• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:41
CEST 16:41
KST 23:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8117 users

[July] SC2 General Discussion - Page 29

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 Next All
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-04 19:36:16
August 04 2011 18:53 GMT
#561
On August 05 2011 02:43 whoopingchow wrote:
There's one that just got funded on Kickstarter called StarNation. What's this NatGeo documentary on Starcraft you speak of??





TheGlassface it's a expansion. Your ideas rewrite the original game. Sure, I have complaints as well about SC2 (That I won't cite). Some of the choices Blizzard made are not in the direction I would have gone. Some are outright strange.

But think about how the small amount of changes for bw transformed starcraft. Even adding one unit or tweaking another can change the matchup for a race dynamically. I'd bet my ladder points on 1-3 units being added or tweaked in HotS. And I'd go into debt with a bet saying that there will be less of an evolution between WoL and HotS than sc and bw. Legacy of the Void will introduce even further changes.

I still standby saying your ideas are far too revolutionary. The overseer will be replaced or tweaked but if overlords get detection it'll just be bollucks. Unless it's a Lair upgrade.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
whoopingchow
Profile Joined June 2011
United States293 Posts
August 04 2011 19:15 GMT
#562
F'KN AWESOME.
Winterstaff
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States7 Posts
August 04 2011 20:49 GMT
#563
How do you modify/create unit models in the sc2 editor?
Cubbieblue66
Profile Joined June 2011
95 Posts
August 04 2011 21:12 GMT
#564
On August 04 2011 11:14 Probe1 wrote:
Make a checklist for your build (Chrono, Probe, Upgrade, Units) and try to do it as quickly as possible. That'll train your apm to put it succinctly. All I can say is have a build and a goal that are one in the same (Aside from killing your opp) and try to accomplish it as quickly as possible. Every few games just go back and see where you forget a probe or a pylon. The faster you can do it the better you'll be regardless of APM (Which will increase on its own). Cheers man!


Thanks for the advice.
Madera
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden2672 Posts
August 04 2011 21:14 GMT
#565
Is the August thread going up any time soon?
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 05 2011 01:16 GMT
#566
pm Jinro 8 or 9 times until he makes it.
Srs face: should be up in a week or two.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Draelo
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia7 Posts
August 05 2011 05:19 GMT
#567
I hope so. Really helpful.
daggertech
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden24 Posts
August 05 2011 06:29 GMT
#568
It probably will, just keep posting here in the meanwhile? Lol
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 06:55:48
August 05 2011 06:55 GMT
#569
Yes. Same shit different month.

Who's ready to see (Z)YellOw explode 3-0 over (T)BoxeR.

YEAH.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
kollin
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8380 Posts
August 05 2011 11:17 GMT
#570
NO!!!! My GOM player is saying I need to install it, and then refusing to install it! I refuse to miss Yellow vs BoxeR!!!
/cry
Sephy90
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1785 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 13:33:45
August 05 2011 13:13 GMT
#571
Yeah it's saying that I don't have it installed for mac... when I don't have a mac. I'll just wait for them to release the videos elsewhere.

Well now they're not asking to install but it just won't play. Alright fuck it, this is very disappointing nap time bye.
"So I turned the lights off at night and practiced by myself"
Alvalanker
Profile Joined July 2011
United States253 Posts
August 05 2011 15:31 GMT
#572
Anyone else still enjoy watching Brood War replays from the WCG 2000's? I am addicted to them, I find them more exciting than SC2 matches...but SC2 is more fun to play I guess...I miss BW though.
The fragile art of existence is kept alive by sheer persistence.
Techno
Profile Joined June 2010
1900 Posts
August 05 2011 15:46 GMT
#573
On August 06 2011 00:31 Alvalanker wrote:
Anyone else still enjoy watching Brood War replays from the WCG 2000's? I am addicted to them, I find them more exciting than SC2 matches...but SC2 is more fun to play I guess...I miss BW though.

Sc2 BW is incredibly fun to play!! Cannot recommend it enough. Its a custom map that recreates BW in the SC2 engine. It even goes as far as recreating the unit accelerations!
Hell, its awesome to LOSE to nukes!
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 05 2011 16:56 GMT
#574
You know what's also incredibly fun? Rebel Yell and Overmind campaigns in SC2

Too bad the Protoss campaign is currently in mod development hell right now. I love playing the old campaigns on the new engine.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Alvalanker
Profile Joined July 2011
United States253 Posts
August 05 2011 17:13 GMT
#575
On August 06 2011 00:46 Techno wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2011 00:31 Alvalanker wrote:
Anyone else still enjoy watching Brood War replays from the WCG 2000's? I am addicted to them, I find them more exciting than SC2 matches...but SC2 is more fun to play I guess...I miss BW though.

Sc2 BW is incredibly fun to play!! Cannot recommend it enough. Its a custom map that recreates BW in the SC2 engine. It even goes as far as recreating the unit accelerations!

Thanks man, I will check it out, I did not know about this.
The fragile art of existence is kept alive by sheer persistence.
sixfour
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
England11062 Posts
August 05 2011 19:06 GMT
#576
i'd love to see the following lineup for a tournament:

white-ra
huk
nightend
naniwa
mana
socke
sase
cruncher

round robin bo1, get $x per win, $y per win using a 4 gate where y<x
p: stats, horang2, free, jangbi z: soulkey, zero, shine, hydra t: leta, hiya, sea
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 05 2011 20:10 GMT
#577
The winner of the tournament is the one that makes the most cash? That idea is brilliant man.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Cubbieblue66
Profile Joined June 2011
95 Posts
August 06 2011 00:05 GMT
#578
I just experienced the craziest damn thing...

It was a PvP and I screwed up badly... completely missing a proxy pylon in my base. I pushed back a couple units at my front and he warped in behind my guys, picking off my pylon supplying power to my robo... so I was completely dead in the water.

My scouting mistake, not any real sort of cheese on his part... so I gg'd and was working my way up to the menu to surrender when he went ahead and dropped out of the game. Then he sent me a message saying he felt guilty taking ladder points from me that way.

For all the times I've been cheesed and bm'd... it was really strange to see somebody genuinely nice online... even dropping games he had deservedly won.

Thanks MonsterChef, of platinum division felanius mu.
whoopingchow
Profile Joined June 2011
United States293 Posts
August 06 2011 01:55 GMT
#579
Wow, that's amazing. Real props to Monsterchef for that, hope he's on TL and sees this. :D
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
August 06 2011 02:15 GMT
#580
Was anyone amazed by the real life size version of starcraft 2 stars?
I met a bunch of people at MLG and my impressions were
....Wow Day 9 is soooo tall in person
....Wow, Huk looks like a highschool person
....Wow, Incontrol is the new HULK!
moo...for DRG
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 399
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32754
Bisu 3063
Shuttle 1731
Hyuk 1311
EffOrt 718
Mini 696
Larva 361
Soma 282
ZerO 259
firebathero 234
[ Show more ]
Zeus 100
hero 92
Last 85
Sexy 70
Hyun 43
Mong 40
Killer 40
Pusan 35
Trap 35
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 33
PianO 32
Aegong 28
Hm[arnc] 28
sorry 20
zelot 18
Rock 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
JulyZerg 8
Noble 8
Sacsri 7
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
Gorgc7423
qojqva1392
Dendi793
Counter-Strike
fl0m2319
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1311
crisheroes873
Liquid`Hasu588
Lowko450
Other Games
singsing2670
B2W.Neo1372
Beastyqt411
Livibee207
Hui .199
Liquid`VortiX172
KnowMe97
ArmadaUGS86
Mew2King84
elazer61
CosmosSc2 26
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream65
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8409
• WagamamaTV184
League of Legends
• Jankos1986
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 19m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 19m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 19m
INu's Battles
21h 19m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.