko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2012 04:36 Sphen5117 wrote:
Yeah, I do that. The units Assets and mods work fine, I close MPQ editor, open SC2, and have badass protoss motherfuckers. Then I close out SC2, and edit in the Protoss Buildings pack and it makes the background on the lognii screen lose most of its texture, and in game, well, it's hard to describe. It's like I'm playing a game that's about 25 percent coded. I just re-instate the backed-up copy of my assets and it's back to normal. I tried going in and grabbing the individual files for the buildings from within the buildings asset to simply add to the unit one, but still has the same problem.

What you're describing is exactly the consequence of leaving the MPQ editor open. All I can think of is you closed it the first time and forgot the second time. How else would the loading screen and mineral patches turn in the globes when you're working with an MPQ than only effects buildings? When something turns in to a globe, it means the game is unable to locate the model associated with that object. By leaving the MPQ editor open, you deny sc2 any access to those MPQs. There might be some other error you've encountered, but there's no way it's a problem with the MPQ itself because it has no association with the login screen or mineral patches.


Odd as shit. Got it to work finally, perhaps you're right and I developed temporary amnesia the second time. I retried and backed up the files about 6 different times, I guess every single time I remembered to close it for the units, then went back and left it open every. Single. Time. For the buildings. King of dumbshits right here.
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 426
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings153
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 11239
Britney 10732
FanTaSy 2137
Hyuk 882
Horang2 613
BeSt 458
Stork 271
Pusan 238
Killer 135
EffOrt 129
[ Show more ]
Last 127
Mini 125
Zeus 116
Mind 99
Hyun 63
sorry 61
ggaemo 53
Snow 48
PianO 47
Bale 32
ToSsGirL 32
JYJ 30
Hm[arnc] 29
Aegong 19
zelot 14
Sacsri 10
Noble 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe372
Counter-Strike
fl0m1613
byalli804
x6flipin226
Other Games
gofns27509
singsing2884
B2W.Neo515
ArmadaUGS85
Mew2King68
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick704
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream81
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 9
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 42m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 42m
Replay Cast
11h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 42m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 42m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.