• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:48
CEST 02:48
KST 09:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1 [IPSL] IPSL is Back With Winter 26-27!
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12982 users

compLexity & MVP Partner - DRG & Genius - coL.MVP - Page 24

Forum Index > SC2 General
633 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 32 Next All
ROOTCatZ
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Peru1238 Posts
July 23 2011 09:33 GMT
#461
On July 23 2011 14:41 Mohdoo wrote:
Has Catz given an opinion on this? Him being on Complexity and being the most vocal about keeping Koreans out of the foreign scene is absolutely hilarious to me. I really, really, really want to hear what he has to say about this.


the big problem is everytime something like this happens, everyone starts quoting things I never said. if you want my opinion, my opinion has been voiced in multiple places multiple times.

I'm really happy both for complexity and for our new teammates. they will be traveling to international events to represent complexity and they will represent complexity while in korea as well. this is a completely different case scenario than for instance; having regional leagues. I don't see how they relate to each other, I have nothing against koreans, and if they are coming to foreign teams to TRAVEL and PLAY in this hemisphere, I don't only welcome that, I respect that and im glad, that makes e-sports grow on this hemisphere.

PLEASE stop twisting my words, if you don't have the capacity to understand what I've been saying all along, just don't comment on it!
Progamerwww.root-gaming.com
landmarktiger
Profile Joined April 2011
226 Posts
July 23 2011 09:37 GMT
#462
OMG more Koreans in foreign tournaments = win for all
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
July 23 2011 09:37 GMT
#463
On July 23 2011 18:33 coL.CatZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2011 14:41 Mohdoo wrote:
Has Catz given an opinion on this? Him being on Complexity and being the most vocal about keeping Koreans out of the foreign scene is absolutely hilarious to me. I really, really, really want to hear what he has to say about this.


the big problem is everytime something like this happens, everyone starts quoting things I never said. if you want my opinion, my opinion has been voiced in multiple places multiple times.

I'm really happy both for complexity and for our new teammates. they will be traveling to international events to represent complexity and they will represent complexity while in korea as well. this is a completely different case scenario than for instance; having regional leagues. I don't see how they relate to each other, I have nothing against koreans, and if they are coming to foreign teams to TRAVEL and PLAY in this hemisphere, I don't only welcome that, I respect that and im glad, that makes e-sports grow on this hemisphere.

PLEASE stop twisting my words, if you don't have the capacity to understand what I've been saying all along, just don't comment on it!


lol.

"I don't want Koreans in our tournaments, they too good and take our moneyz."
*Koreans join the team to participate in tournaments*
"I never said that I was against having Koreans in TEAMS, gosh guys where ever would you think that I didn't want Koreans in the West. Of course I did, I just failed to mention that I wanted them in our teams. DUH. So disrespectful!"

Way to flip flop there CatZ,
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
Usagi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Spain1647 Posts
July 23 2011 09:38 GMT
#464
They are also going to play for Col. in online leagues.
Would be quite... "funny"? if during EG Marters' cup nex season they chose DRG over you. :/

I dont like all the borrowing deals. Because this feels like more borrowing than partnership.
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-23 09:40:15
July 23 2011 09:39 GMT
#465
Am I the only one who hates this? It's not about koreans joining the foreign teams. Thats okay. The issue is HOW ITS DONE.

This is neither buying players nor raising them. It's just advanced sponsorship. This shit is nothing persistent or something you can rely on.

Whats in 5 years?
EG.MVP.coL.mouz.d.SK.MVP ? Seriously?
Teams are becoming sponsors, is that really what you guys want?
"Hey we are complexity gaming and we have the best 5 players on the planet. Well, at least we own 5% of them." -_-'.

Starcraft 2 is becoming a stock market, lol
GizmoPT
Profile Joined May 2010
Portugal3040 Posts
July 23 2011 09:40 GMT
#466
this will start to get hard for teams that cant afford koreans xD
Snipers Promod & Micro Arena Creator in SC2 Arcade - Portuguese Community Admin for SC2, HotS and Overwatch - Ex-Portugal SC2 Team Manager, Ex- Copenhagen Wolves and Grow uP Gaming Manager in SC2. Just Playing games now!
Yiska
Profile Joined November 2010
141 Posts
July 23 2011 09:40 GMT
#467
On July 23 2011 18:37 Gamegene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2011 18:33 coL.CatZ wrote:
On July 23 2011 14:41 Mohdoo wrote:
Has Catz given an opinion on this? Him being on Complexity and being the most vocal about keeping Koreans out of the foreign scene is absolutely hilarious to me. I really, really, really want to hear what he has to say about this.


the big problem is everytime something like this happens, everyone starts quoting things I never said. if you want my opinion, my opinion has been voiced in multiple places multiple times.

I'm really happy both for complexity and for our new teammates. they will be traveling to international events to represent complexity and they will represent complexity while in korea as well. this is a completely different case scenario than for instance; having regional leagues. I don't see how they relate to each other, I have nothing against koreans, and if they are coming to foreign teams to TRAVEL and PLAY in this hemisphere, I don't only welcome that, I respect that and im glad, that makes e-sports grow on this hemisphere.

PLEASE stop twisting my words, if you don't have the capacity to understand what I've been saying all along, just don't comment on it!


lol.

"I don't want Koreans in our tournaments, they too good and take our moneyz."
*Koreans join the team to participate in tournaments*
"I never said that I was against having Koreans in TEAMS, gosh guys where ever would you think that I didn't want Koreans in the West. Of course I did, I just failed to mention that I wanted them in our teams. DUH. So disrespectful!"

Way to flip flop there CatZ,


His last sentence completely applies to you. Your summary of what he stated as his idea to grow e-sports in the US is hilariously for the lack of a better expression...double digit IQ?
BigLighthouse
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom424 Posts
July 23 2011 09:41 GMT
#468
On July 23 2011 10:45 Sandro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2011 10:44 Olinim wrote:
When SK did this with MC and Nada everyone was pissed off. It's the same thing...hypocrites :/

That was because SK threw away their entire team and is just using NaDa and MC to promote their brand, MC and NaDa most certainly don't have a lack of funds to travel. But with Complexity they're giving a chance to two deserving players to come out and play in western tournaments.



You do realise that MC and NaDa DO have a lack of travel funds right? OGS isnt paying for them to go anywhere. All of MCs appearences in foreign events have either been paid by the tournament organisers eg. NASL or off his own back as far as im aware
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
July 23 2011 09:42 GMT
#469
On July 23 2011 18:40 Yiska wrote:
His last sentence completely applies to you. Your summary of what he stated as his idea to grow e-sports in the US is hilariously for the lack of a better expression...double digit IQ?


Oh I see, I guess it's okay to apparently "kill the foreigner scene and discourage new pros" when coL. gets a piece of the pie.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
phANT1m
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
South Africa535 Posts
July 23 2011 09:44 GMT
#470
Time to grab as many koreans as you can or form alliances. Wonder who will be the first to form an alliance with SlayerS.


Btw congrats to Complexity forgetting MVP with DongRaeGu one crazy freaking player :D.
Novalisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Israel1818 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-23 09:47:58
July 23 2011 09:45 GMT
#471
On July 23 2011 18:39 KeksX wrote:
Am I the only one who hates this? It's not about koreans joining the foreign teams. Thats okay. The issue is HOW ITS DONE.

This is neither buying players nor raising them. It's just advanced sponsorship. This shit is nothing persistent or something you can rely on.

Whats in 5 years?
EG.MVP.coL.mouz.d.SK.MVP ? Seriously?
Teams are becoming sponsors, is that really what you guys want?
"Hey we are complexity gaming and we have the best 5 players on the planet. Well, at least we own 5% of them." -_-'.

Starcraft 2 is becoming a stock market, lol


Complexity has access to top of the line training in korea for its players, MVP players who perform well have access to tournaments outside of korea. This isn't just sponsorship, it promotes growth of both teams.
/commercial
ZeraToss
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany1094 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-23 09:48:33
July 23 2011 09:46 GMT
#472
omfg why so many news, i almost cant keep up anymore
"Personality should be irrelevant. This is a computer game tournament, not a dating show." EGIdrA on "introduce yourself and say something about your personality" Idra <3
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
July 23 2011 09:47 GMT
#473

Complexity has access to top of the line training in korea for its players, MVP players who perform well have access to tournaments outside of korea. This isn't just "buying players", it promotes growth of both teams.

Yea, like I said, it's a sponsorship.

NaDa is still in oGs no matter where he plays,
DRG is still MVPDRG no matter where he plays. But NaDa now gets money from SK and DRG gets money from coL.

This is nothing else than an advanced sponsorship and it's bad that teams are going into that direction.
Yiska
Profile Joined November 2010
141 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-23 09:51:02
July 23 2011 09:48 GMT
#474
On July 23 2011 18:42 Gamegene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2011 18:40 Yiska wrote:
His last sentence completely applies to you. Your summary of what he stated as his idea to grow e-sports in the US is hilariously for the lack of a better expression...double digit IQ?


Oh I see, I guess it's okay to apparently "kill the foreigner scene and discourage new pros" when coL. gets a piece of the pie.


Those topics aren't even related and you mash them up because you apparently didn't understand what he was stating. I encourage you to rewatch the clip where he states his idea and come back here. You are very off on this. Even regarding the topic you created (which is not what CatZ is talking about) the American players of coL still win out in this deal as they get to practice in a pro environment if they so wish.

coL is easily the most supportive organisation in NA of local talent.
Novalisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Israel1818 Posts
July 23 2011 09:49 GMT
#475
On July 23 2011 18:47 KeksX wrote:
Show nested quote +

Complexity has access to top of the line training in korea for its players, MVP players who perform well have access to tournaments outside of korea. This isn't just "buying players", it promotes growth of both teams.

Yea, like I said, it's a sponsorship.

NaDa is still in oGs no matter where he plays,
DRG is still MVPDRG no matter where he plays. But NaDa now gets money from SK and DRG gets money from coL.

This is nothing else than an advanced sponsorship and it's bad that teams are going into that direction.


Yep you said it was a sponsorship, I corrected it(though too late lol).

The NaDa MC deal is different, as SK didn't get to improve its existing roster in return(as it has none), and there is no guarantee they will sponsor other oGs players for outside tournaments.
/commercial
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
July 23 2011 09:50 GMT
#476
On July 23 2011 18:47 KeksX wrote:
Yea, like I said, it's a sponsorship.

NaDa is still in oGs no matter where he plays,
DRG is still MVPDRG no matter where he plays. But NaDa now gets money from SK and DRG gets money from coL.

This is nothing else than an advanced sponsorship and it's bad that teams are going into that direction.


I wish teams would follow FXO and TL's example and actually send players to train hard in Korea; maybe stay in their home countries and make team houses like EG.

But the bottom line is that hard work HAS been paying off for all foreigners who practice insanely hard.

Look at HuK as the oGs-TL ace. Look at qxc all killing IM. Read FXOboss's posts about how diligently his players are starting to practice realizing they have so much work to do.

Sponsorship isn't going to go very far. There are no shortcuts in anything in life.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
gullberg
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Sweden1301 Posts
July 23 2011 09:51 GMT
#477
Fnatic needs to pull a cooperation with TSL

Dignitas with ZeNEX

Mouz with NsHs

Sixjax with IM?!

Reign with SlayerS lol?
BigLighthouse
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom424 Posts
July 23 2011 09:52 GMT
#478
On July 23 2011 11:01 Otolia wrote:
Oh that's great, but I'm sorry to inform you that it won't make the NA scene any better.

User was temp banned for this post.


I honestly agree with this sentiment. Whilst it may be good news that strong Korean players are now supported properly and can attend more events, these kind of merges are going to surely have 1 of 2 effects on NA and Euro players. Either they pull their finger out and step up to the plate to show that they are equal in worth to Korean players, or they continue to perform on a (on average) lower level and eventually be left behind by the foreign based orgas.
Usagi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Spain1647 Posts
July 23 2011 09:52 GMT
#479
Yes, I actually hope that Col. guys really take time to go train in Korea. And they should be able to play in GSTL.

But something comes to mind now. Was not some guy from GG gaming going to MVP house soon too?
Mr.Brightside
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia317 Posts
July 23 2011 09:53 GMT
#480
It's the cool thing to do right now. Everybody wants a slice of Korean pie. Jason Bass and Jason Lake? Did those guys like change their names just so they could sound like more of a team? I wonder if they like fishing...
"Makin' Pylons, Makin' Probes, Fightin' Round The World" - Russell Crowe
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings77
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta30
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 173
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10762
White-Ra 358
Dota 2
monkeys_forever737
NeuroSwarm83
League of Legends
Doublelift5717
JimRising 634
Counter-Strike
fl0m4773
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox903
AZ_Axe165
Other Games
summit1g8878
Maynarde196
KnowMe193
ArmadaUGS140
Mew2King37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick932
BasetradeTV185
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 12m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
10h 12m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 12m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.